Created by crasyjak
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Do You think 2PAC is in the TOP 5 best rappers EVER?
Fan
677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The land of the g...
Offline
Posted 2/21/09
Yup totally right !!! im not discussing anymore i said it before .... now om only agreeing with Raja Cheers
Fan
4849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / south london
Offline
Posted 2/21/09 , edited 2/21/09
[



I'll concede this fight because hell I can't win against no one whom glorifies Tupac


gd point :P
nah, i joke...... politics depends on perception... i wouldnt say he was an activist...but a speaker, or rather someone who spoke on political and social issues abit

bu anyway, how could u not like his flow??? how??? and its notlike he had 1 flow, he touched alot of different beats at many different tempos.... to whoever said it... what flow are u talkin about...."hail mary".... "toss it up"..... "words of wisdom" "thug style".......?
which flow didnt u like???
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 2/21/09

raja613 wrote:


crasyjak wrote:


raja613 wrote:


sergio wrote:


raja613 wrote:

Ya'll niggas blowin Tupac up to be Barack Obama it seems.



i cn actually say obama hasnt influenced anybody i know
black president,yh yh , gd times, but what were u doin when he won the election and when he moved into the white house?
i as listenin to pac writin lyrics.....
and a bag of people i know who were celebratin when he won, the nxt day they were back sellin drugsscreamin tht f the police shit....
but that is a whole different debate


I will give you the fact that yes, nigga returned to their same old ways after we elected a black president......I knew that was gonna happen......but as you say that is another convo. But my main point is just that he was an entertainer.......that's it! Nothing more......not a philosopher, not a revolutionary, not a political activist.......he was a rapper and his effect on the black community is the same as any other rapper.

By the way.....i'm not trying to disrespect 2Pac (RIP) but I can't stand it when people blow him up into this deity like we sometimes do with rappers its tiresome and sad, seeing that our role models are rappers. I liked Tupac's songs he was indeed a great rapper and entertainer but nothing more.


urrrgh so sad, so wrong, so long,

ok NUMBER 1... how in the hell can you NOT be a social/political activist when you were raised in the Black Panthers as a kid in the 60-70s, his mom & step dad? were Black Panthers....

but honestly.... watch any of these documentaries... Thug Immortal, Thug Angel, or Tupac resurrection...

ok im done now


Great point........not really...........its an awful point can we look at the great example as to why not all minister's/ pastors children aren't ministers or pastors...........just because you were raised one way doesn't mean you are DESTINED to be a certain thing.....you know that, my parents are Muslim yet I chose to explore different religions for me.......what direct political action has that nigga taken? None? What has Tupac done besides sell records??????? Nothing.............I'll concede this fight because hell I can't win against no one whom glorifies Tupac


watch his documentarys....................... THE END
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 2/21/09 , edited 2/21/09

sergio wrote:

[



I'll concede this fight because hell I can't win against no one whom glorifies Tupac



gd point :P
nah, i joke...... politics depends on perception... i wouldnt say he was an activist...but a speaker, or rather someone who spoke on political and social issues abit

bu anyway, how could u not like his flow??? how??? and its notlike he had 1 flow, he touched alot of different beats at many different tempos.... to whoever said it... what flow are u talkin about...."hail mary".... "toss it up"..... "words of wisdom" "thug style".......?
which flow didnt u like???


she doesnt listen to 2pac hardly. Most ppl who never got into 2pac while he was alive probably only know of 2pac when he was with Death Row.... its sad
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 2/22/09
yes i've heard tupac my boyfriend loves tupac just like ya'll.............he's alright in my book
Fan
2446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 2/22/09 , edited 2/22/09
Whoa whoa whoa. First off, I was listening to 2pac and the Notorious while they were alive and bumping. And seriously, 2pac was not just some other rapper doing it for the glory. If you think that, you're foolishly misconstruing his being. He was for the people (Keep Ya Head Up), he was for the gangstas (Thug's Mansion), he was for the niggas that knew that fucked up in life (Dear Mama), he was for the people, he was for rap. And crasyjak, I didn't know his parents were in the Black Panthers. I'm still curious if members are still alive and where they are but that's a different topic (also to raja, being Muslim or not, you're you. You choose your own path, no one else, no excuses. You're old enough to know that). Don't underrate 2pac, that'd be your 1st mistake but at the same time, don't overrate him too much because to me, he was and still is "rap music", the "father" of rap. There were probably older rappers who might've been better, who knows? But I thought of 2pac as original. He's just describing his multiple lives. I'm just really curious in who was 2pac's influence, who got him into rapping, who he looked up to cause he wrote these songs for a reason whether it's his life, past experiences, opinions or if it's personality or that's just the way he was, whatever. The mind behind the mind. We kinda drifted off topic but my opinion still stands. 2pac's either #1 or #2 on my list cause the great debate of 2pac vs B.I.G will always be unresolved.
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 2/23/09
This morning... 1 of my friends said that 2pac 1. wasnt a great rapper.... & 2. said that T.I. is the modern day 2pac......... what insults?

and on top of his mom being a Panther, she later became a dope fiend..... 2Pac is the best person ive ever heard put theyre life in a full spectrum on record.... (tied w/ eminem)
Superstar Artist
3599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 2/23/09
Jak, you're the biggest Tupac dickrider on this site. Admit it?

But on a more serious note, you're friend is dumb anyway. How the hell r u gonna diss Tupac then compare TI's ass to him? I wonder what your homie thinks about Biggie then
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 2/23/09
It doesnt matter she dont like Lupe just becuz he wanted to make 3 albums & quit..... she doesnt like Chamillionaire just becuz he's an ugly Nigerian.... so its quite clear her opinions dont count for shit...
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 2/24/09 , edited 2/24/09

crasyjak wrote:

It doesnt matter she dont like Lupe just becuz he wanted to make 3 albums & quit..... she doesnt like Chamillionaire just becuz he's an ugly Nigerian.... so its quite clear her opinions dont count for shit...


CHAMILLIONAIRE IS NIGERIAN?????????
So let me get this straight to be a great rapper is to put your life on display like tupac and eminem? Maybe its just cuz ya'll so young and you don't know much about past rappers and thats why Tupac resonates with so many people...................who knows

what is the official definition of a great rapper that we can all agree on?

Longevity
Flow
Personal Strife
Record Sells
What?
Because it seems like ya'll just jumped on the boat where everybody thought he was the greatest after his death..........no need to watch his bio.......because I did a report on Tupac he was a normal smart man......nothing else
Fan
2446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 2/24/09 , edited 2/24/09
Great rappers know that it's about the music. That's why he wrote the songs he wrote, rapped the songs he rapped. Most rappers just put in fillers (so did Pac) but he shows that he had honor, ethics, morals unlike more than half the rappers that ever touched a mic despite his gangster/gangsta background. The world now is mostly low blows, sucker punches, cheap shots and backstabbing. But yo, people forgot about his music so whatever. Let this nonsense ride. And raja you're acting like you're the only one that did a bio on 2pac. Try like half my high school with a population of about 4000 kids but whatever. People forget and are forgotten.
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 2/24/09 , edited 2/24/09
and 2pac wasnt JUST a rapper as a job, 2pac worked his ass off, the same way lil' wayne is now, constantly in the studio making music. Why do you think he has so many albums after death... look how many albums B.I.G. has after his death.

I dont want to be repetitive but Kirby, sergio & I have already listed many other reasons


and JUST to show the difference between 2pac & gangsta rappers after him

even tho 2pac was rich & gangsta & the whole 9.... he could still make music for all people to REALLY relate to. 2pac didnt do alot of that bullshit i got more money than you, look how rich i am.... now how many gangsta rappers can you name after 2pac that dont do that....

Crasyjak's list of gangsta rappers that DONT rap about bullshit materialism all the time
1. (still thinking.... it might take me a few years....)





CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 2/24/09 , edited 2/24/09

raja613 wrote:


crasyjak wrote:

It doesnt matter she dont like Lupe just becuz he wanted to make 3 albums & quit..... she doesnt like Chamillionaire just becuz he's an ugly Nigerian.... so its quite clear her opinions dont count for shit...


CHAMILLIONAIRE IS NIGERIAN?????????
So let me get this straight to be a great rapper is to put your life on display like tupac and eminem? Maybe its just cuz ya'll so young and you don't know much about past rappers and thats why Tupac resonates with so many people...................who knows

what is the official definition of a great rapper that we can all agree on?

Longevity
Flow
Personal Strife
Record Sells
What?
Because it seems like ya'll just jumped on the boat where everybody thought he was the greatest after his death..........no need to watch his bio.......because I did a report on Tupac he was a normal smart man......nothing else


Hakeem Seriki (born November 28, 1979),[1] better known by his stage name Chamillionaire. His family were immigrants from Nigeria. wikipedia

In this discussion i dont feel anyone's age influences their opinions about 2pac & like a breifly explained in the post directly above this one.... alot of people truly could identify with what Pac said because he was such a well rounded rapper.
I personally dont truly feel T.I. when he's rapping about trappin & shit... cuz i dont do that shit, dont wanna do it eithr, I cant truly feel Chuck D all the time when he gets on all that political reformation stuff cuz I dont care about that stuff to that degree & i rarely even think about politics. 2pac would say some shit that i would personally adopt to my mannor of thinking. ..... i grow weary of typing... i got a quiz to take


my post from page 1

BUT if any of you think 2Pac IS NOT TOP 10... at the very least... Name the most well rounded Rappers in your opinion

CRITERIA

-Lyrics (which cover everything from song content to rhyme scheme)

-Delivery (level of energy/emotion they provoke)

-Level of Fame/Respect (are they known just in they city or around the world)

-Timelessness (can this rapper's music stand the test of time or are they just another 1 hit wonder)

any else....?

AND REMEMBER COME UP WITH 5 NAMES .... if u can
Fan
677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The land of the g...
Offline
Posted 2/24/09

crasyjak wrote:

and 2pac wasnt JUST a rapper as a job, 2pac worked his ass off, the same way lil' wayne is now, constantly in the studio making music. Why do you think he has so many albums after death... look how many albums B.I.G. has after his death.

I dont want to be repetitive but Kirby, sergio & I have already listed many other reasons


and JUST to show the difference between 2pac & gangsta rappers after him

even tho 2pac was rich & gangsta & the whole 9.... he could still make music for all people to REALLY relate to. 2pac didnt do alot of that bullshit i got more money than you, look how rich i am.... now how many gangsta rappers can you name after 2pac that dont do that....

Crasyjak's list of gangsta rappers that DONT rap about bullshit materialism all the time
1. (still thinking.... it might take me a few years....)







Bla Bla Bla... in your opinion 2pac is an Hero.... We just have a clear vision that u can be a Hero but that doesnt have to say
u are a good rapper... As raja said before he is just 1 of the Gangsta rappers... He didnt invent it he only took part in it...
And as for Lil wayne lol he might work hard but that clown has nothing to do with hip hop lol.....
2 pac counts for me to hip hop off course but dont mention wayne he got nothing to do with all this he get too much credit to be named beside 2pac...

There were soo many West coast G funk rappers.... and quite same rap skills as 2 pac but didnt have this shiny hollywood career... but still the best Mc's DO NOT COME FROM THE WEST COAST

My top 5:

Kool G Rap
Big Daddy Kane
Rakim
Ed Og
Krs One

Altough in my opinion these are the top5 rappers.... im more fan of Groups instead of solo artists !!!!!!!!
and i dont give a Fuck who is Best..... Mostly i listen to underrated stuff or Groups that perhaps made 1 or 2 albums.....
and to specific songs they made... THERE IS NOT 1 ARTIST GROUP I CAN NAME FROM WICH I LIKE ALL THE SONGS...
as long as it is BOOMING in my SYSTEM im down with it.......

2Pac does not BOOM in My system the combinations between rap and music isnt my style ... i know a handfull of other west coast artists i dig 1000times over 2pac...... Fuck the message they have(for me this is not a requirment for good raps as long as they are good in the flow)........ if it sounds rite im Down!!
Fan
548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Here and there
Offline
Posted 3/31/09
Tupac talked about things that happens in an average person's life everyday. He understood that everyone isn't rich, has fancy cars, or can go out and party every night. In my opinion that's why lots of people can relate to him.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.