First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Life more meaningful when you believe that God exists?
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12

longfenglim wrote:


myhk31 wrote:

God IS the origin of LIFE.


Really, I have read quite a bit on Abiogenesis, and there is nothing that mentions this God, who was the Origin of life.


You're just a puppet believing in lies that Satan made. He fooled you into believing that he/Satan does not exist. He also fooled you to believe that God who is Good does not exist. Are you really that blind to all your surroundings? The entire Universe is God and the Universe is the only entity that is the very definition of what God is. You are a tool.

2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12

-Vega- wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


myhk31 wrote:

God IS the origin of LIFE.


Really, I have read quite a bit on Abiogenesis, and there is nothing that mentions this God, who was the Origin of life.


You're just a puppet believing in lies that Satan made. He fooled you into believing that he/Satan does not exist. He also fooled you to believe that God who is Good does not exist. Are you really that blind to all your surroundings? The entire Universe is God and the Universe is the only entity that is the very definition of what God is. You are a tool.



Fool, you are deluded by Loki, the father of lies, who wants to lead you astray from the bright Aesir and the Vanirs. May you be crushed by the mighty Mjölnir, may the true Gods and their great war-host visit you upon the day of Ragnorok, the twilight, and you be cursed, until then, to suffer the wrath of the almighty Gods. May you never find peace, may all door be closed against you and no mead offered to you, may you thirst and hunger eternally, may you live only in perpetual winter, may you be only able to watch as the hearth is kindled, while weary, bare-foot, you shiver in the frost, may you travel bare, stripped of wool, skin, or any other cloth, as the northern wind continuously whip you. Let this terrible curse from those who live in Asgard afflict you, let this be your punishment!
42580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
All hail Jebus and his mystical ways.
24319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12

le_ciel wrote:

How exactly does the prospect of going to heaven after you die put more meaning into your life?

Life is about living, not about fantasizing about some kind of afterlife.

What's more meaningful, thinking you'll live only once and therefore live to the fullest? Or live looking forward to what you believe will be after your death?


You sir are smart! Totally agree with this :P

There is only one god... And that is...

495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / california
Offline
Posted 12/9/12 , edited 12/9/12
longfenglim, sorry but vegas is correct. you have been deceived lol (not a laughing matter as it is LIFE and death on the line) In romans 1:20 it says the the invisible qualities, divine nature and eternal power of God has been shown through his creation... what is all around you? nature = Gods creation and we know he exists because nature has a natural order for which it was created for. only men go against God just like Satan because he deceived men. Nature is unchanging and does as it was created for. Like fire in the bible people take literally or say its passion or holy spirit but those are mans own interpretation (not truth). You can really perceive a lot through the natural order of things, examine the characteristic of fire, it cleans and burns (heals or destroys, so fire actually means Gods word of judgment that purifies or judges. Gods word, the bible is deeper than you think. Jeramiah 23:29 (NIV)"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?" backs what i say and the bible is the STANDARD in which we check for truth. Just like God nature is unchanging (truth).
25765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 12/9/12 , edited 12/9/12

le_ciel wrote:
How exactly does the prospect of going to heaven after you die put more meaning into your life?

Life is about living, not about fantasizing about some kind of afterlife.

What's more meaningful, thinking you'll live only once and therefore live to the fullest? Or live looking forward to what you believe will be after your death?

Do you know what it means to live life to the fullest?

I think we can all agree that we can come up with different definitions of what "fullest" means. For Christians, life for us is a pilgrimage to God. We are here to know Him, love Him and serve Him as faithful disciples, no matter what vocation (religious or non-religious) or state of life (single or married) we are in. And Heaven is our destination - our true home. Now this doesn't mean we sit there and fantasize about Heaven all day. Of course not. However, since we believe that Heaven is our true home, it places the things of life in their proper perspective and helps us to live accordingly to how God wants us to live our lives in the first place - by loving God and our neighbor, by forgiving and being merciful to one another, by holding in our anger when we want to rip someone's head off unjustly, etc. Living this way will in turn, by God's grace, help us to live an abundant, joyous and grace-filled life. This is basically what it means for Christians to live life to the fullest.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 12/9/12 , edited 12/9/12

myhk31 wrote:

longfenglim, sorry but vegas is correct. you have been deceived lol (not a laughing matter as it is LIFE and death on the line) In romans 1:20 it says the the invisible qualities, divine nature and eternal power of God has been shown through his creation... what is all around you? nature = Gods creation and we know he exists because nature has a natural order for which it was created for. only men go against God just like Satan because he deceived men. Nature is unchanging and does as it was created for. Like fire in the bible people take literally or say its passion or holy spirit but those are mans own interpretation (not truth). You can really perceive a lot through the natural order of things, examine the characteristic of fire, it cleans and burns (heals or destroys, so fire actually means Gods word of judgment that purifies or judges. Gods word, the bible is deeper than you think. Jeramiah 23:29 (NIV)"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?" backs what i say and the bible is the STANDARD in which we check for truth. Just like God nature is unchanging (truth).


I am only correct under the condition that your little Book of Fays, Brownies, Hobgoblins, Gnomes, and other such fantasy is true- if you want to quote liberally from such a book, show me that it is true first, before saying that this is true, God is real, because this book said it is true, and God is real, and this book is true because it said to have comes from the God who it proclaims to be true. See the circularity here? The Holy Rig Vedas said that you will reincarnate into an insect of some sort unless you show proper devotion to the Gods, it also says that the Gods are the origin of life, and that is true because the Rig Vedas said so, and the Rig Vedas is true because it is a divinely inspired book. Let's take your argument that God is nature- if you want the signifier 'God' to signify 'Nature', be my guest, do not apply any of the other attributes of God to nature, nature is an unthinking collection of natural processes and laws, do not apply sentience or design on it until that can be proven.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

suikojay wrote:


le_ciel wrote:
How exactly does the prospect of going to heaven after you die put more meaning into your life?

Life is about living, not about fantasizing about some kind of afterlife.

What's more meaningful, thinking you'll live only once and therefore live to the fullest? Or live looking forward to what you believe will be after your death?

Do you know what it means to live life to the fullest?

I think we can all agree that we can come up with different definitions of what "fullest" means. For Christians, life for us is a pilgrimage to God. We are here to know Him, love Him and serve Him as faithful disciples, no matter what vocation (religious or non-religious) or state of life (single or married) we are in. And Heaven is our destination - our true home. Now this doesn't mean we sit there and fantasize about Heaven all day. Of course not. However, since we believe that Heaven is our true home, it places the things of life in their proper perspective and helps us to live accordingly to how God wants us to live our lives in the first place - by loving God and our neighbor, by forgiving and being merciful to one another, by holding in our anger when we want to rip someone's head off unjustly, etc. Living this way will in turn, by God's grace, help us to live an abundant, joyous and grace-filled life. This is basically what it means for Christians to live life to the fullest.


Clearly, everyone of us here, save the hedonist, would agree, with the Pagan Cynics and Stoics, that the best life is one lived in accordance with Virtue, a life in wisdom, courage, moderation, and justice. Yet, what you suggest to be God's will, that is, loving our neighbour, kindness, mercy, tempering our emotion as to hinder injustice, etc. seems to me something that would lose its value if it is only connected with respect to God, because if there was no God, there is now no reason, if your Christianity is to be taken as you define it, to love these virtues. This brings up Plato's Euthyphro Dilemma, are these things, admirable as they are, good because they are loved by God, or are they loved because they are good inherently. Your answer, it seems to me, leans towards the first, that it is good and should be loved because it is the state God wants us to be in. However, these virtues, if they are not connected to God, would become virtuous in and of itself, essentially good, and so, should be loved for itself, rather loved for another. Therefore, would you not agree that, if living life to its fullest consist of living a life of goodness, a life of goodness can only be lived if the goodness is lived because it is essentially good, and not because God commands it.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/9/12
longfendlim, you are hopeless.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 12/9/12 , edited 12/9/12

-Vega- wrote:

longfendlim, you are hopeless.


As a higher order of man, Dr Manhattan, I have no need of what you humans (if that name can be applied to you) call 'hope', in that there is nothing to 'hope' for, I have achieved perfect manly excellence, what the Latins have called virtus and the Greeks ἀρετή, the perfection and culmination of the progress of man, and the first of the newest order of man, the Overman, to whom all current man is simian, a bittersweet reminder of my origins, sweet in that the works of the lower order amuses me, and bitter in that I am reminded that I came from, and am related to, these things of irrationality. You, however, are worm, with which the lower order looks upon, jeer, and shame, the in same combination I feel towards them, you are to current man, nihilistic valueless man, what they are to me, if I am light to them (and I am), who illumine the world with my infinite gnosis and profound sophia, you are the darkness of ignorance, Moria, the dark veil to be chased out by knowledge!
495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / california
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
Longfenglim, im gonna bring fire upon you but understand its not to hurt you but to help you chsnge your ways. Jesus brought fire (words of judgement) to the pharisees who claim to be believers but they didnt listen to the son of God because they were self righteous and didnt wanna listen to anything even if it was truth.. lets learn from this example.. we would be animals if we repeat this mistake even though God showed it to us so that we wouldnt. First of all, what is an animal? Its a BEAST.. animal-like... if you ask a bear if it knows Gods word, it doesnt, its an animal. In the same way (natural order) God refers to people who are ignorant of his word, as beasts. Btw the foxes on ur avatar is ironic becaue God prophecied that the fox will trample on the vineyards. The fox figuratively represented the pharisees who didnt know Gods word, and the vineyard is Gods people who the parisees (pastors of that time) misled the people (misled = away from God, destroyed, no life) Gods word is very logical you just dont know the depth of it and you do not understand. Its not your fault thought because just like I dont know what you are thinking in ur mind unless you tell me.. we cant know/understand the things of the bible unless God reveals it to us and allows us to perceive because the bible = Gods word = his thoughts and ways, this is also recorded in scriptures. Also speaking of prophecy.. a prophecy is something that is to take place in the future. If there is a prophecy to Gods word then there WILL be a filfillment to it because God always keeps his promise. God recorded prophecies so that when it does happen (fulfill) we will see and believe. God fulfilling his work also shows he is living amd enduring.. if he isnt alive then how did the prophecy fulfill according to his word on top of the fact no one being able to understand his word unless he reveals it to a person. Do you also want to know why ur logic failed you? We know the bible is really Gods true words because it is possible to view it in one big picture from genesis (start) to revelation (end). It is said the scriptures are God breathed meaning its his word and that its not the will of man recorded but the will of Gods. Just like how we use pens and whatnot as tools to write, God used righteous people he specifically chose as instruments to record his word. Even though God used about 35 authors we know its HIS word because all 66 books of the bible relate into one big book and reveals the will/purpose of God. This is why the bible is figuratively referred to as a net, because it all connects. Now the bible is split into two by testaments. Testament simply means covenant/promise so there is a old covenant and a new covenant. Obviously the old promise was not kept which is why there is a new promise. God kept his end of the promise but his people didnt. They didnt believe. We as people living 2, 000 years after Jesus' forst coming, we are living in the times of the new testament. The new promise is for us and the end promise is eternal life for us in heaven above other blessings and this is our hope. It is wise to perceive the value in Gods word not just because God mentioned that the foolish are those who are ignorant of his word but also because its life and death for us. Also we need to know his word and will in order to obey it and never betray him like his previous people did for the past 6, 000 years since the betrayal of Adam. It seems like I just spoke simple words but they are life.. because if you find it important you will want to learn too. I barely scratched the surface you cant even imagine what else is contained deep within the bible.
495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / california
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
Also in accordance to your reply towards suko... those "virtues" are NOT the will of God. Therefore they are NOT the purpose of our lives. God does not care for the worldy... the world belongs to Satan. God is of heaven. Lets say a believer goes to church every sunday, pay tithings, say they accept and believe in Jesus.. is that what God really wants? Going to church every sunday now is that a habit? Or forced upon? Whatever the case may be do you go truly knowing God (to know God is to know his word) and know what he desires? I can tell you most believers unfortunatly do not think its important to understand the bible and if they say they do understand they probably dont because if they did they should know Gods will. Tithing? Now is that for the pastor or what? Does one think God is materialistic and needs/wants money? Again he is not of the world. Lets hypothetically say we use the money to make the church look nicer or go on trips or go on missionaries.. is that what God desires? Also its mentioned that the word is without cost in the bible so I dont know where people get the idea to make money off of it. So are those people actually gonna put a price to Gods precious word that gives life? Put a price to Jesus' sacrifice? So lets say Im poor, I cant learn the word then so is God really unjust God allowing only those with money who can afford to learn? No he said its free but men make him look bad by putting a price IF they even do realize what these so called "christians" are doing. Accept and believe in Jesus.. really?? Is it that simple and easy to go to heaven? So when Jesus said that the path to the kingdom of heaven is like a narrow path not true? Or do believers just disregard that? This is why we must know the true will of God and understand it correctly. Whenever I mention true its because theres a false. Theres a verse that mentions that we must carry out the will of the Father to enter heaven also another one that mentions we must not lovd the world if we hope to enter the kingdom of heaven. Seriously our hope should not be in the world which is just temporary but in heaven which is eternal
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 12/10/12 , edited 12/10/12

myhk31 wrote:

Longfenglim, im gonna bring fire upon you but understand its not to hurt you but to help you chsnge your ways.


Well, bring your fire, so that I may destroy you with my supreme Genius.

Jesus brought fire (words of judgement) to the pharisees who claim to be believers but they didnt listen to the son of God because they were self righteous and didnt wanna listen to anything even if it was truth.. lets learn from this example.. we would be animals if we repeat this mistake even though God showed it to us so that we wouldnt.


Let's look at this logically, the Pharisees had no reason to believe Jesus unless he supported his claim, and, as there are several other supposed Messiahs on the market, as well as Hermetics, Neo-Platonists, amongst other, who claim to be saviours, or at least, able to do supposed miracles, why are they wrong to disbelieve in the claims of some illiterate half-wit from the backwater of Galilee? Is this 'self-righteousness' when people think for themselves?

Likewise, you make a grave error, we are animals. Do you deny that we are, in fact, creatures just as much as the Rabbit, the Swan, or the Worm? Even if you do not accept Darwinian Evolution, you must admit that much, that we are, in fact, animals, and, even if we take your Bible to say that we are privileged animals because we 'are made in the image of God', this privilege does not make us above animality. Thus, we see the brutish illogic of your first post, second, and this current post.


First of all, what is an animal? Its a BEAST.. animal-like... if you ask a bear if it knows Gods word, it doesnt, its an animal. In the same way (natural order) God refers to people who are ignorant of his word, as beasts. Btw the foxes on ur avatar is ironic becaue God prophecied that the fox will trample on the vineyards. The fox figuratively represented the pharisees who didnt know Gods word, and the vineyard is Gods people who the parisees (pastors of that time) misled the people (misled = away from God, destroyed, no life) Gods word is very logical you just dont know the depth of it and you do not understand. Its not your fault thought because just like I dont know what you are thinking in ur mind unless you tell me..


You define animal as beast, and beast as animal like- I am surprised that this gets passed about as logic within any circle, let alone your Christian one, it is a circular definition, if I ask what is animal, the reply would be beast, and if beast, what is animal. See.

Secondly, you do not know if a bear doesn't know God's word, as you said, you do not know the depths of my mind (profound and unending as it is), and I do not know yours (undoubtedly shallow), unless you and I were to have a conversation personally, where I can observe you and your words, and, via the science of Psychology, infer the workings of your mind.

Now, you say that the fox is ironic, and I do not see how, by your example, it would be ironic- I think you have no idea what the word Ironic means. If you want to compare me to a Pharisee, then it would be 'fitting', not 'ironic', irony implies a discrepancy, for example it would be ironic if you were to show how much I am unlike a Pharisee, who is compared to a fox, a sly, intelligent creature, which, if they are able to self-cultivate themselves properly (and rob men of their Yang essence), would become immortal, and do so by transforming into beautiful women.

God's word is not logical, Logic implies there is proofs, and God has yet to prove anything, but states. Thus, when God says: Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind, for it is an abomination- he does not prove that it is an abomination, but simply states that it is an abomination. We, the reader, are left asking 'Why is it an abomination?' Logic, on the other hand, starts with a several premise and derive from them the proof. Take this proof:

Consider two even integers x and y. Since they are even, they can be written as x=2a and y=2b respectively for integers a and b. Then the sum . From this it is clear x+y has 2 as a factor and therefore is even, so the sum of any two even integers is even.

As you can see, the conclusion, the sum of any two even integer is even, is not stated, but shown logically to follow from the definition of integers, and the distributive property. God, clearly, does not work this way, therefore, you must abandon the claim of his logicality.


we cant know/understand the things of the bible unless God reveals it to us and allows us to perceive because the bible = Gods word = his thoughts and ways, this is also recorded in scriptures.


We can't understand or know things of the Poetic Edda, unless Odin, All Father, reveals it to us and allows us to perceive because the Poetic Edda= the Words of Divinely Inspired Poets, and thus, the Bright Aesirs= his thought and ways, this is also recorded in the Prose Edda, the Runic Inscription, the Sagas, etc. See the illogical circularity there- it just does not follow.


Also speaking of prophecy.. a prophecy is something that is to take place in the future. If there is a prophecy to Gods word then there WILL be a filfillment to it because God always keeps his promise. God recorded prophecies so that when it does happen (fulfill) we will see and believe. God fulfilling his work also shows he is living amd enduring.. if he isnt alive then how did the prophecy fulfill according to his word on top of the fact no one being able to understand his word unless he reveals it to a person.


God's prophecy didn't complete- first, you are taking a text, and saying, look, God said so and so will happen, twenty two verses latter, it did in fact occur...within the same text. The Norns prophesied that Bladr will be killed by the mistletoe, and, lo and behold, he was killed by the mistletoe, the Oracle of Delphi predicted that Oedipus will kill his father and mate with is mother, lo and behold, that occurred. Are you trying to use that as a serious argument, because that is just plain idiotic. When God speaks of the Future, say, that there will be a Messiah- the Jews are still waiting, and the Christians, well, they call Jesus the Messiah, and account for the fact that he hasn't completed most of the things required of a Messiah by saying that he will do so when he comes again in the future- by saying prophecy will happen in the future, they can put off any questioning about their supposed prophecy- I can say that the sun shall spontaneously explode and destroy the world 2000 years from now, and that can't be falsified because I won't be there two thousand years from now, nor will you. But, hey, I prophecised it, and, clearly, this prophecy is just as valid as the prophecy that the Messiah will come, the Lost Tribes of Israel will be brought back into the Holy Land, Jesus will come back to send all the baddies to hell, war will rage, etc. Afterall, why is my will any less falsifiable then their wills.



Do you also want to know why ur logic failed you?


Because my Logic doesn't fail me?


We know the bible is really Gods true words because it is possible to view it in one big picture from genesis (start) to revelation (end). It is said the scriptures are God breathed meaning its his word and that its not the will of man recorded but the will of Gods. Just like how we use pens and whatnot as tools to write, God used righteous people he specifically chose as instruments to record his word. Even though God used about 35 authors we know its HIS word because all 66 books of the bible relate into one big book and reveals the will/purpose of God.


Really, this is the same logic that I was arguing against, the same, nonsensical, circular logic- so, God has a book that he said is true, written by men that claim to be divinely inspired, and he choose these men specifically, and this book is true because he said it is true and it expresses his will. It reminds me of several theories floating around in Higher Criticism- but both of them boils to this- there is an author, or a group of authors, who gathered together a bunch of oral traditions, cobble them together to form the Pentateuch. Then, other people, with knowledge of this Pentateuch, began writing their own stories, sometime taking the voice of the supposed Prophets, these became the Nevi'im, latter, the people wanted to write a Court History, these became the Ketuvim, who did so much latter with the knowledge of both the Pentateuch and the Nevi'im, and who were only so eager to point out the similarity between the supposed prophecies of the former books with some historical legend. Then came the New Testament, first with Paul, then the Gospels, who had access to a version of the cobbled together Old Testament, reshape, awkwardly shoe in, and sometime even misread it into the life of Jesus, for example, Jesus' two asses.


This is why the bible is figuratively referred to as a net, because it all connects. Now the bible is split into two by testaments. Testament simply means covenant/promise so there is a old covenant and a new covenant. Obviously the old promise was not kept which is why there is a new promise. God kept his end of the promise but his people didnt. They didnt believe. We as people living 2, 000 years after Jesus' forst coming, we are living in the times of the new testament. The new promise is for us and the end promise is eternal life for us in heaven above other blessings and this is our hope. It is wise to perceive the value in Gods word not just because God mentioned that the foolish are those who are ignorant of his word but also because its life and death for us. Also we need to know his word and will in order to obey it and never betray him like his previous people did for the past 6, 000 years since the betrayal of Adam. It seems like I just spoke simple words but they are life.. because if you find it important you will want to learn too. I barely scratched the surface you cant even imagine what else is contained deep within the bible.


Your bible is a book of fays, hobgoblins, ents, and other such creatures, and not worth taking seriously, if there is any continuity in the Bible, it is only because this continuity was invented by the editors of the Bible, or their exegesis. Your theology is illogical in that God, apparently, new to sacrifice himself to make himself change his own mind. Just as I don't need to cut my hand to convince myself that I don't need my hand cut off, so too is your theology so unsound, it is wonders why the great minds of Western Civilisation even bother to ponder over it. God promised them eternal life, but he made that promise with the knowledge they will break it, and he will have to transfer his promise elsewhere- that bespeaks not of a loving God, but a cruel, malicious, and evil one. God says his word is life and death for man, yet, he decided to only shew it to the Jews, then the Greeks, then the Greco-Roman world, and leave the rest of humanity, the East Asians, the South East Asians, the Americans, the bits of Europe that lived still under Paganism, and all these people, who might want the truth, he decided, you know, let them die in ignorance for the next several generation before I show them my life and death truth. That bespeaks of either an incompetent or an evil God. We either accept your ridiculous Theology, or we go to hell- we must accept that our ancestors are in hell for no fault of their own, but God didn't think they should have his life and death message passed to them earlier, or make his message more widespread and universal, you know, with a big booming voice to tell everyone of his new pact or something. Your God falls beneath the of reason, which sounds, like the trumpets of Jericho, and tumbles the walls of belief, or stubborn devotion, that we may all Glory in freedom from the darkness of ignorance!
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 12/10/12 , edited 12/10/12

myhk31 wrote:

Also in accordance to your reply towards suko... those "virtues" are NOT the will of God. Therefore they are NOT the purpose of our lives. God does not care for the worldy... the world belongs to Satan. God is of heaven. Lets say a believer goes to church every sunday, pay tithings, say they accept and believe in Jesus.. is that what God really wants? Going to church every sunday now is that a habit? Or forced upon? Whatever the case may be do you go truly knowing God (to know God is to know his word) and know what he desires? I can tell you most believers unfortunatly do not think its important to understand the bible and if they say they do understand they probably dont because if they did they should know Gods will. Tithing? Now is that for the pastor or what? Does one think God is materialistic and needs/wants money? Again he is not of the world. Lets hypothetically say we use the money to make the church look nicer or go on trips or go on missionaries.. is that what God desires? Also its mentioned that the word is without cost in the bible so I dont know where people get the idea to make money off of it. So are those people actually gonna put a price to Gods precious word that gives life? Put a price to Jesus' sacrifice? So lets say Im poor, I cant learn the word then so is God really unjust God allowing only those with money who can afford to learn? No he said its free but men make him look bad by putting a price IF they even do realize what these so called "christians" are doing. Accept and believe in Jesus.. really?? Is it that simple and easy to go to heaven? So when Jesus said that the path to the kingdom of heaven is like a narrow path not true? Or do believers just disregard that? This is why we must know the true will of God and understand it correctly. Whenever I mention true its because theres a false. Theres a verse that mentions that we must carry out the will of the Father to enter heaven also another one that mentions we must not lovd the world if we hope to enter the kingdom of heaven. Seriously our hope should not be in the world which is just temporary but in heaven which is eternal




Question 1: Should a Good Christian kill himself?

First Objection: Suicide is clearly a sin, that no Good Christian should partake in, for does not St. Paul tell us: 'If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.' (1 Corth. 3:17) Therefore, as suicide is a clear defilement of our bodies, which is affirmed in the Scriptures to be the Temple of God, and the answer, then, is that suicide is against the will of God,

Second Objection: The Suicide is a mortal sin and an affront to God, for God, the giver of life, also takes away, and is it not the height of impudence to take one's life when the Lord is master of life and death, and so, properly has the final say of these matters?

On the Contrary: The Scripture tells us: 'And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left. And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.' Judges 16:29-30, and was not Samson exemplary in the eyes of the Lord?

I reply that The sanctity of Suicide and its divine approval can be demonstrated in the following way: Is it not good that one die for the greater glory of God? For did not Samson kill himself that he may liberate God's people from the Philistine, did not our Lord, Jesus Christ, himself, lay himself to doom, foreknown doom, that we may glory in his blood, that we are saved? Indeed, for our Lord, through the act of suicide, has released us from our sin. Now, the world, and the material is evil, as the wise Pagan Platon clearly shows in his Timaeus, from which several heresy has sprung, but, guided as we are, by divine light, we see their perversion of the true Christian doctrine, to reunite with God. As all flesh is the work of Satan, not an demiurge as Platon and the heretics suggests, it is the True Christian, that strives to be closer to God, and so kill themselves for the Greater Glory. Did not the Apostles, the Early Church Father, the innumerable saints, did they not knowingly put themselves in such a position that there is no doubt they would be put to death, rather than renounce their beliefs, did they not, indirectly, kill themselves, but kill themselves for the Greater Glory of God. Indeed, the prince of Apostles, St. Peter, turned back to Rome to die, rather than live on, so that he may shew the Romans the Mercy and the Might of the Lord.

Reply to Objection 1: Suicide, when done to expound God's glory, is not done so for defilement, for the temple of God is not the physical body, but the soul, and the defilement is rather the cleansing and bring closer to God of us. Thus, suicide is not only permissible, it is a sacrament which all True Christians must follow. Thus, to not commit suicide is against the will of God, and the furthering of Satan's purpose.

Reply to Objection 2: It is blasphemy to think that when a man kills himself for the Lord, he does not so by the power of the Lord, that he is moved by the holy spirit. Let he who repeat this objection be anathema.


495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / california
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
"Well, bring your fire, so that I may destroy you with my supreme Genius." lol this is pretty self righteous if you ask me.. thought i just explained how the pharisees did wrong because of this. You just proved my case, only thing ur doing is going against everything i said instead of perceiving and understanding haha. Also you may think youre a "genius" but lets see where that takes you. The teachings of heaven is the highest truth and highest teaching and it leads to eternal life, lets see where ur teachings of the world take you.

U are NOT looking at it logically but in the perspective of the foolish believers who rejected the son of God and ended up killing him. You do know that the OT prophecies all point to Jesus right? Jesus already performed many miracles but thats not the reason he came to earth. Also its said in the bible that those that rely on miracles are like infants and its imperfect, why? because even Satan can do miracles lol ur gonna believe in Satans miracle too? of course he wouldnt let know its him thats the whole point of deceiving. Also it amazes me that u are going against what i said when you dont even know ur facts and using ur own thinking.. Jesus was from Nazareth just like it was prophesied before he was born. Let me also tell you this because you probaby didnt perceive this: Galilee is actually the place he went when he resurrected just as he promised (if thats not a miracle to you i dont know what is) and you say Jesus is a half-wit but he had more knowledge in the bible then those pharisees and teachers of the law who supposedly studded the scriptures diligently (they knew it inside and out) BUT who ended up going to heaven who ended up in the pits? tell me whats more valuable to you lol. Self righteousness could also be pride...you dont want/like to be wrong, in ur case because you think ur a "genius".

Yes we are animals because we are similar in many ways shape and form and logic LOL. anyways, God uses animal as a figurative way to express those who dont know his word because animals dont know either or from right and wrong.. theyre "ignorant" Isnt it funny you conisder urself a genius but God considers you ignorant? Also, i explained to you that its figurative and why/how it is used, yet you still take it literally.. even if i told you, you still misunderstand.. no wonder you did not understand even more when no one told you. (FOR EXAMPLE: An infant sees a open bottle that says poison, but the child does not know how to read, so he needs to be taught how to read right? its obvious but when he is told not to drink it will he listen? he may listen sometimes or he may not. Regarding this example, its impossible for someone who is not spiritually matured to learn and listen. This "infant" is you, you are a spiritual infant). If you feel bad about what i said then read this: proverbs 10:21 (NIV) The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of judgment. "fools" = ignorant of Gods word and "judgment" = word of fire to turn their ways and deceitful thinking.

Should i have said "what is an animal? its an ANIMAL"? i said "animal and beast" for emphasis so that you would perceive lol. again you just try to understand it with ur own thinking. Okay then according to your logic we are all animals.. animals are beasts.. so can i call you a beast? doesnt sound too good right? haha. LOL, i used the bear as an example but i couldve used any of the millions of other animal species which im sure u memorized the entire family and scientific name for. Btw no matter how smart you say you are and that you can infer my mind... LETS JUST SAY you can do that lol but no way can you infer Gods thoughts and ways.. the gap is the heavens and the earth.

I said it is ironic you have a picture of a fox because we were talking about beasts and you had a picture of a specific beast that God uses to prophecy about the beasts who were to come at the time of Jesus' first coming. They (pharisees, sadducees, and other teachers of the law) were ignorant of his Word just like you. i know what ironic its a form of figurative language ^^ btw, foxes live and die.

Funny you say God doesnt show proof when half the content of the bible is regarding prophecy and fulfillment. and if you wanted proof God can just appear in front of us so that we will believe, but he doesnt work that way, thats not his WILL. He wants true believers who seek and believe when it is hard to believe (hard to believe because of peoples own thinking, doubts and deception) The 12 disciples of Jesus were mere fisherman and farmers but God was truly happy and pleased with them because while everyone else didnt believe they did. Also apostle Paul was one of the head pharisees but he gave up all he had for truth.

you must love ur circularity defense claim lol. Anyways, first of all ur trying to compare God with mere men lol. Also i even explained knowing you wouldnt understand.. just like how we cant understand other peoples thoughts and way unless they tell us, we cant understand Gods word unless he tells us.. if we cant understand a mere mans thoughts how can we understand God's? Perceive.

AGAIN, ur comparing man, even YOURSELF! to God.. how can you?? lol you do know Satan fell because he wanted to be higher than God the creator of everything right? FOR EXAMPLE: is it okay that u call ur parents your kids? "sup son" to your dad and having more authority than him because ur the "dad" ...doesnt make sense.. thats not the natural order. Also, you cant say what you dont know for sure so nice try with the sun exploding example.. on the other hand God can, he is truth and it everything fulfills according to his word/will. Also, the prophecies and fulfillment are actually not in the same chapter/book, its separated by hundreds of years and in text the old testament has the prophecies and the new testament has the fulfillment... and since Gods work isnt finish of course theres still more prophecies to be fulfilled before Gods works is completely finished (revelation) And you may think that the bible is just simple words and text but if you know understand it and perceive the value of it you would know it is Gods true words and it is life. i also explained that even though about 35 authors wrote the bible it is Gods word (all scriptures are God breathed) and we know its true because of how the whole bible connects and how the prophecies fulfill according to the words written, also the wars mentioned in the NT are NOT physical wars. The bible is not as easy as you think lol

U speak without knowledge and understanding... God and Jesus is not the same entity.. they were one as in Spirit and flesh. Does ur logics say it makes sense that Jesus prayed to himself on the mountain calling himself father? Also the reason why God chose the jews is because they were weak and through them his glory would be revealed because the world will know without God they wouldnt have been able to do the things they have done. BUT the will of God is to save all mankind but that is not possible because of their sinfulness and ignorance. "lack of knowledge destroyed my people". God also gives his people time to repent of their betrayal and sins but they dont.. if they have sin they are one with Satan, his enemy thus of course they will be judged... did you know that and said what you said?
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.