First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Eugenic, Human enhancement, Transhumanism, etc.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

leviathan343 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:

i dont quite understand you...
mind rephrasing it?


There are a lot of things I could say in response to your ideas, but I would rather have a mature conversation about it.

So again, are there any parts about your argument I should respond to/challenge?


well, it is you who wants to respond to my ideas.... i do not know what part that you want to respond to, nor do i know what part am i suppose to have you to respond to...

well, all i have to say is that this utopian idea is possible to achieve...
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

AleeceNoTenshi wrote:


Alright thanks for clearing that part up, we were talking about that in class and there was a bit of confusion on that point.

So in other words, the modern approach is just as flawed as Hitlers,I'm going to continue on your cattle explanation, but basically even if you pick out the best from the cattle, the most intelligent, they wouldn't go in depth to see if it has some sort of disease or defects, but rather judge it by how 'productive' it is.

These day's... you could say that science is going too far. Although, they predict that years from now, probably when our time is forgotten or merely historical references, the human race would all be the same if races were to continue blending with other races. In other words, everyone would have a similar tannish skin tone, everyone would have the same 'defense' mechanism to certain diseases and at the same time would be vulnerable to other ones. Also, the 'superior' beings would have already mixed with the inferiors. So technically if they don't act soon, they may never have that opportunity for we would all be influenced by the exact same genes.


Yeah, "eugenics" is a pretty broad term and there's different ways of approaching that goal.

I agree; eugenics itself is a very controversial idea and I personally consider it flawed as it teaches people how to judge and create an ideology of elitism.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

o0James0o wrote:

well, all i have to say is that this utopian idea is possible to achieve...


You realize that you just demonstrated why it's not possible, right? Your selfish desire to make it work is just as strong as other people's selfish desire to not make it work, except the people who don't want it to happen are the ones who have the money and the power to make it happen. They aren't going to give up their money to the government to try and make everything "fair" because they are selfish and greedy.

Like I've said countless times, it won't work because people are selfish.
Posted 2/11/09
Impossible.

Being the humans that we are, egocentricity is basically a naturally given trait. Ignorance is sometimes a choice that is based on how committed we are in gaining imformation, which selfishness can also play a minor part in.

There's no one in their right mind that would give you the power to kill off the whole human race and construct a new one to suffice your own selfishness.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


o0James0o wrote:

well, all i have to say is that this utopian idea is possible to achieve...


You realize that you just demonstrated why it's not possible, right? Your selfish desire to make it work is just as strong as other people's selfish desire to not make it work, except the people who don't want it to happen are the ones who have the money and the power to make it happen. They aren't going to give up their money to the government to try and make everything "fair" because they are selfish and greedy.

Like I've said countless times, it won't work because people are selfish.


there is no such thing as impossible...

if we can enlighten the ignorant majority, those with wealth and power are nothing...

it is the fact that the ignorant majority always falls for propaganda... well, theyre ignorant and theyre foolish...

therefore, best way is to get into power myself and reform... though that might not happen in my lifetime, hence ill try to immortalize myself...
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

o0James0o wrote:

there is no such thing as impossible...


So it's impossible for impossibility to exist? I smell a paradox...


if we can enlighten the ignorant majority, those with wealth and power are nothing...


If people with huge armies of guys with guns and bombs is nothing, I'd hate to see what something looks like.



therefore, best way is to get into power myself and reform... though that might not happen in my lifetime, hence ill try to immortalize myself...


Good luck with that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.