First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Let us clone a Neanderthal!!!! (my logic!)
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / England
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Ruki_x wrote:

Let's not.
They're ugly.


'I am betting a large group of people think the same of you.'
Am I right?
Or am I right!



I think they are ugly too! Let us not bring them back! How would we possibly teach them not to eat endangered animals/plants? By giving them wrong and hitting them? We'd get done for abuse.

If we bring them back, the world as we know it will go straight to hell.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

drewchan wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Ruki_x wrote:

Let's not.
They're ugly.


'I am betting a large group of people think the same of you.'
Am I right?
Or am I right!



I think they are ugly too! Let us not bring them back! How would we possibly teach them not to eat endangered animals/plants? By giving them wrong and hitting them? We'd get done for abuse.

If we bring them back, the world as we know it will go straight to hell.


Did I forget to point out there level of intelligence is simaler to modern man?

We have more trouble stoping humans from doing that then Neanderthals. In the end there the more peaceful of the humanoid races.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/17/09
Anyone else have something to add.
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 3/17/09
That would be cool,they also had burial rituals and everything.How did they die out and we survived if our intelligence was so similar?They were stronger as well,were they not?But they might be frightened and react in an aggressive way.....
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/09
Let's leave dead things the way they are.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/17/09

miserykitsune wrote:

That would be cool,they also had burial rituals and everything.How did they die out and we survived if our intelligence was so similar?They were stronger as well,were they not?But they might be frightened and react in an aggressive way.....


'Child birth rates and agressiveness was the keys to how we won and they lost.'
'we are the more agressive of the two races... we also breed like rabits compared to them.' put in the fact we ran in bigger gangs, Neanderthals just ended up being over ran by the numbers and ended up going the way of the back door do to that.
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 3/18/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


miserykitsune wrote:

That would be cool,they also had burial rituals and everything.How did they die out and we survived if our intelligence was so similar?They were stronger as well,were they not?But they might be frightened and react in an aggressive way.....


'Child birth rates and agressiveness was the keys to how we won and they lost.'
'we are the more agressive of the two races... we also breed like rabits compared to them.' put in the fact we ran in bigger gangs, Neanderthals just ended up being over ran by the numbers and ended up going the way of the back door do to that.


could they not also bring back old diseases or would we be immune to them?
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/18/09

miserykitsune wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


miserykitsune wrote:

That would be cool,they also had burial rituals and everything.How did they die out and we survived if our intelligence was so similar?They were stronger as well,were they not?But they might be frightened and react in an aggressive way.....


'Child birth rates and agressiveness was the keys to how we won and they lost.'
'we are the more agressive of the two races... we also breed like rabits compared to them.' put in the fact we ran in bigger gangs, Neanderthals just ended up being over ran by the numbers and ended up going the way of the back door do to that.


could they not also bring back old diseases or would we be immune to them?


'DO you know a lot of are Evolution deals with Diseases. '

But no it would bring back no diseases cloning a Neanderthal.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/16/09
'Anyone like to speak up?
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/16/09
I think if someone had something to contribute, they would've revived the thread themselves.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/09


That reminds me of a very interesting story. Have you ever heard of the Tasmanian tiger? Well, it’s an animal that the Australians drove into extinction during the early-to-mid 1900s. What’s interesting about this particular breed is that it wasn’t the Americans that killed it…Can you believe that? Dude, other people murder entire species of animals! It’s not just the Americans, who knew? No, but seriously, it’s a real loss. The Tasmanian tiger isn’t you run of the mill feline or leoline or vulpine or bovine or anything of the sort-it’s completely unique, or rather it WAS unique. It’s the only species of marsupial tigers ever discovered. Aside from being just plain awesome, and frighteningly adorable to imagine, that makes it officially my favorite thing ever-next to Oprah, Chuck Norris, Ninjas, Abortion, anime, and internet flame wars of course.

Anyway, with recent breakthroughs in the technology surround the replication of genetic information and artificially engendered cellular mitosis we have now begun the process of literally resurrecting the Tasmanian tiger. Like something stolen from Jurassic Park, scientists are literally hoping to clone the Tasmanian ‘Awesome Ass’ tiger and revive them.

Unfortunately, we cannot do this with dinosaurs or Neanderthals. There’s simply not enough material to work with.


18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/16/09

SeraphAlford wrote:



That reminds me of a very interesting story. Have you ever heard of the Tasmanian tiger? Well, it’s an animal that the Australians drove into extinction during the early-to-mid 1900s. What’s interesting about this particular breed is that it wasn’t the Americans that killed it…Can you believe that? Dude, other people murder entire species of animals! It’s not just the Americans, who knew? No, but seriously, it’s a real loss. The Tasmanian tiger isn’t you run of the mill feline or leoline or vulpine or bovine or anything of the sort-it’s completely unique, or rather it WAS unique. It’s the only species of marsupial tigers ever discovered. Aside from being just plain awesome, and frighteningly adorable to imagine, that makes it officially my favorite thing ever-next to Oprah, Chuck Norris, Ninjas, Abortion, anime, and internet flame wars of course.

Anyway, with recent breakthroughs in the technology surround the replication of genetic information and artificially engendered cellular mitosis we have now begun the process of literally resurrecting the Tasmanian tiger. Like something stolen from Jurassic Park, scientists are literally hoping to clone the Tasmanian ‘Awesome Ass’ tiger and revive them.

Unfortunately, we cannot do this with dinosaurs or Neanderthals. There’s simply not enough material to work with.


\\That is where you are Wrong... We have mapped out Intire NeanderthalsGenome. So we have what we need to Clone a Neanderthal. We also have wat we need to clone A willy Mamath.

10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/09 , edited 6/16/09

Darkphoenix3450 That is where you are Wrong... We have mapped out Intire NeanderthalsGenome. So we have what we need to Clone a Neanderthal. We also have wat we need to clone A willy Mamath.


A map of the genome isn’t enough to make the clone. We need complete cellular level specimens in order to replicate. We have bones but not skin or organs, not enough anyway. We can make the hell out of some Neanderthal skeletons.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 6/16/09 , edited 6/16/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 That is where you are Wrong... We have mapped out Intire NeanderthalsGenome. So we have what we need to Clone a Neanderthal. We also have wat we need to clone A willy Mamath.


A map of the genome isn’t enough to make the clone. We need complete cellular level specimens in order to replicate. We have bones but not skin or organs, not enough anyway. We can make the hell out of some Neanderthal skeletons.


To clone you'd need a live unfertilized egg from a female neanderthal for the clone, then another live cell other then a sperm or egg cell from a neanderthal for the DNA to be inserted into the egg cell. You'd also need a live being to insert the egg into, and as no live neanderthals exist, thats not going to work, although you could try using a human for the mother of the clone and see what happens. Probably won't work, but can't hurt to try. So nobody's going to be cloning a neanderthal anytime soon. Clone a person that way tho.


Although I wonder if you could create a humanzee through the cloning process, take a chimpanzee cell nucleus and insert it into a human egg cell and see what happens. If it worked the human would just probably give birth to a chimpanzee.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/16/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 That is where you are Wrong... We have mapped out Intire NeanderthalsGenome. So we have what we need to Clone a Neanderthal. We also have wat we need to clone A willy Mamath.


A map of the genome isn’t enough to make the clone. We need complete cellular level specimens in order to replicate. We have bones but not skin or organs, not enough anyway. We can make the hell out of some Neanderthal skeletons.

We are at the level where we can build the DNA Strans... So as long as we have it map out With means we must have its DNA one way or another, we can use that Map/blueprint to build the DNA structurs we need to create the Neanderthal.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.