First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Who's Death was the Most Necessary and Least Necessary?
571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 2/14/09
you can not say lulu however because we can't be sure that he is dead so I think so far Euphia death was the most neccessary and shirly father's death was the least.
38556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The place where o...
Offline
Posted 2/14/09
lelouch, he dead
least necessary, that woman who was with nunnaly when she was governor
1166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M
Offline
Posted 2/27/09

tophwoman01 wrote:

you can not say lulu however because we can't be sure that he is dead so I think so far Euphia death was the most neccessary and shirly father's death was the least.


I think that Epuphie's death was the least necessary. when I saw Lelouch shoot her without any need to I realzied that Euphemia was not merely a charming minor character but the only person in the cast who was good instead of evil. Basically for me there is no more reason to watch Code Geass after episode 23. And it gives me the creeps to think that other people can watch Lleouch murder Euphemia without even a strong evil reason and still be interested in his fate and stii like him.
Some people say that Euphemia had to die to prevent an outbreak of peace. But Lelouch and Suzaku could have been involved in other conflicts while the Japanese situation was calm for a while. Lelouch and what was left of the Black Knights could go to Area 14, for example and start a revolt there, funded by the Chinese governmentt and the Euro Universe hoping te weaken Britannia (whichis hwere I suspect most of the Kyoto group's money came from). Euphemia and suSuzaku could be sent to Area 14 to respond. Suzaku could lead the fight against the Black KNights and the native rebels while Euphemia would reform the administration and make it kinder and more humane to dry up popular support for the rebels. If the rebellion faltered in AREA 14 lelouch and the Black Knights could go to Area 10 or Area 5 or Area 16 and try again. And the series could have returned to Japan for the climax.
IN the world of code geass the death of Euphemia was not necessary to save the Japanese from extermination, unless Euphemia was the greatest warrior in all of anime. Euphemia could have been captured and locked up safely. She might not even have wanted to exterminate all Japanese, just those in the stadium. And as time passed how could Euphemia tell if a Japanese person had been in the stadium and was thus one of her targets?
Euphemia's death was ot necessary to keep her from killing Suzaku, that great warrior, since they might never have come into contact again.
Euphemia might not have been controlled by the geas for the rest of her life. Lelouch didn't tell her to kill the Japanese for the rest of her life, just kill the japanese.
Euphemia might have been better off dead, but many people in similar situations choose to liive, and anyway it was her decision to make, not Lelouch's.
Euphemia would have made a great hostage alive.
Euphemia's death was one of the worst muders ever show on tv in my opinion, and it is not necessary for the protagonist of a show to committ one of the worst murders ever show on tv. In fact, it is necessary for him to not committ one of the worst murders ever shown on tv for the show to be considered a good show.
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/09
The most important death was shirley's in my opinion not euphies because euphies death, well the outcome of what would happen would have been the same even if she didn't die. But Shirley's! Her death caused lelouch to crush the geass order, which caused him to be traped with his father, which in turn got him to learn of c's world and of humanity's true desire. If he had not known the true desire of the people was to the future and not the past then the ending would be very different. So as u can see Shirley, had the most important death and Clovis to be the least. I think Shirley fathers death had some meaning because of her fathers death she found that lelouch was zero.
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/7/09


tophwoman01 wrote:

you can not say lulu however because we can't be sure that he is dead so I think so far Euphia death was the most neccessary and shirly father's death was the least.”

I think that Epuphie's death was the least necessary. when I saw Lelouch shoot her without any need to I realzied that Euphemia was not merely a charming minor character but the only person in the cast who was good instead of evil. Basically for me there is no more reason to watch Code Geass after episode 23. And it gives me the creeps to think that other people can watch Lleouch murder Euphemia without even a strong evil reason and still be interested in his fate and stii like him.
Some people say that Euphemia had to die to prevent an outbreak of peace. But Lelouch and Suzaku could have been involved in other conflicts while the Japanese situation was calm for a while. Lelouch and what was left of the Black Knights could go to Area 14, for example and start a revolt there, funded by the Chinese governmentt and the Euro Universe hoping te weaken Britannia (whichis hwere I suspect most of the Kyoto group's money came from). Euphemia and suSuzaku could be sent to Area 14 to respond. Suzaku could lead the fight against the Black KNights and the native rebels while Euphemia would reform the administration and make it kinder and more humane to dry up popular support for the rebels. If the rebellion faltered in AREA 14 lelouch and the Black Knights could go to Area 10 or Area 5 or Area 16 and try again. And the series could have returned to Japan for the climax.
IN the world of code geass the death of Euphemia was not necessary to save the Japanese from extermination, unless Euphemia was the greatest warrior in all of anime. Euphemia could have been captured and locked up safely. She might not even have wanted to exterminate all Japanese, just those in the stadium. And as time passed how could Euphemia tell if a Japanese person had been in the stadium and was thus one of her targets?
Euphemia's death was ot necessary to keep her from killing Suzaku, that great warrior, since they might never have come into contact again.
Euphemia might not have been controlled by the geas for the rest of her life. Lelouch didn't tell her to kill the Japanese for the rest of her life, just kill the japanese.
Euphemia might have been better off dead, but many people in similar situations choose to liive, and anyway it was her decision to make, not Lelouch's.
Euphemia would have made a great hostage alive.
Euphemia's death was one of the worst muders ever show on tv in my opinion, and it is not necessary for the protagonist of a show to committ one of the worst murders ever show on tv. In fact, it is necessary for him to not committ one of the worst murders ever shown on tv for the show to be considered a good show.
Lelouch was actually a good person in the 1st place, 2nd he had to shoot her so that he could save the japanese, and euphemia was just a clueless useless character that made suzaku go crazy so basically her death wasnt sad at all. Lelouches death was sad, watch the actual second season, hes a good guy!
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
uhm...

least necessary death i think is the death of shirley's father...yeah it still not drive shirley to revenge for her father's death and still forgive zero for it...


and i think the most necessary death is the death of lelouch mother...queen marianne...
yeah because it is the reason why lelouch rebelled and there where the story starts...obviously haha...^^
1066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / None of your busi...
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

boydikit wrote:

uhm...

least necessary death i think is the death of shirley's father...yeah it still not drive shirley to revenge for her father's death and still forgive zero for it...


and i think the most necessary death is the death of lelouch mother...queen marianne...
yeah because it is the reason why lelouch rebelled and there where the story starts...obviously haha...^^


Hv to agree with you,if Marianne did not get killed,Lelouch would not hv to seek revenge on his father
424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Somewhere in America
Offline
Posted 4/5/09
The least- shirley dad
The most necessary- Clovis- because if zero had not of killed him this whole war would not have started
who needs to be killed- that damned Nina

869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / kahit saan
Offline
Posted 4/6/09
least- the death of someone from the crowd of the Japanese...
most- the death of lelouch's mother... w/o that, there would be no point for lelouch to do anything else...
1166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/09

crimsonlightning101 wrote:



tophwoman01 wrote:

you can not say lulu however because we can't be sure that he is dead so I think so far Euphia death was the most neccessary and shirly father's death was the least.”

I think that Epuphie's death was the least necessary. when I saw Lelouch shoot her without any need to I realzied that Euphemia was not merely a charming minor character but the only person in the cast who was good instead of evil. Basically for me there is no more reason to watch Code Geass after episode 23. And it gives me the creeps to think that other people can watch Lleouch murder Euphemia without even a strong evil reason and still be interested in his fate and stii like him.
Some people say that Euphemia had to die to prevent an outbreak of peace. But Lelouch and Suzaku could have been involved in other conflicts while the Japanese situation was calm for a while. Lelouch and what was left of the Black Knights could go to Area 14, for example and start a revolt there, funded by the Chinese governmentt and the Euro Universe hoping te weaken Britannia (whichis hwere I suspect most of the Kyoto group's money came from). Euphemia and suSuzaku could be sent to Area 14 to respond. Suzaku could lead the fight against the Black Knights and the native rebels while Euphemia would reform the administration and make it kinder and more humane to dry up popular support for the rebels. If the rebellion faltered in AREA 14 Llelouch and the Black Knights could go to Area 10 or Area 5 or Area 16 and try again. And the series could have returned to Japan for the climax.
IN the world of code geass the death of Euphemia was not necessary to save the Japanese from extermination, unless Euphemia was the greatest warrior in all of anime. Euphemia could have been captured and locked up safely. She might not even have wanted to exterminate all Japanese, just those in the stadium. And as time passed how could Euphemia tell if a Japanese person had been in the stadium and was thus one of her targets?
Euphemia's death was not necessary to keep her from killing Suzaku, that great warrior, since they might never have come into contact again.
Euphemia might not have been controlled by the geass for the rest of her life. Lelouch didn't tell her to kill the Japanese for the rest of her life, just kill the Japanese.
Euphemia might have been better off dead, but many people in similar situations choose to live, and anyway it was her decision to make, not Lelouch's.
Euphemia would have made a great hostage alive.
Euphemia's death was one of the worst murders ever shown on tv in my opinion, and it is not necessary for the protagonist of a show to commit one of the worst murders ever shown on tv. In fact, it is necessary for him to not commit one of the worst murders ever shown on tv for the show to be considered a good show.

/quote] Lelouch was actually a good person in the 1st place, 2nd he had to shoot her so that he could save the japanese, and euphemia was just a clueless useless character that made suzaku go crazy so basically her death wasnt sad at all. Lelouches death was sad, watch the actual second season, hes a good guy!


No Lelouch was not a good person. He committed a lot of other crimes and two terrible ones. He murdered Euphemia for no good reason and he ordered the geass directorate massacre. Committing even one evil murder makes someone evil.
No Lelouch did not have to kill Euphemia to save the Japanese.He could have captured her and keep her confined so that she couldn't kill anyone one. Since he was planning to take over Japan he should have been able to keep one person a prisoner. If Lelouch had asked CC if there was any way to reverse the geass command on Euphie she might have told him that VV could do it.
Euphemia was the best person in the show and her death was sadder than the deaths of all the other characters would have been. And the only sad thing about Lelouch's death was that it happened so late and that he wasn't tortured to death!
5493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / in yuri hell
Offline
Posted 4/13/09
most neccessary-i think it was shirley
least- lelouch's mothers dead!!!! i thought she was good person,but.....

i hope lelouch is alive....i think in the last scene C.C was talking to lulu..(driver was lulu maybe?)
Member
298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 5/27/09

infinitycubed wrote:


tophwoman01 wrote:

you can not say lulu however because we can't be sure that he is dead so I think so far Euphia death was the most neccessary and shirly father's death was the least.


I think that Epuphie's death was the least necessary. when I saw Lelouch shoot her without any need to I realzied that Euphemia was not merely a charming minor character but the only person in the cast who was good instead of evil. Basically for me there is no more reason to watch Code Geass after episode 23. And it gives me the creeps to think that other people can watch Lleouch murder Euphemia without even a strong evil reason and still be interested in his fate and stii like him.
Some people say that Euphemia had to die to prevent an outbreak of peace. But Lelouch and Suzaku could have been involved in other conflicts while the Japanese situation was calm for a while. Lelouch and what was left of the Black Knights could go to Area 14, for example and start a revolt there, funded by the Chinese governmentt and the Euro Universe hoping te weaken Britannia (whichis hwere I suspect most of the Kyoto group's money came from). Euphemia and suSuzaku could be sent to Area 14 to respond. Suzaku could lead the fight against the Black KNights and the native rebels while Euphemia would reform the administration and make it kinder and more humane to dry up popular support for the rebels. If the rebellion faltered in AREA 14 lelouch and the Black Knights could go to Area 10 or Area 5 or Area 16 and try again. And the series could have returned to Japan for the climax.
IN the world of code geass the death of Euphemia was not necessary to save the Japanese from extermination, unless Euphemia was the greatest warrior in all of anime. Euphemia could have been captured and locked up safely. She might not even have wanted to exterminate all Japanese, just those in the stadium. And as time passed how could Euphemia tell if a Japanese person had been in the stadium and was thus one of her targets?
Euphemia's death was ot necessary to keep her from killing Suzaku, that great warrior, since they might never have come into contact again.
Euphemia might not have been controlled by the geas for the rest of her life. Lelouch didn't tell her to kill the Japanese for the rest of her life, just kill the japanese.
Euphemia might have been better off dead, but many people in similar situations choose to liive, and anyway it was her decision to make, not Lelouch's.
Euphemia would have made a great hostage alive.
Euphemia's death was one of the worst muders ever show on tv in my opinion, and it is not necessary for the protagonist of a show to committ one of the worst murders ever show on tv. In fact, it is necessary for him to not committ one of the worst murders ever shown on tv for the show to be considered a good show.



I don't think so.....
during those days, lelouch's only intention is to make a peaceful place where he and Nunnaly could live. (the war for a peaceful world came to him when Nunnaly became the Governor of Area 11.)
that's the main reason why he agreed to Euphie's proposal, unfortunately his geass went out of control that led Euphie to an unwanted situation. He accidentally commanded Euphie to "kill all Japanese", that's why she even threatened Suzaku, but because her body is weak, she cannot pursue it.
The Geass of Absolute Obedience will never be contraticted (though Euphie says that she couldn't kill Suzaku, the command is still effective.)
her death forced Suzaku to go after punishing Zero though he already knew that he is his bestfriend, Lelouch.
made Suzaku a knight of rounds (higher than being a princess' knight) and drove Lelouch to fight for the world and let go of his selfish reason.

the idea of killing your first love which is your best friend girlfriend made that series really good (on my own opinion)....
besides, that is the point when Lelouch made a great rebellion against Britannia,
1166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/09 , edited 5/30/09

shivre wrote:


infinitycubed wrote:


tophwoman01 wrote:

you can not say lulu however because we can't be sure that he is dead so I think so far Euphia death was the most neccessary and shirly father's death was the least.


I think that Euphie's death was the least necessary. When I saw Lelouch shoot her without any need to I realized that Euphemia was not merely a charming minor character but the only person in the cast who was good instead of evil. Basically for me there is no more reason to watch Code Geass after episode 23. And it gives me the creeps to think that other people can watch Lelouch murder Euphemia without even a strong evil reason and still be interested in his fate and still like him.
Some people say that Euphemia had to die to prevent an outbreak of peace. But Lelouch and Suzaku could have been involved in other conflicts while the Japanese situation was calm for a while. Lelouch and what was left of the Black Knights could go to Area 14, for example and start a revolt there, funded by the Chinese government and the Euro Universe hoping to weaken Britannia (which is where I suspect most of the Kyoto group's money came from). Euphemia and Suzaku could be sent to Area 14 to respond. Suzaku could lead the fight against the Black Knights and the native rebels while Euphemia would reform the administration and make it kinder and more humane to dry up popular support for the rebels. If the rebellion faltered in AREA 14 Lelouch and the Black Knights could go to Area 10 or Area 5 or Area 16 and try again. The natives of the various areas would say "Thank God we have Euphemia to show the Britannians how to be good to us and zero to scare them into listening to her". And the series could have returned to Japan for the climax.
In the world of code geass the death of Euphemia was not necessary to save the Japanese from extermination, unless Euphemia was the greatest warrior in all of anime. Euphemia could have been captured and locked up safely. She might not even have wanted to exterminate all Japanese, just those in the stadium. And as time passed how could Euphemia tell if a Japanese person had been in the stadium and was thus one of her targets?
Euphemia's death was not necessary to keep her from killing Suzaku, that great warrior, since they might never have come into contact again.
Euphemia might not have been controlled by the geass for the rest of her life. Lelouch didn't tell her to kill the Japanese for the rest of her life, just kill the Japanese.
Euphemia might have been better off dead, but many people in similar situations choose to live, and anyway it was her decision to make, not Lelouch's.
Euphemia would have made a great hostage alive.
Euphemia's death was one of the worst murders ever shown on tv in my opinion, and it is not necessary for the protagonist of a show to commit one of the worst murders ever shown on tv. In fact, it is necessary for him to not commit one of the worst murders ever shown on tv for the show to be considered a good show.



I don't think so.....
during those days, lelouch's only intention is to make a peaceful place where he and Nunnaly could live. (the war for a peaceful world came to him when Nunnaly became the Governor of Area 11.)
that's the main reason why he agreed to Euphie's proposal, unfortunately his geass went out of control that led Euphie to an unwanted situation. He accidentally commanded Euphie to "kill all Japanese", that's why she even threatened Suzaku, but because her body is weak, she cannot pursue it.
The Geass of Absolute Obedience will never be contraticted (though Euphie says that she couldn't kill Suzaku, the command is still effective.)
her death forced Suzaku to go after punishing Zero though he already knew that he is his bestfriend, Lelouch.
made Suzaku a knight of rounds (higher than being a princess' knight) and drove Lelouch to fight for the world and let go of his selfish reason.

the idea of killing your first love which is your best friend girlfriend made that series really good (on my own opinion)....
besides, that is the point when Lelouch made a great rebellion against Britannia,

Oopps! I must have goofed somehow. Anyway, Shivre's reply is above and my reply is below.

I don't think so back at you.

Geass many be absolute, but Nunnally broke her blindness geass after eight years. Various geases have been known to last for eight or ten years, but there is no information about. geasses lasting longer than that. Perhaps geasses wear down or run out of energy after eight to twelve years and Nunnally broke free of hers sooner than usual because she really needed to see. So if geasses only last about a decade anyway, Euphemia might have broken her geass after some years.

If Euphemia had been locked up the geass canceler would have been available in just a year, and her guardians could have tried to negotiate to have it used on her.

If Lelouch asked CC if Euphemia could be cured, or if CC had any pity on an innocent girl less than a thirtieth CC's age, CC could have told Lelouch that VV could undo Euphemia's geass command (and who knows what other possible cures CC might have known about). Curing Euphemia's geass was not an insolvable scientific problem but a minor negotiating problem.

But Euphemia almost entirely broke her geass command before she was shot. When the geass tried to make her kill Suzaku on her deathbed she still had enough energy to move her hands and arms a little. She could have put her hand on Suzaku's shoulder, close to his neck, and then slashed his neck with her thumbnail, hoping to slice a vital blood vessel. I think her geass didn't give up because her body was so weak, but because Euphemia resisted it.

When Suzaku asked her about giving the order, she asked what order. She didn't remember what she did while controlled by the geass and so was entirely or almost entirely free of its control. Then Euphemia's irises became encircled with red, a sign that geass controlled her. but nothing happened for a while. Then Euphemia asked if Suzaku was Japanese, then said she couldn't do something so terrible. Then her eyes remained encircled with red but nothing happened until the red circles faded away. The red circles were present around her irises even when Euphemia was not aware of any pressure to kill, when the geass command was too weak for her to even notice it.

I believe that when the geass command tried to regain control of Euphemia it increased its power, and Euphemia's irises became circled with red as soon as the power reached a very low level, perhaps ten percent of what was needed to control Euphemia. And if Euphemia's irises were encircled with red in that scene whenever the geass command had at least ten percent of the power it needed to control her body, that might have been the case in the scene where Lelouch shot her. Euphemia might have been almost totally free of the geass control and still had her irises encircled with red when Lelouch shot her.

When Euphemia invited Lelouch to help her administer the SAZ she clearly didn't remember the massacre which would scare away the surviving Japanese and make Zero's help unnecessary. Then Euphemia said "No, that's no right." She vaguely remembered that the plan had been changed but she didn't remember the massacre clearly.

If the geass command was mostly in control of Euphemia's body it would have made her go look for Japanese to shoot with the machine gun that Lelouch, CC, and Kallen had so inexplicably let her pick up, or ask for Lelouch's help, or do something to kill more Japanese. So Euphemia's normal self should have been mostly in control of her body when she talked to Lelouch. But Euphemia would have been horrified if she remembered the massacre clearly, so she didn't not remember it well. That is a sign that she was almost entirely free of the control of the geass, ten thousand times faster than Nunnally broke her geass.

Since Euphemia is the only person known to resist a geass command at first, the geass might have increased its power usage to make her obey and kept up the high power usage to keep her obeying, until it ran out of energy after perhaps an hour. instead of years or an entire lifetime of obedience. And perhaps Euphemia's subconscious continued to resist and attack the geass command and broke it down eventually. So if Lelouch and the Black Knights had not come to rescue the few surviving Japanese in the SAZ, Euphemia would have returned to her normal self, wondered why she was in a nightmare, called someone on the radio, heard about the massacre, and ordered it stopped. And if Lelouch had captured her alive he could have tried using her as a hostage to stop the massacre.

When Lelouch walked past Euphemia, confident that she wouldn't shoot him in the back, she turned around to keep him in sight., as was almost inevitable when two people are so close together. So Lelouch was deliberately condemning to death any Japanese who might come into Euphemia's view when she turned around. Since she didn't fire her machine gun, which Lelouch, CC, and Kallen had so inexplicably let her pick up, either there were no Japanese behind Euphemia or the geass was too weak to make her kill anymore.

Since Euphemia could have been picked up by one of the nightmares as soon as she emerged from the wreckage of her nightmare, it its hard to believe that Lelouch shot her so deliberately because he was in a hurry to save the Japanese from her.

Many people believe that Lelouch shot Euphemia to get more popularity with the Japanese and get them to follow him in his revolution. But Lelouch already believed that Zero was so popular that thousands of Japanese would throw themselves at the Britannians in suicidal fury if he was shot by Euphemia, and then Zero and the Black knights had added to their popularity by coming to the rescue at the Fuji Massacre. How could Lelouch believe that Zero needed any more popularity or that posing as a brave Euphy-slaying hero would be more useful to the cause than using Euphemia as a hostage and maybe getting Suzaku to join the revolution with his Lancelot to save Euphemia?

During the attack on the Tokyo settlement Lelouch gloated to CC that once they captured the government center there and proclaimed an independent Japan the Emperor would have no choice and have to come to meet Zero face to mask. ( And then Lelouch could use his geass on him). Ah, if proclaiming an independent Japan in the Toyko government center was like signing the declaration of independence, wouldn't it be followed by months or years of hard fighting before the Britannians conceded Japanese independence? Five years of fighting during the American Revolution, and then two more years to negotiate the peace treaty, for example. Of course the Britannians would develop F.R.E.I.J.A. in a year or two, unknown to Lelouch, and then Lelouch and Japan would become "ground Zero".

In our world King George III did not make a state visit to the US either after the Declaration of Independence in 1776 or the Treaty of Paris in 1783. The King of Spain did not visit Mexico, or Peru, or Argentina, or any of the other former colonies as soon as they gained independence. I don't remember any examples of a head of state or government visiting a former colony right after it gained independence in a bloody revolution. And i doubt if Lelouch could find many examples of such odd behavior in the alternate history of his world.

And of course Lelouch needed a live Euphemia and Cornelia to keep even a tiny chance that the Emperor would visit Japan. Once Lelouch planned to lure the Emperor to japan, he should have tried to make up for killing Clovis by faking Zero's death and having a "new" masked leader take over the Black knights. Or at the least he could have made one of the Kyoto group the puppet leader of the revolution, claiming to have firm control of Zero and not inviting Zero to the meeting with the Emperor, to reassure the Emperor that he was safe.

And Lelouch needed to have Cornelia and above all sweet little Euphie alive if the Emperor would feel safe coming to Japan. Surely Lelouch could not believe that the Emperor would just accept Japanese stories or even video footage of Euphemia ordering a massacre. Surely Lelouch would expect that the emperor would suspect that the Japanese had somehow forced the innocent Euphemia to order the massacre and had deliberately murdered her. And surely Lelouch should have expected that the Emperor would believe that anyone capable of murdering Euphemia would be a million times more likely to kill him.

A live Euphie was absolutely vital to the success of Lelouch's plan. And Lelouch murdered her anyway.

You say that good things happened in the end because of Euphie's murder. But since Code Geass is set in an alternate universe, there should be countless gazillions of alternate universes in which Code Geass has different endings. For every universe in which the second season ended the way it did, there should be billions of universes where the second season had the same beginning but much different endings.

And for every universe where the second season began as it did there should have been billions of universes where Lelouch shot Euphemia but was not alive when the second season began.

Because Euphemia's superhuman goodness and resistance to the geass command makes me suspect that Euphemia is not a human being. I suspect that Euphemia may have been incarnated as a human and a member of the Britannian imperial family in order to teach humans kindness and peacefulness. So for every alternate univrese in which her people did not take any revenge for her murder there might be a thousand in which those considered responsible, such as Lelouch, CC, Kallen, VV, and Emperor Charles, were executed and then Euphemia brought back to life and appointed Empress of Earth. "Heed her well this time, Humans, or else!"

And for everyone one of those universes where Lelouch shot Euphemia and her people only killed a few people in revenge for killing her, there might be a thousand universes where they exterminated the Britannians and the Japanese for being responsible for her death, then brought her back to life and made her Empress of what was left of humanity.

And for every universe in which Lelouch shot Euphemia and her people merely exterminated the Britannians and the Japanese, there might be a thousand where they exterminated the entire human race, then brought Euphemia back to life and brought back to life some, but not all, of the humans she wanted resurrected, and made her Empress of Mankind.

So I suspect that the human race made out a lot better in most universes where Lelouch did not shoot Euphemia than in most of the ones where he did shoot her.

You say that Euphie's death drove Lelouch to give up his selfish goal and fight to make the whole world more peaceful. I have already given my opinion of how few alternate universes had anything good come as a result of her murder. But could you explain the course of events which lead from Euphie's murder to Lelouch deciding to make the whole world better in the aired series? It seems to me that framing an innocent girl for one of your mistakes and murdering her and being acclaimed a hero for it is likely to make most people worse and not make them change their goals for the better, so Lelouch would be a rare exception if that was the case with him.

you say: "the idea of killing your first love which is your best friend girlfriend made that series really good (on my own opinion)....
besides, that is the point when Lelouch made a great rebellion against Britannia."

I agree that would be a great dramatic twist if the person killed was not the only good and noble leader in the whole cast, leaving the show with evil people fighting other evil people. The plot would have been good if Lelouch had a good reason or even some sensible evil reason to kill the victim, and if the victim was as evil as Kallen, CC, Viletta, or Cornelia, or even a decent girl like Cicely, Milly, Nunnally, or Shirley, but not when she was more good than all the other characters put together.

And the first season could have had a spectacular ending if Suzaku rescued Euphemia and the Japanese went crazy to get revenge on her. You might have seen the Errol Flynn movie Charge of the Light Brigade in which the fictional Captain Vickers forges the orders for the charge to have a chance to get revenge on the fictional Surat Khan for his fictional massacre. The Britannians could use Euphemia as bait to lure the Japanese rebels into a suicidal attack.

Hundreds of nightmares in formation could charge down the valley of death at the distant Britannians and Euphemia, ignoring Zero's warnings that this is a trap. Artillery to the right of them and to the left of them could volley and thunder, but the rebels would be too excited to care that they had blundered. Nightmares would fall by the dozens, but they would charge on anyway. Desperate, Zero would proclaim that he had accidentally used a spell on Euphemia to make her order the Fuji Massacre and she was innocent, but the others would say he turned chicken and was just trying to get them to turn back with his silly story.

The nightmares would head away from the camera toward the distant Britannians and become too distant to recognize whose vehicles were being shot down. They would disappear in a cloud of dust and smoke as the screen went black and the season ended.
1166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/09 , edited 5/29/09

bowei006 wrote:

The most important death was shirley's in my opinion not euphies because euphies death, well the outcome of what would happen would have been the same even if she didn't die. But Shirley's! Her death caused lelouch to crush the geass order, which caused him to be traped with his father, which in turn got him to learn of c's world and of humanity's true desire. If he had not known the true desire of the people was to the future and not the past then the ending would be very different. So as u can see Shirley, had the most important death and Clovis to be the least. I think Shirley fathers death had some meaning because of her fathers death she found that lelouch was zero.


The most important death was Euphemia's death because the totally unjustified murder of the best person in the cast made me lose all interest in what happens next. And made Lelouch the most hated anime character in my eyes. Since the Emperor was watching and didn't do anything to protect Euphie her murder also did what I would have considered impossible and made my opinion of the Emperor plummet even lower.

And the outcome would not be same if Euphemia did not die, even if she did not influence the course of military and political events, because then the one cast member who most deserved to live would be alive.

Suppose that the Emperor made the doctors fake Euphemia;s death to make Suzaku fight to avenge her and she was secretly imprisoned during the second season when everyone thought she was dead. The events of the second season would have been the same, but the series would have had a far better outcome because Euphemia was still alive.

It would have been a happier ending for me if Euphemia was the only surviving character at the end of the series than the way it did end, with dozens of evil characters unjustly enjoying undeserved reasonably happy lives. So don't say that the outcome would have been the same if Euphemia had not died. Code Geass would have had a happy ending for me, and I wouldn't have cared whether Lelouch was tortured to death or was Emperor of the World.
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Konohagakure, Lan...
Offline
Posted 5/30/09

who needs to be killed- that damned Nina


YES!!!! GOOD FREAKING GOD PLEASE! Besides creating the F.L.E.I.J.A., Nina serves virtually NO POINT in the series. Her English voice is annoying as hell and her xenophobia got really old by the first freaking episode.

I agree with an earlier post that Lady Marianne's death was absolutely necessary. Without it, Lelouch would have never been sent to Area Eleven, Nunally never would have become crippled, Zero would never have been created, ect., ect.

I guess the least necessary death was...V.V.? i don't really like him, and I relished seing die, but it would have been really cool if he lived to see his nephew (Lelouch) become Emperor.

I also loved it when Rolo died. What was so frustrating wasn't that he was irritating (although he was) but that it was SO PAINFULLY OBVIOUS he wanted to get into Lelouch's pants. I mean, really. I think Rolo just needed to attack Lelouch in his sleep and be done with it.

I hated when Lelouch died, though. I mean, yeah, he was a crazy psychopath who enslaved his own family and killed Euphie...but, damn, he was cool. I really believe deep down, he had noble purposes, but he was...twisted. Kinda like Light Yagami from Death Note. I'm so relieved Suzaku and Kllen and C.C. lived, though, I would have been crushed if any of them died.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.