First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Why do you like HYD *Japenese Version*?
3528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/16/09
i liked it because it had a faster pace of story..i find it not boring..
i think the casts & the F4 boys of JAP are more credible.. ..& JAP version is really good..
plus..matsumoto jun & oguri shun are part of it..
12693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Ikemen Paradise~
Offline
Posted 2/16/09

luv4dawave wrote:


smilelaughlove wrote:

I don't know why people like the Japenese Version.
I HATE Japenese dramas & movies.
They're just lame.
I mean what's so good about the Japenese Version of HYD?



Because Oguri Shun will always be my Hanazawa Rui <333

LOL JK....well not really, but there is much more [=

I have seen Meteor Garden and the latest of Boys Over Flowers, but to me, Hana Yori Dango will always be the best version to me.

First of all, ACTING:
Lee Min Ho does a FANTASTIC job, I have to admit. I totally fell in love with him. But he doesn't bring the same characteristics as Matsumoto Jun. Matsujun was not only this obnoxious, arrogant jerk--he was quite funny as well. He was a total mess of a character, full of mood swings, changing from one extremity to the next. In one scene, when he finds out that Rui kissed Makino in the hospital, you could see mixed emotions as he laughed and cracked jokes yet tripped over the stairs at the same time. Right after this, out of nowhere, he punches Rui in the face. Domyouji is a really complicated character [even as I'm trying to describe him] and I feel like Lee Min Ho only portrays his arrogant side (and loving side to Jandi), but Matsumoto Jun is able to portray the lost person that he is, neglected by his family, though finding love for the first time.

Oguri Shun vs. Hyun Joong. Umm....I'm pretty sure I don't have to say much to this. I LOVE Hyun Joong, but he IS a first time actor. And it's unfair to put him against Oguri Shun, a professional actor. I'll just say that HJ was stiff and...didn't really matter if he was there or not. Up to episode 7, he got better, but he just doesn't bring the same emotions as Oguri Shun. When I watched Hana Yori Dango, I cried for Rui. He was so mysterious and lonely, yet he smiled. And when he played the violin...I died. When Hyun Joong played the violin...I laughed. It looked pretty fake. Oguri Shun was Hanazawa Rui. Hyunjoong? He played himself.

Goo Hye Sun isn't a bad actor, but I felt that her "weed" status did not keep up in the Korean version. I didn't feel an emphasis on her toughness. I just felt that she didn't like Go Jun Pyo. On the other hand, you could see Makino truly didn't know who she liked more. On the outside, she liked Rui, but deep inside, she kept thinking of Domyouji. Makino showed more internal conflicts than Jandi. It just seemed that Goo Hye Sun got through her role by exaggerating her emotions. Makino often seemed exaggerated too, but...it actually is the way that Japanese people talk. [You know, with the EHHH?s haha]


Secondly, CHEMISTRY.
The main part about this storyline is F4, right? Well, I didn't feel F4 in BOF. Sure, they were 4 hot guys, while the Japanese F4 may seem like 4 old thugs or whatever. At first, I saw Japanese F4, I cringed. I thought Matsumoto Jun looked like Michael Jackson. Akira [Abe] looked like he was 35 years old instead of a high schooler. But you know what? They grow on you like leeches. I fell in love with them. Their fights, their inside jokes, THE APPLE that Rui would shave. Boys Over Flower doesn't emphasize their friendship. Sure, they got their "Thanks Buddy" thing going on and everything, but you don't see the bond that Japanese F4 creates. Matsumoto Jun and Oguri Shun displayed powerful chemistry in this drama, whereas Ji Hoo and Jun Pyo just seemed to be...just friends.




Okay, I could write an essay comparing all the versions but I'm not going to. You shouldn't compare versions, or it would ruin the point of it, right? Boys over Flowers has its good points--it's quite entertaining and I love the casting of Jandi's family. All the versions are good in its own way, but if I had to pick my favorite, it would be Hana Yori Dango. Since a lot of people had said they really liked it, doesn't that prove that it's worth a chance to watch? You will see that the Korean version runs a lot of similarities to the Japanese version, but their portrayal is different. Heck, some lines are even exactly the same, but you get a different feeling.

I strongly recommend that you try it!
It has been the best drama I have ever seen, and maybe you will enjoy it too.
I think it's quite extreme to hate all Japanese dramas.
What is it there to hate about it?
I love Japanese dramas as they cut to the chase rather than Korean dramas and their draggy plots.
I disagree that they are lame.
Korean dramas focus only on love. Japanese dramas focus on love, life, family, and friendship. I find Jdramas often more deep and profound. It's a matter of opinion, but I think you should watch more Jdramas before you declare that you "hate all of them."


To put it simply, Hana Yori Dango has more depth. Sorry for my long long post [=



waaaa~ it's worth reading your post.
it's like you've read what's on my mind.
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 2/16/09
Alright! I liked the Korean ver. At least what I've seen so far, but the one who plays Akira in the korean version HAS GOT TO GO! He has terrible English and tries to sound cool, but it doesn't work.
I really do love HYD, for the comedy, the bond between F4, and Makino's family. Domyouji's mother and her secretary too. It is a good version, if not the best complete so far. It doesn't follow the manga, but the manga is a different medium. Some things on paper won't work on film. Oh and a complaint about Shizuka's Korean part. I usually like this actress, but for some reason I was really bothered about how she portrayed the role. And she kissed Rui. From my perspective, the relationship was never going to go anywhere, not even there. So the fact that put that there, makes me wonder.
How did you guys feel about the portrayal of that relationship?
Oh and Hyun-joon and Lee Minho just seemed like normal friends, nothing deeper.
And Kim Byun, I like you but too much bitter misogynist attitude. We're supposed to fall in love with your character first, not wonder if you have some deep dark history first and then dislike you for the aforementioned above?
And Ga Eul, cute girl, but there's something missing....don't know what it is...

BUT I DO LIKE the Korean version, haven't seen the taiwan though. Overall though, I do believe cross-culturally it was a bit difficult to transfer one story from one country to another, but they did well. But like I said BOF's Akira gotta go.
202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/16/09

smilelaughlove wrote:

I don't know why people like the Japenese Version.
I HATE Japenese dramas & movies.
They're just lame.
I mean what's so good about the Japenese Version of HYD?



I don't know why people are prejudiced against this version, is it because it's Japanese? Is it because die hard BoF fans want everyone to like the Korean version?

Secondly, if you think ALL jdramas and movies are lame and you hate it, you're wasting your time asking this question.
2143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Candyland~
Offline
Posted 2/16/09
I like this version because of all the different expression, chemistry, and how it moves nicely, not draggy or fast.
The korean version is good..but people shouldn't just watch it because the characters look "hot" or w/e.
Since you don't watch it as a drama but as a show where you get to see guys. Seriously.
3044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / lala land.
Offline
Posted 2/16/09
the actors are seriously hot and the J-version of HYD progresses at a faster rate and its SO MUCH CUTER
Posted 2/16/09 , edited 2/16/09
It's the japanese version.. it's theirs and they did a really good job!

The actors were perfect for the parts.

Especially Domyouji~ The curly hair, the face... ~
Mao.. well, she's very pretty for the role.. but cmon she did a good job!

Also, the Japanese version is short, not boring, funny, not DRAGGY--as what other people have said...

and arashi sings the theme songs (JUST kidding haha!)
32671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/16/09 , edited 2/16/09
The Japanese version has that special thing between Makino and Domyougi.
The korean one... I dunno. I love goo jin pyo.. but with jandi is like lol.
Ahahaha. Also i love the So Yi Jung and Chu Ga Eul pairing :D. I love them more than goo jun pyo and jandi lol.
Makino and Domyouji FTW!!!

I think shun's job as Rui is AWESOME. it's irreplaceable :D. Hyung joong is still a beginning actor so props for him for trying :D.
599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Iceland
Offline
Posted 2/16/09
i like the japanese dramas and movies because they make good dramas and movies and i love the language!
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/17/09
Because the drama have good plots that flows perfectly with the characters and stories.
Posted 2/17/09
how many more threads do we need for this drama
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In front of my co...
Offline
Posted 2/17/09

luv4dawave wrote:


smilelaughlove wrote:

I don't know why people like the Japenese Version.
I HATE Japenese dramas & movies.
They're just lame.
I mean what's so good about the Japenese Version of HYD?



Because Oguri Shun will always be my Hanazawa Rui <333

LOL JK....well not really, but there is much more [=

I have seen Meteor Garden and the latest of Boys Over Flowers, but to me, Hana Yori Dango will always be the best version to me.

First of all, ACTING:
Lee Min Ho does a FANTASTIC job, I have to admit. I totally fell in love with him. But he doesn't bring the same characteristics as Matsumoto Jun. Matsujun was not only this obnoxious, arrogant jerk--he was quite funny as well. He was a total mess of a character, full of mood swings, changing from one extremity to the next. In one scene, when he finds out that Rui kissed Makino in the hospital, you could see mixed emotions as he laughed and cracked jokes yet tripped over the stairs at the same time. Right after this, out of nowhere, he punches Rui in the face. Domyouji is a really complicated character [even as I'm trying to describe him] and I feel like Lee Min Ho only portrays his arrogant side (and loving side to Jandi), but Matsumoto Jun is able to portray the lost person that he is, neglected by his family, though finding love for the first time.

Oguri Shun vs. Hyun Joong. Umm....I'm pretty sure I don't have to say much to this. I LOVE Hyun Joong, but he IS a first time actor. And it's unfair to put him against Oguri Shun, a professional actor. I'll just say that HJ was stiff and...didn't really matter if he was there or not. Up to episode 7, he got better, but he just doesn't bring the same emotions as Oguri Shun. When I watched Hana Yori Dango, I cried for Rui. He was so mysterious and lonely, yet he smiled. And when he played the violin...I died. When Hyun Joong played the violin...I laughed. It looked pretty fake. Oguri Shun was Hanazawa Rui. Hyunjoong? He played himself.

Goo Hye Sun isn't a bad actor, but I felt that her "weed" status did not keep up in the Korean version. I didn't feel an emphasis on her toughness. I just felt that she didn't like Go Jun Pyo. On the other hand, you could see Makino truly didn't know who she liked more. On the outside, she liked Rui, but deep inside, she kept thinking of Domyouji. Makino showed more internal conflicts than Jandi. It just seemed that Goo Hye Sun got through her role by exaggerating her emotions. Makino often seemed exaggerated too, but...it actually is the way that Japanese people talk. [You know, with the EHHH?s haha]


Secondly, CHEMISTRY.
The main part about this storyline is F4, right? Well, I didn't feel F4 in BOF. Sure, they were 4 hot guys, while the Japanese F4 may seem like 4 old thugs or whatever. At first, I saw Japanese F4, I cringed. I thought Matsumoto Jun looked like Michael Jackson. Akira [Abe] looked like he was 35 years old instead of a high schooler. But you know what? They grow on you like leeches. I fell in love with them. Their fights, their inside jokes, THE APPLE that Rui would shave. Boys Over Flower doesn't emphasize their friendship. Sure, they got their "Thanks Buddy" thing going on and everything, but you don't see the bond that Japanese F4 creates. Matsumoto Jun and Oguri Shun displayed powerful chemistry in this drama, whereas Ji Hoo and Jun Pyo just seemed to be...just friends.




Okay, I could write an essay comparing all the versions but I'm not going to. You shouldn't compare versions, or it would ruin the point of it, right? Boys over Flowers has its good points--it's quite entertaining and I love the casting of Jandi's family. All the versions are good in its own way, but if I had to pick my favorite, it would be Hana Yori Dango. Since a lot of people had said they really liked it, doesn't that prove that it's worth a chance to watch? You will see that the Korean version runs a lot of similarities to the Japanese version, but their portrayal is different. Heck, some lines are even exactly the same, but you get a different feeling.

I strongly recommend that you try it!
It has been the best drama I have ever seen, and maybe you will enjoy it too.
I think it's quite extreme to hate all Japanese dramas.
What is it there to hate about it?
I love Japanese dramas as they cut to the chase rather than Korean dramas and their draggy plots.
I disagree that they are lame.
Korean dramas focus only on love. Japanese dramas focus on love, life, family, and friendship. I find Jdramas often more deep and profound. It's a matter of opinion, but I think you should watch more Jdramas before you declare that you "hate all of them."


To put it simply, Hana Yori Dango has more depth. Sorry for my long long post [=


I think that pretty much covers everything...

Another reason I love Hana Yori Dango was because the writers managed to come up with their own story that follows the general plot of the manga. I think that they kept the best scenes from the manga (ex. Canada, deserted on the island, amnesia,etc.) and added on extra so that there would be a sense of completness when the movie was over (I didn't really like how the manga ended anyways).

Does that make sense?
11416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In Florida. [Wish...
Offline
Posted 2/17/09
I love the Japanese version of HYD.
Honestly, I've never watched any other drama other than a Japanese one. XD

In my opinion, I think the Japanese language is more appealing than any other Asian language. Except for Tagalog. XD
I also think the actors are better than other actors.
The storyline is also very good.

I love the Japanese HYD version. XD
Posted 2/17/09



Could You PM About The Ending Of HYD In The Manga,
Cause I Can't Be Bothered To Buy The Manga.
It Would Be Much Appreciated.

Posted 2/17/09
I've Only Seen HYD - JVersion, (& LOVE IT)
Mainly Because It Got The Point, In Just A Few Episodes.

&...I Just Don't Want To Watch The Other Two Versions Of It,
Because There's Like 20+ Episodes.
& I just Can't Be Bothered.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.