First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Should there be a season 2?
Member
13427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / East of the Sun a...
Offline
Posted 2/14/09

swtcakes wrote:

Yes that's the reason I enjoy subbed anime too =3
I wish there was a way I can buy subbed anime on dvd o.o
hm... anyone has any idea where they might sell it?


If you buy anime on DVD they give you the dubbed version as the default choice when you play the DVD... but you can also choose in the Language Options, or Options Menu Screen which AUDIO you'd like to listen to and whether you want subtitles or not - that way you can watch the Japanese Language Version with English subs :D

- I definitely am one of those that cannot stand dubbed... eesh... I also have comcast digital cable which gives me the opportunity to watch the anime channel or anime on demand as a part of my subscription... the unfortunate part is that its ALL dubbed... and I tried watching XXXHolic... all I can say is... OH. MY. GOD!!!! It was awful... I just watched the lips of the characters move and the dub DID NOT match the emotion of the character... nor was it timed right...

Member
3759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dream World
Offline
Posted 2/14/09

kyrissanean wrote:

and good point - Nishikaze - about the ratings counting!! I appreciate the effort of finding the article


Yuri256 wrote:


the-nishikaze wrote:


Yuri256 wrote:
finally somebody who gets it! that's what i mean exactly they haven't even read it and saying the anime is better or good, i mean like what the heck??!! u haven't even read the manga and dare to say that the anime is better?!


I never said the anime was better. I said the anime was good for what it is. The anime is bringing more fans to Skip Beat! which is not a bad thing.

Personally I feel Marina Inoue was a perfect fit.

Question... Did you come to the table expecting to hate the anime? Or did you approach it with an open mind?


aha, to hate the anime obviously Even though it does make more skip beat fans, i don't even think they r the good fans that actually knows what a good anime means ^.^ either way i hate the anime especially the drawing and the stupid voice sactors and actresses. When i first saw it, i was "this totally sucks compare to the manga" than when i think back to the manga, it shouldn't even be compared! the people who only likes the anime are total idiots who doesn't know a thing about the manga and definitely not skip beat's real fan!


...so what is a good anime? and also... this is like reading a book (lets just say Harry Potter for example because that's the first thing that popped into my head...) and they make a movie and you're like "WHOA!!! I so did not picture the main character to look like that! When I was reading, I imagined him/her to be a little {shorter, taller, thinner, blonder, with messier hair, etc.} and not like this actor playing the part in the movie! What was the author thinking letting this happen!!" ... but the author has NO input whatsoever on movies usually... same goes with the anime... probably... though maybe with the anime they have some creative input... as to the voice actors... well it sounds okay to me... and rememer though, that people hear things differently... I myself DESPISE dubs... I hate hate hate hate them... but I know there are people who don't like reading the subs and don't like the original cast because its either in a different language... or some other reasons...
I am also glad that you finally stated that it shouldn't be compared to the manga - because as I mentioned before:

".. you can't really compare the art of the anime vs. manga because Nakamura-sensei would never be able to do both... whenever a manga is made into an anime, some of the art style/quality is lost simply because it may not be easy to replicate... I would say take a look at Paradise Kiss - that was pretty close... but the anime looked a little different anyway, despite the close similarity of the style of art... Yazawa Ai did not draw the anime, thus its only copied work that was shown in the anime... a pretty good attempt though :D"

...and still those fans who had their first taste of Skip Beat! be the anime... well maybe once they like the story and characters, they will give the manga a try, in order to see what happens to their favorite characters


...what I meant by the double posting thing...that you shouldn't, if you've posted just minutes/hours ago, start another reply when in fact you could just go and edit what you just wrote...because currently you're the last person to post something in the thread... that's all... IF it was an error made by the site... then mark it as spam and maybe it will eventually be removed by the moderator or whoever does cleanup... and yes I mainly meant it for mainly not choosing to edit the last post (which is yours) and just posting right after it anyway...


What i mean by good anime is beening it's own anime and there's no manga or any books to it, which u wouldn't have to imagined it perfect than. That's why i prefer to just read a book or manga and not watch the movie or anime. And yeah that's what i'm saying by keep ur own opinion, i know i should have kept my own opinion but i couldn't help it. Still like u were saying people have their own thoughts, it's not like everyone is the same. u think the anime is good which i think sucks. so it would be good if we kept our own opinions. We would probably just argue more if we don't <.<

ummmmm, exactly why to i have to waste my time and edit the post??? there are a lot of other posts that are like so long, that one i'm doing now is not much >.<

Member
3759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dream World
Offline
Posted 2/14/09

Princessa77 wrote:


Yuri256 wrote:


Princessa77 wrote:

definitely !! based on the manga !! the anime will even get more and more interesting !


the manga is already interesting as it is, and the anime is ruining by the drawing's and how voice actor's feelings and voices don't match the characters! my god isn't there anybody who understands what i'm saying!? i'm telling u, the anime sucks! it just keep on ruining the manga!!


i do understand , but isn't the same with each and every anime ?! Mangas r always way better =)


yes definitely! thank you for understanding! =D
52 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Japan
Offline
Posted 2/14/09
they better make another season! they've barely scratched the surface with the anime. There's still so much Kyoko has to do before she becomes a successful actress.
Member
3759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dream World
Offline
Posted 2/14/09

swtcakes wrote:


I would like to disagree ^^;;
I think the girl who did kyouko's voice is a genius really! I think she portrayed kyouko's personality pretty well =)
kyouko, sometimes a bit crazy yet sweet ^^
this is the voice actress: http://myanimelist.net/people/158/Marina_Inoue
As you can see, she did many other awesome voices! ^^

Anyway, aside from kyouko, I thought shou's voice is genius too!
I can totally imagine his snobby self to sound like that xD

All in all, I really think they did a wonderful job even though it might differ from your point of view of how they should sound like @.@
That's the beauty of books or mangas, you get to imagine what they sound like and how they would be...
So for them to translate it into an anime, it's incredible because I know many people that are pleased with the voices =)

What I'm trying to say is, they are awesome! and if you compare it to english dubbed animes, they are like... super awesome *-*
Seriously, english voice dubbers need some lessons =P

one more thing ^^ you can't really compare manga to anime... the anime is the way it is, how the producers and directors pictured it, so you might disagree, doesn't mean it sucks >_> I think the voice actors/actress' are super talented. Voicing is actually harder than it looks *points at english dubbed animes*

[edit] I do follow the anime and manga... i think they are both awesome =)


well good for u that u actually like those voices. I've already checked all the voice actors and actresses, i definitely don't like them <.< of course that's only my opinion and everybody have else have their own. Like u know the people who likes the voice actors, i know many people who thinks it's annoying or doesn't fit at all!

I think that about mangas and books r the best too. I just love imagining my own thing that's why i usually don't like the anime or movies which were turned from books and mangas <.<

And yes i do agree that the dubs totally r bad and horrible! if they would to make them dub i would prefer subbed....

either way u can't change my mind on what i think of the anime, it still sucks
74311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/14/09
Personally I've always loved when a Manga gets made into an Anime. I love watching the imagry come to life. I can see how some people don't like the transition though
Sometimes it translates perfectly and other times it doesn't, there is a scene in Hikaru no Go that totally loses it's impact when it got translated to Anime.

By and large I've found Skip Beat to be a really good transition. Episode 7 did a really good job with the Tea Ceremony Scene and I am really looking forward to episode 19.

But it is always going to be a matter of personal taste, like any art form.

One person looks at a painting and sees a canvas full of passion and meaning and the other sees a red stripe down the middle of a blue background.

You like what you like and you hate what you hate.


(for the record I saw the Red stripe and walked away thinking my government wasted a lot of money on something a kindergardner could do)
Posted 2/14/09
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
There must be a 2nd season.anyway in the very least at least show Dark Moon
Member
667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / somewhere besides...
Offline
Posted 2/14/09
I think the y would or should make a second season
Member
1080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Indiana
Offline
Posted 2/14/09 , edited 2/14/09
Honestly, yes, they *should* do a second season.

I personally don't mind when different mediums that are based on the same story go off and do their own thing because they are different to begin with, so if they ended Skip Beat! with just one season, as long as it's a clear ending with a good conclusion, I really wouldn't mind. All good things must come to an end... while they're still good. But I don't see how it could be any good. It would be a rushed ending for sure if this was the only season, not to mention the story itself is just meant to go on longer.

However, we need to be a little more realistic about this. There isn't really a big market for long-running shoujo anime anymore (at least not compared with the shonen titles out there). While SB is popular, I don't see how they would make any more money if they were to continue then if they just moved on to the next "big thing". It's kind of the same situation that happened with Fruits Basket.

What CR is doing is still a new idea in progress. The anime membership is good for all sorts of reasons that we've already talked about. But I'm still seeing a lot of Spam. Out of the 20,000 fans how many are actually paying to help support? So even though the fan base would be growing, without the ratings or profit to show for it, there's just nothing in it for them. Getting the manga is a different field. Frankly, the fact that they haven't even brought up any possibility of another season leaves me in doubt. Again, I just hope they give it a good fair ending...
Member
13427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / East of the Sun a...
Offline
Posted 2/15/09

Greylurker wrote:

Personally I've always loved when a Manga gets made into an Anime. I love watching the imagry come to life. I can see how some people don't like the transition though
Sometimes it translates perfectly and other times it doesn't, there is a scene in Hikaru no Go that totally loses it's impact when it got translated to Anime.

By and large I've found Skip Beat to be a really good transition. Episode 7 did a really good job with the Tea Ceremony Scene and I am really looking forward to episode 19.

But it is always going to be a matter of personal taste, like any art form.

One person looks at a painting and sees a canvas full of passion and meaning and the other sees a red stripe down the middle of a blue background.

You like what you like and you hate what you hate.


(for the record I saw the Red stripe and walked away thinking my government wasted a lot of money on something a kindergardner could do)


I too enjoy seeing the quality of the transition from manga to anime for Skip Beat! I think that maybe, just maybe, there are some studios out there that are realizing that the fans get upset when stuff goes in a completely different direction from the manga, or when they cut important stuff out... but its also nice to see some stuff tweaked slightly which brings other parts you may have missed in the manga come to life


belle_lumiere wrote:

Honestly, yes, they *should* do a second season.

I personally don't mind when different mediums that are based on the same story go off and do their own thing because they are different to begin with, so if they ended Skip Beat! with just one season, as long as it's a clear ending with a good conclusion, I really wouldn't mind. All good things must come to an end... while they're still good. But I don't see how it could be any good. It would be a rushed ending for sure if this was the only season, not to mention the story itself is just meant to go on longer.

However, we need to be a little more realistic about this. There isn't really a big market for long-running shoujo anime anymore (at least not compared with the shonen titles out there). While SB is popular, I don't see how they would make any more money if they were to continue then if they just moved on to the next "big thing". It's kind of the same situation that happened with Fruits Basket.

What CR is doing is still a new idea in progress. The anime membership is good for all sorts of reasons that we've already talked about. But I'm still seeing a lot of Spam. Out of the 20,000 fans how many are actually paying to help support? So even though the fan base would be growing, without the ratings or profit to show for it, there's just nothing in it for them. Getting the manga is a different field. Frankly, the fact that they haven't even brought up any possibility of another season leaves me in doubt. Again, I just hope they give it a good fair ending...


:) I don't know if a clear ending this soon would work... it would be like the Hatenkou Yuugi adaptation of the Dazzle manga... the manga is 20 volumes and the anime is only 10 episodes and the story doesn't really end... it kind of sucks that you don't find out what happens...and you really feel let down...

As to the market for it... I sincerely hope that they do see the international potential for it... I hope that they do see that they can put advertisements online somehow and bring in international ad partners to the forefront in order to help pay the costs of making an anime... but I guess we will see about it... but I DO hope that there is more to the anime :D

Member
6670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Down the Rabbit Hole
Offline
Posted 2/15/09 , edited 2/15/09

Yuri256 wrote:
What i mean by good anime is beening it's own anime and there's no manga or any books to it, which u wouldn't have to imagined it perfect than. That's why i prefer to just read a book or manga and not watch the movie or anime. And yeah that's what i'm saying by keep ur own opinion, i know i should have kept my own opinion but i couldn't help it. Still like u were saying people have their own thoughts, it's not like everyone is the same. u think the anime is good which i think sucks. so it would be good if we kept our own opinions. We would probably just argue more if we don't <.<



Yuri256 wrote:

aha, to hate the anime obviously Even though it does make more skip beat fans, i don't even think they r the good fans that actually knows what a good anime means ^.^ either way i hate the anime especially the drawing and the stupid voice sactors and actresses. When i first saw it, i was "this totally sucks compare to the manga" than when i think back to the manga, it shouldn't even be compared! the people who only likes the anime are total idiots who doesn't know a thing about the manga and definitely not skip beat's real fan!


There's a difference between having a difference of opinion and saying that fans of something you hate aren't 'good fans' and 'don't know what good anime is'. (Not to mention the above comment could be considered 'flaming'.)

There are plenty of knowledgeable Skip Beat! fans who like both the anime and the manga. If you don't like the series okay. I completely don't agree with you, but that doesn't make me less of a fan then you just because I like it and visa versa.

Besides... the creator of Skip Beat! is totally okay with the treatment of her work and is excited for it, just as J. K. Rowling was completely okay with her series being made into the movies. In the end, they are the ones who should be the most offended.


kyrissanean wrote:
:) I don't know if a clear ending this soon would work... it would be like the Hatenkou Yuugi adaptation of the Dazzle manga... the manga is 20 volumes and the anime is only 10 episodes and the story doesn't really end... it kind of sucks that you don't find out what happens...and you really feel let down...


Ranma 1/2 had 8 seasons, 3 movies and numerous OAVs and never had a clear ending.

It's par for the course with anime. It's like roulette, sometimes you get it, other times you don't.
Member
197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F
Offline
Posted 2/15/09
OF course!!!

Member
3759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dream World
Offline
Posted 2/15/09

the-nishikaze wrote:


Yuri256 wrote:
What i mean by good anime is beening it's own anime and there's no manga or any books to it, which u wouldn't have to imagined it perfect than. That's why i prefer to just read a book or manga and not watch the movie or anime. And yeah that's what i'm saying by keep ur own opinion, i know i should have kept my own opinion but i couldn't help it. Still like u were saying people have their own thoughts, it's not like everyone is the same. u think the anime is good which i think sucks. so it would be good if we kept our own opinions. We would probably just argue more if we don't <.<



Yuri256 wrote:

aha, to hate the anime obviously Even though it does make more skip beat fans, i don't even think they r the good fans that actually knows what a good anime means ^.^ either way i hate the anime especially the drawing and the stupid voice sactors and actresses. When i first saw it, i was "this totally sucks compare to the manga" than when i think back to the manga, it shouldn't even be compared! the people who only likes the anime are total idiots who doesn't know a thing about the manga and definitely not skip beat's real fan!


There's a difference between having a difference of opinion and saying that fans of something you hate aren't 'good fans' and 'don't know what good anime is'. (Not to mention the above comment could be considered 'flaming'.)

There are plenty of knowledgeable Skip Beat! fans who like both the anime and the manga. If you don't like the series okay. I completely don't agree with you, but that doesn't make me less of a fan then you just because I like it and visa versa.

Besides... the creator of Skip Beat! is totally okay with the treatment of her work and is excited for it, just as J. K. Rowling was completely okay with her series being made into the movies. In the end, they are the ones who should be the most offended.


kyrissanean wrote:
:) I don't know if a clear ending this soon would work... it would be like the Hatenkou Yuugi adaptation of the Dazzle manga... the manga is 20 volumes and the anime is only 10 episodes and the story doesn't really end... it kind of sucks that you don't find out what happens...and you really feel let down...


Ranma 1/2 had 8 seasons, 3 movies and numerous OAVs and never had a clear ending.

It's par for the course with anime. It's like roulette, sometimes you get it, other times you don't.


This is exactly what i mean by your own "opinion" and what i mean by "good fans" is that if u actually r a good and trusted fan than u wouldn't only like the anime, but of course the manga also.Did i even said a word about "something i hate aren't good fans" no i never said that, ur trying to change the topic i just said which u probably didn't get what i was trying to say . and how was the above comment fleming??

Well than good for the author, i'm not her nor r u me, i am myself and i can hate whatever i want and could like what i want to like. It's no use trying to argue with me just because u like the anime and i don't.





1588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/16/09
i really hope that there will be a second season....if skip beat isn't gonna have 2nd season..then i'll just rely on manga then
Member
52072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Virginia Beach
Offline
Posted 2/16/09
I hope there is another season. A lot of the animes I watch on here do not have US releases yet. Same with the mange (fan-subs aren't always great).
Each time my brother goes to Japan he picks up a collection for me (checking to make sure english subtites are already on them). I suppport the future of anime! lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.