First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
SC- Possibly being licensed
Member
19698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/2/09
i hope they'll license SC! after the season ended... like jigoku shoujo n ouran highschool...

n yea, i disagree with dubbing. they rarely hav good ones. especially animax.... they suxx

best dubbers so far i've seen r only koreans... when i went to seoul n watch n anime in my hotel room's TV they really put their hearts on dubbing the characters [lyk mermaid melody.] you can hardly differentiate them with the real japanese dubbers. i swear
Member
46564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/09
If they do a very very very bad dub for TADASE, I will NEVER watch it on TV!!! *pout* ......but if FUNimation dubs it, I think it will be alright. Since they totally impressed me with their dubs of Detective Conan. ......same goes for Amu.
Member
24468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/09

Kyuukichan wrote:

4Kids isn't dubbing anymore anime except for franchises they already have the rights to


That's surprising. I'm glad it's all ended... ^_^
Posted 2/2/09
I think they are gonna cut out a LOT of scenes!
and mostly amuto, cuz of the age difference,
"it will give a weird idea of a relation"
and the skirt scene probably won't stay either...

I'm also not a huge fan of dubs,
japanese anime wins hands down!
Member
639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Liverpool
Offline
Posted 2/2/09

Kyuukichan wrote:


TheHappyPenguin wrote:

"my guardian characters" sounds like a bad sitcom
"dream eggs" is just stupid
dubs are bad for all commited anime fans.

how are dubs bad?

if it wasn't for dubs we'd have far less anime coming out as in Japan the anime boom ended in the late 80's/early 90's. since then the Japanese anime industry has been relying on foreign licensing to make roughly 1/3 of their profits and remain releasing anime at a steady pace without going into the red doing so. statistically dubs sell better than sub-only releases because casual fans sometimes don't want to take the time to read plus these days most dubs are at least on par with the Japanese voice work.

if they didn't dub anime then they'd sell less here, which would mean they'd license less titles, which would mean that the Japanese studios would make less money. if they make less money then they can't make as much anime and prolonged series (like Shugo Chara) my just get dropped completely or wind up with a crappy rushed ending. you'd also see less quality in future anime titles because they'd be working with a smaller budget.

so, even if you yourself aren't a fan of dubs that still means dubs are not bad for all anime fans since dubs ensure the state of the Japanese anime industry. not to mention most DVDs are uncut and offer subs as well as dubs... meaning if you don't want to watch the dub you can still watch the sub on legit DVDs.



I never liked you....I mean, dubs are like, weird and stuff. The dubbers or whatev have to watch it first, or else they wouldn't understand it!!! It's like, you want to be a dubber
62104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/09

starraline wrote:


Kyuukichan wrote:


TheHappyPenguin wrote:

"my guardian characters" sounds like a bad sitcom
"dream eggs" is just stupid
dubs are bad for all commited anime fans.

how are dubs bad?

if it wasn't for dubs we'd have far less anime coming out as in Japan the anime boom ended in the late 80's/early 90's. since then the Japanese anime industry has been relying on foreign licensing to make roughly 1/3 of their profits and remain releasing anime at a steady pace without going into the red doing so. statistically dubs sell better than sub-only releases because casual fans sometimes don't want to take the time to read plus these days most dubs are at least on par with the Japanese voice work.

if they didn't dub anime then they'd sell less here, which would mean they'd license less titles, which would mean that the Japanese studios would make less money. if they make less money then they can't make as much anime and prolonged series (like Shugo Chara) my just get dropped completely or wind up with a crappy rushed ending. you'd also see less quality in future anime titles because they'd be working with a smaller budget.

so, even if you yourself aren't a fan of dubs that still means dubs are not bad for all anime fans since dubs ensure the state of the Japanese anime industry. not to mention most DVDs are uncut and offer subs as well as dubs... meaning if you don't want to watch the dub you can still watch the sub on legit DVDs.



I never liked you....I mean, dubs are like, weird and stuff. The dubbers or whatev have to watch it first, or else they wouldn't understand it!!! It's like, you want to be a dubber
I simply understand how things work, partially because of how long I've been a fan and partially because I tend to do a lot of research into things I like. I honestly do not find dubs weird, especially dubs made since the mid 90's when dub quality took a huge turn for the better. also, while knowledge of the source material is a plus it's not necessary when dubbing since they're reading lines and watching what goes on as they work on fitting the lines to the flaps. they can also read their script to know what's going to happen and how to do their role. remember, dubbing is about voice acting, not mimicking another's role.
Member
30520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/09

Quarkboy wrote:

People, calm down.

NATPE is a licensing convention. All this means is that TV Tokyo is LOOKING for someone to license it. This does not mean it is licensed AT ALL.

In the current market, in fact, the chances of this show being licensed are almost zero.


i know, right? =.= ppl are going ballistic
61729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
I thought this anime would get licensed eventually... considering how popular it is. But I highly doubt they will remove it in crunchyroll, since licensed animes with the permission of the company can be viewed here. So most likely, they will make it exclusively for crunchyroll users only.
62104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
consider the fact that in order to legally stream it here Crunchyroll had to make a contract with TV Tokyo. that contract allows them to legally stream it here and will still be binding even if TV Tokyo licenses it to an American company. the only reason Crunchyroll would have to take it down if a company licensed it would be if their contract with TV Tokyo had a clause that said they had to take it down if it got licensed.
Member
19300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / California
Offline
Posted 2/3/09 , edited 2/3/09
Cool! It's really gonna be liscensed? Awesome! Now I can buy all the DVD's ^-^ it doesn't matter how badly it's dubbed cuz I always use the japanese language/english subs option on my anime DVD's =)

oh yea, but if scenes are cut-out, then that does matter
62104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
it's not licensed yet. the only thing we have is indication TV Tokyo is advertising it in hopes it gets licensed.
Moderator
16972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
I doubt it. =]
Even though it is going to get dubbed, I really don't think it'll get licensed. After all, CR already got permission to stream it. ^_^
Member
24845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
oh no!! well i'm gonna buy it anyways because i want to OWN the episodes but the voice actors better not suck! they better find a good one for Amu and Ikuto especially! i hope Pioneer (did a good job on Cardcaptor Sakura movie and Sailor Moon) or ADV
Member
30520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

Adriana13 wrote:

I doubt it. =]
Even though it is going to get dubbed, I really don't think it'll get licensed. After all, CR already got permission to stream it. ^_^

Yeah, but they dub stuff after it's over in Japan. =D
Member
30520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
The other good thing- if the dub becomes popular here, the merchandise might come here, for example the DS games!~
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.