First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
It's official parents in Britain are morons.
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

CharlieLow wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


CharlieLow wrote:

Hah I live in Britain...
And most of my friends spend their time going up a hill and getting drunk,
Then making out with eachother...
>_>


Well I hope they don't think you're a loser for not joining them in their escapades because people who don't accept you as you are not friends.


Mmmm...
I'm like the only one who doesn't drink...
And I always get called shit...
=/


Well it might be time to find some new friends then.
Posted 2/18/09
yea my cousin in england has a neighbor she's 14 and pregnant.
Plus she calls her mom and dad bitches and crap like that...u can always hear them fighting.
602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / England :)
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

vick1986 wrote:


CharlieLow wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


CharlieLow wrote:

Hah I live in Britain...
And most of my friends spend their time going up a hill and getting drunk,
Then making out with eachother...
>_>


Well I hope they don't think you're a loser for not joining them in their escapades because people who don't accept you as you are not friends.


Mmmm...
I'm like the only one who doesn't drink...
And I always get called shit...
=/


Well it might be time to find some new friends then.


Yeah,
I don't go there much now....
But she's nice when she's sober...
915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Arizona
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

vick1986 wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2247914.ece

Honestly they can't be bothered to teach their kids about sex (see the insanely high teenage pregnancy rates) yet they get furious when doctors give their daughters the very things that prevent pregnancy. Since that supposedly equals giving them the green light to have sex. I say stop being so anal about it and give your kids the green light to have sex already after talking about what they should and shouldn't do and what is and isn't acceptable. It's simple the kids are going for a ride anyway if you ask me having them drive safely through green lights beats having them race through red lights like bunch of fucking morons (pun intended).




I'm almost offended since I live in the UK. I agree that there are SOME terrible parents in Britain who have no idea on how to discipline their kids and how to teach them things about sex and contraceptives etc. etc., however, not every British parents is that way in this country. Some of them raise their kids to be excellent members of society.

I just wished you would have said SOME parents in Britain are morons.. You made it sound like that ALL parents are. And yes Britain has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe or the wrost rail way system in Europe but it's not everyone's fault. Please don't generalise.. You are apparently not British, if you aren't, then why do you worry about it? I live here and I don't even care about this stuff.
915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Arizona
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

CharlieLow wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


CharlieLow wrote:

Hah I live in Britain...
And most of my friends spend their time going up a hill and getting drunk,
Then making out with eachother...
>_>


Well I hope they don't think you're a loser for not joining them in their escapades because people who don't accept you as you are not friends.


Mmmm...
I'm like the only one who doesn't drink...
And I always get called shit...
=/


Then they're not really your friends...
602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / England :)
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

KumakoXsd wrote:


CharlieLow wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


CharlieLow wrote:

Hah I live in Britain...
And most of my friends spend their time going up a hill and getting drunk,
Then making out with eachother...
>_>


Well I hope they don't think you're a loser for not joining them in their escapades because people who don't accept you as you are not friends.


Mmmm...
I'm like the only one who doesn't drink...
And I always get called shit...
=/


Then they're not really your friends...


But they're so nice when they're sober...
=/
Gah,
I don't hang out with them much now anyway...
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

vick1986 wrote:


deidara666 wrote:

its not just the parents in the uk, its parents everywhere.


I know but the UK is in another category entirely I mean why the hell are people complaining about contraceptive support in a country where there's so much unprotected under-age sex.


free houses, people want them.
2474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Barking
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
Woo my parents are stupid.
36195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
I think classifying all of Britain's parents as stupid is quite ignorant on your behalf. All over the world there are tons of teen pregnancies, in the US alone, it's hard to find a girl who hasn't had sex before the age of 16. Just because of one article about this subject you automatically assume that all of the parents in Britain are stupid, don't understand their children, and are bad parents. When you're 13-18 you rebel, that's a kid, you don't think anyone understands you and your parents are definitely not one to understand you. Parents all over the world are the same way, there's good and bad but classifying one set group as bad just from one article is just plain stupid. You should probably be a little more careful in choosing your words for your topic.

-i'm not from Britain either.
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 2/18/09 , edited 2/18/09

KumakoXsd wrote:


vick1986 wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2247914.ece

Honestly they can't be bothered to teach their kids about sex (see the insanely high teenage pregnancy rates) yet they get furious when doctors give their daughters the very things that prevent pregnancy. Since that supposedly equals giving them the green light to have sex. I say stop being so anal about it and give your kids the green light to have sex already after talking about what they should and shouldn't do and what is and isn't acceptable. It's simple the kids are going for a ride anyway if you ask me having them drive safely through green lights beats having them race through red lights like bunch of fucking morons (pun intended).




I'm almost offended since I live in the UK. I agree that there are SOME terrible parents in Britain who have no idea on how to discipline their kids and how to teach them things about sex and contraceptives etc. etc., however, not every British parents is that way in this country. Some of them raise their kids to be excellent members of society.

I just wished you would have said SOME parents in Britain are morons.. You made it sound like that ALL parents are. And yes Britain has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe or the wrost rail way system in Europe but it's not everyone's fault. Please don't generalise.. You are apparently not British, if you aren't, then why do you worry about it? I live here and I don't even care about this stuff.


Because this isn't a British problem they're just ahead of the curve. There's a major mentality problem in most western countries when it comes to teenage sexuality. Everyone seems to be too embarrassed to talk about it. The parents, the teachers, adults in general and lastly the kids themselves who can hardly be blamed for not being able to talk to the same adults who refuse to talk to them. The fact that sex-ed is given in classes doesn't help either. No kid wants to reveal their sexual insecurities or appear to be clueless about sex in front of the whole bloody class. Kids need someone they in all their insecurities feel it's safe to talk about sex with. In a perfect society that would be the parents.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
Abstinence anyone? Sex doesn't exist so people can be perverts, it's for reproduction. If you can't handle a kid then don't have sex, even protected sex can sometimes fail.
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 2/18/09 , edited 2/18/09

digs wrote:

Abstinence anyone? Sex doesn't exist so people can be perverts, it's for reproduction. If you can't handle a kid then don't have sex, even protected sex can sometimes fail.


Definitely but abstinence isn't and shouldn't be the holy grail. The message needs to be: Don't have sex before you're ready for it but if you want to have sex it's OK as long as you use a condom. Problem is a lot of people think it's not OK for teens to have sex under any circumstances which only encourages them to have sex earlier.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

vick1986 wrote:


digs wrote:

Abstinence anyone? Sex doesn't exist so people can be perverts, it's for reproduction. If you can't handle a kid then don't have sex, even protected sex can sometimes fail.


Definitely but abstinence isn't and shouldn't be the holy grail. The message needs to be: Don't have sex before you're ready for it but if you want to have sex it's OK as long as you use a condom. Problem is a lot of people think it's not OK for teens to have sex under any circumstances which only encourages them to have sex earlier.


I agree, although as a Christian I believe in abstinence and view sex before marriage as a sin, I do think they need to educate kids about sex and about STD's and sexual health. I understand that not everyone will hold my view, and its important to decrease STD's and pregnancies, education is a powerful tool, but sexual indoctrination (like overboard sex-ed classes that show porno and try to get kids to discuss their sexual activities) is a bad thing and can leave kids insecure or overly curious and sexually promiscuous.
Posted 2/18/09
pfft.
incredible
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

digs wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


digs wrote:

Abstinence anyone? Sex doesn't exist so people can be perverts, it's for reproduction. If you can't handle a kid then don't have sex, even protected sex can sometimes fail.


Definitely but abstinence isn't and shouldn't be the holy grail. The message needs to be: Don't have sex before you're ready for it but if you want to have sex it's OK as long as you use a condom. Problem is a lot of people think it's not OK for teens to have sex under any circumstances which only encourages them to have sex earlier.


I agree, although as a Christian I believe in abstinence and view sex before marriage as a sin, I do think they need to educate kids about sex and about STD's and sexual health. I understand that not everyone will hold my view, and its important to decrease STD's and pregnancies, education is a powerful tool, but sexual indoctrination (like overboard sex-ed classes that show porno and try to get kids to discuss their sexual activities) is a bad thing and can leave kids insecure or overly curious and sexually promiscuous.


The truly dangerous thing is the abstinence only folks. Which doesn't tell kids anything and only makes them curious about this thing they're not supposed to do. While I have the greatest respect for people who believe in abstinence and wish for their children to practice the same that's no excuse not to talk about contraception. Fact is no matter what you tell them or how much you trust them there's always a chance they will have sex.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.