First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Do impracticle combative martial art styles exists?
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 2/24/09
Posted 2/24/09
Yeah , for a person born with talent , or for a person when they angry can be very scary .
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/24/09

Pecca wrote:

Capoeira, TKD, 99% of Chinese Martial arts, most styles of Karate (styles outside of kyokushin).


thank you, i have been wanting to debate with u for so long! the other guy i was debating with left! and i have new evidence of combative martial arts.

1st of all u do realize i created this forum for actually debating combative martial arts that get a bad rap for being so dam popular...

capoeira, TKD Wushu, karate, MMA, judo, ect. All of the sport styles that people love to do, and critics love to critcize when they dont know the whole picture.

1st of all my title says combative martial arts. I didnt say sport styles. So sport based capoeira, TKD Wushu, karate, MMA, judo, ect. gets thrown out of the argument.

we debate combative capoeira, TKD Wushu, karate, MMA, judo, ect. thats where we will start. Now these styles are popularized through sports, so dont automaticly asume that sport= combative, they dont.Styles diffrengiate depending on what they r used for.First i will show circumstancial evidence for combative TKD being practiced.

http://www.combativeartsacademy.com/classes/taekwondo.asp

notice the styles it is taught with.They r thought to be the most highly effective martial arts in the world, and some r not even trained as sports.


combative capoeira is different from the artistic side, i know a friend that has a combative capoeira DVD, but havnt seen it.

the applcations he showed me worked for combat in thoery.heres a video of what a part of it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIXCRAMvqWE

a chinese wushu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zaKE_ZQijc

a karate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESudu4Iwz-w

your thoughts. peace over war
Posted 2/24/09

Pecca wrote:

Capoeira, TKD, 99% of Chinese Martial arts, most styles of Karate (styles outside of kyokushin).


I agree with everything that you said, but Shotokan is just as effective as kyokushin. Shotokan and kyokushin are most effective styles of karate.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/24/09

vittoriano wrote:


Pecca wrote:

Capoeira, TKD, 99% of Chinese Martial arts, most styles of Karate (styles outside of kyokushin).


I agree with everything that you said, but Shotokan is just as effective as kyokushin. Shotokan and kyokushin are most effective styles of karate.


then i would like to debate with u as well, read my comment above. peace over war
2143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Candyland~
Offline
Posted 2/24/09

hikobuf wrote:



Where's that gif came from ;x
Posted 2/24/09

JJT2 wrote:


vittoriano wrote:


Pecca wrote:

Capoeira, TKD, 99% of Chinese Martial arts, most styles of Karate (styles outside of kyokushin).


I agree with everything that you said, but Shotokan is just as effective as kyokushin. Shotokan and kyokushin are most effective styles of karate.


then i would like to debate with u as well, read my comment above. peace over war


I just think that most TKD, outside of Korea, is a joke. Most karate dojos, here in the states, aren't teaching real karate. When you see 5 year old kids walking around with green, brown or black belts, you know they're a joke.

4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/24/09

vittoriano wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


vittoriano wrote:


Pecca wrote:

Capoeira, TKD, 99% of Chinese Martial arts, most styles of Karate (styles outside of kyokushin).


I agree with everything that you said, but Shotokan is just as effective as kyokushin. Shotokan and kyokushin are most effective styles of karate.


then i would like to debate with u as well, read my comment above. peace over war


I just think that most TKD, outside of Korea, is a joke. Most karate dojos, here in the states, aren't teaching real karate. When you see 5 year old kids walking around with green, brown or black belts, you know they're a joke.



i can see where your coming from. im not debating or argueing over combative styles done wrong. im talking about combative styles as a whole.Basicily when they r done right.

and i do aggree with your points. But it only makes sense, no one is going to teach a 5yr old kid how to kill someone.And sports make money.America is all about protecting its kids and making money. I have seen my Korean TKD master lose his school because he refused to capatalize on his art because he said that wasnt what TKD was about.He didnt believe TKD was about making money and teaching it ne ole kinda way. That philosophy might work in Korea, but it failed in the USA. peace over war
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/24/09

hikobuf wrote:



lmao, but i know how u feel peace over war
Posted 2/24/09

JJT2 wrote:


vittoriano wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


vittoriano wrote:


Pecca wrote:

Capoeira, TKD, 99% of Chinese Martial arts, most styles of Karate (styles outside of kyokushin).


I agree with everything that you said, but Shotokan is just as effective as kyokushin. Shotokan and kyokushin are most effective styles of karate.


then i would like to debate with u as well, read my comment above. peace over war


I just think that most TKD, outside of Korea, is a joke. Most karate dojos, here in the states, aren't teaching real karate. When you see 5 year old kids walking around with green, brown or black belts, you know they're a joke.



i can see where your coming from. im not debating or argueing over combative styles done wrong. im talking about combative styles as a whole.Basicily when they r done right.

and i do aggree with your points. But it only makes sense, no one is going to teach a 5yr old kid how to kill someone.And sports make money.America is all about protecting its kids and making money. I have seen my Korean TKD master lose his school because he refused to capatalize on his art because he said that wasnt what TKD was about.He didnt believe TKD was about making money and teaching it ne ole kinda way. That philosophy might work in Korea, but it failed in the USA. peace over war


I just think that TKD looks cool, but it's not effective, outside of the Korean system of teaching.
548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 2/25/09 , edited 2/25/09
I'd argue that the very mechanics behind the martial arts I previously mentioned are flawed. In that they either lack speed or power, or they telegraph too much. Even between sport and "combative" martial arts, the mechanics of each style are essentially the same.
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/25/09
yeah, drunken boxing.
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/25/09
Arnis?
2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 2/25/09
There really isn't an impractical martial art, only its impracticality given the situation. Lets pull out some Karate on a sniper 1000 meters away shall we?

Having seen a proper capoeira fight, I can tell you that it's nothing to laugh at. The speed that they can swing their legs is enough to cause serious damage to even the shins.

That's like how overrated samurai styles are. Most of the time it's just fancy names for common moves.
3444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Paris
Offline
Posted 2/25/09
you never heard of the master impractible combative stance????

its quite easy just make sure you block all hits with your face or head
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.