First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Is CR is going up or down?
25644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

DomFortress wrote:


x_md_x wrote:

CR has more anime membership but there's still people are moaning about CR and a few people has left do you think Shinji plan is going to work? do you think this plan is going to fail or be a success?

In my opinion I think that its going well but then it will go down =/

You need to understand that being a part of the anime industry, CR as an internet streaming & licensing company can only do so much as a website that streams legit anime straight from the anime industry. The problem is not how to release & distribute legit copyrighted & licensed anime over the internet, as CR and the rest of the anime industry had shown to us that it is a possibility. The real crisis is that a lack of respect & accountability from the anime fans worldwide, when they still refuse to support the anime industry and would rather steal from them via internet anime piracy.


You do understand we are in recessive times meaning that the consensus is save as much as you can. Not only that your generalizing in your statement by saying all anime fans have little respect for licensing agreements, sometimes peoples lives are circumstancial and they may not be able to pursue their interests in that rite.
1462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ThE DaRkNeeS WorlD
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
i think it's going down coz of the late ep and the video buffer is really suck if they just get back to the old video style it's godam good
3128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / US east coast
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
ok the whole idea of the "new" crunchyroll was good (u can watch anime almost as fast as the people in japan SUBBED!!)
the only thing is u have to pay and i can get the anime i wanna see almost as quickly for FREE so yea
epic fail
55 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / america
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
yah its a good idea, other then im paying a hefty amount of money for pretty much ONLY NARUTO SHIPPUDEN lets face it, i wouldnt watch nearly 9 out of 10 shows that they are offering on this site anymore, in my book i come here only when nothing else if left, i use to come here first then even veoh, but now crunchyroll is the equivalent to searching gofish.com for anime, this site is a real disgrace to me now, no longer good shows, new shows about once a week, who needs this place anymore? i got veoh still. maybe id pay money if they give me shows that are worth it, i can still google 1/2 the shoes here for free. and buddy respect for anime? i respect it by watching it, dont group me with u were all different because u feel u should pay them to watch it not all of us have extra cash for something that is UNNECesary, do you spend and extra 10 minutes to sort out all of your garbage for paper/metals/ non-biodegradeble to RESPECT mother earth everyday?
3376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
I don't see anything bad that's happening to this site, I say it's improving, it's already been decided that it would be run this way. Would you rather watch for free and have animation productions go bank-rupt or pay to watch and help the company produce more? Which one would you choose?
Posted 2/10/09

Bleachloverf wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


x_md_x wrote:

CR has more anime membership but there's still people are moaning about CR and a few people has left do you think Shinji plan is going to work? do you think this plan is going to fail or be a success?

In my opinion I think that its going well but then it will go down =/

You need to understand that being a part of the anime industry, CR as an internet streaming & licensing company can only do so much as a website that streams legit anime straight from the anime industry. The problem is not how to release & distribute legit copyrighted & licensed anime over the internet, as CR and the rest of the anime industry had shown to us that it is a possibility. The real crisis is that a lack of respect & accountability from the anime fans worldwide, when they still refuse to support the anime industry and would rather steal from them via internet anime piracy.


You do understand we are in recessive times meaning that the consensus is save as much as you can. Not only that your generalizing in your statement by saying all anime fans have little respect for licensing agreements, sometimes peoples lives are circumstancial and they may not be able to pursue their interests in that rite.

Personally, I'm getting rather bored hearing people throwing around the term "economic recession", without them even understand the meaning of the term and the cause of it. Our economy enters a state of recession because people in general don't want to spend any resources on getting much of anything. But that's no excuse for stealing anime without paying via internet anime piracy. Because obviously there are people who want anime and are getting it, but they won't pay for it. That's not economic recession, that's people in general lacking respect and accountability. They still want to be entertained, however not because the entertainment is good, but it's in fact cheap and low tech. And they'll get it through copyright infringement even though it's uncivil, immoral, disrespectful, criminal, and overall wrong.
25644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

DomFortress wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


x_md_x wrote:

CR has more anime membership but there's still people are moaning about CR and a few people has left do you think Shinji plan is going to work? do you think this plan is going to fail or be a success?

In my opinion I think that its going well but then it will go down =/

You need to understand that being a part of the anime industry, CR as an internet streaming & licensing company can only do so much as a website that streams legit anime straight from the anime industry. The problem is not how to release & distribute legit copyrighted & licensed anime over the internet, as CR and the rest of the anime industry had shown to us that it is a possibility. The real crisis is that a lack of respect & accountability from the anime fans worldwide, when they still refuse to support the anime industry and would rather steal from them via internet anime piracy.


You do understand we are in recessive times meaning that the consensus is save as much as you can. Not only that your generalizing in your statement by saying all anime fans have little respect for licensing agreements, sometimes peoples lives are circumstancial and they may not be able to pursue their interests in that rite.

Personally, I'm getting rather bored hearing people throwing around the term "economic recession", without them even understand the meaning of the term and the cause of it. Our economy enters a state of recession because people in general don't want to spend any resources on getting much of anything. But that's no excuse for stealing anime without paying via internet anime piracy. Because obviously there are people who want anime and are getting it, but they won't pay for it. That's not economic recession, that's people in general lacking respect and accountability. They still want to be entertained, however not because the entertainment is good, but it's in fact cheap and low tech. And they'll get it through copyright infringement even though it's uncivil, immoral, disrespectful, criminal, and overall wrong.


Well you really have never seen actual destitute people and you're some somewhat correct that infact its to our own doing of incompetency and the lack of regulating the credit markets. Yes they're are some people who lack respect but not everyone is don't categorical put everyone who watches anime illegally in one fallacious category. Once again as I have to be the repetitor that not everyone can afford anime but I do agree with you that yes their are some people who do impart are corrupt.Lethargy and the sentiment of getting everything easy is what defines today's society, so what you are saying can be accounted for most things in the 21st century.
329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Romania Timisoara
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
if u talk about marketing is going well for the moment..god knows what will happen when naruto will be over
but if u talk about how many people visit this site i think under 40% from the original members
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09
It is no surprise that the users have declined over the last month. Crunchyroll is restructuring itself. In the short term it is doing okay. The long term is what counts.
84187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
US
Online
Posted 2/10/09
Compare to how CR was when I first joined, it's going down with all these licensing.
1820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
i think it will go down because many people will find other sites that they can use to watch anime because that's what i had to do because i had to w8 longer than usual to watch anime many people will get bored with this
102489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paradise⌒☆
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09
I think there's already too many threads on this topic.

However, the only way something can get better is by starting from the beginning. CR will add more shows and it'll be better than what it was. I see this thread resulting in spam/flame wars. It should be locked.
906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / okaloma sault st...
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

zane14785 wrote:

Going up now CR is legit, it only needs more series to be added. Shinji said earlier his trying his best to add more shows.


i disagree,sure it may have a lot of series legibility but many of the animes that are on here i can get the same day subbed on a different site. Furthermore if the site losses traffic it will die.
7466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

Cyberloard wrote:


zane14785 wrote:

Going up now CR is legit, it only needs more series to be added. Shinji said earlier his trying his best to add more shows.


i disagree,sure it may have a lot of series legibility but many of the animes that are on here i can get the same day subbed on a different site. Furthermore if the site losses traffic it will die.



CR gets the episodes faster no reason for me to go to those crappy fan sites.

And why would i go to another site when the series is already here.
19704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Northwest
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
Well it's going down I guess, alot of people leaving, but also alot of people coming because of naruto.But I say, give shinji some time and things will get better, too early to give up on this site just yet.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.