First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Homophobia
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09
This is in relation to the use of homophobia as a term.
First thing first a phobia is a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.

and a bigot is a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Now if you dislike homosexuals why are you not called a bigot but a homophobe?

Has society developed this term so that abuse towards homosexuals can be ignored or made light of?

Edit: typo
Posted 2/10/09
Yes , if one dislikes homosexuals , then he or she is called a bigot . He or she is only
a homophobe if he or she is afraid of homosexuals . I thought the homophobe part was common
sense . I guess not . It shouldn`t called common sense if it`s not common .

Anyway , maybe some people are afraid of homosexuals although I don`t see any reason
for them to be afraid .
25644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

snow-chibi wrote:

Yes , if one dislikes homosexuals , then he or she is called a bigot . He or she is only
a homophobe if he or she is afraid of homosexuals . I thought the homophobe part was common
sense . I guess not . It shouldn`t called common sense if it`s not common .

Anyway , maybe some people are afraid of homosexuals although I don`t see any reason
for them to be afraid .


*cough rightists ideologue cough*
Posted 2/10/09

Bleachloverf wrote:

*cough rightists ideologue cough*


Shaddup . Aren`t you supposed to put a comment here anyways ?
Posted 2/10/09
Homophobia. I don't know but I assume that you don't know how it's being spelled since you typoed it twice.

Well, generally speaking, when one's a homophobic then that doesn't mean that he's a bigot. It's just, that homosexuality may be a completely new field for him. Something they've never encountered before, and people tend to fear new things or things they do not understand. So logically, there are people who are homophobic because it (generally speaking homosexuals represent a minority and were never prevalent in any societies, at least not to my knowledge, and then the religious dogmas which forbid the act of homosexuality made the fear against homosexuality even bigger - considering it a social stigma) seems unnatural to them.

Really, I believe people just need to get used to it now that more and more people are outing themselves as homosexuals. For most it's still not a common sight and might eventually deter them from this new social occurrence. But people will eventually get used to it, or learn to accept it, although there will always be bigots around the globe who WON'T accept it. But the same goes for racial differences; i.e. racism.

It just needs time, imo.
25644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
two words.......Fudge pack.
1181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / heterotopia
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

Bleachloverf wrote:

two words.......Fudge pack.


fudge pack?


presumably made by a fudge packer

1461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

CptJackSwallows wrote:

This is in relation to the use of homophobia as a term.
First thing first a phobia is a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.

and a bigot is a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Now if you dislike homosexuals why are you not called a bigot but a homophobe?

Has society developed this term so that abuse towards homosexuals can be ignored or made light of?

Edit: typo


so...you're telling me that im not a homophobe, im a homobigot.

but homophobe has a nicer ring to it....
25644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

two words.......Fudge pack.


fudge pack?


presumably made by a fudge packer



yea I love my maple fudge don't you?
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
im a homophobe
1181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / heterotopia
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

two words.......Fudge pack.


fudge pack?


presumably made by a fudge packer



yea I love my maple fudge don't you?


do i love your maple fudge? hmmm this is becoming more like this thread http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-357090/Cyber-sex.html
25644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/09 , edited 2/10/09

zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

two words.......Fudge pack.


fudge pack?


presumably made by a fudge packer



yea I love my maple fudge don't you?


do i love your maple fudge? hmmm this is becoming more like this thread http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-357090/Cyber-sex.html

no I don't have a venerial disease.
damn blow up dolls are my preference but hey thats just me.
1181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / heterotopia
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

two words.......Fudge pack.


fudge pack?


presumably made by a fudge packer



yea I love my maple fudge don't you?


do i love your maple fudge? hmmm this is becoming more like this thread http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-357090/Cyber-sex.html

no I don't have a venerial disease.
damn blow up dolls are my preference but hey thats just me.


there is something to be said for a girlfriend that doesn't disagree and doesn't need to have flowers, a meal and a movie to "get in the mood"



25644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

two words.......Fudge pack.


fudge pack?


presumably made by a fudge packer



yea I love my maple fudge don't you?


do i love your maple fudge? hmmm this is becoming more like this thread http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-357090/Cyber-sex.html

no I don't have a venerial disease.
damn blow up dolls are my preference but hey thats just me.


there is something to be said for a girlfriend that doesn't disagree and doesn't need to have flowers, a meal and a movie to "get in the mood"



oh nice triple Z sized .......Hopefully this isn't used because if its from Gene simmons me don't want.

1181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / heterotopia
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:


zecks_marquise wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

two words.......Fudge pack.


fudge pack?


presumably made by a fudge packer



yea I love my maple fudge don't you?


do i love your maple fudge? hmmm this is becoming more like this thread http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-357090/Cyber-sex.html

no I don't have a venerial disease.
damn blow up dolls are my preference but hey thats just me.


there is something to be said for a girlfriend that doesn't disagree and doesn't need to have flowers, a meal and a movie to "get in the mood"



oh nice triple Z sized .......Hopefully this isn't used because if its from Gene simmons me don't want.



haha i imagine if gene simmons had implants he would probably look like al ot like this
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.