First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
anime cr should licence
Posted 2/8/09

AnimeKami wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


AnimeKami wrote:


sherwin07 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


thats not the point. streaming at cr is better than downloading since streaming in 780p looks better than downloaded videos, also it will save you drive space and time to do it.
Also if they increase animes that befits the liking of people, lots will join the membership.




^^ this is h.264 downloaded


^^ this is 720p blu ray

this link http://www.thoranime.org/?p=685 has 1080p blu ray

don't tell me some stupid stream can beat blu ray

unless you come up with some arbitrary streaming site that has 1080p or 720 p blu ray streaming i'd stfu honestly i would literally stfu


roby55 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


not all ppl have big space on their pc..... + streaming 480/720 is enough for some of us ^^ +its legal when u watch it at cr


well what if no1 had big enough spaces? I doubt you just stay of cr to watch all your anime; i am sure you've been to other sites not like cr and who uploads them? people who download the anime.


And support internet anime piracy plus hurting the anime industry while we're at it? Or did you left that out deliberately?


wasn't the idea of the quote defending the fact that the quality of a stream cannot beat a downloaded one

What defense? All I see is someone supporting internet anime piracy and hurting the anime industry, by accessing illegal duplications of copyrighted & licensed anime medias. Otherwise, explain to us why THORAnime is releasing and distributing 1080p Blu Ray HD quality of anime, without getting legal consent from the anime copyright holders and licensees, without them committing copyright infringement!


i don't care about it being legit or not the main purpose to begin with is to prove that a dled anime has better quality than a streamed one

if you are so blindly committed to defend legal anime by all means do so and i applaud you for that

but don't be ignorant enough to stay with an anime being legal or non legal when the point of this to begin with is quality not legality

What's the quality of an illegal duplicate, with it's very existence is both disrespecting and dishonest of the original creators consent?


right.... save the philosophy for someone else who cares, being off subject trying to defend you cause for many threads now has been either successful/unsuccessful I do not know the case.

Your point has been made countless times why are you throwing your beliefs when it has no reliance to the subject at hand?

Is it that much to you and your character to defend the copyright of the anime companies? to make a point in every thread, when it has no place to be in?

If it feels better to make yourself sound right in front of the Internet community then feel free.

True that there are a lot of people who are like you and want to spread legal anime, but those people aren't spamming everywhere they see something to do with legal anime or what an anime has or will have.

Then they're nothing like me, for not speaking against injustice is the same as forfeiting one's right to fight for freedom. And there should be justice on the internet, otherwise the internet policy itself needs to change.
104083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/8/09


You'd be making a better effort towards talking to people in reall ife or working towards being an internet regulator instead
2334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 2/8/09
Why are people fighting over quality and legal issues when the thread is about anime cr should licence? Topic has derailed and crashed into a schoolbus filled with little children.
Posted 2/8/09

philosophia wrote:

Why are people fighting over quality and legal issues when the thread is about anime cr should licence? Topic has derailed and crashed into a schoolbus filled with little children.


Simple, basically when a certain user hears anything about illegality amongst anime in other threads....he feels an obligation to tell everyone about legality. He says its a freedom of speech, however in all terms of the word, the freedom of speech in these threads usually are to the restraints of what the topic mentions...which he ignores, he still says he has a right no matter what, you get into a pointless argument, and yea there ya have it....there soo needs to be more moderators who actually moderate (no offense to moderators but u guys have to agree with me to some extent )
13271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kauai, Hawaii, USA
Offline
Posted 2/8/09

AnimeKami wrote:


sherwin07 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


thats not the point. streaming at cr is better than downloading since streaming in 780p looks better than downloaded videos, also it will save you drive space and time to do it.
Also if they increase animes that befits the liking of people, lots will join the membership.




^^ this is h.264 downloaded


^^ this is 720p blu ray

this link http://www.thoranime.org/?p=685 has 1080p blu ray

don't tell me some stupid stream can beat blu ray

unless you come up with some arbitrary streaming site that has 1080p or 720 p blu ray streaming i'd stfu honestly i would literally stfu


roby55 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


not all ppl have big space on their pc..... + streaming 480/720 is enough for some of us ^^ +its legal when u watch it at cr


well what if no1 had big enough spaces? I doubt you just stay of cr to watch all your anime; i am sure you've been to other sites not like cr and who uploads them? people who download the anime.



You are comparing 720p to H.264, and i am not talking about the h.264 video quality instead i am talking about the 720p high definition streaming. if you have seen the 720p streaming, it looked more like the 1080p blue ray on your example. sure the higher the pixel the better the quality it would have. My point is not all downloaded videos have this much video quality, infact most (not all) of them look poor compared to high definition streaming. try the naruto sample to see it.
about the hard-drive spaces, since crunchyroll doesnt accept user uploaded videos, crunchyroll does all the uploads so this problem doesnt apply to users.
My final point is sure i have been to other sites to watch videos, this is due to the fact that crunchyroll only has a few anime series titles. This is why if crunchyroll adds more titles, maybe more people would want to be a supporter and stick to this site, which will eventually supports the anime industry, and thus helps prevent the anime industry to go bankrupt.
13271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kauai, Hawaii, USA
Offline
Posted 2/8/09

Skeithcruor wrote:


sherwin07 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


thats not the point. streaming at cr is better than downloading since streaming in 780p looks better than downloaded videos, also it will save you drive space and time to do it.
Also if they increase animes that befits the liking of people, lots will join the membership.


What do you mean it looks better? There's a lot more things you can do with downloaded stuff. I can't complain about drive space though. Speed? Do you know how long it takes to re-format a video and upload it? About an hour-two possibly longer.


for example if a 25 minutes video is less than 100mb in size, it is likely to have a bad quality compare to the 720p high definition. (try the naruto opening sample to compare).
As for your second point, it does take a lot of time to process the whole upload-reformat thing, however that problem doesnt apply to the user like you and me, since cr doesnt accept user uploaded videos, that is shinji and staff's problem not ours. what applies to the users: if you stream an already uploaded videos, you can watch it right away, however if you want to download it, it takes some waiting time for you to download a single video, probably 5+ minutes before you can actually watch it.
sure you can do a lot more thing about what you already downloaded, however if you already watched it, you are not likely to watch it over and over again since there are a lot of other animes that you could watch, therefore they become useless unless someone else will watch it or you delete them to recover space.
256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Where ever
Offline
Posted 2/8/09
hmmm...

Death Note, Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin, or Wolf's Rain... definetly all good series and I haven't finished Death Note yet so... let's go with the one I haven't finished then...
53556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / The great not so...
Offline
Posted 2/9/09

philosophia wrote:

Why are people fighting over quality and legal issues when the thread is about anime cr should licence? Topic has derailed and crashed into a schoolbus filled with little children.


yeah I'm starting to get annoyed a little myself everyone is going way off topic here why can't people just post on topic and leave without arguing, but then again I guess its impossible cause this is the internet V_V
104083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/9/09

sherwin07 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


sherwin07 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


thats not the point. streaming at cr is better than downloading since streaming in 780p looks better than downloaded videos, also it will save you drive space and time to do it.
Also if they increase animes that befits the liking of people, lots will join the membership.




^^ this is h.264 downloaded


^^ this is 720p blu ray

this link http://www.thoranime.org/?p=685 has 1080p blu ray

don't tell me some stupid stream can beat blu ray

unless you come up with some arbitrary streaming site that has 1080p or 720 p blu ray streaming i'd stfu honestly i would literally stfu


roby55 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


not all ppl have big space on their pc..... + streaming 480/720 is enough for some of us ^^ +its legal when u watch it at cr


well what if no1 had big enough spaces? I doubt you just stay of cr to watch all your anime; i am sure you've been to other sites not like cr and who uploads them? people who download the anime.



You are comparing 720p to H.264, and i am not talking about the h.264 video quality instead i am talking about the 720p high definition streaming. if you have seen the 720p streaming, it looked more like the 1080p blue ray on your example. sure the higher the pixel the better the quality it would have. My point is not all downloaded videos have this much video quality, infact most (not all) of them look poor compared to high definition streaming. try the naruto sample to see it.
about the hard-drive spaces, since crunchyroll doesnt accept user uploaded videos, crunchyroll does all the uploads so this problem doesnt apply to users.
My final point is sure i have been to other sites to watch videos, this is due to the fact that crunchyroll only has a few anime series titles. This is why if crunchyroll adds more titles, maybe more people would want to be a supporter and stick to this site, which will eventually supports the anime industry, and thus helps prevent the anime industry to go bankrupt.


your ignorance still blinds you?

your still saying this 720p streaming is good hd well no since the only option is 480

even if at 480 it ISN'T hd hell 1080p blu ray isn't even hd because it was ripped

and always all good downloaded videos are not blocky like crunchyroll you still call blocky videos hd?
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 2/9/09

Sokazu wrote:

hmmm...

Death Note, Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin, or Wolf's Rain... definetly all good series and I haven't finished Death Note yet so... let's go with the one I haven't finished then...


you can go with all of em if u wish
13271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kauai, Hawaii, USA
Offline
Posted 2/9/09 , edited 2/9/09

AnimeKami wrote:


sherwin07 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


sherwin07 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


thats not the point. streaming at cr is better than downloading since streaming in 780p looks better than downloaded videos, also it will save you drive space and time to do it.
Also if they increase animes that befits the liking of people, lots will join the membership.




^^ this is h.264 downloaded


^^ this is 720p blu ray

this link http://www.thoranime.org/?p=685 has 1080p blu ray

don't tell me some stupid stream can beat blu ray

unless you come up with some arbitrary streaming site that has 1080p or 720 p blu ray streaming i'd stfu honestly i would literally stfu


roby55 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

download the anime yourself -_- idiotic people and their streams >.>


not all ppl have big space on their pc..... + streaming 480/720 is enough for some of us ^^ +its legal when u watch it at cr


well what if no1 had big enough spaces? I doubt you just stay of cr to watch all your anime; i am sure you've been to other sites not like cr and who uploads them? people who download the anime.



You are comparing 720p to H.264, and i am not talking about the h.264 video quality instead i am talking about the 720p high definition streaming. if you have seen the 720p streaming, it looked more like the 1080p blue ray on your example. sure the higher the pixel the better the quality it would have. My point is not all downloaded videos have this much video quality, infact most (not all) of them look poor compared to high definition streaming. try the naruto sample to see it.
about the hard-drive spaces, since crunchyroll doesnt accept user uploaded videos, crunchyroll does all the uploads so this problem doesnt apply to users.
My final point is sure i have been to other sites to watch videos, this is due to the fact that crunchyroll only has a few anime series titles. This is why if crunchyroll adds more titles, maybe more people would want to be a supporter and stick to this site, which will eventually supports the anime industry, and thus helps prevent the anime industry to go bankrupt.


your ignorance still blinds you?

your still saying this 720p streaming is good hd well no since the only option is 480

even if at 480 it ISN'T hd hell 1080p blu ray isn't even hd because it was ripped

and always all good downloaded videos are not blocky like crunchyroll you still call blocky videos hd?


do you think all downloaded videos have the best quality? maybe only a very few percentage but not a lot. Also at least Cr hd streaming is way better than other streaming sites such as youtube or veoh. your the one who is being arrogant and ignorant. plus this isnt the only reason i chose streaming at cr, my other reason would be save drive space and time of download, and supporting the anime industry. before replying make sure you understand my point, otherwise get over it cause your too focused on the video quality which isnt only my concern, and which isnt very important. Since after you watch one video your likely not to watch it again.
If your just complaining, your just going off the topic since this thread is suppose to be: What anime should cr license, not some comparison between your so called video quality type that i dont know.
104083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/9/09 , edited 2/9/09

sherwin07 wrote:


do you think all downloaded videos have the best quality? maybe only a very few percentage but not a lot. Also at least Cr hd streaming is way better than other streaming sites such as youtube or veoh. your the one who is being arrogant and ignorant. plus this isnt the only reason i chose streaming at cr, my other reason would be save drive space and time of download, and supporting the anime industry. before replying make sure you understand my point, otherwise get over it cause your too focused on the video quality which isnt only my concern, and which isnt very important. Since after you watch one video your likely not to watch it again.
If your just complaining, your just going off the topic since this thread is suppose to be: What anime should cr license, not some comparison between your so called video quality type that i dont know.


such a hypocrite -_- you call me off topic when you replied to what i've stated in the first place, and call me off topic.... brilliant logic >.>

ok let me get this straight you are streaming this so called "HD" that is 720p you or rather your computer has to take all that data put it into ram and you've got your browser up which takes up more ram, now you've got to process the data from ram with your cpu. Also you have to take into account buffer time are you telling me your supposed hd video will load instantly?.... and not stop half way?

You are telling me youcan't download the video which just uses up cpu and hard drive space for one episode and put it into the recycle bin?

HD.... let me make this clear YOU CANNOT HAVE TRUE HD ON A FREAKING STREAMED VIDEO...

upscaled yes hd no upscale yes hd no....... upscale [ ] hd [ ]

and i can't watch anime when it is blocky it is like watching squares dancing around -_-

256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Where ever
Offline
Posted 2/9/09

wolfsaiga wrote:


Sokazu wrote:

hmmm...

Death Note, Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin, or Wolf's Rain... definetly all good series and I haven't finished Death Note yet so... let's go with the one I haven't finished then...


you can go with all of em if u wish


lol, that would be great
13271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kauai, Hawaii, USA
Offline
Posted 2/9/09

AnimeKami wrote:


sherwin07 wrote:


do you think all downloaded videos have the best quality? maybe only a very few percentage but not a lot. Also at least Cr hd streaming is way better than other streaming sites such as youtube or veoh. your the one who is being arrogant and ignorant. plus this isnt the only reason i chose streaming at cr, my other reason would be save drive space and time of download, and supporting the anime industry. before replying make sure you understand my point, otherwise get over it cause your too focused on the video quality which isnt only my concern, and which isnt very important. Since after you watch one video your likely not to watch it again.
If your just complaining, your just going off the topic since this thread is suppose to be: What anime should cr license, not some comparison between your so called video quality type that i dont know.


such a hypocrite -_- you call me off topic when you replied to what i've stated in the first place, and call me off topic.... brilliant logic >.>

ok let me get this straight you are streaming this so called "HD" that is 720p you or rather your computer has to take all that data put it into ram and you've got your browser up which takes up more ram, now you've got to process the data from ram with your cpu. Also you have to take into account buffer time are you telling me your supposed hd video will load instantly?.... and not stop half way?

You are telling me youcan't download the video which just uses up cpu and hard drive space for one episode and put it into the recycle bin?

HD.... let me make this clear YOU CANNOT HAVE TRUE HD ON A FREAKING STREAMED VIDEO...

upscaled yes hd no upscale yes hd no....... upscale [ ] hd [ ]

and i can't watch anime when it is blocky it is like watching squares dancing around -_-



those ram memory will be retrieved soon as you do something that needs more ram space. Ram isnt a problem now a days since computers can have lots of ram at a cheap price. as for saying you could always delete what videos you downloaded later on your pc, that does more job because you have to go to the process of downloading and deleting rather than watching it online where you just click a video and watch immediately.
as for system slow downs when you are watching a streamed hd videos, that didnt happen to me so far the video loads instantly no buffer waiting just like regular streaming does.
i am calling you off topic because you said " download it your self you idiotic people" this is suppose to be a thread about which animes should cr host. read my earlier posts at least i am on topic then you started talking about focusing about the video quality and ignoring my other points.
if you want more proof that i am on topic, read the second reply on page 1 of this thread.
Based on your way of talking your generalizing that all downloaded videos are hd quality, which is a big lie.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.