First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Devastating fires in Victoria, Australia
Posted 2/10/09

CptJackSwallows wrote:


Being a retard and being ignorant tend to be very different things. You hope I die in a fire so I realise it is not laughing matter (ok sure that makes sense)

Sorry if I did not look at your statement and search for your "deeper" meaning.


Wow, again you make yourself seem retarded. OBVIOUSLY when I say "retard" I don't mean a disabled person who goes to the psych ward every so often. Do you have friends? If you do you'd know the common usage of retard (i.e. same usage as "dumbass"). I know the difference between intelligence and knowledge, I chose the word "retard" because it had the perfect connotation for someone like you. So yes, you are both stupid and ignorant (=dumbass). BTW, a lot of retards are ignorant despite the difference. HAHA retarded shit.

p.s. if it seemed like a deep meaning to you I begin to feel a lot of pity. Using implications isn't such a rare thing nowadays so unless you don't meet society often enough it should be obvious.
Posted 2/10/09
aww... it was sad looking at the dead animals
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
i tend to take things literally. I do not have friends based on personal experience. Calling me a dumb donkey really helps make your point more valid. What i said may have been ignorant but your argument comes across as immature because instead of using facts or proof to disapprove my claim you instead insult me and then further insult me for not finding your double meaning. you then tell me that you call your "friends" retards. Good luck surviving high-school and your welfare.
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
This situation looks exactly the same as fire in California last year. A lot of homes and trees were destroyed. It takes days for the fire to stop because the wind in CA kept blowing the fire caused fire to spread all over the cities.
Posted 2/10/09

CptJackSwallows wrote:

i tend to take things literally. I do not have friends based on personal experience. Calling me a dumb donkey really helps make your point more valid. What i said may have been ignorant but your argument comes across as immature because instead of using facts or proof to disapprove my claim you instead insult me and then further insult me for not finding your double meaning. you then tell me that you call your "friends" retards. Good luck surviving high-school and your welfare.


Okay, so you don't have friends. that's fine with me. btw yes, i do call my friends retards when they do something ignorant or make a mistake. How does that relate to my "survival" of high school? You idiot.

Btw, you calling me "immature" doesn't make my point less valid nor your point valid. My point was that you made an ignorant post and laughed at a tragedy which was extremely stupid. You shouldn't call other people "immature" when you're immature yourself, 18 years old and laughing at this tragedy? Calling other people immature? Hypocrite imo.
9935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / leaving planet earth
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
Pityful.If those people get out quicky,the casualities will not happen.
4327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / SoCal
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
My heart goes out for the people that are affected by the fires <3
i know how it feels cause i live in Cali and i have been affected by the 2007 wildfires.. =.=
Posted 2/10/09
may the bloody murderer who started the fire burn in hell...what a tragedy! those people didn't deserve to have such a fate...
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / yamaku
Offline
Posted 2/10/09


Those look delicious. Nbd, js
3549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
I don't see why people are dead...
:/ Wouldn't the people have already known that there was a fire danger - and be ready to evacuate if anything happens?
1118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / KOREA
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

courtknee wrote:

I don't see why people are dead...
:/ Wouldn't the people have already known that there was a fire danger - and be ready to evacuate if anything happens?


I think it was because of the strong winds, it blew the fire across very quickly and also because some towns the fire wasn't exactly near them so I think they thought it would be ok? Not sure...
2874 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Stuck between sle...
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

courtknee wrote:

I don't see why people are dead...
:/ Wouldn't the people have already known that there was a fire danger - and be ready to evacuate if anything happens?


These fires seemed to be on an entirely new scale though, yes there was almost no warning -because of the high winds, the ever present drought gripping the country and the heat wave that came through over the weekend with temperatures reaching 47°C (117 F). It's all very well and good playing the blame game and pointing fingers, asking why people weren't evacuated sooner but the fact is the biophysical conditions that drove the fires on at such a devastating speed was what gave people almost no time, not the inadequacies of government policies or ignorance of the citizens. Everyone knows the dangers of fire, we have a history of destructive bushfires and there's some every year, it's just these were faster. People were burnt alive in their cars trying to drive away, you can barely see in the smoke anyway and it can be awfully hard to grasp in the midst of all the chaos just how fast a wall of fire can move, you can't outrun or outdrive it...
The fire was going at a pace more than 120km/h... if you saw them 10km away they could be at your front door in the next minute! Plus fire travelling uphill moves faster again. Even if you were further away the radiant heat would still burn you. Long term preventatives like fire breaks, back burning, water tanks near houses and predetermined 'fire plans' can only put up a feeble little arm wrestle with something on this scale.
11236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

jonas047 wrote:

Pityful.If those people get out quicky,the casualities will not happen.


Your pathetic. Allot of people had little to no warning of the fires. Allot were merely hunted down by the flames as they fled. A car going 60km-100km (having to slow down due to corners etc) vs Fire that heads in a straight line going a constant 80km-120km. Who is going to win. From the results, the Fire won sadly.

Insulting anyone who died is just pathetic overall anyway
4578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / Christmas Island
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
howd the fire start
2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

qwertyuiopz wrote:

howd the fire start


Most of them were deliberatly lit. 2 have been confirmed being started by lightning strikes.

They caught some dickhead who started another fire last night.

OFF WITH THEIR HANDS AND FEET I SAY!









Oh and do you dumbasses know how quick fire actually spreads?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.