First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
SC- Possibly being licensed
Moderator
16972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

Karin55 wrote:

The other good thing- if the dub becomes popular here, the merchandise might come here, for example the DS games!~


Oh yeaahh!~ And those cute little character and AMUTO plushies That would be sooo coolz ^^ I want Shugo Chara bed sheets lol XD
Posted 2/3/09

Kyuukichan wrote:

consider the fact that in order to legally stream it here Crunchyroll had to make a contract with TV Tokyo. that contract allows them to legally stream it here and will still be binding even if TV Tokyo licenses it to an American company. the only reason Crunchyroll would have to take it down if a company licensed it would be if their contract with TV Tokyo had a clause that said they had to take it down if it got licensed.


You really ARE annoying...>_>;; Well, who cares if it gets liscensed? Can always watch youtube or other site, it's not like crunchyroll is the only one...I'll probably buy the DVD...Or the plushie...OMG, i don't have plushies in my room!! -ashamed for no plushie or teddy bears- >.< I'M GONNA BUY LOADS OF IKUTO'S!!! >D
Member
45898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Omggggg Stalker A...
Offline
Posted 2/3/09 , edited 2/3/09

Adriana13 wrote:


Karin55 wrote:

The other good thing- if the dub becomes popular here, the merchandise might come here, for example the DS games!~


Oh yeaahh!~ And those cute little character and AMUTO plushies That would be sooo coolz ^^ I want Shugo Chara bed sheets lol XD


i would take the bookbag for school, makes me feel happy when i go to the land known as "school" isnt it suppost to called "hell"?(anime makes me happy and yes im in 6th grade but half the kids in my class luv anime)
62104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

Natsuya801923 wrote:

oh no!! well i'm gonna buy it anyways because i want to OWN the episodes but the voice actors better not suck! they better find a good one for Amu and Ikuto especially! i hope Pioneer (did a good job on Cardcaptor Sakura movie and Sailor Moon) or ADV

Pioneer won't dub it. Pioneer became Geneon USA which is currently only working as a middleman company, licensing titles then making deals with other companies (so far only FUNimation, tho) where those companies are responsible for getting the series translated, then getting the DVDs made and sold.

personally I think any company that can work with Bang! Zoom should get it. altho in all seriousness I can't think of any anime licensing company that's still actively licensing and releasing stuff right now that would do a terrible job at it. Bandai's US branch has done some wonderful work, as has ADV, Viz, and FUNimation. Media Blasters also has done some good stuff and I could see them picking this up (after all, they've released magical girl stuff before). the only thing I could see going wrong is if Viz got it and then decided it wasn't getting the sales it should get and then canceling future releases.
Moderator
16972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

pokegirl21 wrote:


Adriana13 wrote:


Karin55 wrote:

The other good thing- if the dub becomes popular here, the merchandise might come here, for example the DS games!~


Oh yeaahh!~ And those cute little character and AMUTO plushies That would be sooo coolz ^^ I want Shugo Chara bed sheets lol XD


i would take the bookbag for school, makes me feel happy when i go to the land known as "school" isnt it suppost to called "hell"?(anime makes me happy and yes im in 6th grade but half the kids in my class luv anime)


Haha lol not a bad idea. =]
I would probably do the same XP
I'm in 8th...but hey, I know 30 year olds that like anime ^-^


62104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

hotarusim989 wrote:


Kyuukichan wrote:

consider the fact that in order to legally stream it here Crunchyroll had to make a contract with TV Tokyo. that contract allows them to legally stream it here and will still be binding even if TV Tokyo licenses it to an American company. the only reason Crunchyroll would have to take it down if a company licensed it would be if their contract with TV Tokyo had a clause that said they had to take it down if it got licensed.


You really ARE annoying...>_>;; Well, who cares if it gets liscensed? Can always watch youtube or other site, it's not like crunchyroll is the only one...I'll probably buy the DVD...Or the plushie...OMG, i don't have plushies in my room!! -ashamed for no plushie or teddy bears- >.< I'M GONNA BUY LOADS OF IKUTO'S!!! >D
what I was saying was even if it does get licensed Crunchyroll will more than likely still stream it because they have a contract with TV Tokyo allowing them to stream it. so who cares who else streams it.

Member
6898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / U.S.A
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
Hm...so when an anime is liscened it means its going to put dubbed in english or something? Cool, I'm gonna but it also! I hope funimation does it, and I hope they can keep the title shugo chara -.-
Let me know if they actually do do it, I'll be sure to watch it and stuff! Lol.
Member
8148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / California, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
I don't mind them english dubbing it, but I'm afraid for Yoru and Ikuto! They both have such awesome voices in the Japanese dub (they were both done by two of my favorite Japanese voice actors) and if they move over to English I'm afraid of what their voices may sound like! T^T
I hope the Funimation or Bandai Entertainment gets the show because they both totally rock at dubbing! (especiall Bandai Ent.)
Member
11356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
Boohoo.
Member
18419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
Hmm.....most of the animes that get dubbed usually turn out horrible...take Ouran High School Host Club for example....its usually because the voices are so different from the Japanese ones, that they sound horrible. :/ So if it really gets dubbed, they better have good voices and try not to change anything else, (like the character's names) or I think the dubbing will really go wrong.
Member
18419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

Adriana13 wrote:


Karin55 wrote:

The other good thing- if the dub becomes popular here, the merchandise might come here, for example the DS games!~


Oh yeaahh!~ And those cute little character and AMUTO plushies That would be sooo coolz ^^ I want Shugo Chara bed sheets lol XD


Yeah that would be awesome!! There should be more stuff from Japan, besides the usual Naruto and such.
Member
18419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

Kyuukichan wrote:


hotarusim989 wrote:


Kyuukichan wrote:

consider the fact that in order to legally stream it here Crunchyroll had to make a contract with TV Tokyo. that contract allows them to legally stream it here and will still be binding even if TV Tokyo licenses it to an American company. the only reason Crunchyroll would have to take it down if a company licensed it would be if their contract with TV Tokyo had a clause that said they had to take it down if it got licensed.


You really ARE annoying...>_>;; Well, who cares if it gets liscensed? Can always watch youtube or other site, it's not like crunchyroll is the only one...I'll probably buy the DVD...Or the plushie...OMG, i don't have plushies in my room!! -ashamed for no plushie or teddy bears- >.< I'M GONNA BUY LOADS OF IKUTO'S!!! >D
what I was saying was even if it does get licensed Crunchyroll will more than likely still stream it because they have a contract with TV Tokyo allowing them to stream it. so who cares who else streams it.



.....do you do a lot of research on every single thing?
Moderator
16972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/4/09

narutofan110 wrote:


Adriana13 wrote:


Karin55 wrote:

The other good thing- if the dub becomes popular here, the merchandise might come here, for example the DS games!~


Oh yeaahh!~ And those cute little character and AMUTO plushies That would be sooo coolz ^^ I want Shugo Chara bed sheets lol XD


Yeah that would be awesome!! There should be more stuff from Japan, besides the usual Naruto and such.


Lol yeah XD I mean, Naruto is a good show and all, but a bit overrated >.<

Member
24661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/4/09
Look on the bright side,it's NOT going to be dubbed by 4kids
Lol of it was gonna be dub by 4kids.I bet Amu's new name is going to be
Amy.Ikuto will get some 30 year old guy voice.Ran will be Pinky.Miki is
probably Blue and Suu is...idk Cake?Tadase voice is probably old and out
of character.
I bet they'll take away all Amuto/Tadamu or any love moment
62104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 2/4/09

narutofan110 wrote:


Kyuukichan wrote:


hotarusim989 wrote:


Kyuukichan wrote:

consider the fact that in order to legally stream it here Crunchyroll had to make a contract with TV Tokyo. that contract allows them to legally stream it here and will still be binding even if TV Tokyo licenses it to an American company. the only reason Crunchyroll would have to take it down if a company licensed it would be if their contract with TV Tokyo had a clause that said they had to take it down if it got licensed.


You really ARE annoying...>_>;; Well, who cares if it gets liscensed? Can always watch youtube or other site, it's not like crunchyroll is the only one...I'll probably buy the DVD...Or the plushie...OMG, i don't have plushies in my room!! -ashamed for no plushie or teddy bears- >.< I'M GONNA BUY LOADS OF IKUTO'S!!! >D
what I was saying was even if it does get licensed Crunchyroll will more than likely still stream it because they have a contract with TV Tokyo allowing them to stream it. so who cares who else streams it.



.....do you do a lot of research on every single thing?

not every single thing, but into stuff that relates to my interests. I've got to keep myself occupied somehow, after all, as I can't be physically active or work more than part time because of my physical disability.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.