First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Episode 18 ~Discussion~
Member
1047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / In the right place.
Offline
Posted 2/6/09
Seems like everything is building up, from what happened last episode and going further. Looks like the next episode or two will be pretty interesting.

What did you think of the episode?

Minori Kushieda, what is going on with her?
Moderator
53940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/6/09
~Stickied

Whadd'ya expect more character developments... even Ami falling for Ryuuji

and...

*facepalm* Taiga is 17 years old!?
Member
3589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / united states
Offline
Posted 2/6/09

DeadMemories wrote:

Seems like everything is building up, from what happened last episode and going further. Looks like the next episode or two will be pretty interesting.

What did you think of the episode?

Minori Kushieda, what is going on with her?


i think that minorin likes ryuji but she doesn't want to admit it....she is just confuse and i bet she thinked that she was betraying her best friend by liking him...now the other girl , i don't really understand her...she should just go forward and tell him....she is a super model so....u know what i mean guys...and the last person that i think that will get with the guy is taigan...because it just doesn't seen like it going to happen...
338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 2/6/09
i think ami's clearly the only one who knows exactly wad's going on.
wad i think is:
ryuuji likes taiga unconsciously and taiga cant exactly "live without him in her life"

as for minorin i think she does like ryuuji like ramonmedina15 says. but as for her "guilt", i duno why hmmm...i think it's cos minorin knows taiga likes kitamura and also knows that kitamura likes the other girl. but minorin never stopped taiga cos she wants ryuuji for herself. she caused taiga hurt and so she feels guilty?
i duno ><

but poor minorin=(
Member
274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/6/09
I think Minori is guilty because she perhaps has feelings to Kitamura-kun and she knows that Taiga has feelings for him too. What reason would Minori have to feel guilty if she really DID have feelings for Ryuuji? It's not as if Ryuuji is officially with Taiga yet. And Minori isn't dumb, she's probably very well aware that Taiga has been trying to hook Ryuuji and Minori up with chances to mingle and connect but she continues to deny those opportunities because shes just not interested in Ryuuji, hence another reason for her to feel guilty.

It's obvious now that Ryuuji has feelings for Taiga, and hes just now beginning to realize just how deep those feelings are, even to the point where seeing Taiga and Kitamura together makes him jealous and uneasy.
Member
3426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / SORA DE
Offline
Posted 2/7/09
I still hate Minorin. -_-

Ami FTW
Member
106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/09 , edited 2/7/09

terra311 wrote:

I think Minori is guilty because she perhaps has feelings to Kitamura-kun and she knows that Taiga has feelings for him too...


Never crossed my mind on that one. We haven't seen Minorin with Kitamura... they have (or had similar) activities, so maybe there's something there that hasn't been shown t us. Maybe she has a crush on him, even before Taiga had,, and remained silent about it. Now that Taiga and Kitamura are getting closer (well, in the surface), Minorin has started to lose it, because Taiga is gonna get Kitamura, and since she is aware of Ryuuji's feelings, she's avoiding him because she doesn't want to hurt him... yep, she likes him, but not that much. Maybe next episode, Ryuuji will play it all... and I think he's not going to be "rewarded". Yep, it's sad, but happens.
Member
281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / London, England
Offline
Posted 2/7/09

fallendrops wrote:

i think ami's clearly the only one who knows exactly wad's going on.
wad i think is:
ryuuji likes taiga unconsciously and taiga cant exactly "live without him in her life"

as for minorin i think she does like ryuuji like ramonmedina15 says. but as for her "guilt", i duno why hmmm...i think it's cos minorin knows taiga likes kitamura and also knows that kitamura likes the other girl. but minorin never stopped taiga cos she wants ryuuji for herself. she caused taiga hurt and so she feels guilty?
i duno ><

but poor minorin=(


omggg that never crossed my mind!!! i am 100% with you on that!
Member
1871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / right here
Offline
Posted 2/8/09

terra311 wrote:

I think Minori is guilty because she perhaps has feelings to Kitamura-kun and she knows that Taiga has feelings for him too. What reason would Minori have to feel guilty if she really DID have feelings for Ryuuji? It's not as if Ryuuji is officially with Taiga yet. And Minori isn't dumb, she's probably very well aware that Taiga has been trying to hook Ryuuji and Minori up with chances to mingle and connect but she continues to deny those opportunities because shes just not interested in Ryuuji, hence another reason for her to feel guilty.

It's obvious now that Ryuuji has feelings for Taiga, and hes just now beginning to realize just how deep those feelings are, even to the point where seeing Taiga and Kitamura together makes him jealous and uneasy.



Lol
Never heard anything so stupid in my life.
If she was feeling guilty over kitamura, wouldn't she avoid Taiga rather than Ryuji?
And how do you explain all the times Minori has been so candid with Ryuji?
And how about the time when she was repeatedly calling Ryuji's name?
Anyway, you'll realise whats what in the next ep, which btw, is gonna be AWESOME. I'm guessing Taiga realises her feelings, Ryuji gets turned down by Minori, and the whole whirlwind of emotions will carry through the rest of the anime.

The fact is, Taiga likes Ryuji, and Kitamura, Ami, Minori all realise this.Taiga will most probably only realise this only when she thinks shes lost Ryuji?And I don't think Ryuji likes taiga in THAT way, but he can't abandon her cause then she'll be all alone.Same reason Minori can't take away the only family Taiga has left.
Its like Ami said, He's getting himself into a really messy situation.He's gonna be the one who gets hurt the most, thats for damn certain.

Minori is feeling guilty cause she developed feelings for Ryuji, but can't take away the happiness of her best friends.
Ofcourse, in my opinion, this is some really dumb female sentimental shit cause they're not even considering how bad Ryuji must be feeling.

Now for my views on Ami and why I like her: she understands the entire situation completely. She realises that the way things are with Taiga, Ryuji and Minori right now, she can't just confess to Ryuji. Cause she'll get turned down flat (yes, EVEN though shes a supermodel ).And also, I think she really likes Ryuji and doesn't wanna risk pushing him further away.

In conclusion, I love Minori, but hate her right now, hate Ami, but Love her now (that confession was uber cute ) and I never liked Taiga much, don't like her that much now either.
Oh, and Kitamura is like a side dish now.He won't feature so prominantly I think.
Member
1871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / right here
Offline
Posted 2/8/09

Rm1978 wrote:


terra311 wrote:

I think Minori is guilty because she perhaps has feelings to Kitamura-kun and she knows that Taiga has feelings for him too...


Never crossed my mind on that one. We haven't seen Minorin with Kitamura... they have (or had similar) activities, so maybe there's something there that hasn't been shown t us. Maybe she has a crush on him, even before Taiga had,, and remained silent about it. Now that Taiga and Kitamura are getting closer (well, in the surface), Minorin has started to lose it, because Taiga is gonna get Kitamura, and since she is aware of Ryuuji's feelings, she's avoiding him because she doesn't want to hurt him... yep, she likes him, but not that much. Maybe next episode, Ryuuji will play it all... and I think he's not going to be "rewarded". Yep, it's sad, but happens.


Minori loves Ryuji.Ami loves Ryuji.Taiga loves Ryuji
Ryuji loves Minori, but can't leave Taiga's side.
Minori can't show her own feelings to Ryuji cause she loves Taiga.
Ami is the only one who can see this complete picture.
Things are gona turn mega messy, with everyone getting hurt, especially Ryuji.
Kitamura won't figure at all anywhere.He's a used prop now.
Member
274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/8/09 , edited 2/8/09

any_colour_you_like wrote:


terra311 wrote:

I think Minori is guilty because she perhaps has feelings to Kitamura-kun and she knows that Taiga has feelings for him too. What reason would Minori have to feel guilty if she really DID have feelings for Ryuuji? It's not as if Ryuuji is officially with Taiga yet. And Minori isn't dumb, she's probably very well aware that Taiga has been trying to hook Ryuuji and Minori up with chances to mingle and connect but she continues to deny those opportunities because shes just not interested in Ryuuji, hence another reason for her to feel guilty.

It's obvious now that Ryuuji has feelings for Taiga, and hes just now beginning to realize just how deep those feelings are, even to the point where seeing Taiga and Kitamura together makes him jealous and uneasy.



Lol
Never heard anything so stupid in my life.
If she was feeling guilty over kitamura, wouldn't she avoid Taiga rather than Ryuji?
And how do you explain all the times Minori has been so candid with Ryuji?
And how about the time when she was repeatedly calling Ryuji's name?
Anyway, you'll realise whats what in the next ep, which btw, is gonna be AWESOME. I'm guessing Taiga realises her feelings, Ryuji gets turned down by Minori, and the whole whirlwind of emotions will carry through the rest of the anime.

The fact is, Taiga likes Ryuji, and Kitamura, Ami, Minori all realise this.Taiga will most probably only realise this only when she thinks shes lost Ryuji?And I don't think Ryuji likes taiga in THAT way, but he can't abandon her cause then she'll be all alone.Same reason Minori can't take away the only family Taiga has left.
Its like Ami said, He's getting himself into a really messy situation.He's gonna be the one who gets hurt the most, thats for damn certain.

Minori is feeling guilty cause she developed feelings for Ryuji, but can't take away the happiness of her best friends.
Ofcourse, in my opinion, this is some really dumb female sentimental shit cause they're not even considering how bad Ryuji must be feeling.

Now for my views on Ami and why I like her: she understands the entire situation completely. She realises that the way things are with Taiga, Ryuji and Minori right now, she can't just confess to Ryuji. Cause she'll get turned down flat (yes, EVEN though shes a supermodel ).And also, I think she really likes Ryuji and doesn't wanna risk pushing him further away.

In conclusion, I love Minori, but hate her right now, hate Ami, but Love her now (that confession was uber cute ) and I never liked Taiga much, don't like her that much now either.
Oh, and Kitamura is like a side dish now.He won't feature so prominantly I think.


A stupid person has no right to acclaim anything said by anyone else to be stupid Because a stupid person can't distinguish the difference between stupidity and intelligence. If you took the time to read my damn post, I have mentioned that there are two, count TWO potential reasons as to why Minori would be guilty. 1.) She has feelings for Kitamura and doesn't want to hurt Taiga, and 2.) She knows Ryuuji has a crush on her, and her inability to tell him straight forward that shes not interested in him also adds to her guilt. Atleast, those WERE my theories... until I caught up to the light novel chapters ^_^ And yes might I say, things will most certainly be interesting in the up coming episodes ahaha.

Anyway, continuing from my initial theories, do you really think that Minori is dumb enough to not see that Ryuuji has a crush on her? Do you think shes dumb enough to not notice that Taiga has been trying to help Ryuuji hook up with Minori? You should know, Minori is no fool. Remember the scene in episode 16, when Minori approached the classroom where Taiga and Kanou had just fought, and Taiga was calling Kanou out for not being able to fess up to her feelings and is a coward to be avoiding Kitamura's confession without giving a yes or no answer? It's those remarks rang in Minori's ears, thus making her realize that she too is cowardly for not telling Ryuuji straight forward that shes just not interested. Hence, Minori's guilt.

I will add though that after reading the novel chapters, I do have a better understanding as to what the situation is, and although my initial theory was "partially" correct, its certainly a surprise to see what occurs next ^^ None the less, atleast my theories had thought put into them, unlike some others.

And you not liking Taiga gives me a better understanding as to why you are going up and down to argue against her and Ryuuji pairing, which proves YET AGAIN, you are not giving any objective insight Stupid is stupid indeed.
Member
1871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / right here
Offline
Posted 2/8/09


No need for petty name calling ^__^
I guess what you want me to do is dissect your theory rather than prove the superiority of my own?Very well then, I shall make it so.
Your first reason is that she is feeling guilty about Kitamura and Taiga. You have not given any examples as to why this is so.Please list out your reasons for supposing shes even interested in Kitamura.Do not theorise without supporting facts.
As for your second reason:
Have you forgotten that Minori is candid ONLY with Ryuji? Or maybe that little detail escaped you even though its in my post?So no one would say that she wasn't interested.And I remember the one time she was repeatedly calling his name. Very odd thing for a girl not interested to do.Also, if you remember after they came back from the summer house, Minori was acting all weird around Ryuji.And the time when she said that they should keep the picture of them winning the 'Lucky Man' race as memories?Seems to me she really liked him, don't you think?
Hence, your second reason falls apart.

Yeah, and continuing to dissect your initial theories, what are you going on about saying Minori was too dumb to realise Ryuji's feelings.If you read my post, I make the argument that Minori can't reciprocate Ryuji's feelings due to her love for Taiga.That obviously assumes that Minori knows of Ryuji's feelings and Taiga's attempts to pull them closer together.

And do you really think she would miss going to the christmas party because she wasn't in love? No, the only emotion strong enough to cause her to behave like that is love.

In the end, there is no indication whatsoever that Minori is even in the least bit attracted to Kitamura in the first place.

The only admissibly intelligent point you put forward(and I commend you for it) was the one about ep 16.Minori may well have felt guilty for not being straight with ryuji, but the gap in this argument is that Minori only started avoiding Ryuji after this particular incident took place, so that clouds the entire reasoning making its meaning ambiguous.My theory as to this incident is that Minori finally starts to think that Taiga truly likes Kitamura rather than Ryuji, and this gives her the glimpse of a possibility of hooking up with Ryuji.Supporting this is the fact that Ami said "Is your guilt gone yet?".So I guess, the aftermath was that she was confused as hell as to what she should do, thus resulting in her not being able to concentrate in softball, and her avoiding Ryuji.

And yeah, I don't like Taiga that much.I am entiled to like/dislike anyone I choose. That doesn't mean it clouds my reasoning.Your assumptions are pretty baseless.
Fact is, my not liking Taiga has nothing to do with this discussion, as its all about Minori.
I respect a different opinion as long as its well reasoned and articulated, regardless of my likes/dislikes.But maybe you're trying to have a dig at me cause you can't support your own theory well enough?Maybe you needed to put intelligent thought into your theory, rather than just plain old thought.

I guess the galaxy song is true afterall

"So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure
How amazingly unlikely is your birth
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
Because there's bugger all down here on Earth"



Member
274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/09


You started the foul play first with your choice of words, thus I retaliated. Perhaps my post made too much sense for you to interpret, hence you had to resort to calling it stupid. That or I proved you wrong, and you got frustrated. Nevertheless, you never fail to repeatedly prove my point. Again, if you took the time to actually r-e-a-d my post, you would have had all of your questions answered by now. My initial theory for Minori to be candid with Ryuuji is simple. As I've said, Minori is NOT dumb. She obviously knows the feelings he has towards her, and she obviously knows the depth of the situation more so than others.

If you've caught up with the novel chapters by now (which something tells me you have,) you obviously know what the current situation is. Though you cannot possibly tell me that my initial idea of "Minori potentially having feelings for Kitamura" didn't have a plausible explanation behind it. I'm sure Minori knew that Taiga has had feelings for Kitamura, though until she stumbled into the classroom after the fight, she didn't realize just how intensive those feelings were. Now, this is where the plot twist actually doesn't add up in terms of development, which I personally think is a flaw in the directing itself. Where does Ryuuji somehow fit into this situation? How did Taiga getting into that brawl with Kanou involve Ryuuji in any way? Unless, when Minori heard Taiga calling Kanou a "coward" for not being able to straight forwardly reject Kitamura's feelings, Minori then could have thought "I know Takasu has feelings for me, but I'm too cowardly to reject them." And I'm sure Minori noticed the picture in Taiga's wallet with her and Kitamura together, followed after with a "She really loves him" statement from the student. That was a pretty well thought out guess in the least, was it not? There's a reason why so many people (particularly those who haven't read the novel chapters) had a difficult time interpreting just what exactly was going on with Minori, because there was no hint, no sign, and no indication whatsoever that Ryuuji played a part in her guilt.

And I find it to be untrue when you say that your disliking Taiga doesn't play a part in your decision making. Of course, you are just as entitled as everyone else is to like or dislike whom you chose. I have never once said that you were not entitled to that. My point is though, that it DOES play a part in your thinking process. If you didn't dislike Taiga as much as you do, would you be going out of your way to debate against RyuujixTaiga? Would you still be going out of your way to post negative snarks to any RyuujixTaiga post or image you see? Doubtful. I have absolute confidence in my standpoint and perceptive delivery, whether it be correct or incorrect, the fact remains that I presented supportive and well though out ideas. I chose to dig at you because 1.) Your the only person I've seen thus far on these boards other than myself who would go out of their way to try to prove their point in an essay length post, and 2.) I personally feel you are not being objective, which is something I think to be a big no no when it comes to any debate regardless of the subject matter. I'll *try* to put this as lightly as I can. My ideas and argument have much more intelligence put into them than yours. Is this intimidating perhaps? Is this why you childishly referred to my initial post as "stupid" or "just plain old thought?" I think I hear a violin playing in the background
1337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Beating and emo k...
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
Will anyone else be severely disappointed if Ryuuji ends up with Taiga? (which most likely WILL happen, because writers can't think any differently)
1337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Beating and emo k...
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09
terra311, you have got to be the dumbest and most hypocritical poster I have ever come across. Congratulations.

oh, and 1337 cr points
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.