First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Life more meaningful when you believe that God exists?
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 2/21/09

Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Well you have to believe in something, or else what is the point of your existence?

Kinda sad when someone brings up a topic about God, atheist become butthurt and feel like they need to respond to every.single.one as if they're making some kind of point by shouting over their keyboards, "There is no God, "Theory of Evolution!"

Actually I'm getting tired of both of them arguing about God and if there is one. Because obviously neither of them are getting through to each other.


butt hurt? do you think Ozzy Osbourne is butt hurt?

Do u think Metallica is butt hurt?

Do you think people who enjoy living are butt hurt?

no people are just annoyed of Christians and Religious people who think they are better then everybody else when they say things like life has no meaning if you don't beleive in god.

Yeah i'm sure Metallica thinks there life doesn't have any existence, they love music they do what they love doing, brings meaning to there life.


Lol, whatever. I've proven my point.

Well maybe butthurt wasn't the right word, couldn't think of anything else.


what point? that alot of Christian Denominations are annoying little pests?
Jehova Witnesses, Pentacostal etc...


No, that atheist feel the need to bash every Christian they find when a topic is made about God. That again, some Christian bash atheists, so I guess it doesn't matter.



well the idealogy of Christianity and, Christianity itself is supposedly very old evolved alot, and Christianity does have a very bloody past...

hmmm well i'm pretty sure Christianity was butt hurt first about Darwin's theory of evolution and shuns him even till this day.
Posted 2/21/09

fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Well you have to believe in something, or else what is the point of your existence?

Kinda sad when someone brings up a topic about God, atheist become butthurt and feel like they need to respond to every.single.one as if they're making some kind of point by shouting over their keyboards, "There is no God, "Theory of Evolution!"

Actually I'm getting tired of both of them arguing about God and if there is one. Because obviously neither of them are getting through to each other.


butt hurt? do you think Ozzy Osbourne is butt hurt?

Do u think Metallica is butt hurt?

Do you think people who enjoy living are butt hurt?

no people are just annoyed of Christians and Religious people who think they are better then everybody else when they say things like life has no meaning if you don't beleive in god.

Yeah i'm sure Metallica thinks there life doesn't have any existence, they love music they do what they love doing, brings meaning to there life.


Lol, whatever. I've proven my point.

Well maybe butthurt wasn't the right word, couldn't think of anything else.


what point? that alot of Christian Denominations are annoying little pests?
Jehova Witnesses, Pentacostal etc...


No, that atheist feel the need to bash every Christian they find when a topic is made about God. That again, some Christian bash atheists, so I guess it doesn't matter.



well the idealogy of Christianity and, Christianity itself is supposedly very old evolved alot, and Christianity does have a very bloody past...

hmmm well i'm pretty sure Christianity was butt hurt first about Darwin's theory of evolution and shuns him even till this day.


I honestly don't care.

You see, I'm not one of those "holy sanctified Christians." I don't try to convert people, I don't scream, "God is the right way to salvation!" and I don't post topics about it eaither, I don't always believe what my pastor says, I don't gay bash and I have no problem with atheist because even I have problems believing in something I can't see.

Don't believe in the theory of Evolution or Darwin's theory. Never cared for a scientist opinion about the earth and what will happen to it and 2012, yeah, right.
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 2/21/09

Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Well you have to believe in something, or else what is the point of your existence?

Kinda sad when someone brings up a topic about God, atheist become butthurt and feel like they need to respond to every.single.one as if they're making some kind of point by shouting over their keyboards, "There is no God, "Theory of Evolution!"

Actually I'm getting tired of both of them arguing about God and if there is one. Because obviously neither of them are getting through to each other.


butt hurt? do you think Ozzy Osbourne is butt hurt?

Do u think Metallica is butt hurt?

Do you think people who enjoy living are butt hurt?

no people are just annoyed of Christians and Religious people who think they are better then everybody else when they say things like life has no meaning if you don't beleive in god.

Yeah i'm sure Metallica thinks there life doesn't have any existence, they love music they do what they love doing, brings meaning to there life.


Lol, whatever. I've proven my point.

Well maybe butthurt wasn't the right word, couldn't think of anything else.


what point? that alot of Christian Denominations are annoying little pests?
Jehova Witnesses, Pentacostal etc...


No, that atheist feel the need to bash every Christian they find when a topic is made about God. That again, some Christian bash atheists, so I guess it doesn't matter.



well the idealogy of Christianity and, Christianity itself is supposedly very old evolved alot, and Christianity does have a very bloody past...

hmmm well i'm pretty sure Christianity was butt hurt first about Darwin's theory of evolution and shuns him even till this day.


I honestly don't care.

You see, I'm not one of those "holy sanctified Christians." I don't try to convert people, I don't scream, "God is the right way to salvation!" and I don't post topics about it eaither, I don't always believe what my pastor says, I don't gay bash and I have no problem with atheist because even I have problems believing in something I can't see.

Don't believe in the theory of Evolution or Darwin's theory. Never cared for a scientist opinion about the earth and what will happen to it and 2012, yeah, right.


you don't however plenty of your other Christian Denominations and arguments within the church sure do.

I'm pretty sure you don't care about Darwin's Theory however i'm not talking about you, i'm talking about the past and how much the Christians hated Darwin and they were the ones who were butt hurt first.
Posted 2/21/09

fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Well you have to believe in something, or else what is the point of your existence?

Kinda sad when someone brings up a topic about God, atheist become butthurt and feel like they need to respond to every.single.one as if they're making some kind of point by shouting over their keyboards, "There is no God, "Theory of Evolution!"

Actually I'm getting tired of both of them arguing about God and if there is one. Because obviously neither of them are getting through to each other.


butt hurt? do you think Ozzy Osbourne is butt hurt?

Do u think Metallica is butt hurt?

Do you think people who enjoy living are butt hurt?

no people are just annoyed of Christians and Religious people who think they are better then everybody else when they say things like life has no meaning if you don't beleive in god.

Yeah i'm sure Metallica thinks there life doesn't have any existence, they love music they do what they love doing, brings meaning to there life.


Lol, whatever. I've proven my point.

Well maybe butthurt wasn't the right word, couldn't think of anything else.


what point? that alot of Christian Denominations are annoying little pests?
Jehova Witnesses, Pentacostal etc...


No, that atheist feel the need to bash every Christian they find when a topic is made about God. That again, some Christian bash atheists, so I guess it doesn't matter.



well the idealogy of Christianity and, Christianity itself is supposedly very old evolved alot, and Christianity does have a very bloody past...

hmmm well i'm pretty sure Christianity was butt hurt first about Darwin's theory of evolution and shuns him even till this day.


I honestly don't care.

You see, I'm not one of those "holy sanctified Christians." I don't try to convert people, I don't scream, "God is the right way to salvation!" and I don't post topics about it eaither, I don't always believe what my pastor says, I don't gay bash and I have no problem with atheist because even I have problems believing in something I can't see.

Don't believe in the theory of Evolution or Darwin's theory. Never cared for a scientist opinion about the earth and what will happen to it and 2012, yeah, right.


you don't however plenty of your other Christian Denominations and arguments within the church sure do.

I'm pretty sure you don't care about Darwin's Theory however i'm not talking about you, i'm talking about the past and how much the Christians hated Darwin and they were the ones who were butt hurt first.


Whatever, doesn't matter to me what the Christian's did back than.
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 2/22/09

Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Well you have to believe in something, or else what is the point of your existence?

Kinda sad when someone brings up a topic about God, atheist become butthurt and feel like they need to respond to every.single.one as if they're making some kind of point by shouting over their keyboards, "There is no God, "Theory of Evolution!"

Actually I'm getting tired of both of them arguing about God and if there is one. Because obviously neither of them are getting through to each other.


butt hurt? do you think Ozzy Osbourne is butt hurt?

Do u think Metallica is butt hurt?

Do you think people who enjoy living are butt hurt?

no people are just annoyed of Christians and Religious people who think they are better then everybody else when they say things like life has no meaning if you don't beleive in god.

Yeah i'm sure Metallica thinks there life doesn't have any existence, they love music they do what they love doing, brings meaning to there life.


Lol, whatever. I've proven my point.

Well maybe butthurt wasn't the right word, couldn't think of anything else.


what point? that alot of Christian Denominations are annoying little pests?
Jehova Witnesses, Pentacostal etc...


No, that atheist feel the need to bash every Christian they find when a topic is made about God. That again, some Christian bash atheists, so I guess it doesn't matter.



well the idealogy of Christianity and, Christianity itself is supposedly very old evolved alot, and Christianity does have a very bloody past...

hmmm well i'm pretty sure Christianity was butt hurt first about Darwin's theory of evolution and shuns him even till this day.


I honestly don't care.

You see, I'm not one of those "holy sanctified Christians." I don't try to convert people, I don't scream, "God is the right way to salvation!" and I don't post topics about it eaither, I don't always believe what my pastor says, I don't gay bash and I have no problem with atheist because even I have problems believing in something I can't see.

Don't believe in the theory of Evolution or Darwin's theory. Never cared for a scientist opinion about the earth and what will happen to it and 2012, yeah, right.


you don't however plenty of your other Christian Denominations and arguments within the church sure do.

I'm pretty sure you don't care about Darwin's Theory however i'm not talking about you, i'm talking about the past and how much the Christians hated Darwin and they were the ones who were butt hurt first.


Whatever, doesn't matter to me what the Christian's did back than.


really thats interesting, i guess you just have no interest in all the bad things christianity has done, only all the good ones i guess.
Posted 2/22/09

fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Well you have to believe in something, or else what is the point of your existence?

Kinda sad when someone brings up a topic about God, atheist become butthurt and feel like they need to respond to every.single.one as if they're making some kind of point by shouting over their keyboards, "There is no God, "Theory of Evolution!"

Actually I'm getting tired of both of them arguing about God and if there is one. Because obviously neither of them are getting through to each other.


butt hurt? do you think Ozzy Osbourne is butt hurt?

Do u think Metallica is butt hurt?

Do you think people who enjoy living are butt hurt?

no people are just annoyed of Christians and Religious people who think they are better then everybody else when they say things like life has no meaning if you don't beleive in god.

Yeah i'm sure Metallica thinks there life doesn't have any existence, they love music they do what they love doing, brings meaning to there life.


Lol, whatever. I've proven my point.

Well maybe butthurt wasn't the right word, couldn't think of anything else.


what point? that alot of Christian Denominations are annoying little pests?
Jehova Witnesses, Pentacostal etc...


No, that atheist feel the need to bash every Christian they find when a topic is made about God. That again, some Christian bash atheists, so I guess it doesn't matter.



well the idealogy of Christianity and, Christianity itself is supposedly very old evolved alot, and Christianity does have a very bloody past...

hmmm well i'm pretty sure Christianity was butt hurt first about Darwin's theory of evolution and shuns him even till this day.


I honestly don't care.

You see, I'm not one of those "holy sanctified Christians." I don't try to convert people, I don't scream, "God is the right way to salvation!" and I don't post topics about it eaither, I don't always believe what my pastor says, I don't gay bash and I have no problem with atheist because even I have problems believing in something I can't see.

Don't believe in the theory of Evolution or Darwin's theory. Never cared for a scientist opinion about the earth and what will happen to it and 2012, yeah, right.


you don't however plenty of your other Christian Denominations and arguments within the church sure do.

I'm pretty sure you don't care about Darwin's Theory however i'm not talking about you, i'm talking about the past and how much the Christians hated Darwin and they were the ones who were butt hurt first.


Whatever, doesn't matter to me what the Christian's did back than.


really thats interesting, i guess you just have no interest in all the bad things christianity has done, only all the good ones i guess.


No, not really. I'm not looking at the good or the bad, I'm just worried about what I can do to make me a better person.
137308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 2/22/09
i think so too
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/22/09
I don't like so, I think believing in God takes away some of the meaning of life.
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 2/23/09

Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Well you have to believe in something, or else what is the point of your existence?

Kinda sad when someone brings up a topic about God, atheist become butthurt and feel like they need to respond to every.single.one as if they're making some kind of point by shouting over their keyboards, "There is no God, "Theory of Evolution!"

Actually I'm getting tired of both of them arguing about God and if there is one. Because obviously neither of them are getting through to each other.


butt hurt? do you think Ozzy Osbourne is butt hurt?

Do u think Metallica is butt hurt?

Do you think people who enjoy living are butt hurt?

no people are just annoyed of Christians and Religious people who think they are better then everybody else when they say things like life has no meaning if you don't beleive in god.

Yeah i'm sure Metallica thinks there life doesn't have any existence, they love music they do what they love doing, brings meaning to there life.


Lol, whatever. I've proven my point.

Well maybe butthurt wasn't the right word, couldn't think of anything else.


what point? that alot of Christian Denominations are annoying little pests?
Jehova Witnesses, Pentacostal etc...


No, that atheist feel the need to bash every Christian they find when a topic is made about God. That again, some Christian bash atheists, so I guess it doesn't matter.



well the idealogy of Christianity and, Christianity itself is supposedly very old evolved alot, and Christianity does have a very bloody past...

hmmm well i'm pretty sure Christianity was butt hurt first about Darwin's theory of evolution and shuns him even till this day.


I honestly don't care.

You see, I'm not one of those "holy sanctified Christians." I don't try to convert people, I don't scream, "God is the right way to salvation!" and I don't post topics about it eaither, I don't always believe what my pastor says, I don't gay bash and I have no problem with atheist because even I have problems believing in something I can't see.

Don't believe in the theory of Evolution or Darwin's theory. Never cared for a scientist opinion about the earth and what will happen to it and 2012, yeah, right.


you don't however plenty of your other Christian Denominations and arguments within the church sure do.

I'm pretty sure you don't care about Darwin's Theory however i'm not talking about you, i'm talking about the past and how much the Christians hated Darwin and they were the ones who were butt hurt first.


Whatever, doesn't matter to me what the Christian's did back than.


really thats interesting, i guess you just have no interest in all the bad things christianity has done, only all the good ones i guess.


No, not really. I'm not looking at the good or the bad, I'm just worried about what I can do to make me a better person.


yes because people who aren't christian can't be a better person.
Posted 2/23/09
[


Whatever you say.

I no longer wish to continue such a pointless discussion.
17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/23/09 , edited 2/23/09

Gaia93 wrote:

[


[
Whatever you say.

I no longer wish to continue such a pointless discussion.

Well he has a point. Being good has nothing to do with a god.
Life seems to have more meaning once you get past the Religouse Chains.




4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/23/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Real_ZERO wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

Wouldn't it give our current lives less meaning, since it's just a stepping stone to the afterlife? If the only point of us being alive now is so that we can prove where we deserve to be in the afterlife, I don't see much "meaning" there.


I think you are right and he is right too,

It is like you walk in a long way, when you know where to go is different that you don't know[meaningful]

However if you slip or lose something during that then you have to be patient and stand up again to complete walking because any condition you are in( in this world) is a temporary [ less meaning]


I don't know if you're using bad grammar or I just don't understand it, but your metaphor makes it 100 times more confusing than it actually is.


Real_ZERO wrote:
I think you are right and he is right too,

It is like you are walking a long way, if you know where you go, it is different that you don't know [meaningful]

However if you slip or lose something during that. Then you will be patient and will stand up again because you know that any condition you are in( in this life) is a temporary [ less meaning] that will help you to complete walking.




Edited: a try 2 clear up some confusion.


I think I get what you're trying to say now...

"The path through life is more meaningful if you know where you are going, but at the same time knowing the destination will cause you to underestimate the importance of the journey."

If that's what you're saying, then I have to disagree. Even non-believers know where their path leads (the end of their existence) but knowing that makes them value their journey even more, because they know there is no reward at the end and the journey is all they have to live for, so they appreciate it as much as possible.

People who do believe in an afterlife know that what they do along the journey will affect where their path leads them, so as long as they do certain things then they will end up in a good place. They don't care what they find along the path, as long as they do what they need to do in order to get to where they want to go, then they will be happy and won't care about any treasures that they find along the way since they won't matter in the end.


thats not completely true about all believers, i find all kinds of stuff on the path in this world that mean a lot to me (such as martial arts).It may not mean ne thing in the end either way, but i still treasure it reguardless.And many religious people dont use this life as a "stepping stone" any more. They stopped that back in America's early conlonization. We wouldnt be living in modern society if we believed none of this mattered. peace over war
Posted 2/24/09 , edited 2/24/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

[


[
Whatever you say.

I no longer wish to continue such a pointless discussion.

Well he has a point. Being good has nothing to do with a god.
Life seems to have more meaning once you get past the Religouse Chains.






Being good has nothing to do with a god.

Yeah, I know that. aNd what I mean by pointless is what is the point with an atheist arguing with a christian? We're not getting anywhere, that's why I wanted it to end.
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 2/24/09

Gaia93 wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

[


[
Whatever you say.

I no longer wish to continue such a pointless discussion.

Well he has a point. Being good has nothing to do with a god.
Life seems to have more meaning once you get past the Religouse Chains.






Being good has nothing to do with a god.

Yeah, I know that. aNd what I mean by pointless is what is the point with an atheist arguing with a christian? We're not getting anywhere, that's why I wanted it to end.

who said i was ever an atheist? no the reason why you didn't want it to end is for a fact you don't have a good explanation. that you think u need god to live a happy life, which is untrue, there are people in the world that can live happily without needing a god in there life.

I do in fact possibly think there is a God out there, i just don't beleive in Christianity.
Posted 2/24/09

fireyhope wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

[


[
Whatever you say.

I no longer wish to continue such a pointless discussion.

Well he has a point. Being good has nothing to do with a god.
Life seems to have more meaning once you get past the Religouse Chains.






Being good has nothing to do with a god.

Yeah, I know that. aNd what I mean by pointless is what is the point with an atheist arguing with a christian? We're not getting anywhere, that's why I wanted it to end.

who said i was ever an atheist? no the reason why you didn't want it to end is for a fact you don't have a good explanation. that you think u need god to live a happy life, which is untrue, there are people in the world that can live happily without needing a god in there life.

I do in fact possibly think there is a God out there, i just don't beleive in Christianity.

no the reason why you didn't want it to end is for a fact you don't have a good explanation.
You're right, I don't have a good explanation, but I still no longer wish for it to continue.

that you think u need god to live a happy life,
You don't know anything about me, what I've been through or why I think I need God. My life has been misrable, so when I found God it made me feel like that the little bit of happines came back. I don't need you to tell me anything. If that what makes me happy, than so be it.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.