First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
It's official parents in Britain are morons.
Posted 2/18/09 , edited 2/18/09

vick1986 wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2247914.ece

Honestly they can't be bothered to teach their kids about sex (see the insanely high teenage pregnancy rates) yet they get furious when doctors give their daughters the very things that prevent pregnancy. Since that supposedly equals giving them the green light to have sex. I say stop being so anal about it and give your kids the green light to have sex already after talking about what they should and shouldn't do and what is and isn't acceptable. It's simple the kids are going for a ride anyway if you ask me having them drive safely through green lights beats having them race through red lights like bunch of fucking morons (pun intended).





firstly not all parents that live in Britain are bad parents, secondly teenage sex isn't discouraged but rather encouraged in the West the general message given is it's okay and perfectly fine for young teens to have sex as long as they use a condom, teenage sex should be frowned upon, that's the message that should be communicated to kids not "go out and have as much sex as you want 14 year old just make sure you use a condom". I'm fine with kids knowing what condoms are and how they work, but teenage sex should have a negative social stigma attached to it.
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 2/18/09 , edited 2/18/09

mojojojo000 wrote:


vick1986 wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2247914.ece

Honestly they can't be bothered to teach their kids about sex (see the insanely high teenage pregnancy rates) yet they get furious when doctors give their daughters the very things that prevent pregnancy. Since that supposedly equals giving them the green light to have sex. I say stop being so anal about it and give your kids the green light to have sex already after talking about what they should and shouldn't do and what is and isn't acceptable. It's simple the kids are going for a ride anyway if you ask me having them drive safely through green lights beats having them race through red lights like bunch of fucking morons (pun intended).





firstly not all parents that live in Britain are bad parents, secondly teenage sex isn't discouraged but rather encouraged in the West the general message given is it's okay and perfectly fine for young teens to have sex as long as they use a condom, teenage sex should be frowned upon, that's the message that should be communicated to kids not "go out and have as much sex as you want 14 year old just make sure you use a condom". I'm fine with kids knowing what condoms are and how they work, but teenage sex should have a negative social stigma attached to it.


There shouldn't be a negative stigma. That only has the opposite effect. There should be a positive one which encourages safe-sex and talking about sex with adults without the judgementalism.
5355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
u dnt need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out!
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
yes they are
2143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Candyland~
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
There's no such thing as safe-sex even if you use a condom.
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

Viet-Candy wrote:

There's no such thing as safe-sex even if you use a condom.


Technically you're right but there's really no need to bring that up since it can happen to anyone at any age.
763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / D:
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
Luckily my parents told me what sex was when I was 7.
Posted 2/18/09

vick1986 wrote:


mojojojo000 wrote:


vick1986 wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2247914.ece

Honestly they can't be bothered to teach their kids about sex (see the insanely high teenage pregnancy rates) yet they get furious when doctors give their daughters the very things that prevent pregnancy. Since that supposedly equals giving them the green light to have sex. I say stop being so anal about it and give your kids the green light to have sex already after talking about what they should and shouldn't do and what is and isn't acceptable. It's simple the kids are going for a ride anyway if you ask me having them drive safely through green lights beats having them race through red lights like bunch of fucking morons (pun intended).





firstly not all parents that live in Britain are bad parents, secondly teenage sex isn't discouraged but rather encouraged in the West the general message given is it's okay and perfectly fine for young teens to have sex as long as they use a condom, teenage sex should be frowned upon, that's the message that should be communicated to kids not "go out and have as much sex as you want 14 year old just make sure you use a condom". I'm fine with kids knowing what condoms are and how they work, but teenage sex should have a negative social stigma attached to it.


There shouldn't be a negative stigma. That only has the opposite effect. There should be a positive one which encourages safe-sex and talking about sex with adults without the judgementalism.


I disagree with you, I personally believe underage teenage sex should be discouraged period, at the early teens they could be taught what safe sex is by their parents but they should not feel they have the backing of parents and society to do it
Posted 2/18/09
Argh. I heard that the UK's having another issue which would be violence. I guess I wouldn't set a foot in some parts of Liverpool and Bristol.
Posted 2/18/09
Lol. God shave the queen
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 2/19/09

mojojojo000 wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


mojojojo000 wrote:


vick1986 wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2247914.ece

Honestly they can't be bothered to teach their kids about sex (see the insanely high teenage pregnancy rates) yet they get furious when doctors give their daughters the very things that prevent pregnancy. Since that supposedly equals giving them the green light to have sex. I say stop being so anal about it and give your kids the green light to have sex already after talking about what they should and shouldn't do and what is and isn't acceptable. It's simple the kids are going for a ride anyway if you ask me having them drive safely through green lights beats having them race through red lights like bunch of fucking morons (pun intended).





firstly not all parents that live in Britain are bad parents, secondly teenage sex isn't discouraged but rather encouraged in the West the general message given is it's okay and perfectly fine for young teens to have sex as long as they use a condom, teenage sex should be frowned upon, that's the message that should be communicated to kids not "go out and have as much sex as you want 14 year old just make sure you use a condom". I'm fine with kids knowing what condoms are and how they work, but teenage sex should have a negative social stigma attached to it.


There shouldn't be a negative stigma. That only has the opposite effect. There should be a positive one which encourages safe-sex and talking about sex with adults without the judgementalism.


I disagree with you, I personally believe underage teenage sex should be discouraged period, at the early teens they could be taught what safe sex is by their parents but they should not feel they have the backing of parents and society to do it


Wake up we're talking about teenagers here the more you tell them they shouldn't do something the higher the chance they will do it. Kids need their parents approval otherwise they won't talk about it. They need to be properly taught about sex, contraception and yes abstinence but overall message should be a positive one. "I'd rather you'd not have sex before age x but I realise I can't force you. The most important thing to me is that whenever you do decide to have sex you do it safely and talk to me. I won't judge or go on about how you're not ready yet. When that day comes I'll support you in any way I can so you don't make the same mistakes I made in my youth"
70098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Wa Wa Land
Offline
Posted 2/19/09
... what the?
910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/19/09
Lol I thought USA is bad. There's babies popping out of everywhere. Never heard of using a condom? The teenagers actually think that it's ok to have sex without a condom... "It's mah first time, I can't get pregnant!!" (I know, not everyone is like that.)
2648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / England, Kent, Wh...
Offline
Posted 2/19/09
Oh dear.
Posted 2/19/09
What about school?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.