First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Why do you like HYD *Japenese Version*?
3905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SHINee World. (:
Offline
Posted 1/28/09
I don't know why people like the Japenese Version.
I HATE Japenese dramas & movies.
They're just lame.
I mean what's so good about the Japenese Version of HYD?
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/28/09
personaly i love jdramas and movies
i also like korean movies but not the dramas they are way too long
i just get bored of it half way of watching them
i think HYD the j version is the best ever
i didn't like the taiwanese version and the korean version is just a waste of time
it sucks
but don't get offended this is my personal opinion just like your's was
607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paris, France
Offline
Posted 1/28/09 , edited 1/28/09
People like the Japanese version because... it's actually good XD

The first season was well done and way too short to get bored with. The second season, looking back on it now, is kind of ridiculous (lol amnesia) but they had done such a good job with the first season, so I think that affection for HYD Japan carried over into the second season in spite of some cheesy storylines .

Also I'd say they did a pretty good job retaining the spirit of the manga (especially the Shigeru-Domyouji-Makino-Rui-Shigeru chemistry... what is that, like, a love pentagon? XD) even if some things weren't exactly the same.
4800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Shun's room--feel...
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

smilelaughlove wrote:

I don't know why people like the Japenese Version.
I HATE Japenese dramas & movies.
They're just lame.
I mean what's so good about the Japenese Version of HYD?



Because Oguri Shun will always be my Hanazawa Rui <333

LOL JK....well not really, but there is much more [=

I have seen Meteor Garden and the latest of Boys Over Flowers, but to me, Hana Yori Dango will always be the best version to me.

First of all, ACTING:
Lee Min Ho does a FANTASTIC job, I have to admit. I totally fell in love with him. But he doesn't bring the same characteristics as Matsumoto Jun. Matsujun was not only this obnoxious, arrogant jerk--he was quite funny as well. He was a total mess of a character, full of mood swings, changing from one extremity to the next. In one scene, when he finds out that Rui kissed Makino in the hospital, you could see mixed emotions as he laughed and cracked jokes yet tripped over the stairs at the same time. Right after this, out of nowhere, he punches Rui in the face. Domyouji is a really complicated character [even as I'm trying to describe him] and I feel like Lee Min Ho only portrays his arrogant side (and loving side to Jandi), but Matsumoto Jun is able to portray the lost person that he is, neglected by his family, though finding love for the first time.

Oguri Shun vs. Hyun Joong. Umm....I'm pretty sure I don't have to say much to this. I LOVE Hyun Joong, but he IS a first time actor. And it's unfair to put him against Oguri Shun, a professional actor. I'll just say that HJ was stiff and...didn't really matter if he was there or not. Up to episode 7, he got better, but he just doesn't bring the same emotions as Oguri Shun. When I watched Hana Yori Dango, I cried for Rui. He was so mysterious and lonely, yet he smiled. And when he played the violin...I died. When Hyun Joong played the violin...I laughed. It looked pretty fake. Oguri Shun was Hanazawa Rui. Hyunjoong? He played himself.

Goo Hye Sun isn't a bad actor, but I felt that her "weed" status did not keep up in the Korean version. I didn't feel an emphasis on her toughness. I just felt that she didn't like Go Jun Pyo. On the other hand, you could see Makino truly didn't know who she liked more. On the outside, she liked Rui, but deep inside, she kept thinking of Domyouji. Makino showed more internal conflicts than Jandi. It just seemed that Goo Hye Sun got through her role by exaggerating her emotions. Makino often seemed exaggerated too, but...it actually is the way that Japanese people talk. [You know, with the EHHH?s haha]


Secondly, CHEMISTRY.
The main part about this storyline is F4, right? Well, I didn't feel F4 in BOF. Sure, they were 4 hot guys, while the Japanese F4 may seem like 4 old thugs or whatever. At first, I saw Japanese F4, I cringed. I thought Matsumoto Jun looked like Michael Jackson. Akira [Abe] looked like he was 35 years old instead of a high schooler. But you know what? They grow on you like leeches. I fell in love with them. Their fights, their inside jokes, THE APPLE that Rui would shave. Boys Over Flower doesn't emphasize their friendship. Sure, they got their "Thanks Buddy" thing going on and everything, but you don't see the bond that Japanese F4 creates. Matsumoto Jun and Oguri Shun displayed powerful chemistry in this drama, whereas Ji Hoo and Jun Pyo just seemed to be...just friends.




Okay, I could write an essay comparing all the versions but I'm not going to. You shouldn't compare versions, or it would ruin the point of it, right? Boys over Flowers has its good points--it's quite entertaining and I love the casting of Jandi's family. All the versions are good in its own way, but if I had to pick my favorite, it would be Hana Yori Dango. Since a lot of people had said they really liked it, doesn't that prove that it's worth a chance to watch? You will see that the Korean version runs a lot of similarities to the Japanese version, but their portrayal is different. Heck, some lines are even exactly the same, but you get a different feeling.

I strongly recommend that you try it!
It has been the best drama I have ever seen, and maybe you will enjoy it too.
I think it's quite extreme to hate all Japanese dramas.
What is it there to hate about it?
I love Japanese dramas as they cut to the chase rather than Korean dramas and their draggy plots.
I disagree that they are lame.
Korean dramas focus only on love. Japanese dramas focus on love, life, family, and friendship. I find Jdramas often more deep and profound. It's a matter of opinion, but I think you should watch more Jdramas before you declare that you "hate all of them."


To put it simply, Hana Yori Dango has more depth. Sorry for my long long post [=
240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/28/09 , edited 1/28/09

agentduckiechan wrote:

People like the Japanese version because... it's actually good XD

The first season was well done and way too short to get bored with. The second season, looking back on it now, is kind of ridiculous (lol amnesia) but they had done such a good job with the first season, so I think that affection for HYD Japan carried over into the second season in spite of some cheesy storylines .

Also I'd say they did a pretty good job retaining the spirit of the manga (especially the Shigeru-Domyouji-Makino-Rui-Shigeru chemistry... what is that, like, a love pentagon? XD) even if some things weren't exactly the same.


i think the "amnesia thing" is from manga........
HYD just follow it.

For me, HYD is one of the best drama I've ever seen...... no doubt at all!
The only drama that can make me sad when they sad and happy when they happy....
the only drama that can make me feel the way Makino feel....... sad, happy, confuse between rui and domyoji.

I think, the best things in HYD are CHEMISTRY (between F4&Makino&family) and ACTING (Matsujun acting as a complicated person is sooooo great, which I didn;t find in any other version, also Inoue Mao & Oguri Shun acting is the best Makino and Rui) I don't have to explain, just see and you'll love them...
korean version is just funny drama with hot-looking actors, but i can't find the better acting compare to J version



3284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/28/09 , edited 1/28/09
I like the Japanese HYD because of Domyouji and Makino's chemistry. I don't know, but I don't feel as much chemistry between the Korean actors.

Although, I do love the chemistry between Ga-eul and Yi Jeong. :D

Also, in the manga Makino is supposed to look strong willed, and Jandi seem quite the oppositeish to me . She's much too exaggerated at times and isn't as likeable as Makino, the Japanese HYD heroine.
Posted 1/28/09
I think both the Jap and Korean versions rock a lot!! They both have different good and bad points, but ultimately, I think both make very entertaining dramas On the other hand, I really didn't like the taiwan version, because it seems to me that idol dramas focus more on the idols' presence than the acting, so well, I don't think it can be compared to the Jap and Korean version.
607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paris, France
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

yuni_h wrote:


agentduckiechan wrote:

People like the Japanese version because... it's actually good XD

The first season was well done and way too short to get bored with. The second season, looking back on it now, is kind of ridiculous (lol amnesia) but they had done such a good job with the first season, so I think that affection for HYD Japan carried over into the second season in spite of some cheesy storylines .

Also I'd say they did a pretty good job retaining the spirit of the manga (especially the Shigeru-Domyouji-Makino-Rui-Shigeru chemistry... what is that, like, a love pentagon? XD) even if some things weren't exactly the same.


i think the "amnesia thing" is from manga........
HYD just follow it.

For me, HYD is one of the best drama I've ever seen...... no doubt at all!
The only drama that can make me sad when they sad and happy when they happy....
the only drama that can make me feel the way Makino feel....... sad, happy, confuse between rui and domyoji.

I think, the best things in HYD are CHEMISTRY (between F4&Makino&family) and ACTING (Matsujun acting as a complicated person is sooooo great, which I didn;t find in any other version, also Inoue Mao & Oguri Shun acting is the best Makino and Rui) I don't have to explain, just see and you'll love them...
korean version is just funny drama with hot-looking actors, but i can't find the better acting compare to J version




I seem to remember the amnesia thing (lol) from Meteor Garden and the manga, but still it was kind of melodramatic haha. Even if it's in the manga, they did not necessarily have to put it in the show... did they? (For example, there's a character called Kazuya in the manga that doesn't make it into the live show.) I'm sure thirty-three chapters of manga gave them a lot of other options But I do like how they took the Canada thing and combined it with the amnesia thing to make it a little different from other versions.

I didn't say I don't love HYD (are you kidding? Look at my icon lol) - I watched the entire series in three days. I haven't watched the other series so I can't judge their acting, but I think it would be hard to beat Japan's cast. Matsujun in HYD holds a very special place in my heart- I was already a fan by the time I reached this show. I held off watching HYD for as long as I could (I'd watched Gokusen, Kimi Wa Petto, a bit of Kindaichi, Tokyo Tower and Bokuimo) because of the hype, but this was the show that made me fall madly in love LOL. I personally thought he was perfect and that this role will follow him to his grave because he was so good at it. XD And no matter what happened in the plot, the cast carried it well and made it difficult not to love the show.
1373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / 50th State
Offline
Posted 1/28/09
HYD was just produced well. The storyline, how they developed the characters, and just the chemistry between each of the actors and actress (of course I'm talking about f4 and Makino). Not to mention a great ending. I hate to say it but everyone deep down inside love the storybook ending "Happily Ever After" especially going through crap before ending up together. There's great Korean dramas too like My Lovely Sam Soon. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't really matter if it's a Japanese drama HYD was just pretty damn good. Of course that's just my opinion.
273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / On your roof ^^
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

agentduckiechan wrote:

People like the Japanese version because... it's actually good XD


I couldn't agree more! Especially since the drama is adapted from the japanese manga...! It was soo gwd i just started watchin it yesterdat nyte n nao im up to HYD II ep 5 <3 sooo addicting!
644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Philadelphia
Offline
Posted 1/28/09
The chemistry in HYD between the Jun and Mao is undeniable. That is my main reason for preferring it. Plus, as others have mentioned, Jun plays Domyouji really well. He is a complicated character and much more that just looks. He has to be this arrogant guy who thinks he is better than everyone else, an extremely guy to F4, while still dealing with his feelings for Makino. I feel Lee Min Ho simply cut out how hard it was for the character to admit to himself he liked and simply went to loving on Jandi mode. The result - no chemistry. As for the Taiwanese version, they dragged out certain things too long.

Second reason - Oguri Shun. I feel like that is enough.

Third Reason - The chemistry of F4. The chemistry of F4 in the Taiwanese version was good, they had that down. The chemistry of the Korean one is okay, nothing to write home about. The chemistry of the Japanese version was amazing tho. The four guys are all really good actors and they jus worked so well together.

Fourth Reason - Acting. The Korean version has bad acting. While I enjoy Jandi's crazy antics, I get the feeling they are not coming off the way they are supposed to. Lee Min Ho portrayal is lacking all around besides in looks. Kim Ki Bum, who I adore, is no Soujiro. The guy they got to play Rui, I know it is his first drama but it's Rui. You are following the footsteps of Zai Zai and Oguri, step up your game.

I have other reasons but this should be enough. I adore Jdramas and I think if you do not like them, you must be watching the wrong ones
240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/28/09



Yeah, i can see you're HYD fans too -LOL
honestly I don't like the amnesia thing too.... but I really love when domyoji remember makino (cabin scene).
The cabin scene in season 2 was sooooo wonderfullll.....
one of depth scene, becoz you can see the best chemistry on Jun and Mao there (beside wedding scene and pregnancy confession offcourse)....

Those cabin scene make me wonder were they just acting or it was real love? (out of topic) LOL

Anyway, in short,HYD is the bessssssstttttttttt!!!

45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/29/09
siff! HYD isnt that great to me
meteor garden more funny to me coz those guys just look more funny ahhaha
didnt meteor garden come out be4 HYD?
2210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Pinas!
Offline
Posted 1/29/09
I admit that the jap actors who played in HYD weren't that good looking.. but, i love the story!!!! so complicated and interesting (esp HYD2)... it was also better than Meteor Garden for it had its own originality in it... anyways... I LOVED HYD's story and that's why its one of my fave dramas!!!
2481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Heaven
Offline
Posted 1/29/09
Hana Yori Dango (JP) was like the first version of hana yori dango that i had seen. I wasn't into dramas that much but i was lucky to come across a few good ones.

I like the Japanese versions because they don't drag on! lol i mean they are always like 13-16 episodes mostly.

Chinese ones are looooooong and Koreans are close although much better quality.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.