First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Have you ever walked into a store and forced the salesman to give a discount?
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/31/09
I just walked into a computer store today, saw a really good wireless router I wanted, but it was expensive. £80 for a wireless router, Gah. However after an hour of talking to the salesman, I got it for £45. Was really happy.

Have you ever walked in and got yourself a discount? Most people don't know it, but you can walk into some brand name stores and haggle the price and sometimes get things cheaper than priced.

Sorry if duplicate.
Posted 1/31/09 , edited 1/31/09
what do you mean sorry if duplicate? Lolz

I think ur safe...
Posted 1/31/09
No. That would be rly embarrassing. T__T.
I bring enough money if I want to buy something.
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/31/09 , edited 1/31/09
I'll be honest, I never searched for the thread. However, it doesn't seem like a thread anyone else would have made, so I took the risk of not searching. Added the "sorry if duplicate" for a little insurance. :p

Edit: I had £80, I just didn't want to spend £80. Therefore, I haggled the price down, was worth the embarrassment if I am honest.
Posted 1/31/09
meh just go to china you'll be amazed how they're doing it >__>
28434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Lee Min Ho's mansion
Offline
Posted 1/31/09
whoa!
im the second..hihih...

i haven't tried...

you give an idea..
maybe I'll try to do it..
whew!
24918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/31/09 , edited 1/31/09
yes
it feels like cheating lol
1243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 1/31/09
here it s not even worth trying
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/31/09
It is worth trying, you'd be surprised how salesman are willing to haggle the price if you're willing to pay by cash.
Posted 1/31/09

gregregreg wrote:

It is worth trying, you'd be surprised how salesman are willing to haggle the price if you're willing to pay by cash.


lol yeah especially when you're saying it's to much and i've saw in other shops for a cheaper price and walk away i'm sure they'll shout wait come back and will give you a another price :3
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/31/09
Yeah, money makes the world turn. If you deny these people money they panic and come to your level.
Posted 1/31/09

Baka-Master wrote:


gregregreg wrote:

It is worth trying, you'd be surprised how salesman are willing to haggle the price if you're willing to pay by cash.


lol yeah especially when you're saying it's to much and i've saw in other shops for a cheaper price and walk away i'm sure they'll shout wait come back and will give you a another price :3


Really?

I'm too shy to even walk up to salespeople.
I always get my best friend to do it for me. xD

6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/31/09
That's the mentality of a lot of people though. Loads of people don't know it's ok to haggle prices, but I think it's something everyone should try once.
Posted 1/31/09

Cuia wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


gregregreg wrote:

It is worth trying, you'd be surprised how salesman are willing to haggle the price if you're willing to pay by cash.


lol yeah especially when you're saying it's to much and i've saw in other shops for a cheaper price and walk away i'm sure they'll shout wait come back and will give you a another price :3


Really?

I'm too shy to even walk up to salespeople.
I always get my best friend to do it for me. xD



whaha that's something what they're always doing with me >_> you're abusing your friends XP
Posted 1/31/09

Baka-Master wrote:


Cuia wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


gregregreg wrote:

It is worth trying, you'd be surprised how salesman are willing to haggle the price if you're willing to pay by cash.


lol yeah especially when you're saying it's to much and i've saw in other shops for a cheaper price and walk away i'm sure they'll shout wait come back and will give you a another price :3


Really?

I'm too shy to even walk up to salespeople.
I always get my best friend to do it for me. xD



whaha that's something what they're always doing with me >_> you're abusing your friends XP


I can't help it. -_-
I always thought that businesspeople were scary for some reason...

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.