First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
IRAN,what do u think?
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 1/27/09 , edited 1/27/09
when President Bush classified Iran with the North Korea & Iraq in the"Evil axis",the world (if i can say),suddenly rediscovred Iran as a source of possible trouble & "terrorism",The nuclear power of Iran makes many afraid(including Israel & the arabs-the two supposed enemies agree when it comes to Iran),the President Obama promises new strategy toward Iran,what we can call"the soft power".& Iran is always making statements about how much they are ready to face USA & the whole world,Iran also is working on having power in Iraq(well,60 % of Iraqis are Shiite,it may explain a little),Iran also is the creator of Hizboallah & the protector of Hamas,Iran is a power that can't be ignored!

Since the islamic revolution in 1979,ElKhoumayni talked about "exporting"the Irani revolutionary experience to the world,are the iranians looking for really applying his wish??

What do u think about Iran??as a country?toward Iranian people?toward Iranian governance??if anyone can explain more why this hate between Iran & the world?is it really a source of "terrorism"??did the Islamic revolution help the iranians or the opposit??How will Obama deal with Iran??how much Iran is important & plays a lead role in the golf & the whole middle east(Iran has an important geographic place)??does Iran look for a lead role??the political game in Iran,is it fair???The golf,is it persian or arabic???should we really be afraid of Iran?? If there any iranians in CR please give us ur viewpoint!

Please keep the debate civilisated,no need for insults or starting a little war here too!
If it's duplicated,delete it!

1186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Leading your nigh...
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
Whenever we fear something, it automatically becomes 'evil' in our eyes. If I ran were to attack America, especially at this time where they probably have the worst hit economically and military-wise, I'd say that they call them evil mostly because a greater power is always evil.

In Irans case, I'm not surprised. They really are a force to be feared. Remember when America stood beside Saddam Hussein, against Iran? That was the only time Iran was kept at bay, now, America got rid of their scapegoat... and it's about to bite them hard on the arse.

For me, I'm neutral on this. I'm not on either side. Iran is doing what they believe is best or them, but at the same time, it's not going to help us in anyway... they are truly a force to b e feared.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
We're afraid of their nuclear power simply because we cannot guarantee what they will do with it.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
most iranians, including all the ones i know, are normal people (try reading or watching Persepolis ) the islamic revolution was actually carried out by leftists, but since radicals took over, that country has been in deep shit
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/27/09 , edited 1/27/09
My question is why the hell do we even believe a single word out of President Bush lips or the neo cons lips? After being lied to for eight years why do we always take their word for being true? Our own US intelligance denies this claim and the IAEA denies it even after giving surprise visits to Iran they still found no evidance. So here we are again faced with another war propaganda machine in the USA pushing us to this claim. A country who has never launched a war on another country nor pre-emptively striked one is all of a sudden a threat. Where as USA and Israel done so and USA actually dropped an atomic bomb. Why do we continue to look like hypocrites around the world and wonder why we arent liked? Is Israel and the USA obiding by the IAEA? Why are countries even still involved in the UN when the USA and Israel gets full immunity from the laws from it. Even his speech he gave "Wipe Israel off the map " is a damn hoax. The word map was never even stated. Many Farsi speakers disputed this and if you can speak Farsi here is the actually quote.

Taken from http://www.antiwar.com/orig/norouzi.php?articleid=11025 (a good read) by Arash Norouzi

The Actual Quote:

So what did Ahmadinejad actually say? To quote his exact words in Farsi:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

That passage will mean nothing to most people, but one word might ring a bell: rezhim-e. It is the word "regime." pronounced just like the English word with an extra "eh" sound at the end. Ahmadinejad did not refer to Israel the country or Israel the land mass, but the Israeli regime. This is a vastly significant distinction, as one cannot wipe a regime off the map. Ahmadinejad does not even refer to Israel by name, he instead uses the specific phrase "rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods" (regime occupying Jerusalem).

So this raises the question.. what exactly did he want "wiped from the map"? The answer is: nothing. That's because the word "map" was never used. The Persian word for map, "nagsheh" is not contained anywhere in his original Farsi quote, or, for that matter, anywhere in his entire speech. Nor was the western phrase "wipe out" ever said. Yet we are led to believe that Iran's president threatened to "wipe Israel off the map." despite never having uttered the words "map." "wipe out" or even "Israel."

The Proof:

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

There is many more refuting it but this what I am trying to say we cannot let these neo cons sell us this war in Iran. If we end up bombing them and find nothing we will be hated any more. Why cant we just leave these people alone? Why do we support corrupt ideologies (zionism). If Iran even declares war against Israel that will be suicide for them first off Israel already has 200+ nukes on hand, advance military thanks to the USA. Israel will flatten this country so if Iran wants to get hostile let Israel handle this. This is not an American problem. I am pretty damn sure the USA wants communism erased off this earth but that doesnt mean we nuke Russia does it?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2007/260107offthemap.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6167304.stm mainstream outlet
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/01/AR2005080101453_pf.html another mainstream
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/13/AR2006091302052.html
http://libertariantoday.blogspot.com/2007/12/no-iran-nukes-says-us-intelligence.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5bEhN7_abc&mode=related&search
http://www.ronpaulspeaks.com/quotes/iran.htm

Simply put Americans please we cannot be stupid enough to fall for the same lie they used with Iraq. We have to wake up and educate ourselves. The reason why our government can get away with soo many lies is because the public is misinformed everyday. We have too many damn sheep you can tell even by some of the posters on this forum with their do or die attitude with their government.
203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 1/27/09 , edited 1/27/09
you asked a lot in one post !
I'm not the best at politics and my English is not very good either but i wold try my best to answer you

maybe !but i don't think out of Shiite community anyone would buy it and even inside Iran many of religious people don't like them much.
it's my country of course i love it
there are many type of people inside of iran .different ethnicity (pars , Kurd ,Assyrians,Baloochies ,lors, , Turk , Arab...).different religions(Islam, christian,Zoroastrianism ,Jews.., )and not all the people are religious. there are many that accept Islam but aren't keen on doing every thing it's said, and there are atheists too.in general they have great hospitality and kindness .you can come and see yourself .and despite the bad impact of western governments they are not at all anti American ,ant westerners .also iran is an ancient country with rich culture ,beutiful landscape .four season in same time .
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/rick-steves-iran-2074/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/01/AR2006090100511.html
http://www.travelandleisure.com/tlgolf/articles/tee-time-in-tehran/
http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/travel/10Iran.html?pagewanted=print
http://tehran.stanford.edu/


don't like it but don't want non Iranian interferes in that matter (especially starting wars and giving help to terrorist groups to toppled it)
if you mean hate between iran government and America government it's a long story a very bad history of interfering and stealing national treasures and humiliating from that side and stupid international diplomacy and showing hostility from this side .
umm
1-alqaeda is also the arc enemy of iran beside many other terrorist groups backed by america
2_iran and syrya financially helps hezbolah
3_iran and other arab countries financially helpes hamas but i don't think iran provide it any weapons
iranian wanted to get rid of weak shah and have the profit of oil and less rush of westernisation shoved in their throat but ended up disappointed with the new government since it wasn't good at international relations and not very good with Economy (regarding the sanctions ) and human rights. and westernes wanted to get rid of the increasing influence of communism backed by soviet .so in a way they both win and loosed
well there are hopes .wait and see

for this question i suggest to look at wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_gulf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran

it's 50%
i'm coming to eat you
if you mean iran would develop nuclear weapon and go after usa or israel or any other country ?then no
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
Iran is only making these statements about facing the whole world because constintatly USA and Israel is threatning to attack them so it is only natural that you will speak on defence. They are not saying they will be the first to pre emptively strike a country because if they did the media would blow up about this. It is already sad that our brave men and women is dieing in a like called the Iraq war now the neo cons will push to have them die in Iran. Are we fighting for the USA or fighting for Israel?
2320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
weII, Bush caIIed everyone terrorist, he try to conquer the worId, but himseIf is terrorist. Now US shouId be better cuz Obama
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
we should just leave Iran alone and stop sticking our noses into everyones businesses
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Labyrinth of Amala
Offline
Posted 1/27/09 , edited 1/27/09

AleeceNoTenshi wrote:
In Irans case, I'm not surprised. They really are a force to be feared. Remember when America stood beside Saddam Hussein, against Iran? That was the only time Iran was kept at bay, now, America got rid of their scapegoat... and it's about to bite them hard on the arse.


Saddam Hussein was just a joke to play on Iran.

Iran is not a threat to U.S..
They are surrounded; the U.S. in Iraq, Afghanistan etc etc.
Plus our lovely allies Turkey (who would love to stick their foot up Syria's ass).


Iran's people are suffering under that regime.
Iran's government wants to play games with Israel...
Iran doesn't have a chance in hell. Hopefully the people will rise up before it's too late.




Posted 1/28/09
Yeah Iran has been pushed into a corner it is not surprising that they would seek to defend themselves just like N. Korea, they opened up their nuclear program after Bush had put them in the axis of evil and then invaded Iraq so they probably felt like they needed a little insurance. Also nuclear proliferation is a growing problem I would not be shocked if more countries have the bomb in the future.
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

drizza wrote:

My question is why the hell do we even believe a single word out of President Bush lips or the neo cons lips? After being lied to for eight years why do we always take their word for being true? Our own US intelligance denies this claim and the IAEA denies it even after giving surprise visits to Iran they still found no evidance. So here we are again faced with another war propaganda machine in the USA pushing us to this claim. A country who has never launched a war on another country nor pre-emptively striked one is all of a sudden a threat. Where as USA and Israel done so and USA actually dropped an atomic bomb. Why do we continue to look like hypocrites around the world and wonder why we arent liked? Is Israel and the USA obiding by the IAEA? Why are countries even still involved in the UN when the USA and Israel gets full immunity from the laws from it. Even his speech he gave "Wipe Israel off the map " is a damn hoax. The word map was never even stated. Many Farsi speakers disputed this and if you can speak Farsi here is the actually quote.

Taken from http://www.antiwar.com/orig/norouzi.php?articleid=11025 (a good read) by Arash Norouzi

The Actual Quote:

So what did Ahmadinejad actually say? To quote his exact words in Farsi:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

That passage will mean nothing to most people, but one word might ring a bell: rezhim-e. It is the word "regime." pronounced just like the English word with an extra "eh" sound at the end. Ahmadinejad did not refer to Israel the country or Israel the land mass, but the Israeli regime. This is a vastly significant distinction, as one cannot wipe a regime off the map. Ahmadinejad does not even refer to Israel by name, he instead uses the specific phrase "rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods" (regime occupying Jerusalem).

So this raises the question.. what exactly did he want "wiped from the map"? The answer is: nothing. That's because the word "map" was never used. The Persian word for map, "nagsheh" is not contained anywhere in his original Farsi quote, or, for that matter, anywhere in his entire speech. Nor was the western phrase "wipe out" ever said. Yet we are led to believe that Iran's president threatened to "wipe Israel off the map." despite never having uttered the words "map." "wipe out" or even "Israel."

The Proof:

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

There is many more refuting it but this what I am trying to say we cannot let these neo cons sell us this war in Iran. If we end up bombing them and find nothing we will be hated any more. Why cant we just leave these people alone? Why do we support corrupt ideologies (zionism). If Iran even declares war against Israel that will be suicide for them first off Israel already has 200+ nukes on hand, advance military thanks to the USA. Israel will flatten this country so if Iran wants to get hostile let Israel handle this. This is not an American problem. I am pretty damn sure the USA wants communism erased off this earth but that doesnt mean we nuke Russia does it?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2007/260107offthemap.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6167304.stm mainstream outlet
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/01/AR2005080101453_pf.html another mainstream
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/13/AR2006091302052.html
http://libertariantoday.blogspot.com/2007/12/no-iran-nukes-says-us-intelligence.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5bEhN7_abc&mode=related&search
http://www.ronpaulspeaks.com/quotes/iran.htm

Simply put Americans please we cannot be stupid enough to fall for the same lie they used with Iraq. We have to wake up and educate ourselves. The reason why our government can get away with soo many lies is because the public is misinformed everyday. We have too many damn sheep you can tell even by some of the posters on this forum with their do or die attitude with their government.


Cool! You went to Alex Jones website too?
1186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Leading your nigh...
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

sebastianthepinkrabbit wrote:


AleeceNoTenshi wrote:
In Irans case, I'm not surprised. They really are a force to be feared. Remember when America stood beside Saddam Hussein, against Iran? That was the only time Iran was kept at bay, now, America got rid of their scapegoat... and it's about to bite them hard on the arse.


Saddam Hussein was just a joke to play on Iran.

Iran is not a threat to U.S..
They are surrounded; the U.S. in Iraq, Afghanistan etc etc.
Plus our lovely allies Turkey (who would love to stick their foot up Syria's ass).


Iran's people are suffering under that regime.
Iran's government wants to play games with Israel...
Iran doesn't have a chance in hell. Hopefully the people will rise up before it's too late.






America isn't naive enough to ally themselves with someone like Saddam Hussein as a joke. These types of things are not jokes, that's like Obama saying 'Everyone except for African Americans must pay higher taxes' and then calling it a joke. Even if it was a joke, most people wouldn't be thrilled to hear it.

Yeah, but Americans in Afghanistan and in Iraq have to get past other forces before making their way to Iran. they're way to pre-occupied and if Iran is slapped on top of that workload... well we could only imagine.

Turkey would love to stick their foot up Syria's ass, but the arabs aren't exactly happy with Turkey themselves... and turkey isn't really a threat, they're too busy with Cyprus.

Iranians support their government, and they despise America. They're hate for America is to powerful for you to just side-step.

Wants to play games with Israel? Wow, you make politics sound so simple.

Don't bet on it, it doesn't look as though people will rise up anytime soon... the only rising up they will do is against the U.S.
203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

they despise America.the only rising up they will do is against the U.S.

wrong .Iranian are pro American .they want normal relation with america.believe me
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/28/09 , edited 1/28/09
Lol come on many here is actually buying Iran being a threat. A threat to USA as much Iran president (I cant spell his name off the top of my head) try to get bush to talk with him bush turns them all down. He even wrote a touching letter to bush you guys need to check it out. Bush doesnt respond. All the interviews he been on in the USA all the tough questions he asked, and many many times he says Iran doesnt have anything against Americans. Please people use your brains Iran is a weak nation and it will never be a threat. I just proved to many that his quote was taken waay out of context and there is no proof of them creating a nuclear weapon. So why are we still pushing the same neo con propaganda on this forum when the facts already been stated? Why do we insist on going to war with weak countries who never layed a finger on us? Why do we think Israel with all its might cant handle anything for themselves? Are you guys willing to die for Israel? Put their interests first over your countries? Where did this thinking even come from? It is terribly sad that after all those lies Bush still has credibility and the government can use the same trick on Iraq to Iran and people sheeply follow it. For the muslims only on this thread there is a verse in the Quran when I find it exactly I will quote it right. But it said the enemy will come at you with lies it is our duty to ascetain the truth. Think about that for a minute.

@Azera Alex Jones is ok to me but sometimes he goes a little overboard with conspiracys and thats where he loses me. But his websites really have some good articles written by others.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.