First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Digits Of Pi
Posted 1/28/09
I Found This Interesting,
So Has Anyone Tried To Memorize The Digits Of Pi.
I've Only Memorized A Quarter Of 100.

For More Info:
http://www.piday.org/

Lock If A Duplicate.
No Spamming Or "Fail Thread" <<< Type Wannabe's Here.
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 1/28/09
Good luck. Hopefully you memorize it all even though, no matter what you do, you cannot memorize the value of pi.
Have fun though, and good job memorizing 25 decimal places. Great accomplishment. You deserve a cookie for even actually bothering. You are the Pi Hero.
Posted 1/28/09

jewishplayer wrote:

Good luck. Hopefully you memorize it all even though, no matter what you do, you cannot memorize the value of pi.
Have fun though, and good job memorizing 25 decimal places. Great accomplishment. You deserve a cookie for even actually bothering. You are the Pi Hero.


An...Yeah No Sacarstic People Either.
Take Your Sarcasm Somewhere Else.
It's Not Needed Here.
1557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 1/28/09
This probably goes in the general thread. We don't need to discuss what pi is.

I stopped at 21 decimal places. In 6th grade.
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

NaruHina2210 wrote:


jewishplayer wrote:

Good luck. Hopefully you memorize it all even though, no matter what you do, you cannot memorize the value of pi.
Have fun though, and good job memorizing 25 decimal places. Great accomplishment. You deserve a cookie for even actually bothering. You are the Pi Hero.


An...Yeah No Sacarstic People Either.
Take Your Sarcasm Somewhere Else.
It's Not Needed Here.

I was not being sarcastic. Though, I apologize it sounded that way.
Posted 1/28/09
^^...Apology Accepted.
Posted 1/28/09
No.

I'm done with Trigonometry and Calculus.

I'm more like studying Human Behavior and Gestures, then duplicate the good ones for my own benefit.
571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/28/09
The most digits I've ever reached is around 30 decimal places.

I was watching a documentary a while back about a savant named Daniel Tammet. He holds the European record for memorizing pi to 22,514 digits in 5 hours 9 minutes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4nti#M.C3.A4nti

According to Wikipedia, the officially recognized record is 67,890 digits.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi#Memorizing_digits
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / yamaku
Offline
Posted 1/28/09
Memorizing pi.... I'm sure it'll be usefull at some point in your life...
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 1/29/09

h3ntie wrote:

Memorizing pi.... I'm sure it'll be usefull at some point in your life...



not likely unless you end up on some game show and they ask it as a question.
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / yamaku
Offline
Posted 1/29/09

Shabbernigdo wrote:


h3ntie wrote:

Memorizing pi.... I'm sure it'll be usefull at some point in your life...



not likely unless you end up on some game show and they ask it as a question.


I wuz bein sarcasticc
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/29/09

h3ntie wrote:

Memorizing pi.... I'm sure it'll be usefull at some point in your life...


lawl
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/29/09

yum?


on a serious note - i memorized like 50 ish. and i almost won a prize for it too in class , but someone beat me by 1
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 1/29/09
Sadly, no one can memorize pi.
Posted 1/30/09
^^...Can You Actually Even Remember All That ?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.