First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
A Failed Japanese Policy to Save The Dying Anime Industry, The Anime Textbooks
2082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sanctuary
Offline
Posted 2/12/09 , edited 2/12/09

lavendar wrote:

I don't actually believe the internet is as big a threat as is being portrayed. Look at CR it has become a platform from which companies can market and reduce piracy by streaming under license. I think the largest problem may actually be second hand sales IMO. If you think about it say 1 person purchases a series.

They then sell it on ebay, this second sale shows no profit to the company since it is not being purchased directly. That 2nd person then resells it. This makes 2 sales that the company does not see profit on and so forth. You get enough people doing that and the company is selling 1 copy for every actual 4 or 5 sales.

Of course, times are hard, so inexpensive is the way to go. if you can get a series that is normally retail $60 for $20 and you're looking to save money you'll go with the $20. Unfortunately, this means the next series that comes out ends up being $65 because they need to generate capital.

I purchase a mix depending on the size and ultimate cost of the series. My collection in anime totals well over $5,000. $3-4000 of which was purchase directly from distributors. The rest ebay, livejournal and what not. I do try to purchase as much as possible from distributors since anime is a love of both myself and my son and supporting the industry is appropriate. When looking that these statistics its important to keep some things in mind. Provided you are not living in say Tokyo. ( rental prices are a real pain there. My current apartment in the US in Tokyo would be about $3000 a month to rent) The cost of living in Japan is significantly lower than most places in the US.

Japanese CEOs UNLIKE the US are more likely to take a PAY cut first prior to pay cutting or laying off employees. Shocking yes but true. They have a social responsibility which is not found in the US. Believe me if the CEO of US companies had the social obligation to assist in finding work to the people they laid off there would be significantly less layoffs though that's beside the point. The industry won't die but like everything else consumer spending is down and that means profits are down. Even US distributors took a heavy loss this last quarter and are now cutting back on licensing budgets accordingly.


But before that there was a crisis here at CR about the licensing and deletion on videos. (didn't you notice the reuploading of all the videos?) Haven't you read the forums about it??? It's all over the internet news just last month ago. You haven't been updated lately on the news.

Not all of the CR members pay for the members fee. Estimating only about less than 4% roughly pay for it. About all of us use other site to stream the anime (and that's a fact)
Posted 2/17/09
How is it dying?
Have you seen the number of homosexuals that dick ride naruto?
668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/17/09 , edited 2/17/09
I got a question does other items that relate to the anime series help in balancing the money that is being lost? For example when one series came out such as Gundam and it sell toys, posters, models, etc did it help with the series gaining some money?
53556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / The great not so...
Offline
Posted 2/17/09

SeductiveGerbil wrote:

How is it dying?
Have you seen the number of homosexuals that dick ride naruto?


oh god as soon as read this I lol'd so hard I almost fell out of my chair. Thank you for the lolz!!!
1008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 2/17/09
The industry dieing... that's sad. :|
Posted 3/7/09

uhohimdead wrote:

domfortress what ru trying to achieve by making these threads?


don't worry about it friend...he just want attention cause he's definitely not getting it in the real world
Posted 3/7/09

mystic17 wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:

domfortress what ru trying to achieve by making these threads?


don't worry about it friend...he just want attention cause he's definitely not getting it in the real world
And you just replied to a post that's almost a month old. You sure you're not seeking attention yourself?
7354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
...i did not know the anime industry was dying
Posted 3/7/09

tamsheed3 wrote:

...i did not know the anime industry was dying
If it isn't, its future is still doubtful: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090304f1.html
7354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/8/09

DomFortress wrote:


tamsheed3 wrote:

...i did not know the anime industry was dying
If it isn't, its future is still doubtful: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090304f1.html


wow...."Anime-related profits in the United States, especially DVDs, are dwindling," ......so to me it looks like the internet is screwing anime over ....who would buy when u can get for free......but damn this is just kinda disheartening ......i grew up with anime.........i blame shitty fillers...... when i was a kid there were not that many fillers .....and if they were they were good.....not like the ones these days
657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Turkey
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
the future of condom industry is in doubt,too.
Posted 3/8/09

tamsheed3 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:
If it isn't, its future is still doubtful: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090304f1.html


wow...."Anime-related profits in the United States, especially DVDs, are dwindling," ......so to me it looks like the internet is screwing anime over ....who would buy when u can get for free......but damn this is just kinda disheartening ......i grew up with anime.........i blame shitty fillers...... when i was a kid there were not that many fillers .....and if they were they were good.....not like the ones these days
You can't just loose heart now, not when that news was only the tip of the iceberg compared to this:http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-474395/the-perverse-incentive-and-corrupted-mentality-of-todays-fansub-community/

But remember this, you must commit yourself to fight off the perverse incentive of misplaced fears, otherwise you will share the same fate of a collective mentality that's propelled by the same incentive behinds it.
7354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/8/09

DomFortress wrote:


tamsheed3 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:
If it isn't, its future is still doubtful: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090304f1.html


wow...."Anime-related profits in the United States, especially DVDs, are dwindling," ......so to me it looks like the internet is screwing anime over ....who would buy when u can get for free......but damn this is just kinda disheartening ......i grew up with anime.........i blame shitty fillers...... when i was a kid there were not that many fillers .....and if they were they were good.....not like the ones these days
You can't just loose heart now, not when that news was only the tip of the iceberg compared to this:http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-474395/the-perverse-incentive-and-corrupted-mentality-of-todays-fansub-community/

But remember this, you must commit yourself to fight off the perverse incentive of misplaced fears, otherwise you will share the same fate of a collective mentality that's propelled by the same incentive behinds it.


well damn man....that was a lot of reading.......seems like animes gonna be a distant memorie in less then 13 years .....again disheartening
Posted 3/8/09

tamsheed3 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:
You can't just loose heart now, not when that news was only the tip of the iceberg compared to this:http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-474395/the-perverse-incentive-and-corrupted-mentality-of-todays-fansub-community/

But remember this, you must commit yourself to fight off the perverse incentive of misplaced fears, otherwise you will share the same fate of a collective mentality that's propelled by the same incentive behinds it.


well damn man....that was a lot of reading.......seems like animes gonna be a distant memorie in less then 13 years .....again disheartening
It is unfortunate, but as long as you can still fight off those incentive and mentality, you'll be much better off than those who couldn't Have faith in your heart, for your strength is within it.

7354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 3/8/09

DomFortress wrote:


tamsheed3 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:
You can't just loose heart now, not when that news was only the tip of the iceberg compared to this:http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-474395/the-perverse-incentive-and-corrupted-mentality-of-todays-fansub-community/

But remember this, you must commit yourself to fight off the perverse incentive of misplaced fears, otherwise you will share the same fate of a collective mentality that's propelled by the same incentive behinds it.


well damn man....that was a lot of reading.......seems like animes gonna be a distant memorie in less then 13 years .....again disheartening
It is unfortunate, but as long as you can still fight off those incentive and mentality, you'll be much better off than those who couldn't Have faith in your heart, for your strength is within it.



im still gonna watch anime .....what i ment by disheartening was that ....is that anime does not seem to be doing as well as it used to
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.