First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Adding Brushes in GIMP
Learner
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Tell me if live y...
Offline
Posted 8/2/09 , edited 8/2/09



I'm sorry to bother again! But this time Im gonna explain what happened more clearly.....cuz I dont have a problem with zipping the folder yet

What I did

1.Went to devianart.com or however u spell it xD and download sparkly brushes
2. I have no idea where it was downloaded TO, It just went to my desktop when it finished downloading
3. I tried to drag it into the brushes folder of gimp...but it said Error: Could not move (brush name here) Access Denied
4. So now idk what to do

Answered
Creator
11276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 8/2/09

iheartpuppies wrote:


I'm sorry to bother again! But this time Im gonna explain what happened more clearly.....cuz I dont have a problem with zipping the folder yet

What I did

1.Went to devianart.com or however u spell it xD and download sparkly brushes
2. I have no idea where it was downloaded TO, It just went to my desktop when it finished downloading
3. I tried to drag it into the brushes folder of gimp...but it said Error: Could not move (brush name here) Access Denied
4. So now idk what to do


First you need to extract the brushes.

If you don't know how to open the zip folder, just follow these steps:

1. Download the brushes (make sure you know where they are being downloaded to)
2. Make a new folder on your desktop, label it however you want, move the files to it
3. Right Click on the zip folder, and click "Extract Here"
4. The brushes should appear, if you double click on one, it should automatically open up GIMP


You said that you don't know where it downloaded to, but you do. If it was on your desktop, then that's where it was downloaded to.
After you extract the folder, then follow the steps of moving the brushes:

>Click on "My Computer"
>Click on "Local Disk (C:)
>Go into Program Files
>Go to the GIMP folder
>Click on "Share"
>Click on gimp
>Click on the file you see
>Click on brushes

It should show the brushes that are already installed in GIMP.



Tip:

.
Learner
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Tell me if live y...
Offline
Posted 8/3/09 , edited 8/5/09

kurai_tsuki92 wrote:



thankies! but i still have a little more question gomenasai!

Q1: Where and how do I find the temp folder?

O2: Whats a zip folder?

O3: Is zip folder sometihng liek WinRaR.zip?

Note: if winrar.zip is a zip folder, i wont be able to use it easily...my dad installed chinese into a lot our programs cuz he cant read english and i cant really read chinese! XD


Answered
Creator
11276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 8/5/09

iheartpuppies wrote:

thankies! but i still have a little more question gomenasai!

Q1: Where and how do I find the temp folder?

O2: Whats a zip folder?

O3: Is zip folder sometihng liek WinRaR.zip?

Note: if winrar.zip is a zip folder, i wont be able to use it easily...my dad installed chinese into a lot our programs cuz he cant read english and i cant really read chinese! XD



1. Go to My Computer > Click Local Disk (C:) > Click on Windows > Look for the Temp folder, and click on it when you find it.
2. ZIP file contains one or more files that have been compressed to reduce file size, or stored as-is.
For more info Click Here
3. WinRar is a zip folder. Click Here
Learner
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Tell me if live y...
Offline
Posted 8/6/09 , edited 8/10/09

kurai_tsuki92 wrote:


okay thanks!! ^^ but now i wonder how to do that when idk how to read most chinese.....@_@ look at it!



Posted 8/7/09 , edited 8/10/09

iheartpuppies wrote:




lol my WinRar use to be in chinese too! >A< btw did u get the brushes? if u didn't i can try to help u with it.
Learner
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Tell me if live y...
Offline
Posted 8/7/09 , edited 8/10/09

vanessa26578 wrote:





lol my WinRar use to be in chinese too! >A< btw did u get the brushes? if u didn't i can try to help u with it.

i downloaded a brush, but i cant do the rest cuz my WinRAR is in chinese >3<

24661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/9/09 , edited 8/10/09
Move the brushes you just extracted from the folder they're in to this one.

I don't get it...what am I suppose to do?

Answered
Creator
11276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 8/10/09

toushiro20174 wrote:

Move the brushes you just extracted from the folder they're in to this one.

I don't get it...what am I suppose to do?



Please look through the forum. I've answered that question many times already. And I stated in the updates for you people to look through the forum to see if your question had already been answered.
Learner
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Tell me if live y...
Offline
Posted 8/12/09

kurai_tsuki92 wrote:


iheartpuppies wrote:

thankies! but i still have a little more question gomenasai!

Q1: Where and how do I find the temp folder?

O2: Whats a zip folder?

O3: Is zip folder sometihng liek WinRaR.zip?

Note: if winrar.zip is a zip folder, i wont be able to use it easily...my dad installed chinese into a lot our programs cuz he cant read english and i cant really read chinese! XD



1. Go to My Computer > Click Local Disk (C:) > Click on Windows > Look for the Temp folder, and click on it when you find it.
2. ZIP file contains one or more files that have been compressed to reduce file size, or stored as-is.
For more info Click Here
3. WinRar is a zip folder. Click Here


I know how to download brushes now! Your instructions was for a different of computer and internet i have, this helped me

maybe you can use this too! it has prntscrn shots had everything! it takes a LONG time to upload though...since its so big XD
Posted 8/28/09
i dont get it cause it cant find the brushes tab
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.