First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Gay Parents
2925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bristol UK
Offline
Posted 5/10/07
they have just as much right as straight parents. I mena they cna care for kids just as much.
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / US-East
Offline
Posted 5/10/07
I don't see why not.. having normal parents doesn't guarantee a happy childhood
1150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/10/07
Well my thoughts are that marriage is a commitment that you make to one another, life, better or for worse blah. But i do think that it was kinda man and a woman for a reason, i mean its the only way you can make babies right. Though they may not be man and a woman i think love is the thing that holds the family together, that gay couple they must love eachother right, they're mature and financially stable thats kool. I get the point about them being more eligable. What i beleive is that it was meant to be a man and a woman for the purpose of orientation. The child sees the relationship of both the man and the woman, they show how a man should treat a woman and a wman a man. Role models allowing the child to understand both sides of the human race. Your parents will always be the core ideal in how you perceive that sex.

Love has alot to do with it but the man and the woman does have natural reasons for it. I don't think tolerance hass anything to do with it, if everyone turned gay, then what? (no feelings attached)

i see alot of trouble when kids grow up without having a father, they have no role model, but give them two mothers and there is still a problem.

starcrossed32, you finished your message asif you had solved an issue, but really the questions could go on all day, but i waonder what people of religion think about it?
4883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Sask-at-chew-an,...
Offline
Posted 5/10/07

kfreako wrote:

btw, how gay parents have their own child? not adoption...


Well 2 women could go along with the artifical insemination. I've also heard maybe I was just watching some sci fi show late at night but they can take the genes of one women and insert them into the egg as well? I maybe wrong.
9607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / East Bay California
Offline
Posted 5/10/07

ultimahelm wrote:

Well my thoughts are that marriage is a commitment that you make to one another, life, better or for worse blah. But i do think that it was kinda man and a woman for a reason, i mean its the only way you can make babies right. Though they may not be man and a woman i think love is the thing that holds the family together, that gay couple they must love eachother right, they're mature and financially stable thats kool. I get the point about them being more eligable. What i beleive is that it was meant to be a man and a woman for the purpose of orientation. The child sees the relationship of both the man and the woman, they show how a man should treat a woman and a wman a man. Role models allowing the child to understand both sides of the human race. Your parents will always be the core ideal in how you perceive that sex.

Love has alot to do with it but the man and the woman does have natural reasons for it. I don't think tolerance hass anything to do with it, if everyone turned gay, then what? (no feelings attached)

i see alot of trouble when kids grow up without having a father, they have no role model, but give them two mothers and there is still a problem.

starcrossed32, you finished your message asif you had solved an issue, but really the questions could go on all day, but i waonder what people of religion think about it?


So your argument is that if a child is raised with two fathers or two mothers then he/she will never learn how to relate to the opposite sex...that makes no sense at all.

You talk about love being the reason to start a family. Well have you considered that not every pregnancy is planned. How is it better for a child to grow up in an environment where he/she watches his/her father beat his/her mother on a nightly basis. Yeah...that's a great role model. I'm not saying that there aren't cases of domestic abuse in same sex relationships...but for the most part...gay couples who are interested in adopting tend to have better and more stable relationships than most heterosexuals. They kind of have to in fact, due to the intense amount of scrutiny they face just starting the adoption process.

You also talk about the dangers of growing up without a father. Well, my father was never involved in my life. He left before I was born. But you know what...I turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself. I'm pretty well-adjusted. My mother worked her ass off to make sure that I was well taken care of...also, my grandparents were a big part of my upbringing as well. My father, wherever he may be, never even crossed my mind until I got into school. And even then he was more of an afterthought. Don't forget that once upon a time...single parenting was as taboo as same-sex parenting.

You must have misunderstood me when I was talking about tolerance. I had actually moved on to Sereph's second question about the presence of homosexuality in children's books. I was just stating that it should be used to open up communication between a child and his or her parent. Tolerance comes from being properly educated and the earlier a child is educated about how different everyone is the better.

Oh and by the way...my opinion is that of a religious person. I was born and raised catholic. Religion has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember...in fact I used to be a catholic school girl (little plaid skirt and everything). While I understand that homosexuality isn't exactly condoned in most religions... in my opinion since God created us all in his image...and since it's been proven that for the most part homosexuality is a physiological condition rather than an environmental one, deep down, a God of love and forgivness shouldn't have a problem with homosexuality. At least my God doesn't.

Now I know that someone on here is gonna go..."but it says in the bible that man shall not lay with another man" well look deep enough in the bible and you will find justifications for slavery, genocide, murder, ect. The problem with the Bible is that it was written by humans. And we are a flawed species so it stands to reason that anything created by us is equally flawed. What was that saying..."history is written by the victors"? The same can be said about that little book everyone puts so much faith in. It's just a book...just literature....filled with great teachings and ideas not to mention great SYMBOLISM. It wasn't meant to be taken literally like some of those crazy fundamentalist do. Once again, this is just my opinion...but I feel that most people would benefit more by reading the Bible and taking away the ideas behind the stories not the literal meaning of the stories themselves.
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in NewYork
Offline
Posted 5/10/07
i dont think theres anything wrong with it infact one of my good friends has gay parents and theres absolutely nothing wrong or different about him
2455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / currently residin...
Offline
Posted 5/10/07
my opinion about gay relationships is that i dont agree with them personally.. however i know that it is irrelevant because every1 should do what makes them happy.. but how could people find it normal to have gay parents?.. i mean seriously if it was normal for them to have kids naturally, then it would be something normal.. in reality we know that it is impossible for that to happen, therefore i feel that a child should be born into a normal home.. i mean obviously having two gay parents wouldnt mean that they would neccesarily bad ones.. but why should a child be raised in an environment like that, when they will have to watch other kids have a mom and a dad.. i mean we seriously have to consider how that would make the kid feel if he gets picked on and all.. because the thruth is in our society normal parents are a male and female..
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 5/10/07
I am a Christian and I don't support homosexuality. but I also don't think that we should limit their rights on the grounds of sexual orientation. I think it would be fine to let homosexuals raise children.

Lol, some of you that know me might get shocked by me saying this
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 5/10/07
What's not normal about parents who are homosexual??? A parent to me, is someone that takes care of you. It's true the common parents consist of a male and female, but there is nothing abnormal about parents being gay.

It's a good thing cause it teaches people that children can be raised by homosexual parents and not turn out gay, or screwed up in the head. Also not that many people look up to their parents when they're older, so it's really nothing.... I didn't grow up all like "Hey dad, I'm 16... and I'm looking up to you... ahahahha.. ahah.." and I believe I turned out well.
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 5/10/07
I don't even get the point of this question. It shouldn't be something questionable in the first place. Parents are either good, not so good or bad parents.

About the sub-question: Dito to Seraph.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 5/10/07

ahojcookie wrote:

I don't even get the point of this question. It shouldn't be something questionable in the first place. Parents are either good, not so good or bad parents.

About the sub-question: Dito to Seraph.


I agree with the main question answer.

As for the sub-question: Sexuality is in Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, blah blah... so do you think these should be banned? Little Mermaid too?

ALSO:

I had high expectations for some of you guys, and some failed miserably.... *sigh*

3694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / where the beautif...
Offline
Posted 5/10/07
there is no bad thing being a gay parent.
in fact, most of the gay parents raise their children well.
unlike those people who call themselves men.
in my opinion the gay parents are more likely 'real men' because they can stand to the world and they are proud that even though they are not accepted by our society they raised they raised their children well.
but those who calls themselves 'real men' they are more likely the cowards. because they can't even raise their children well........
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 5/10/07

HokiePokie wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

I don't even get the point of this question. It shouldn't be something questionable in the first place. Parents are either good, not so good or bad parents.

About the sub-question: Dito to Seraph.


I agree with the main question answer.

As for the sub-question: Sexuality is in Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, blah blah... so do you think these should be banned? Little Mermaid too?

ALSO:

I had high expectations for some of you guys, and some failed miserably.... *sigh*




No, because I like the little mermaid and cinderella . When saying no to sexuality in children's books I meant it more like, no don't imply "being straight is a cool thing to do or being gay is a cool thing to do , kids" in the little prince or some other book, because it should be up to them to find out.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 5/10/07

ahojcookie wrote:


HokiePokie wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

I don't even get the point of this question. It shouldn't be something questionable in the first place. Parents are either good, not so good or bad parents.

About the sub-question: Dito to Seraph.


I agree with the main question answer.

As for the sub-question: Sexuality is in Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, blah blah... so do you think these should be banned? Little Mermaid too?

ALSO:

I had high expectations for some of you guys, and some failed miserably.... *sigh*




No, because I like the little mermaid and cinderella . When saying no to sexuality in children's books I meant it more like, no don't imply "being straight is a cool thing to do or being gay is a cool thing to do , kids" in the little prince or some other book, because it should be up to them to find out.


Well with Cinderella and Little Mermaid all being straight, it shows that "Liking girls is the only thing for guys", there is no homosexuality portrayed. The children will learn at a late stage, and of course do the "I only knew straight couples till now.... Gay things must be wrong and perverted! That's why they didn't have any!" I mean it's not going to be a gay tolerance story. It's going to be a story of a gay couple... Being exposed to ONLY heterosexual couples as a child starts the fact that "Only a guy and a girl can happen" and when they learn of homosexuality at late age they go "Eeeeeww... that's wrong! That's so gay!" So better to start early than late.

There isn't going to be a Children's Story like "They others hated them... they were sad. They realized they were proud to be gay. The had a parade. They were gay bashed and killed. It's ok to be gay. The end." It'll just portray a couple, and they'll be able to realize ManXwoman isn't the only thing, before it's too late.

Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 5/10/07
Its not up to the media to brainwash kids into accepting gays. You can't force people to accept it. Its something people need to think for themselvs about.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.