Post Reply Is it morally acceptable to experiment on non-human animals to develop products and medicines that benefit human beings?
Member
1829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 2/18/09 , edited 2/18/09
hi guys!! please answer this question..

:: Is it morally acceptable to experiment on non-human animals to develop products and medicines that benefit human beings? : :

> this is our topic in our debate...
> please help me in mbuilding uo some strong arguments..!!

> i know that all of us here in this group really loves animals..so please help me up!!

> thanks alot!! i'm looking forward for ur answers..!!
Member
21200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 2/18/09 , edited 2/18/09

minako151992 wrote:

hi guys!! please answer this question..

:: Is it morally acceptable to experiment on non-human animals to develop products and medicines that benefit human beings? : :

> this is our topic in our debate...
> please help me in mbuilding uo some strong arguments..!!

> i know that all of us here in this group really loves animals..so please help me up!!

> thanks alot!! i'm looking forward for ur answers..!!


Question: Is it morally acceptable to experiment on non-human animals to develop products and medicines that benefit human beings?

My Answer: It depends a lot on what the product is and what animal the product would be tested on. You have to think of it as this. Yes animal's lives are important no doubt. But more important that a human being?

Take this for example... A human can conceive a baby only once every year only if they can and want to. A rabbit on the other hand usually has 4-9 babies every 28-35 days.

These testing labs usually test on pigs because it has been found pigs have a very close genetic makeup to that of humans. These pigs are also breaded for this exact reason... to be experimented on... not a nice thought is it, but still, they know no different.

And before you say it, most medicine testers test products on themselves once it has gone through the first stage.

The thing you have to ask yourself is would you rather humans died or animals?

I love animals to bits but to see people like me die... I would not like that at all...

So my answer is... It depends on the Medicine...

~Adam~

23590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
hmm its depends wat its for tho..
Creator
10402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 2/18/09 , edited 5/5/09
ya i agree with you Sopeydragon
it is a hard question but i think medicines are so important and i think it is acceptable because they have no choice there is a lot of diseases so they need the help of animals to discover the medicine but for products it is unacceptable for example make up, i mean people will not die if they didn't find that product so it depends on if it is so important thing or not .
i feel sad about these animals but that is the life
i hope scientist will find another thing to experiment there products and medicines on and never use animals !!
Member
1829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 2/19/09
thanks alot guys!! :D
Member
186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / On the computer
Offline
Posted 2/19/09
It depends on what it's for. If it's medicine then I'm for it. Sure, animals' lives are important because they also live on this planet, but it's natural for us humans to put our own species first. Also, humans are the more dominant species, so it is our role to use animals. Another point is that some animals were domesticated for research.
So in the end it comes down to the question, Is the life of a rabbit that's going to live 5 years worth more or equal to a life of a human that's going to live 70?
Member
13676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / on earth....
Offline
Posted 6/26/09
it depends. if they test on animals for medicine and to find a cure, there is a purpose. however, i still cannot remove the fact that it is torture. but if it is for cosmetic products and out of boredom, then it is wrong and must never be accepted or not cared about.
Member
2397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Iligan City, Phil...
Offline
Posted 8/6/09
definitely no...


what ever the circumstance, we have no right
to get life out of something...
Member
26747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / in my motherland'...
Offline
Posted 9/5/09

eliezahorre wrote:

definitely no...


what ever the circumstance, we have no right
to get life out of something...


i DEFINITELY agree with u!!! if they want to experiment why not try things in THEIR body!!??
Member
2027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles (sout...
Offline
Posted 9/8/09
i would say no we shouldn't but then i think about all the people suffering with different illnesses and how they are being tormented, yet the remedies are still far from completed. So as a human the pain of another human is more greater than that of another species. But i am against the cruel treatment of animals under any other circumstance, Beauty is not Health.
Member
3850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / City of NY
Offline
Posted 1/9/10
The same with make up. They test it on animals before on humans.
I think that's insane! WHY LOSE LIVES FOR MAKE UP?
Make up is crap compared to the poor animals!
I'm sry to curse, but it gets me so pissed off to see animals suffer for our own useless goods.
Member
3850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / City of NY
Offline
Posted 1/9/10

nehe8a wrote:

i would say no we shouldn't but then i think about all the people suffering with different illnesses and how they are being tormented, yet the remedies are still far from completed. So as a human the pain of another human is more greater than that of another species. But i am against the cruel treatment of animals under any other circumstance, Beauty is not Health.


You r SOOO true! Beauty is not health= 100% (Except for chicken pox lol)
You must be logged in to post.