Created by Assault911
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
RELIGION VS SCIENCE
Posted 2/10/09
Science 'cuz I don't have a religion.
13987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
noth to be frank..i don't know...waa!
2480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Doha - Dubai - Do...
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
i choose religion <3
2320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

Sushi2080 wrote:

Ohohoho, so this is where you ran off to after squealing like a girl in the other poll.

Not to sound cruel, but I really hope that you experience some sort of trauma. Then you can decide for yourself, is science gonna help you with all the mental issues you have or religion (of course you can try praying to all those protons, neutrons and electrons but I doubt they're gonna work. You can try though. I've always prayed to God whenever I'm going through rough patch. Always worked for me). Not trying to convert but seriously, you really think that science can ever replace religion? Yeah, science gives us most of the material goods. We play games, go on the net and do whatever but I can't imagine my life without religion. How empty that must be? Religion gives us morals that we base the way we live our life. Without it, you can just go kill someone with your 'modern weapons' without thinking twice. Sure, there are some corrupt people out there who believe its their goal in life to force people into thinking that their religion is the right one - but you just can't base the entire subject on those crazy fools. They're just mental retards who need a smacking. And its not like science hasn't done any harm - caused all that damn pollution and fear in the world. [So basically - in what you're saying - science created the universe and now it's out to destroy it? Gosh, science sure doesn't like us...]

For me, I can only rely on science to an extent. That is, providing worldly luxeries for myself. Like I said before and I'm sure you must've forgotten: Religion isn't based on proof! It's based on faith and you obviously have zilch! If you have faith, who cares about proof? Science is all about proof, logic - finding the answers to little problems in life (which sometimes it fails to provide). Religion is finding the answers to the big problems - eg. what is my purpose in life? Forgiveness (which is apparently quite hard to do when someone had done something terrible to us)

Seriously, are you part of scientology?


Hi, I meet you again, I creat this forum cuz last time you & me argue if god exsits, as you see, many people choose science. We're in the new age now. I don't mind if you choose reIigion, but you can't proof god can exsits, be science can be proved. By the way, I am sorry by yeIIing at you, I am not they to insuIt you reIigion. Both reIigion and science are great too, without them, the worId probabIy dying. Now, Iet's talk niceIy.
ReIigion: Can't be proof, but many peopIe beIieve in it. ReIigion teaches we humans good mentals, even it never come true, but stiII good. Without reIigion, our mentaI wiII be reaIIy bad.
Science: Can be proof, boost the human intellengence, aIso, we need technoIogy to Iive in modern worId. But some peopIe just use science to creat some crazy weapons Iike atomic bomb, this is a reaIIy bad way to use science. But stiII, science is great.

ShouId I ask you a question?
Without the technology from science, how do you get onIine?
95 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / somewhere i dont...
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
I believe in science and thats bc i think its a little more believable that humans evolved from another species, rather than god just scooped up some dirt, called it a man, and stole one of his ribs and called it woman.
8389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / on top of a tree....
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09
religion. without religion, this world would be EXTREMELY screwed up. not that it isn't already screwed up. anyone against me?? cuz i'm ready to support my reason.
824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Gwydion
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

Assault911 wrote:


Sushi2080 wrote:

Ohohoho, so this is where you ran off to after squealing like a girl in the other poll.

Not to sound cruel, but I really hope that you experience some sort of trauma. Then you can decide for yourself, is science gonna help you with all the mental issues you have or religion (of course you can try praying to all those protons, neutrons and electrons but I doubt they're gonna work. You can try though. I've always prayed to God whenever I'm going through rough patch. Always worked for me). Not trying to convert but seriously, you really think that science can ever replace religion? Yeah, science gives us most of the material goods. We play games, go on the net and do whatever but I can't imagine my life without religion. How empty that must be? Religion gives us morals that we base the way we live our life. Without it, you can just go kill someone with your 'modern weapons' without thinking twice. Sure, there are some corrupt people out there who believe its their goal in life to force people into thinking that their religion is the right one - but you just can't base the entire subject on those crazy fools. They're just mental retards who need a smacking. And its not like science hasn't done any harm - caused all that damn pollution and fear in the world. [So basically - in what you're saying - science created the universe and now it's out to destroy it? Gosh, science sure doesn't like us...]

For me, I can only rely on science to an extent. That is, providing worldly luxeries for myself. Like I said before and I'm sure you must've forgotten: Religion isn't based on proof! It's based on faith and you obviously have zilch! If you have faith, who cares about proof? Science is all about proof, logic - finding the answers to little problems in life (which sometimes it fails to provide). Religion is finding the answers to the big problems - eg. what is my purpose in life? Forgiveness (which is apparently quite hard to do when someone had done something terrible to us)

Seriously, are you part of scientology?


Hi, I meet you again, I creat this forum cuz last time you & me argue if god exsits, as you see, many people choose science. We're in the new age now. I don't mind if you choose reIigion, but you can't proof god can exsits, be science can be proved. By the way, I am sorry by yeIIing at you, I am not they to insuIt you reIigion. Both reIigion and science are great too, without them, the worId probabIy dying. Now, Iet's talk niceIy.
ReIigion: Can't be proof, but many peopIe beIieve in it. ReIigion teaches we humans good mentals, even it never come true, but stiII good. Without reIigion, our mentaI wiII be reaIIy bad.
Science: Can be proof, boost the human intellengence, aIso, we need technoIogy to Iive in modern worId. But some peopIe just use science to creat some crazy weapons Iike atomic bomb, this is a reaIIy bad way to use science. But stiII, science is great.

ShouId I ask you a question?
Without the technology from science, how do you get onIine?


To answer your question, I'll just quote myself:


For me, I can only rely on science to an extent. That is, providing worldly luxeries for myself.

I'm sure you don't mean to insult religion as its your own belief - but to those who rely on it heavily as it gives them hope, faith etc wouldn't really like it if you continue to question the existence of God when religion is obviously not based on logic as science is.

40582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / At the edge of dr...
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
Is this a serious question..?
Ok, I guess it is.. lovely.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o)
61450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / hazardous world
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
religion

but science is useful to this modern world
2320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09

Sushi2080 wrote:


Assault911 wrote:


Sushi2080 wrote:

Ohohoho, so this is where you ran off to after squealing like a girl in the other poll.

Not to sound cruel, but I really hope that you experience some sort of trauma. Then you can decide for yourself, is science gonna help you with all the mental issues you have or religion (of course you can try praying to all those protons, neutrons and electrons but I doubt they're gonna work. You can try though. I've always prayed to God whenever I'm going through rough patch. Always worked for me). Not trying to convert but seriously, you really think that science can ever replace religion? Yeah, science gives us most of the material goods. We play games, go on the net and do whatever but I can't imagine my life without religion. How empty that must be? Religion gives us morals that we base the way we live our life. Without it, you can just go kill someone with your 'modern weapons' without thinking twice. Sure, there are some corrupt people out there who believe its their goal in life to force people into thinking that their religion is the right one - but you just can't base the entire subject on those crazy fools. They're just mental retards who need a smacking. And its not like science hasn't done any harm - caused all that damn pollution and fear in the world. [So basically - in what you're saying - science created the universe and now it's out to destroy it? Gosh, science sure doesn't like us...]

For me, I can only rely on science to an extent. That is, providing worldly luxeries for myself. Like I said before and I'm sure you must've forgotten: Religion isn't based on proof! It's based on faith and you obviously have zilch! If you have faith, who cares about proof? Science is all about proof, logic - finding the answers to little problems in life (which sometimes it fails to provide). Religion is finding the answers to the big problems - eg. what is my purpose in life? Forgiveness (which is apparently quite hard to do when someone had done something terrible to us)

Seriously, are you part of scientology?


Hi, I meet you again, I creat this forum cuz last time you & me argue if god exsits, as you see, many people choose science. We're in the new age now. I don't mind if you choose reIigion, but you can't proof god can exsits, be science can be proved. By the way, I am sorry by yeIIing at you, I am not they to insuIt you reIigion. Both reIigion and science are great too, without them, the worId probabIy dying. Now, Iet's talk niceIy.
ReIigion: Can't be proof, but many peopIe beIieve in it. ReIigion teaches we humans good mentals, even it never come true, but stiII good. Without reIigion, our mentaI wiII be reaIIy bad.
Science: Can be proof, boost the human intellengence, aIso, we need technoIogy to Iive in modern worId. But some peopIe just use science to creat some crazy weapons Iike atomic bomb, this is a reaIIy bad way to use science. But stiII, science is great.

ShouId I ask you a question?
Without the technology from science, how do you get onIine?


To answer your question, I'll just quote myself:


For me, I can only rely on science to an extent. That is, providing worldly luxeries for myself.

I'm sure you don't mean to insult religion as its your own belief - but to those who rely on it heavily as it gives them hope, faith etc wouldn't really like it if you continue to question the existence of God when religion is obviously not based on logic as science is.



Ok, you peopIe say god creat us, right? Then who creat god? It makes no sense. And how did god appear? Did you ever see a god before? I doubt it, no one ever see god before. Does science can be proof, yes. Does reIigion can be proof? nope. Proof it 1st.

Proof of Science
The human able to live because 3 importan facts.
Water / Sunlight / Oxygen
Can you Iive without breathing?
You wiII die instanIy.
Did you know what happen if the world is no sunIight?
The worId wiII be frozen, and you're an ice cube.
Can you Iive without Water?
You wiII dry up if you don't drink water.
What is gravity?
When you drop an appIe, it fell down the fIoor, this is gravity.

Explaination of Religion
The reIigions never come true, just peopIe creat it then beIieve in it.
Did someone ever seem a god before?
No.
Did someone ever give a proof of their own reIigion?
Never, they onIy trust their own reIigion bIindIy. They (incIue you) just beIieve that how great their god are. The reIigion beIievers never give a proof on it. Com'on, you have no proof.
Where is the god?
So peopIe reaIIy beIieve that god live in sky. But when you go up to sky, you wiII reach the outer space, no god in heaven.
Does magic exsits?
NEVER!

If you beIieve in reIigion then go to 100 B.C.E. and pray your god, I don't think you can find him. This is modern worId, science Iead us to the new age.

GIVE SOME PROOF THAT GOD EXSITS, DON'T JUST SAY HOW GREAT YOUR GOD ARE.
1904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / aBu dHabi
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
religion.
824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Gwydion
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

Assault911 wrote:

Ok, you peopIe say god creat us, right? Then who creat god? It makes no sense. And how did god appear? Did you ever see a god before? I doubt it, no one ever see god before. Does science can be proof, yes. Does reIigion can be proof? nope. Proof it 1st.

Proof of Science
The human able to live because 3 importan facts.
Water / Sunlight / Oxygen
Can you Iive without breathing?
You wiII die instanIy.
Did you know what happen if the world is no sunIight?
The worId wiII be frozen, and you're an ice cube.
Can you Iive without Water?
You wiII dry up if you don't drink water.
What is gravity?
When you drop an appIe, it fell down the fIoor, this is gravity.

Explaination of Religion
The reIigions never come true, just peopIe creat it then beIieve in it.
Did someone ever seem a god before?
No.
Did someone ever give a proof of their own reIigion?
Never, they onIy trust their own reIigion bIindIy. They (incIue you) just beIieve that how great their god are. The reIigion beIievers never give a proof on it. Com'on, you have no proof.
Where is the god?
So peopIe reaIIy beIieve that god live in sky. But when you go up to sky, you wiII reach the outer space, no god in heaven.
Does magic exsits?
NEVER!

If you beIieve in reIigion then go to 100 B.C.E. and pray your god, I don't think you can find him. This is modern worId, science Iead us to the new age.

GIVE SOME PROOF THAT GOD EXSITS, DON'T JUST SAY HOW GREAT YOUR GOD ARE.


Um, alright. You ask me to give you proof and yet when I ask you, you just ignore it. What a hypocrite. Of course, I will try my best to answer yours.

I'm sure that you are someone who have never studied religion or watched a religious movie or even picked up the bible before - am I correct? Because if you did, you wouldn't be asking those questions.

Yes, someone has seen God before and that person is Moses. If you have read his book, you would know. He had seen his figure through the burning bush - which still stands today in Egypt and he has also seen the back of his figure. God, Jesus etc was only recounted in Israel and He was their God. Egypt however served many gods other than Israel's God and yet they still recounted the Ten Plagues in their history. Huh...
Need more proof of my own religion? Alright. There's the multiple miracles that people all over the world have encountered. There's also the crying statue of Mary - wherever that is. However my own proof of religion is that whenever I'm in real need and prayed to God, He was always there to comfort me. I could feel Him protecting me and helping me to feel better. He gives me hope that things will turn out for the better. My family members have once prayed while speaking in tongue without realising it. Are you to say that all of this is made up? That my family members just suddenly made up another strange language?

God lives in heaven. Who is to say that heaven is up in the sky? Fool. You cannot reach Heaven unless you are dead of course. Don't tell me that people actually tried to get up there by a rocket ship because that is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Some people believe in reincarnation when they die and that's fine. I believe that our soul either goes to heaven or to hell.

I don't understand why it's so hard for you to just accept that I believe in God. So, I don't have concrete proof but like I said thousands of times before, religion doesn't need proof. And also, God was there right from the beginning. So yeah, if I go back to 100 BC, he'll be there. I serve God also, not just Jesus. I don't know who created God, he could have created himself coz I doubt God would have his own god.

And what is this new age you keep talking about?? You sound like a cult leader trying to recruit!

So now that I have answered your questions, will you answer mine? Your proof on science - who created all that?
14619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
science(:
2320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09

Sushi2080 wrote:


Assault911 wrote:

Ok, you peopIe say god creat us, right? Then who creat god? It makes no sense. And how did god appear? Did you ever see a god before? I doubt it, no one ever see god before. Does science can be proof, yes. Does reIigion can be proof? nope. Proof it 1st.

Proof of Science
The human able to live because 3 importan facts.
Water / Sunlight / Oxygen
Can you Iive without breathing?
You wiII die instanIy.
Did you know what happen if the world is no sunIight?
The worId wiII be frozen, and you're an ice cube.
Can you Iive without Water?
You wiII dry up if you don't drink water.
What is gravity?
When you drop an appIe, it fell down the fIoor, this is gravity.

Explaination of Religion
The reIigions never come true, just peopIe creat it then beIieve in it.
Did someone ever seem a god before?
No.
Did someone ever give a proof of their own reIigion?
Never, they onIy trust their own reIigion bIindIy. They (incIue you) just beIieve that how great their god are. The reIigion beIievers never give a proof on it. Com'on, you have no proof.
Where is the god?
So peopIe reaIIy beIieve that god live in sky. But when you go up to sky, you wiII reach the outer space, no god in heaven.
Does magic exsits?
NEVER!

If you beIieve in reIigion then go to 100 B.C.E. and pray your god, I don't think you can find him. This is modern worId, science Iead us to the new age.

GIVE SOME PROOF THAT GOD EXSITS, DON'T JUST SAY HOW GREAT YOUR GOD ARE.


Um, alright. You ask me to give you proof and yet when I ask you, you just ignore it. What a hypocrite. Of course, I will try my best to answer yours.

I'm sure that you are someone who have never studied religion or watched a religious movie or even picked up the bible before - am I correct? Because if you did, you wouldn't be asking those questions.

Yes, someone has seen God before and that person is Moses. If you have read his book, you would know. He had seen his figure through the burning bush - which still stands today in Egypt and he has also seen the back of his figure. God, Jesus etc was only recounted in Israel and He was their God. Egypt however served many gods other than Israel's God and yet they still recounted the Ten Plagues in their history. Huh...
Need more proof of my own religion? Alright. There's the multiple miracles that people all over the world have encountered. There's also the crying statue of Mary - wherever that is. However my own proof of religion is that whenever I'm in real need and prayed to God, He was always there to comfort me. I could feel Him protecting me and helping me to feel better. He gives me hope that things will turn out for the better. My family members have once prayed while speaking in tongue without realising it. Are you to say that all of this is made up? That my family members just suddenly made up another strange language?

God lives in heaven. Who is to say that heaven is up in the sky? Fool. You cannot reach Heaven unless you are dead of course. Don't tell me that people actually tried to get up there by a rocket ship because that is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Some people believe in reincarnation when they die and that's fine. I believe that our soul either goes to heaven or to hell.

I don't understand why it's so hard for you to just accept that I believe in God. So, I don't have concrete proof but like I said thousands of times before, religion doesn't need proof. And also, God was there right from the beginning. So yeah, if I go back to 100 BC, he'll be there. I serve God also, not just Jesus. I don't know who created God, he could have created himself coz I doubt God would have his own god.

And what is this new age you keep talking about?? You sound like a cult leader trying to recruit!

So now that I have answered your questions, will you answer mine? Your proof on science - who created all that?


But Moses is just a rumor, science have real proof. AIso, you won't find heaven, if you dead, you're going to be along with the ants & pIagues from underground. Or peopIe wiII burn your body. No such thing as afterlife. Anyway, your proof just a rumor, no one can proof religion in modern worId, but you can proof science. By the way, where you Iearn Moses and Jesus.
I can teII why you beIieve reIigion over science.
1)OId peopIe Iike you, granny, are trust reIigions. (You're 68 years old)
2)Cuz you're femaIe.
3)You're probabIy from some tribute or Iive inside the cave.
You said peopIe die then they can see god? Why don't you just sucuide then, then you go to your n00b heaven, when you see the god. Take a picture then return here, then I wiII trust you.
To answer your question - Science is the study of everything in the universe except for rumor and mentaI. AIso, humans wiII try to use spaceship to make a new coIony on Mars.
824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Gwydion
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09

Assault911 wrote:

But Moses is just a rumor, science have real proof. AIso, you won't find heaven, if you dead, you're going to be along with the ants & pIagues from underground. Or peopIe wiII burn your body. No such thing as afterlife. Anyway, your proof just a rumor, no one can proof religion in modern worId, but you can proof science. By the way, where you Iearn Moses and Jesus.
I can teII why you beIieve reIigion over science.
1)OId peopIe Iike you, granny, are trust reIigions. (You're 68 years old)
2)Cuz you're femaIe.
3)You're probabIy from some tribute or Iive inside the cave.
You said peopIe die then they can see god? Why don't you just sucuide then, then you go to your n00b heaven, when you see the god. Take a picture then return here, then I wiII trust you.
To answer your question - Science is the study of everything in the universe except for rumor and mentaI. AIso, humans wiII try to use spaceship to make a new coIony on Mars.


How do you know if there is no afterlife? Did someone die and come back as a ghost to inform you on that? If my proof is not good enough for you then obviously yours isn't either. Your statement has no backed up evidence. Science also has theories that cannot be proved also so what is to say that science is better than religion? Y'know, scientist have discovered that there was in fact a great flood a long time ago and it may be from the time of Noah's Ark. Aren't you in a pickle.

Your assumptions are ridiculous and very sexist.

I am not 68 as it is just a number to fool others and it has obviously worked on you.

What does being a woman have anything to do with religion? Isn't the Pope a man? Wasn't Jesus a man? Wasn't Muhammad (sp?) a man? Wasn't Buddha a man? All the priests, reverends and fathers a male. Are you trying to stereotype females that since we are feminine we lean more towards Jesus? I really don't understand what gender has anything to do with this. Age as well. Does it have to do with eras? You're not making any sense. You've gotta stop generalizing and open your bloody mind!

I do not live in a cave since I have the internet. Wasn't that a bit clear? Or are you just thinking that all religious people are cavemen/women?

I will not suicide because God has given me life and I don't want to take it for granted. Of course not all people are going to see God when they die, just the pure in heart etc. You'll probably rot in the ground and have worms & maggots as friends or just plainly burn in hell.

I know what science is. Your answer if very broad though. Probably won't get a full mark on your exam if you answered it like that. I'm not here for you to trust me - if you did that would be a miracle. I'm here to tell you to be more open minded about other people's religions. So I believe in God. So what? Why are you getting so worked up about it? Do you even know what religion means? It's not just people serving God. It could be an obsession a person could have or a strong set of values or beliefs they live by. A person living for money is also a religion and science could be yours.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.