Created by Assault911
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
RELIGION VS SCIENCE
2740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Where your not at...
Offline
Posted 2/8/09
science
390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / artist capital of...
Offline
Posted 2/8/09
i'm a Christian and i chose religion, though a few years ago i would've chosen science. i used to be an atheist but thank God he lifted me from that past, i cannot claim that science has not done anything good, but however i do claim that without God nothing will be existing now..

as a Christian once reached out to me and opened my eyes to Jesus Christ, who loved me and gave himself for me, i also reached out to all you now, who doesn't believe in God praying that most if not all would recognize him, accept him and be saved..
33884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 2/8/09
Science all the way!
19005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 2/8/09
im catholic so religion
just bcuz God hasnt and maybe cant be proven to exist doesnt mean he doesnt
even though science has some good things it has some bad things...well actually its just wat humans decide to do with things they discover in science
tho i admit religion....actually wat some humans do for religion have sometimes been bad too

Posted 2/8/09
I'm a science believer

even though i have a religion i believe in what i see not what i hear from people.
Posted 2/8/09
Not really sure, but it leans more to science.
6787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / The Netherlands...
Offline
Posted 2/9/09
Science
1009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/9/09
I choose religion - faith in God had given me so much more than science could ever give me. I can live without technology and other shit because they're just worldly things (If those people back in the days could do it, why can't I?). I'd much prefer be spiritually well than indulging myself with something that could only pleasure me for a couple of hours. Who says that a person needs proof to believe. Do we see gravity? No, but we still believe in it. Or is gravity just fictional to you as well? How can you be so sure that God does not exist?

They say that humans evolve from chimps. Then shouldn't all chimps be humans by now? Why are there still chimps swinging around trees nowadays? Did they just suddenly decide themselves that they don't want to be evolved into humans? You say nature created us. Well, bringing this topic a little further, who created nature? Did it just appear out of nowhere?

And did you just say that modern weapons are important to the world than faith? Oh my, I see a little evil dictator forming
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/9/09
both are flawed.
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/9/09

katherinezhao wrote:

I choose religion - faith in God had given me so much more than science could ever give me. I can live without technology and other shit because they're just worldly things (If those people back in the days could do it, why can't I?). I'd much prefer be spiritually well than indulging myself with something that could only pleasure me for a couple of hours. Who says that a person needs proof to believe. Do we see gravity? No, but we still believe in it. Or is gravity just fictional to you as well? How can you be so sure that God does not exist?

They say that humans evolve from chimps. Then shouldn't all chimps be humans by now? Why are there still chimps swinging around trees nowadays? Did they just suddenly decide themselves that they don't want to be evolved into humans? You say nature created us. Well, bringing this topic a little further, who created nature? Did it just appear out of nowhere?

And did you just say that modern weapons are important to the world than faith? Oh my, I see a little evil dictator forming


We do see gravitiy lol, when you drop a rock it and it falls down to the ground that is seeing gravitiy.
17615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / here. XP
Offline
Posted 2/9/09
science.
1009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/9/09

CptJackSwallows wrote:


katherinezhao wrote:

I choose religion - faith in God had given me so much more than science could ever give me. I can live without technology and other shit because they're just worldly things (If those people back in the days could do it, why can't I?). I'd much prefer be spiritually well than indulging myself with something that could only pleasure me for a couple of hours. Who says that a person needs proof to believe. Do we see gravity? No, but we still believe in it. Or is gravity just fictional to you as well? How can you be so sure that God does not exist?

They say that humans evolve from chimps. Then shouldn't all chimps be humans by now? Why are there still chimps swinging around trees nowadays? Did they just suddenly decide themselves that they don't want to be evolved into humans? You say nature created us. Well, bringing this topic a little further, who created nature? Did it just appear out of nowhere?

And did you just say that modern weapons are important to the world than faith? Oh my, I see a little evil dictator forming


We do see gravitiy lol, when you drop a rock it and it falls down to the ground that is seeing gravitiy.


That's not seeing gravity. Watching the rock being pulled down to the ground is seeing gravity in practice

..y'know, I have no idea what I just said. Nevermind the stuff about gravity (that was a blonde moment - excuse my 'hair-ist' joke), quote me if you have answers for the other questions I've put forward.

824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Gwydion
Offline
Posted 2/9/09
Ohohoho, so this is where you ran off to after squealing like a girl in the other poll.

Not to sound cruel, but I really hope that you experience some sort of trauma. Then you can decide for yourself, is science gonna help you with all the mental issues you have or religion (of course you can try praying to all those protons, neutrons and electrons but I doubt they're gonna work. You can try though. I've always prayed to God whenever I'm going through rough patch. Always worked for me). Not trying to convert but seriously, you really think that science can ever replace religion? Yeah, science gives us most of the material goods. We play games, go on the net and do whatever but I can't imagine my life without religion. How empty that must be? Religion gives us morals that we base the way we live our life. Without it, you can just go kill someone with your 'modern weapons' without thinking twice. Sure, there are some corrupt people out there who believe its their goal in life to force people into thinking that their religion is the right one - but you just can't base the entire subject on those crazy fools. They're just mental retards who need a smacking. And its not like science hasn't done any harm - caused all that damn pollution and fear in the world. [So basically - in what you're saying - science created the universe and now it's out to destroy it? Gosh, science sure doesn't like us...]

For me, I can only rely on science to an extent. That is, providing worldly luxeries for myself. Like I said before and I'm sure you must've forgotten: Religion isn't based on proof! It's based on faith and you obviously have zilch! If you have faith, who cares about proof? Science is all about proof, logic - finding the answers to little problems in life (which sometimes it fails to provide). Religion is finding the answers to the big problems - eg. what is my purpose in life? Forgiveness (which is apparently quite hard to do when someone had done something terrible to us)

Seriously, are you part of scientology?
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 2/9/09
idk wich one to choose i guess both
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/9/09

katherinezhao wrote:


CptJackSwallows wrote:


katherinezhao wrote:

I choose religion - faith in God had given me so much more than science could ever give me. I can live without technology and other shit because they're just worldly things (If those people back in the days could do it, why can't I?). I'd much prefer be spiritually well than indulging myself with something that could only pleasure me for a couple of hours. Who says that a person needs proof to believe. Do we see gravity? No, but we still believe in it. Or is gravity just fictional to you as well? How can you be so sure that God does not exist?

They say that humans evolve from chimps. Then shouldn't all chimps be humans by now? Why are there still chimps swinging around trees nowadays? Did they just suddenly decide themselves that they don't want to be evolved into humans? You say nature created us. Well, bringing this topic a little further, who created nature? Did it just appear out of nowhere?

And did you just say that modern weapons are important to the world than faith? Oh my, I see a little evil dictator forming


We do see gravitiy lol, when you drop a rock it and it falls down to the ground that is seeing gravitiy.


That's not seeing gravity. Watching the rock being pulled down to the ground is seeing gravity in practice

..y'know, I have no idea what I just said. Nevermind the stuff about gravity (that was a blonde moment - excuse my 'hair-ist' joke), quote me if you have answers for the other questions I've put forward.

oh evolution takes millenia so in 3 hundred years you may come across hairless chimps.
Who created god? if you want to look at it that way. How bout trelying on yourself to handle your own mental issues.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.