First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
Post Reply Abortion
Posted 6/14/07
SumireHinata's post.

^That's a different story. Although there's something called the day after pill, not everyone knows about it. If I was raped, I wouldn't get an abortion, but I can sympathize with those who do.

However, what about the mental and physical side effects of having an abortion that can harm the mother? People keep saying, well it's her body (which I disagree with), but do they realize by having an abortion the mother is putting her body at risk? People usually skip over these facts.

Posted 6/14/07

lumiina wrote:

SumireHinata's post.

^That's a different story. Although there's something called the day after pill, not everyone knows about it. If I was raped, I wouldn't get an abortion, but I can sympathize with those who do.

However, what about the mental and physical side effects of having an abortion that can harm the mother? People keep saying, well it's her body (which I disagree with), but do they realize by having an abortion the mother is putting her body at risk? People usually skip over these facts.




that maybe true buuttt you have to look @ it from this perspective....whatever risk they may take by having it in their minds with out a doubt outweigh the risks of parent hood and pregnancy as a whole.

Trevor (OP)
Posted 6/14/07
^Possibly, but I feel most women don't know the risks of having an abortion. Do you know the risks?

Oh and another thing, SumireHinata, 93% of abortions according to statistics are due to not rape, nor health risks of the baby or mother, but because of social reasons such as a couple feeling they're not ready for a baby.
Posted 6/14/07

lumiina wrote:

^Possibly, but I feel most women don't know the risks of having an abortion. Do you know the risks?

Oh and another thing, SumireHinata, 93% of abortions according to statistics are due to not rape, nor health risks of the baby or mother, but because of social reasons such as a couple feeling they're not ready for a baby.


Yes, im quite aware of the risks i did an abortion debate last year in class and researched the heck out of it. Im not saying i agree with abortion because i dont im actually very pro-life. But i was mearly stating the mindset of what a woman wishing to have an abortion would be thinking more than likely

Trevor (OP)

Posted 6/14/07
Personally i think abortion is wrong. Period. Not because of the whole God issue or anything but because im pro-life. But then again this is a very ambiguous topic, because no one ever puts themselves in the position of expecting a child, especially the mother. I have a close friend who aborted. Yes i almost threw her down the school stairs when she told me she would do it, but when she explained to me that she couldn't give birth to a child if she didn't care for it or intend to care for it i sorta understood. i supported her the whole way once i figured the me or anyone else would be unable to change her mind, especially since her mother brought up the idea of abortion. i mean, yes abortion is wrong, but what is worse is if the child had to undergo abuse, whether its neglect or w/e, its still abuse. why should a child have to be born to immature parents and live a lousy life?? its seriously difficult for a person to consider another life when your own life is on the line, its the decision that could ruin your life. it just depends on your moral standards i guess. but then again if people don't want to face this problem or the possibility of pregnancy they should think before they act. and also a "healthy" abortion (for the pregnant girl duh) is fuckin expensive and it seriously fucks up your head man, its just fucked up shit.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 6/14/07

kyocool wrote:


lumiina wrote:

^Possibly, but I feel most women don't know the risks of having an abortion. Do you know the risks?

Oh and another thing, SumireHinata, 93% of abortions according to statistics are due to not rape, nor health risks of the baby or mother, but because of social reasons such as a couple feeling they're not ready for a baby.


Yes, im quite aware of the risks i did an abortion debate last year in class and researched the heck out of it. Im not saying i agree with abortion because i dont im actually very pro-life. But i was mearly stating the mindset of what a woman wishing to have an abortion would be thinking more than likely

Trevor (OP)



one time i did a pro-choice persuasive speech in a christian high school. why? because some idiot girl did hers on being pro life - talk about shooting fish in a barrel. i was so disgusted i did mine just to spite her.

it was actually the most fun i've ever had giving a speech. the class was around 50 people too. talk about an intimidating crowd. the irony was at time i was even pro life (i'm not anymore though). i somehow managed to get half the class to agree with me and impressed the instructor.
Posted 6/14/07

azrael910 wrote:


kyocool wrote:


lumiina wrote:

^Possibly, but I feel most women don't know the risks of having an abortion. Do you know the risks?

Oh and another thing, SumireHinata, 93% of abortions according to statistics are due to not rape, nor health risks of the baby or mother, but because of social reasons such as a couple feeling they're not ready for a baby.


Yes, im quite aware of the risks i did an abortion debate last year in class and researched the heck out of it. Im not saying i agree with abortion because i dont im actually very pro-life. But i was mearly stating the mindset of what a woman wishing to have an abortion would be thinking more than likely

Trevor (OP)



one time i did a pro-choice persuasive speech in a christian high school. why? because some idiot girl did hers on being pro life - talk about shooting fish in a barrel. i was so disgusted i did mine just to spite her.

it was actually the most fun i've ever had giving a speech. the class was around 50 people too. talk about an intimidating crowd. the irony was at time i was even pro life (i'm not anymore though). i somehow managed to get half the class to agree with me and impressed the instructor.



haha i think i would have taken the same route you did seeing christian fundelmentalists squirm is a joy of mine. Although i agree with some issues with them i feel they have the correct mindset but for very very wrong reasons.

Trevor (OP)
15924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 6/14/07
Wow. I'm against the idea. If you are going to abort your baby, you are killing a person who has no choice in the matter. If you do that, you might as well abstain from the very beginning, you... inconsiderate people. (I am lacking in words right now)

EDIT: And it's just like euthansia (I think that's how you spell it). It's against the law, so why shouldn't abortion?
Posted 6/14/07

Latagore wrote:

Wow. I'm against the idea. If you are going to abort your baby, you are killing a person who has no choice in the matter. If you do that, you might as well abstain from the very beginning, you... inconsiderate people. (I am lacking in words right now)

EDIT: And it's just like euthansia (I think that's how you spell it). It's against the law, so why shouldn't abortion?



...Actually the two couldnt be further from the same.....What you speak of is the act of someone assisting in a suicide that is wanted by the recipient...Abortion is the act of killing off a child without the recipients consent (due to the fact it couldnt poissibly give one lol)...soo i dont see the similarities @ all in those two??

Trevor (OP)
42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 6/14/07
euthansia isn't against the law... it's the most humain way to put down a dying pet.
3113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada, BC
Offline
Posted 6/16/07

sad105 wrote:

well i dont think that the egg is developed until after the 2 weeks.


The egg starts developing as soon as the sperm fuses with it.
6525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/07
People shouldn't have them. The child deserves a chance to live.
1670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/07
yea i think it is murder...taking a life away
235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Vietnam
Offline
Posted 6/16/07
well, i think abortion is wrong because
u're killing the baby
if they didnt want a child
then they shouldnt have sex then

they should take responsiblity of the child
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 6/16/07
I don't believe in abortion but it depends on the person's circumstance they are in. If they are just fucking around and got pregnant, they need to get rid of it b/c they are not going to be fit to raise a child, and I know all about raising a child. It's not easy, and if they are hoeing around and got pregnant, they don't need to give birth to a child who they are not going to take care of. But, if they keep the baby then they just better grow up and take care of the child. Despite that, if I was raped, I would not want to keep the baby b/c it would just remind me of the horrifying event that happened. A child should not be born from rape. Also, I believe that a child should be born from love and born from two people who agreed to have sex. *Sorry, I know I talk a lot* hahaha.....
First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.