First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Shida Mirai take 1 step out of Japan to Hollywood!!!
1172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / vietnam
Offline
Posted 2/1/09 , edited 7/15/09
edit with whole translation:


Last month, the Japanese movie "Nobody to Watch Over Me" with Shida Mirai (15) in the starring role was screened at the 24th Santa-Barbara International Film Festival. For that reason Shida herself attended the film festival as well, the first ever in her career. Right before going on stage she was so nervous that she even began to try, but she still was able to hold an impressive speech with a few English sentences later on. She also received a lot of praises from the organizers of the film festival who said that she's a likely candidate for an Academy Award in the future.

Santa Barbara is located at the coastline of California in America. Shida Mirai and director Kimizuka came to the "Metro 4 Theater" for the greeting event on January 30. Dressed in a kimono Shida introduced herself and the character and said, "Thank you for coming and enjoy the film", in quite a fluent way.

A few days ago she already attended another even for the first screening of the movie, but right before her speech she was so nervous that she started to cry. During the actual performance she was at a loss of words again and shed tears afterwards when leaving the theater. However, on the 30th she did just fine. "I was 100times more nervous than during the actual filming. I'm not really good at English and I had huge blockade during my first speech. Now I'm relieved and hungry."

Shida plays a young girl whose older brother gets suspected of murder and through her eyes, we get a glimpse into the vulnerability, the isolation and even the resilience of the individual when up against a volatile and often intolerant world. After the screening the audience asked her for handshakes and autographes. "It's not like in Japan. Americans aren't as formal." She also brought along 5 packages of Japanese-style meat and her beloved tuna from Japan. "The tuna sandwich you can get here is really delicious. I've already went to buy souvenirs for 11 of my friends, but I still have to buy more." Recently Shida passed her high-school exam and is currently relaxing to her fullest.

The movie was introduced in the "EASTxWEST" category and Shida received a great deal of praise from the director of the film festival. "She is able to express feelings and emotions beyond the level of a 15-years-old." Los Angeles is only 2hours away from Santa Barbara by car. It's the place of the Academy Awards in February and at the festival they can already see her holding an Oscar in her own hands someday. "Mirai is the future, she's having enough talent to get nominated."

Shida herself doesn't really aim for an Oscar and rather wants to put her energy into the work that's right in front of her eyes. "I'm not really that familiar with the Academy Awards. I just want to do my best in Japan."

Written by: jyoyu.blogspot.com

Her english accent was pretty good for a japanese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xutb9BZ-NSU&feature=channel_page

this news was featured in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JUr97HoETY&feature=channel

112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / the land of lincoln
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
i don't know her, but good for her
2745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / evergreen state
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
yeah..im really proud of her!
i love shida mirai!!
go! go! go!
just like maki who has a new american-japan movie with a american director!!
1172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / vietnam
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

makihorikitty_eunhyepooh22_16 wrote:

yeah..im really proud of her!
i love shida mirai!!
go! go! go!
just like maki who has a new american-japan movie with a american director!!


This is so great. Even greater than the news maki has america-japan movie.
4011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Usa, California
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
oh wow! i love this girl!
she's very talented and she's so kawaii!!!
2745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / evergreen state
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

nguyenphuongngocha wrote:


makihorikitty_eunhyepooh22_16 wrote:

yeah..im really proud of her!
i love shida mirai!!
go! go! go!
just like maki who has a new american-japan movie with a american director!!


This is so great. Even greater than the news maki has america-japan movie.


no..i think maki's american-japan movie is even more greater..

but, im still proud bcoz shida has been soo popular these days..
3405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / non of ur business
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
i knew she's very talented....
omedeto shida san...
1172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / vietnam
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

makihorikitty_eunhyepooh22_16 wrote:


nguyenphuongngocha wrote:


makihorikitty_eunhyepooh22_16 wrote:

yeah..im really proud of her!
i love shida mirai!!
go! go! go!
just like maki who has a new american-japan movie with a american director!!


This is so great. Even greater than the news maki has america-japan movie.


no..i think maki's american-japan movie is even more greater..

but, im still proud bcoz shida has been soo popular these days..


oh. I'm not against with your opinion b/c i know u're big fan of her. Not only her is japanese in that movie right?

Anywaty,their movie is still on the way so i dunt know anything yet. BUt shida mirai here alr recognised by a festival in HOLLYwood. And do u see how they praise her?
The best thing is that this is her debut movie and she's not even the lead role.
2745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / evergreen state
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

nguyenphuongngocha wrote:


makihorikitty_eunhyepooh22_16 wrote:


nguyenphuongngocha wrote:


makihorikitty_eunhyepooh22_16 wrote:

yeah..im really proud of her!
i love shida mirai!!
go! go! go!
just like maki who has a new american-japan movie with a american director!!


This is so great. Even greater than the news maki has america-japan movie.


no..i think maki's american-japan movie is even more greater..

but, im still proud bcoz shida has been soo popular these days..


oh. I'm not against with your opinion b/c i know u're big fan of her. Not only her is japanese in that movie right?

Anywaty,their movie is still on the way so i dunt know anything yet. BUt shida mirai here alr recognised by a festival in HOLLYwood. And do u see how they praise her?
The best thing is that this is her debut movie and she's not even the lead role.


yeah..
but, i just dun like ppol comparing my two fave actresses
13247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / philippines....(a...
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
love you shida!
9518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
'grats !
1209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
dont know her but good for her ^^
1172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / vietnam
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

Iizthenumber1 wrote:

dont know her but good for her ^^


u seem a fan of miura but u dunt know her? She acted with him in 14 sai no haha
1172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / vietnam
Offline
Posted 2/2/09
She had to greet there at 24 stage. In first day, She was so nervous and she was crying out before she went to the stage. But she was better later, she smiled though her english is weak.
1017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/2/09
nice nice.. good!! congrats to her!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.