First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Crunchy roll rips
7354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 2/2/09
all u can do is take a deep breath ...hold it ...and breath out .....let it go bro.....thats all we can do ......
Posted 2/2/09

sunflower33 wrote:

We can do something. We as fans can speak up against it. Anywhere we talk we can promote the purchase of legal versions of anime and praise those who do, and shun those who don't. We can tell those who are stealing just what harm they're doing by their actions. They want to feel cool and feel like heroes. If they were treated as villains it would slow down or stop. Some people will always act like self-entitled brats, but we can always help control it by how we respond. If the fans circles treat those who are stealing negatively, fewer people will do it.

Frankly, I despise anyone who steals someone's work and distributes it. I despised CR when they did it. But they've turned over a new leaf and now I fully support them and the companies in this with them, not just by buying from them, but by talking up buying from them and talking down stealing.

So yeah, we can make a difference.

Just wanted to point out that all illegal contents on CR were user-uploaded contents submitted by the CR users themselves, while CR was only operating as a host for its users. CR was only an OSP that was providing an online vider streaming service, and it never broke any law via copyright infringement, in accordance to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title II, The Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act, aka section 512.
Posted 2/2/09
There's not a lot you can do... I must admit, it is quite annoying. But meh. akunamatata.
Posted 2/2/09

kamaat wrote:

yes CR linked illegal subs before. There was no way to get them legal, and now there is so ppl should support it and the creators so this can go farther. the region thing sucks but crunchy is working on it. The more ppl that support it the easier it will be for CR to have a good case to be allowed to show it in other regions. If you pay for your membership and can't watch it in your region so you go to horribles CR rips, that's cool your still supporting to movement. if your poor that sucks, but if your just cheap stop being a dick and support the movement or just stop watching.

I still watch illegal subs of anime i can't get here simply because there's no other way to get it. I hate dubs so i wouldn't buy that to watch, if i was rich enough to afford them i would just pick them up to support the creators.

all i'm saying is CR memberships is a easy way to show the creators we appreciate there creations and that will lead to us being able to watch more and more stuff.


Actually, CR did went out of their way to obtain legally licensed content onto CR before the 2009 changes were made:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2008-03-21/crunchyroll-announces-content-partnership-program
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-10-27/toei-animation-adds-anime-to-crunchyroll-website-today
Posted 2/2/09 , edited 2/4/09
People who are anime member on CR or/and buying anime dvds are sending positive feedback to the Japanese anime companies. What each of us do through our action effects one another along with the anime industry in our country and in Japan in how anime are produced and distributed worldwide. Without people being an anime member or/and buying anime dvds mean less anime will be produced in the years to come. The future of anime is in the palm of your hand.

Posted 2/2/09 , edited 2/2/09
Anime is simply too costly.

DVDs of western animation (like Samurai Jack) have two discs and twelve episodes for the same price as a single anime DVD with only four episodes.

So until anime DVDs start having 6 eps per disc, with two discs per volume (yes, that would be a lot of series with single volumes) the only legit discs in my collection will be my Evangelion box set.


But aside from that sort of offtopic nonsense, Crunchyroll could probably disable the ability to "create your own subtitle track" for anime that have been officially subtitled.
Then people would have to write down the subtitles and figure out their own timings.

EDIT: Looks like they already did that, proves how much attention I pay to cr anymore.
Posted 2/2/09

kukutz1993 wrote:


kamaat wrote:

you guys going to do anything about those guys that are riping the episodes and subs from this site. What dicks, the have the chance to pay and support the creators of these great animes plus get subs the day of japanese release, and they fucking steal the shit while ppl are trying to move the system forward. which would give use more anime subs and same day high quality releases. morons hindering what can be.


Dude Chill ur ass CR has been doing the same thing before it went "legal" your just mad cuz you paid for the anime membership and found out you can get it free same time same quolity


Lol I can see your point, totally. But then I have to agree that it's really quite unfair to the star members, they paid for all these animes to be up here. Anyway I'm in one of the blocked regions, the star member is a gift though.
Posted 2/2/09



LOL thats all i got to say
538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/2/09
It's internet... u can't do shit about it!
Posted 2/2/09

MisterH wrote:

Anime is simply too costly.

DVDs of western animation (like Samurai Jack) have two discs and twelve episodes for the same price as a single anime DVD with only four episodes.

So until anime DVDs start having 6 eps per disc, with two discs per volume (yes, that would be a lot of series with single volumes) the only legit discs in my collection will be my Evangelion box set.



But aside from that sort of offtopic nonsense, Crunchyroll could probably disable the ability to "create your own subtitle track" for anime that have been officially subtitled.
Then people would have to write down the subtitles and figure out their own timings.

EDIT: Looks like they already did that, proves how much attention I pay to cr anymore.

But the R2 anime DVD medias sold in Japan cost twice as much as the R1 North American DVD medias of the same series, and only contain half as much as episodes per disc, despise the fact that they're made in their country of origin. That's also not counting on the English localization process on domestic Japanese medias, which comes as a standard on all international licensed North American anime medias.

The fact is, both the Japanese anime industry and the international anime licensing companies might not even be releasing anime medias due to a saturated international market on illegitimate fansubs. If this continues then the Japanese anime industry won't even bother be putting anime on CR. They're already abandoning the prime time TV time slots for airing anime series, in favor for a cheaper time period with lower ratings. This can only decrease their potential sponsorship due to lack of audiences.
Anyien 
70012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

sunflower33 wrote:

We can do something. We as fans can speak up against it. Anywhere we talk we can promote the purchase of legal versions of anime and praise those who do, and shun those who don't. We can tell those who are stealing just what harm they're doing by their actions.


And what harm is that?

Do you really think they would have bought it if they couldn't get fansubs? They would just not look at Anime at all nothing more.

Most people look at fansubs to see if they like a show or not, and most of those who do actually buy the DVD(s) if they like them, they would probably never have thought about buying if they couldn't find out if they would like it or not.

So in reality the companies actually earn more than they lose.


sunflower33 wrote:

They want to feel cool and feel like heroes.


If you are thinking about the fansubbers then they do it because they want people who don´t have the luxury of Anime to actually be able to enjoy it. They don´t do it to be called heroes but to spread Anime to places where it would never have reached because of the companies policies.


sunflower33 wrote:

If they were treated as villains it would slow down or stop. Some people will always act like self-entitled brats, but we can always help control it by how we respond. If the fans circles treat those who are stealing negatively, fewer people will do it.


And you really believe that?

They would just ignore those who treated them like that and only focus on helping those who actually appreciate them.

And those people far outnumber people like you.


sunflower33 wrote:

Frankly, I despise anyone who steals someone's work and distributes it. I despised CR when they did it. But they've turned over a new leaf and now I fully support them and the companies in this with them, not just by buying from them, but by talking up buying from them and talking down stealing.

So yeah, we can make a difference.


Well, you can talk and talk and talk as much as you like, but that doesn't mean that people will start to buy and stop looking at fansubs. Most people find that kind of talk just stupid and annoying and would ignore it.

Basically, we are powerless, we can recommend people to buy but we have no power over their choices to buy or not.


DomFortress wrote:

The fact is, both the Japanese anime industry and the international anime licensing companies might not even be releasing anime medias due to a saturated international market on illegitimate fansubs.


Then maybe they should look at the signs they get and take action accordantly to the situation we have. If people prefer to watch Anime online then the best solution would be to make a streaming site where all companies uploads their shows so people could see them for a small fee (smaller than CR of course).

And at the same time give them the options to buy the shows they like either to download directly to their PC or by buying a DVD box. This would reduce the price on Anime and make it more lucrative for fans to buy them.


DomFortress wrote:

This can only decrease their potential sponsorship due to lack of audiences.


And they don´t get more audience by uploading them to CR and refuse to let everyone except a few chose one to see the shows with their region locks.......

If they really want more audience then the first big step to get it would be to remove the region lock on all shows and let everyone see them.

This would also make more and more people want to subscribe for a premium membership to show their interest and get more shows.

And even more people would just sign up for a basic membership and show their interest that way. The biggest thing that stands in the companies way right now is their own region lock.

If they don´t get rid if that they will never see how popular their decision really is among the fans.
11805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Sιиgαρσяε
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
haiz
6969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The nation of Dai...
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
umm when i first read this title i thought it was crunchyroll rest in peace !!!!!
sorry about that >__<
Posted 2/3/09

Anyien wrote:



Most people look at fansubs to see if they like a show or not, and most of those who do actually buy the DVD(s) if they like them, they would probably never have thought about buying if they couldn't find out if they would like it or not.

So in reality the companies actually earn more than they lose.


they do it because they want people who don´t have the luxury of Anime to actually be able to enjoy it. They don´t do it to be called heroes but to spread Anime to places where it would never have reached because of the companies policies.

Where's your proofs to back up your statement? What's the rational reasoning that you can show us that your opinions are actually based on fact, and not just some bias skepticism that you're misleading your audiences with your pessimistic attitude?

If the internet fansub groups are only doing both the fans and the industry a service by using illegitimate fansubs as a form of preview, or so you claimed, then why they do so while disrespecting the anime creators consents by violating their rights on copyrighted & licensed intellectual properties? Furthermore, they altered the contents of anime by adding subtitles that weren't there in the first place, while did a terrible job at localization due to improper use of the English language, and released not just a few episodes, but instead the entire series while only displaying their internet handles in flashy text, they never bothered to subtitle the names of those animators at the credits, but only crediting themselves. Now is that what they meant by helping us, or just themselves because they felt entitled of elevating their "Robin Hood" status among themselves like some sort of silly competition using stolen goods, even though they were suppose to be fans like us, and should be supporting the anime industry and not steal from them?


They would just ignore those who treated them like that and only focus on helping those who actually appreciate them.

And those people far outnumber people like you.


Basically, we are powerless,

So what's your reasoning for us anime fans, who support the anime industry with our contributions, to listen to the words of those who are ignorant to the dire pleads of the industry, and are powerless to even stop on their own not because they can't, but just because they don't care?

We of the anime fans who have the power to support the anime industry all share the same voice, their pleads are also our pleads, so why should the internet fansub groups ignore our voice, even though they claimed to be doing what they do "by fans for fans"? Aren't we all the same fans of anime subculture? And if not, then just what are they?


And even more people would just sign up for a basic membership and show their interest that way. The biggest thing that stands in the companies way right now is their own region lock.

Now do tell, do you know why the reason behind the region locking, thus not making the argument only one-sided? If you can't, then allow me to give you a hand: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-431867/An-In-Depth-Explanation-Solution-On-Regional-Limitation.html?src=topbar

And finally, when I said this:

DomFortress wrote:

This can only decrease their potential sponsorship due to lack of audiences.

What I meant is a lack of interest from potential anime production sponsors like toys, music, and even game industry. By not broadcasting anime during the prime time schedules, these sponsors won't be able to appeal to their target audiences of special interest with the anime series that they endorsed. This will only trigger a vicious negative cycle, where the end result will be the death of Japanese anime production and studios as we know it.
Posted 2/4/09 , edited 2/4/09

DomFortress wrote:
That's also not counting on the English localization process on domestic Japanese medias, which comes as a standard on all international licensed North American anime medias.


I'd love to know the reason why licensors don't do a trial, and produce a few thousand DVDs without the dub track and with a cheaper price tag for the popular titles, starting with ones which have profited more than the license was worth already.

Success = produce two versions of volumes.
Failure = don't.
Continuous success = make dubs the less prominent version.

If I ever got around to paying for Bleach, I sure as heck wouldn't want to pay for dubbing I'd never want. Of course, this might prove a success with the less casual anime fans, and the profits made (which I doubt would be much anyway) from forcing dub tracks onto people like me would wither away.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.