Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Should there be a season 2?
Member
6464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / hell! >:D
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

Yuri256 wrote:


fansy2010 wrote:

WHO VOTED 4 NO ?!!!!


i voted for NO! ya got a problem with that!? i'm sure u kind of people haven't even read the manga. First of all the manga's drawing is way way way better, which shouldn't even be compared to anime! and second of all the voice actors suck!

Here is how pretty kyoko is actually suppose to look and same with Ren and Shou.





yeah i didnt read the manga, ill read it after the anime is finished and i dont see a diffrent about the anime and the manga
Member
6656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Down the Rabbit Hole
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

Yuri256 wrote:


Princessa77 wrote:

definitely !! based on the manga !! the anime will even get more and more interesting !


the manga is already interesting as it is, and the anime is ruining by the drawing's and how voice actor's feelings and voices don't match the characters! my god isn't there anybody who understands what i'm saying!? i'm telling u, the anime sucks! it just keep on ruining the manga!!


The anime isn't perfect, but it isn't horrible either. And don't forget the real fans here, the large magority are up-to-date with the manga. We are reading the manga, and we are happy to see a fairly faithful rendition animated. It wasn't going to be perfect.

But there is another group of newer fans who came to the manga because of the anime. But why should that matter. Wait a minute... they're ruining the manga by bringing new fans to it!!!

I wonder what the artist thinks?


fansy2010

yeah i didnt read the manga, ill read it after the anime is finished and i dont see a diffrent about the anime and the manga


My Point.
Member
6656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Down the Rabbit Hole
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

Hitsuji wrote:

Unlike Blue Sonnet, I know enough about the animation industry to know that the majority of survival for an anime depends on the numbers IN JAPAN. The higher the ratings, the more sponsors want to sign on for the project and maybe get included into the anime in question.


First off the above is how it works pretty much everywhere, with one exception. Skip Beat! is being broadcast near simultaneously in both Taiwan and Singapore meaning the ratings there also matter (not to mention other stations scattered across Japan, all of which have different broadcast times). Why? They bought the rights to air the series meaning that if it does well in those countries it could influence the series being continued for more seasons. Their money is just as good…

But the real issue is the experiment that is Crunchyroll. TVTokyo has given exclusive rights to the production quality subs of Skip Beat! and other popular anime. So what, you say? These subs are official. Meaning the translator not only has access to the original script they are professionals. This is what happens when anime is subbed and dubbed for dvd releases by companies like Viz Media and Media Blasters. Normally buying the rights to translate and sell an anime in other countries wouldn’t matter because it happens too long after the original broadcast of the series. This is how the release here in different. It comes from TVTokyo, the station with first broadcast rights to the series and we get to see it here even before Taiwan and Singapore.

So yeah… they are paying attention, and yes, they do care.

Edit: BTW:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-02-10/crunchyroll-aims-for-40000-subscribers-in-3-years-joins-aja
Member
13427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / East of the Sun a...
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09
- I read the manga first - I've been reading a lot of manga over the years and usually I am able to finish the manga before the anime... unless, like Skip Beat!, the anime AND manga are not finished...
- the reason I watch the anime religiously (as well as read the manga relisiously) is that I really enjoy the story and characters - NO MATTER WHICH FORMAT THEY'RE IN BECAUSE BOTH ARE GREAT!

The manga art is great - I really appreciate the quality of the artwork as well as the thought out story which is unique... I also like the anime which sticks pretty close (so far) to the manga and the artwork is pretty close as well... I really do appreciate the fact that you can move from one to another and not be traumatized too much by a difference in looks/personalty of a character... it really says a lot about the Studio creating the anime when the anime sticks close to the vision of the mangaka... it shows that they want to honor the work and the current fans as well as please new ones by showcasing a high quality anime...

... and about those pictures a few posts back from Yuri256 - those really pretty ones are the chapter covers - those have a lot more time and effort put into them so of course they're BEAUTIFUL - all of Nakamura-sensei's art is really nice - and the reason we're asking why people are voting NO is because to that point, there wasn't any reasoning behind the "NO" answers...
... you can't really compare the art of the anime vs. manga because Nakamura-sensei would never be able to do both... whenever a manga is made into an anime, some of the art style/quality is lost simply because it may not be easy to replicate... I would say take a look at Paradise Kiss - that was pretty close... but the anime looked a little different anyway, despite the close similarity of the style of art... Yazawa Ai did not draw the anime, thus its only copied work that was shown in the anime... a pretty good attempt though :D

also - please don't double post - EDIT your first post and add into it instead of posting 2x in a row... you can copy/paste additional quotes into 1 final post
Moderator
16974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09
Yes! That would be great!
As long as they don't start to add fillers to it and stuff...like in other animes -__-




kyrissanean wrote:
also - please don't double post - EDIT your first post and add into it instead of posting 2x in a row... you can copy/paste additional quotes into 1 final post



Thanks for pointing that out
Many people don't follow the rules here.....

Member
6656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Down the Rabbit Hole
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

kyrissanean wrote:
also - please don't double post - EDIT your first post and add into it instead of posting 2x in a row... you can copy/paste additional quotes into 1 final post


Double post is when people hit the button twice and post the exact same comment.


kyrissanean wrote:

So... does anybody know? I was reading on one of the ANN forums that there is a chance they may not do a second season! SHOCK!!! NO WAY!!
I sincerely hope that it isn't true.
Part of the online conversation is about the quality of the anime... well to that comment, all I can say is that it is very costly to create any type of cartoon and that if this were a full length feature they would have more time and money to invest in the anime.
I believe that the Skip Beat! anime is pretty good and I make sure to get my Kyoko and Ren fix every week in addition to my patiently waiting for the next chapter of the manga to come out... I enjoy seeing the story unfold in another medium. I don't think the anime and manga should be compared either... at least not beyond some main points like who the characters are and the basic plot - the rest is really up to the director's/studio's vision...

I hope that the studio sees the popularity of the anime in the online world - especially with the reach that Crunchyroll has, and that they see that they have a greater audience for the anime than they might have expected.

- what do you other fans think?


As my original post was deleted...

You can't trust what is posted on ANN's forums, in fact I recommend verifying everything posted on the site as it is. After all their Skip Beat! guide doesn't even have the correct titles to the episodes posted.

ANN can be a great resource, I should know, often use them to update my Skip Beat! television guide. But I always verify the information there as, at times, there is as much rumor as actual fact.
Member
3759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dream World
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

fansy2010 wrote:


Yuri256 wrote:


fansy2010 wrote:

WHO VOTED 4 NO ?!!!!


i voted for NO! ya got a problem with that!? i'm sure u kind of people haven't even read the manga. First of all the manga's drawing is way way way better, which shouldn't even be compared to anime! and second of all the voice actors suck!

Here is how pretty kyoko is actually suppose to look and same with Ren and Shou.





yeah i didnt read the manga, ill read it after the anime is finished and i dont see a diffrent about the anime and the manga


see what i mean?! oh don't worry, you'll see the difference after u actually reads the manga ^.^
Member
3759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dream World
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

the-nishikaze wrote:


Yuri256 wrote:


Princessa77 wrote:

definitely !! based on the manga !! the anime will even get more and more interesting !


the manga is already interesting as it is, and the anime is ruining by the drawing's and how voice actor's feelings and voices don't match the characters! my god isn't there anybody who understands what i'm saying!? i'm telling u, the anime sucks! it just keep on ruining the manga!!


The anime isn't perfect, but it isn't horrible either. And don't forget the real fans here, the large magority are up-to-date with the manga. We are reading the manga, and we are happy to see a fairly faithful rendition animated. It wasn't going to be perfect.

But there is another group of newer fans who came to the manga because of the anime. But why should that matter. Wait a minute... they're ruining the manga by bringing new fans to it!!!

I wonder what the artist thinks?


fansy2010

yeah i didnt read the manga, ill read it after the anime is finished and i dont see a diffrent about the anime and the manga


My Point.


finally somebody who gets it! that's what i mean exactly they haven't even read it and saying the anime is better or good, i mean like what the heck??!! u haven't even read the manga and dare to say that the anime is better?!
Member
6656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Down the Rabbit Hole
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

Yuri256 wrote:
finally somebody who gets it! that's what i mean exactly they haven't even read it and saying the anime is better or good, i mean like what the heck??!! u haven't even read the manga and dare to say that the anime is better?!


I never said the anime was better. I said the anime was good for what it is. The anime is bringing more fans to Skip Beat! which is not a bad thing.

Personally I feel Marina Inoue was a perfect fit.

Question... Did you come to the table expecting to hate the anime? Or did you approach it with an open mind?
Member
51275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
Well if the manga is still on going and the anime gets a lot of buzz and selling merchandize and what not,the anime industry usually makes a second season out of it.
If it makes money , they will make it.
Member
3759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dream World
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

the-nishikaze wrote:


Yuri256 wrote:
finally somebody who gets it! that's what i mean exactly they haven't even read it and saying the anime is better or good, i mean like what the heck??!! u haven't even read the manga and dare to say that the anime is better?!


I never said the anime was better. I said the anime was good for what it is. The anime is bringing more fans to Skip Beat! which is not a bad thing.

Personally I feel Marina Inoue was a perfect fit.

Question... Did you come to the table expecting to hate the anime? Or did you approach it with an open mind?


aha, to hate the anime obviously Even though it does make more skip beat fans, i don't even think they r the good fans that actually knows what a good anime means ^.^ either way i hate the anime especially the drawing and the stupid voice sactors and actresses. When i first saw it, i was "this totally sucks compare to the manga" than when i think back to the manga, it shouldn't even be compared! the people who only likes the anime are total idiots who doesn't know a thing about the manga and definitely not skip beat's real fan!
Member
13427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / East of the Sun a...
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
and good point - Nishikaze - about the ratings counting!! I appreciate the effort of finding the article


Yuri256 wrote:


the-nishikaze wrote:


Yuri256 wrote:
finally somebody who gets it! that's what i mean exactly they haven't even read it and saying the anime is better or good, i mean like what the heck??!! u haven't even read the manga and dare to say that the anime is better?!


I never said the anime was better. I said the anime was good for what it is. The anime is bringing more fans to Skip Beat! which is not a bad thing.

Personally I feel Marina Inoue was a perfect fit.

Question... Did you come to the table expecting to hate the anime? Or did you approach it with an open mind?


aha, to hate the anime obviously Even though it does make more skip beat fans, i don't even think they r the good fans that actually knows what a good anime means ^.^ either way i hate the anime especially the drawing and the stupid voice sactors and actresses. When i first saw it, i was "this totally sucks compare to the manga" than when i think back to the manga, it shouldn't even be compared! the people who only likes the anime are total idiots who doesn't know a thing about the manga and definitely not skip beat's real fan!


...so what is a good anime? and also... this is like reading a book (lets just say Harry Potter for example because that's the first thing that popped into my head...) and they make a movie and you're like "WHOA!!! I so did not picture the main character to look like that! When I was reading, I imagined him/her to be a little {shorter, taller, thinner, blonder, with messier hair, etc.} and not like this actor playing the part in the movie! What was the author thinking letting this happen!!" ... but the author has NO input whatsoever on movies usually... same goes with the anime... probably... though maybe with the anime they have some creative input... as to the voice actors... well it sounds okay to me... and rememer though, that people hear things differently... I myself DESPISE dubs... I hate hate hate hate them... but I know there are people who don't like reading the subs and don't like the original cast because its either in a different language... or some other reasons...
I am also glad that you finally stated that it shouldn't be compared to the manga - because as I mentioned before:

".. you can't really compare the art of the anime vs. manga because Nakamura-sensei would never be able to do both... whenever a manga is made into an anime, some of the art style/quality is lost simply because it may not be easy to replicate... I would say take a look at Paradise Kiss - that was pretty close... but the anime looked a little different anyway, despite the close similarity of the style of art... Yazawa Ai did not draw the anime, thus its only copied work that was shown in the anime... a pretty good attempt though :D"

...and still those fans who had their first taste of Skip Beat! be the anime... well maybe once they like the story and characters, they will give the manga a try, in order to see what happens to their favorite characters


...what I meant by the double posting thing...that you shouldn't, if you've posted just minutes/hours ago, start another reply when in fact you could just go and edit what you just wrote...because currently you're the last person to post something in the thread... that's all... IF it was an error made by the site... then mark it as spam and maybe it will eventually be removed by the moderator or whoever does cleanup... and yes I mainly meant it for mainly not choosing to edit the last post (which is yours) and just posting right after it anyway...
Member
4386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09
Here we go again.... one of those "Lord of the Rings movies vs. the books".

It's time like this it's better to have seen the movie before reading it, else you will just be disappointed because of outrageous expectations or subjective differences, you have to understand some very important things about movies and books, just the same goes with manga and anime.

It's almost in every way impossible to create a worthwhile movie if you follow the book by every grain of corn. There are different forms of climaxes and such which counts more important at different times. Same with anime and manga.

Before i go on, you have already spoiled yourself when you read the book/manga before watching the movie/anime, which in itself is your own demise, unchangeable perhaps, but still your own fault. There won't be many surprises through that and obviously you'll be not as "whoa this rocks!" , about it

But my "surprise moments, compared to the anime and manga were different, because i had read on, there were somethings i would weight as "VERY IMPORTANT!" but which didn't go through the same way as the manga did it but it got me surprised at other times and the climax and hilarious parts weren't always at the same places, and i didn't hate it, i actually loved it, meant more unexpected good moments. =)

If Crynchyroll has a value in whether or not we get another season, then i guess the hopes are up.

In the end there's always the manga hehe. Like 'em both a lot.
Posted 2/11/09
YES SECOND SEASON = MUST MUST MUST MUST!!!!
Member
6656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Down the Rabbit Hole
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09

kyrissanean wrote:

...what I meant by the double posting thing...that you shouldn't, if you've posted just minutes/hours ago, start another reply when in fact you could just go and edit what you just wrote...because currently you're the last person to post something in the thread... that's all... IF it was an error made by the site... then mark it as spam and maybe it will eventually be removed by the moderator or whoever does cleanup... and yes I mainly meant it for mainly not choosing to edit the last post (which is yours) and just posting right after it anyway...


That's incredibly offensive. You are not a moderator and should not be talking down to other members on this board. You really should be a litttle more careful and re-read what you post before you post it. Unless you meant to offend the other members on this board.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.