First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
1 + 1 = ?
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 2/13/09

o0James0o wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

lol you just triggered my philosophical thinking and helped me think of a quote



it sure is, since majority of the people lacks common sense.... and those with a lot of common sense , like myself, are seemed as weird...


mathematically speaking.

it is 2.

the end.
16313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♪ ♫ ☼ england
Offline
Posted 2/13/09

Nekaun wrote:



lol that's just a riddle..

there's £25 in the till

each men pay £9 which mounts to £27 and the bell boy keeps £2 for himself. Therefore £27 - £2 = £25 which is in the till!

13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 2/13/09 , edited 2/13/09

Nyarth wrote:

Then how does 2+4 equals fish?

Enlighten me


2 + 4 equals to fish?... hmm.... easy.... 2 fish + 4 fish and then 5 fish died out... hence, equals to fish
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 2/13/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

lol you just triggered my philosophical thinking and helped me think of a quote



it sure is, since majority of the people lacks common sense.... and those with a lot of common sense , like myself, are seemed as weird...


no wait hold on. i just gotta have to make an attempt to explain this.

Scince i can't explain it to you through common sense let me try to explain it mathematically, (ive seen people with no common sense excel in math)

addition is the most basic mathematical law there is (maybe subtraction but thats just same thing as adding a negative number) When you say male+female, you have to say male+female=male+female OR male+female=female+male

when you put in other factors into it such as giving birth, it doesnt become male+female anymore, it becomes in a way, some wierd function which is totally different from what your saying.
(if you've taken algebra you would know that a function would look someting like F o G or some shit like that)

I know your trying to be some philosophical person wearing an I LOVE SOCRATES T shirt trying to spew out words of wisdom, but rather than being like socrates your more like Dane Cook, who thinks he is funny, but when you actually think about it is saing nothing but shit.

Sorry if i sound like an asshole but this was just too much


umm, i dont know socrates or dane crook

and also, i dont love males
Posted 2/13/09
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 2/13/09
I'm shocked that o0James0o doesn't know Socrates.


What are kids learning these days..?


Also, pointless thread.
713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Where ever my min...
Offline
Posted 2/13/09
In my sexual education the symbol on the sex ed door was 1+1=3. Y'know guy + girl= baby

i could be anal and say one 6pack of soda + another 6pack of soda= 2 packs of soda but 12 actual sodas...

anyway...
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 2/13/09

AHTL wrote:

I'm shocked that o0James0o doesn't know Socrates.


What are kids learning these days..?


Also, pointless thread.


well, its obvious that i wont know some dead guy that lived thousands of years ago...

i know books he wrote, but i dont know him.... by chance you know him?... if you do, i dare ask, how old are you?
824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Gwydion
Offline
Posted 2/13/09 , edited 2/13/09

Nekaun wrote:

lmao 1+ 1 equals 2.... course id does

a man + a woman equals two humans..

You'r attempt at "clever" logic is something that only works in the work of philosophy... not actual maths

thats like saying..

3 people check into a hotel
It costs £30 for the night
They each pay £10
The hotel owner realises he made a mistake, and tells the bellboy to give £5 back
The bellboy, thinking they wouldn't be able to split £5 even, he takes £2 and gives them £3
So, each person gets £1 back, so they only paid £9 each, so the total was £27 for the night
We know the bellboy took £2, add that to the £27, you get £29 (not £30)

Where did the other £1 go??

It is plainly irrelevant and stupid logic.


What? It didn't go anywhere. 30 (cost) - 25 (correct payment) - 3 (given back) - 2 (money stolen by bellboy) = 0

--

if you're trying to be logical then you should know that you cannot add a female and a male together. It's like adding x + y [different base cannot be added].

1m + 1f = x

However, seeing as they are both humans:

1h + 1h = 2h

A load of rubbish but its logical - in my mind anyway
Posted 2/13/09
..okay..
0_o
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 2/13/09

o0James0o wrote:


AHTL wrote:

I'm shocked that o0James0o doesn't know Socrates.


What are kids learning these days..?


Also, pointless thread.


well, its obvious that i wont know some dead guy that lived thousands of years ago...

i know books he wrote, but i dont know him.... by chance you know him?... if you do, i dare ask, how old are you?


As a matter of fact, yes I do. I was one of his neighbours, and we'd often sit in his garden discussing matters of interest. I was probably 19 at that time.
298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Groningen, nether...
Offline
Posted 2/13/09
funny enlight lah I still think 1 +1 = 2
my lil bro thought 1+1 = 5
1 = 1finger
+ = 1 finger
1= 1 finger
= = 1 finger
5 = 1 finger
in total it's 5!
2143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Candyland~
Offline
Posted 2/13/09
What. Wasn't 1+1= 11?
Because you add them together.
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/13/09

o0James0o wrote:

does 1+1 actually equals 2?

i prove you wrong...

take this for example. 1 stick + 1 stick equals 2 sticks

but, 1 male + 1 female = 0 to infinite people (if both didnt give birth, they would both die eventually, hence 0, but if they give birth, their descendants would keep going on, hence infinite...)

therefore, 1 + 1 does not equal to 2, instead it equals to 0 to infinite...


thank me for enlightening you....


your answer does not lie within the field of mathematics.

in arithmitic 1+1=2 but in other areas of math like algebra, 1+1 can equal other things such as variables x, y, z, etc.

if you are using a different base system, then it's possible for 1+1 to equal other things.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 2/13/09

AHTL wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


AHTL wrote:

I'm shocked that o0James0o doesn't know Socrates.


What are kids learning these days..?


Also, pointless thread.


well, its obvious that i wont know some dead guy that lived thousands of years ago...

i know books he wrote, but i dont know him.... by chance you know him?... if you do, i dare ask, how old are you?


As a matter of fact, yes I do. I was one of his neighbours, and we'd often sit in his garden discussing matters of interest. I was probably 19 at that time.


ahh i see, you must be rather old...... extremely old on top of that... well, im not that interested in meeting old "males"...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.