Created by 666deviless
Do you like the new bank?
43938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 2/6/09
When summoning came out there were a lot of hints about a new update months before... this lead to speculation about a new bank with tabs around the internet and I thought that this would be the most likely update. Instead we got a fun new skill. However a few months later some major changes were made including us receiving a new bank. I personally think that having a search option makes life a hell of a lot easier and also makes my obsession with having my bank organised a hell of a lot easier. However some people may have been rather attached to the old one and I am interested in your opinions on the matter... are there any improvements that you wish could be made? If you are a non-member do you find that you need tabs with the limited bank space you have? Discuss =P
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 2/6/09
what bank? what are you talking about? does this have to do with crunchyland?

oh, POLL section btw.
11232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 2/7/09 , edited 2/7/09
I'm like 100% certain you are talking about runescape (seeing as everything you described has happened in the past year and is apart of runescape).

I'm going to suggest to you something, don't mention Runescape on Crunchyroll. Most people on here think its shit. This poll would be better of on Zybez.net or Tip.It.

To answer your question. The updated bank is allot better, it made organization and finding things easier. The only bad part is, if you withdraw something the item next in line takes the item you withdrew's spot.


5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 2/7/09
Wow, people still play runescape?
11232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 2/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:

Wow, people still play runescape?


Well obviously. 90k people online atm.
Its funny, people bash it so much but I've never gotten a real answer to why its shunned upon (After the updates that happened in 2008)
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 2/7/09

slowdude wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

Wow, people still play runescape?


Well obviously. 90k people online atm.
Its funny, people bash it so much but I've never gotten a real answer to why its shunned upon (After the updates that happened in 2008)


Well I don't know what it's like now, but last time I played in 2006 I didn't like it because:

1.Too many assholes/scammers

2. 3 of my accounts got hacked

3.It got boring, I wanted to get a membership but my mom wouldn't let me

4.I've found much better MMORPGs, with much nicer and more helpful communities, better graphics, administrators who actually care and do their best to ward off hackers and gold bots, and the same kind of gameplay (spending hours leveling up skills and clicking monsters) except more refined and better overall.

I guess it's nice as a MMORPGs-for-dummies game, but I don't see how anyone can still be into it after playing other MMORPGs, unless they've only tried really crappy ones.
11232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 2/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


slowdude wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

Wow, people still play runescape?


Well obviously. 90k people online atm.
Its funny, people bash it so much but I've never gotten a real answer to why its shunned upon (After the updates that happened in 2008)


Well I don't know what it's like now, but last time I played in 2006 I didn't like it because:

1.Too many assholes/scammers

2. 3 of my accounts got hacked

3.It got boring, I wanted to get a membership but my mom wouldn't let me

4.I've found much better MMORPGs, with much nicer and more helpful communities, better graphics, administrators who actually care and do their best to ward off hackers and gold bots, and the same kind of gameplay (spending hours leveling up skills and clicking monsters) except more refined and better overall.

I guess it's nice as a MMORPGs-for-dummies game, but I don't see how anyone can still be into it after playing other MMORPGs, unless they've only tried really crappy ones.


People cant scam anymore
You fail if your accounts get hacked. The only way they can get hacked is if you download a keylogger or tell someone your password
You couldnt get membership because of your mum, not because of the game itself
Yes there is better MMORPG's, it doesn't mean RS is a bad game.
There are Helpful communities if you look around
Have you seen max graphics from the update they did in mid-08
The Jagex Mods have done quite allot to stop people getting hacked and to stop Gold Bots
All MMORPG's are the same from what I can tell, in most you tend to have to spend hours leveling up skills and clicking monsters (well attacking in some way or another)

I'm only going on about this because allot of people say the same things you do when generally most of your facts are stupid like getting hacked or getting scammed, those 2 facts are your faults not the games. The graphics weren't the greatest in 06 but they have updated the graphics, it takes quite a powerful computer to run it on high detail.

You say its a dummies game? Explain that. That honestly makes no sense. You calling a few Hundred Thousand people Stupid for playing a game for fun?

I guess people like you get to 50 combat then give up because you think thats all there is or something.

Now I'm just going to say, I'm not posting this because I want you to play Runescape. I'm just pointing out the facts that allot of reasons why its a "shit" "boring" or "people who play it are stupid" arn't right. Whats wrong with people playing a game they enjoy.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 2/7/09

slowdude wrote:

You fail if your accounts get hacked. The only way they can get hacked is if you download a keylogger or tell someone your password

I probably did, I wasn't too internet-savvy back then.


Yes there is better MMORPG's, it doesn't mean RS is a bad game.

I never said it was, but I don't see the point in playing it if I've already found something better.


There are Helpful communities if you look around

You shouldn't have to look around. In almost every MMORPG I played after runescape, all I had to do was ask a question in broadcast/general chat/ whatever, and there would always be at least 5 people willing to answer me. I've also made friends easier in the other games who help me out just for the sake of being helpful, which made me do the same for others once I'd advanced pretty far. In runescape, it seemed like whenever I asked a simple question like "where is location x?" I'd always get tons of "lol noob" comments. There were a few nice people, but the overall community was horrible. The main reason why I play MMORPGs is to interact with people and make friends (yes I'm a loser) and if most of the people are assholes then it just ruins the whole game for me.



Have you seen max graphics from the update they did in mid-08

No, graphics don't make a game for me though. I didn't really mind the old ones.


All MMORPG's are the same from what I can tell, in most you tend to have to spend hours leveling up skills and clicking monsters (well attacking in some way or another)

Yes they are, but it's all about presentation and how the game weaves those basic concepts into the game, and to me Runescape didn't feel all that interesting after I found other games.


I'm only going on about this because allot of people say the same things you do when generally most of your facts are stupid like getting hacked or getting scammed, those 2 facts are your faults not the games.

So it's my fault, as a new player, that some guy overcharges me for an item when I had no way of knowing what a fair price would be?


You say its a dummies game? Explain that. That honestly makes no sense. You calling a few Hundred Thousand people Stupid for playing a game for fun?

I was referring to the "bla bla bla For Dummies" series of books that act as an introduction to various topics, didn't mean to say that the game was stupid.


I guess people like you get to 50 combat then give up because you think thats all there is or something.

I got my first account to 96, and the main reason why is because I had friends who made the game more fun. Once that got hacked I made a new account, but I couldn't do a lot of stuff with my friends since they were higher leveled, so we drifted apart. I got that to around 45 and it got hacked. I raised my 3rd one to 15 or so and it got hacked, then I just gave up.


Now I'm just going to say, I'm not posting this because I want you to play Runescape. I'm just pointing out the facts that allot of reasons why its a "shit" "boring" or "people who play it are stupid" arn't right. Whats wrong with people playing a game they enjoy.

It got boring after I played it for so long, and other MMORPGs I've played after that got boring after playing them for so long, and the ones I'm playing now are going to get boring eventually and I'll quit those too. Runescape just happens to be at the bottom of my list because it's the first one that I ever played, and every one I've played after than has been slightly better.

11232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 2/7/09
Cuddlebuns. Thank you for your reply. Your pretty much the first person to reply (On these forums at least) with reasons why you quit and why you don't want to play it. (Instead of the usual shit that people write)

and now I have no reason to continue in this discussions.
You must be logged in to post.