First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Life more meaningful when you believe that God exists?
4336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
i still believe its more meaningful with god cuz if it werent for god id most probably would have died by now... i was in a very depressed state of mind a few months ago. thought of killing myself. but i realized he owns my life so i had no right to take it.
1187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Look.... im right...
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
To some extent it will be more meaningful to think that there is life after death. But like what others have stated, its also fulfilling to think that after this life there is nothingness. People who think like this, tend to try to live their lives to the best way possible and enjoy it, thus living a meaningful life. In my case, before i die i want to leave a legacy, so that generations after me will remember me.

Whereas if you believe in a higher being, some people will tend to commit their life into worshiping and not living a life the way it should be. But If that's the way they would want to think about life, that is to worship and praise a God and committing themselves to this God, then life is meaningful for them. That is if they believe in what they do without doubts.

When it comes down to it, a person's perspective about life is the main factor that determines the meaningfulness of their life. Whether your an agnostic, atheist or a religious person, your life will be meaningful if you choose it to be.
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

digs wrote:

There is a "Middle Man" and that is Jesus. He is our Intercessor in heaven and the One who forgives our sins and shows us the Father. In the beginning God created the world perfectly, however with our free will we chose to allow sin into it.


it's because of Satan that influenced man, not free will.
25685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/19/09
people will remember you but what it is too you? nothing.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
37013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 2/19/09

fireyhope wrote:


digs wrote:

There is a "Middle Man" and that is Jesus. He is our Intercessor in heaven and the One who forgives our sins and shows us the Father. In the beginning God created the world perfectly, however with our free will we chose to allow sin into it.


it's because of Satan that influenced man, not free will.


Satan tempted man, and man chose to sin with his choice to do so (free will).
Posted 2/19/09 , edited 2/19/09
I remember when I asked my aunt if she believed in God and Heaven etc. and she said that she didn't. So I asked her where she thought her soul would end up after she had died. She just said "Everything becomes black. You don't exist."
I didn't like her very much

But I don't know really. Life can still be as valuable or even more valuable whether you believe in God or not. I'm more concerned about the afterlife And I just felt so bad for my aunt when she said that it would just be black, I think it even scared me, I was 6 so.. Yeah.
5231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

-IRONMAN- wrote:

people will remember you but what it is too you? nothing.


It might not mean anything to you, but others might feel that being remembered, even if it's only by one person for a very short time, gives their life meaning.
5891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Imagination Land
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

-IRONMAN- wrote:

Life has no purpose if you don't believe that God exists. You live for a period of time and then what? You die, and after you die there is nothing, what is life without God? pointless its so stupid that if there was no God its better if we never did exist, we wouldn't need to suffer. But if there was a God its a different story, you die and you go to heaven (or hope to) which i think puts more meaning into life


That's because life isn't meaningful; accept it and live on. We people who have managed to generate thought and opinion are the ones who define whats meaningful & whats not. It's the little things such as joy that make us want to live on, even though our existence is pointless.

But your thread to believing in God pretty much explains how it's a resort for you, as you fear having no meaning to existing. It's a glimmer of hope, but its also a false one. I won't criticize you for believing though; anything that makes you happy is worth believing in.

1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/19/09 , edited 2/19/09
I fail to see your point. When there is no God in your life, you have the freedom to choose your own meaning of life and can sometimes be more purposeful per say than the idea of going to heaven. God does not, in my opinion, add purpose to one's life. It's just a general view of morals and preferred action of the general populous of an area. Heaven is like a bribe to behave like "they" want you to. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing. I just can't believe,myself, that I should need to join into that group or culture. I have my goals and my aspirations. I have a general view of what I want for my own death and how I want to feel looking back at my life. What happens afterwards doesn't matter, because my thoughts end when my brain ceases to function. There's no need to worry about an end I can't change.
6413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Boulevard of brok...
Offline
Posted 2/19/09
.....that's true....when I was a kid I really hate god because of so many bad things happened in my life and all I wanted to do is to kill myself....then I don't know what happened next...I just realized that god is good and I believe in him then I am happy (lets just say happier than before).......In short, I think life can be meaningful if we believe in him.....

(this is my opinion so please respect)
4336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

joyce_neji wrote:

.....that's true....when I was a kid I really hate god because of so many bad things happened in my life and all I wanted to do is to kill myself....then I don't know what happened next...I just realized that god is good and I believe in him then I am happy (lets just say happier than before).......In short, I think life can be meaningful if we believe in him.....

(this is my opinion so please respect)


i used to feel that way too. i was really bullied back then, being treated as an outcast or some sort of curse (but looking back its hilarious). then i asked god to give me a friend and life went a LITTLE better after that...

6413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Boulevard of brok...
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

Escha wrote:


joyce_neji wrote:

.....that's true....when I was a kid I really hate god because of so many bad things happened in my life and all I wanted to do is to kill myself....then I don't know what happened next...I just realized that god is good and I believe in him then I am happy (lets just say happier than before).......In short, I think life can be meaningful if we believe in him.....

(this is my opinion so please respect)


i used to feel that way too. i was really bullied back then, being treated as an outcast or some sort of curse (but looking back its hilarious). then i asked god to give me a friend and life went a LITTLE better after that...



that's great! I thought people would hate me coz I believe in god






....I was abused before....
4336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

joyce_neji wrote:


Escha wrote:


joyce_neji wrote:

.....that's true....when I was a kid I really hate god because of so many bad things happened in my life and all I wanted to do is to kill myself....then I don't know what happened next...I just realized that god is good and I believe in him then I am happy (lets just say happier than before).......In short, I think life can be meaningful if we believe in him.....

(this is my opinion so please respect)


i used to feel that way too. i was really bullied back then, being treated as an outcast or some sort of curse (but looking back its hilarious). then i asked god to give me a friend and life went a LITTLE better after that...



that's great! I thought people would hate me coz I believe in god






....I was abused before....

of course not. i have some unbeliever friends who dont care as long as i dont lose my insanity...

6413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Boulevard of brok...
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

Escha wrote:


joyce_neji wrote:


Escha wrote:


joyce_neji wrote:

.....that's true....when I was a kid I really hate god because of so many bad things happened in my life and all I wanted to do is to kill myself....then I don't know what happened next...I just realized that god is good and I believe in him then I am happy (lets just say happier than before).......In short, I think life can be meaningful if we believe in him.....

(this is my opinion so please respect)


i used to feel that way too. i was really bullied back then, being treated as an outcast or some sort of curse (but looking back its hilarious). then i asked god to give me a friend and life went a LITTLE better after that...



that's great! I thought people would hate me coz I believe in god






....I was abused before....

of course not. i have some unbeliever friends who dont care as long as i dont lose my insanity...



all of my friends believe in god but only a few people here at CR believe in god
4336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

joyce_neji wrote:


Escha wrote:


joyce_neji wrote:


Escha wrote:


joyce_neji wrote:

.....that's true....when I was a kid I really hate god because of so many bad things happened in my life and all I wanted to do is to kill myself....then I don't know what happened next...I just realized that god is good and I believe in him then I am happy (lets just say happier than before).......In short, I think life can be meaningful if we believe in him.....

(this is my opinion so please respect)


i used to feel that way too. i was really bullied back then, being treated as an outcast or some sort of curse (but looking back its hilarious). then i asked god to give me a friend and life went a LITTLE better after that...



that's great! I thought people would hate me coz I believe in god






....I was abused before....

of course not. i have some unbeliever friends who dont care as long as i dont lose my insanity...



all of my friends believe in god but only a few people here at CR believe in god


actually, quite a lot of people in CR believe in go. theyre just not saved. i think...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.