First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Speak Out: Filipino-American Debate
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 2/12/09
Does this apply to Filipinos overseas but not in the US? Sounds like its dealing with the same issues. I guess the show is a little myopic. There are just as many Filipinos elsewhere.
Posted 2/12/09

projectcedric wrote:

Does this apply to Filipinos overseas but not in the US? Sounds like its dealing with the same issues. I guess the show is a little myopic. There are just as many Filipinos elsewhere.


i think so..it also apply here in canada
Posted 2/12/09 , edited 2/12/09
Pinoy ka ba, that's "are you filipino" right? ^^ Did I get it right?

Well if Filipinos do have too much pride, I can't say I completely blame them. I know a girl on here (who's name I will not mention and she is very lucky I won't) who said Filipinos are the worst Asians. That's got to really hurt, people. I mean I don't feel that it's true, that's still a horrible thing to say. And the fact that there are people who really feel that way is sad.
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 2/12/09
Its amusing how people from other cultures come to the usa to start a new life and such and they bring there culture with them then they get all butt hurt when others dont agree with there views or like how they do things LOL.
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 2/12/09

flourlove wrote:

Pinoy ka ba, that's "are you filipino" right? ^^ Did I get it right?

Well if Filipinos do have too much pride, I can't say I completely blame them. I know a girl on here (who's name I will not mention and she is very lucky I won't) who said Filipinos are the worst Asians. That's got to really hurt, people. I mean I don't feel that it's true, that's still a horrible thing to say. And the fact that there are people who really feel that way is sad.


Filipinos are the worst Asians. And sometimes, we are the best too. Its just a matter of when. The hardest part is dealing with the contradicting identity crisis
21311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/12/09
<.<''... another filipino thread
284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 2/12/09
cool...
14477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 2/12/09
@FOB: WTF are they talking about...FOB is referring to Chinese. Filipinos didn't come from boats!...
7290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/12/09 , edited 2/12/09
im not a filipino.... but i find this forum very informative and interesting =D
btw... someone from the chat (i forgot her username) told me that filipinoes sorta look like black americans but a lil shorter in height .. i dont really know about that...
Posted 2/12/09 , edited 2/12/09
My parents beat the hell out of me. It's not new
My father says, "I'd rather kill you than spread bad influence outside this house."
"I can't remember raising a horrible child like you."
For me, it's how my father implements discipline among family members.


I need to pass all my subjects this year or else...
Posted 2/12/09
I'm so going to be a naturalized citizen this upcoming last week of February.
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Vegas yeaaa!!
Offline
Posted 2/12/09 , edited 2/12/09

negimaneo wrote:

im not a filipino.... but i find this forum very informative and interesting =D
btw... someone from the chat (i forgot her username) told me that filipinoes sorta look like black americans but a lil shorter in height .. i dont really know about that...


your internet buddies dont get out much>.> and obviously you dont either, if you dont know how filipinos look like... i mean come on, they are everywhere in the world especially in california >.> all my filipino friends look thai or malaysian and a couple look chinese. and a couple of them in school look spanish.
7290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/12/09

fairydaylite wrote:


negimaneo wrote:

im not a filipino.... but i find this forum very informative and interesting =D
btw... someone from the chat (i forgot her username) told me that filipinoes sorta look like black americans but a lil shorter in height .. i dont really know about that...


your internet buddies dont get out much>.> and obviously you dont either, if you dont know how filipinos look like... i mean come on, they are everywhere in the world especially in california >.> all my filipino friends look thai or malaysian and a couple look chinese. and a couple of them in school look spanish.


fyi. we always go outside to have fun... malls, school, and other places.. =-=
its just that there are only few filipinoes here in LA... but i had 1 filo friend but she looks more like an american to me....
the only place where i know many filoes go is cr...
28434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Lee Min Ho's mansion
Offline
Posted 2/12/09
proud to be a filipino!
Posted 2/14/09

FatedEmperor wrote:

@FOB: WTF are they talking about...FOB is referring to Chinese. Filipinos didn't come from boats!...


thats true... Fresh off the boat..
i dont really get that one too..haha...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.