First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Obama's First Budget
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
Obama's budget is terrible policy. Stimulus bills have never helped economies, and the one he wants to pass has 9000 earmarks in it. Lower taxes and less government spending increase the value of the dollar and put more money into the people's pockets. We need to reduce the debt, not raise it. Obama is all for pushing his liberal agenda at the expense of America and future generations.
Posted 3/1/09

digs wrote:

Obama's budget is terrible policy. Stimulus bills have never helped economies, and the one he wants to pass has 9000 earmarks in it. Lower taxes and less government spending increase the value of the dollar and put more money into the people's pockets. We need to reduce the debt, not raise it. Obama is all for pushing his liberal agenda at the expense of America and future generations.



Wow. You all figure it out.

So, why do we have a president then? Of course, there are people in the government who thought that also.

It might not be easy than we all think it is.

It's easy saying something when you're just a bystander, but the ones who's actually handling the problem(s) are the ones in the pressure cooker.


Right now, I watch the news and I see people can't shut up for even a minute or two. Don't cut this educational stuff, don't cut that.

Be glad you still have a job while others are looking and taking any jobs they could get.


I don't know. I can't just say something here about what's best for a country's economy when I don't even know the Whole picture and the Whole info. Do I have the equipments, technologies, and connections to know that WHOLE before I could say what's best for the country? No.
I could only listen to the radio, watch the tv, or read newspaper.

All the things you see on tv are not always the truth. There are cover-ups over cover-ups.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

kyoukoujin wrote:


digs wrote:

Obama's budget is terrible policy. Stimulus bills have never helped economies, and the one he wants to pass has 9000 earmarks in it. Lower taxes and less government spending increase the value of the dollar and put more money into the people's pockets. We need to reduce the debt, not raise it. Obama is all for pushing his liberal agenda at the expense of America and future generations.


Wow. You all figure it out.

So, why do we have a president then? Of course, there are people in the government who thought that also.

It might not be easy than we all think it is.

It's easy saying something when you're just a bystander, but the ones who's actually handling the problem(s) are the ones in the pressure cooker.


Right now, I watch the news and I see people can't shut up for even a minute or two. Don't cut this educational stuff, don't cut that.

Be glad you still have a job while others are looking and taking any jobs they could get.


I don't know. I can't just say something here about what's best for a country's economy when I don't even know the Whole picture and the Whole info. Do I have the equipments, technologies, and connections to know that WHOLE before I could say what's best for the country? No.
I could only listen to the radio, watch the tv, or read newspaper.

All the things you see on tv are not always the truth.


I agree with you somewhat, but I do not think that Obama is doing what is best for America. I hold to economic conservative principals. Reagan dealt with a recession that was worse than ours, and he dealt with it by lowering tax rates and lifting market restrictions. The GDP soared and so did tax revenue (even though rates were cut). I see a lot of what this money is being spent on, and I see how some of it is due to lobbyists and special interests. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Democrat Speaker of the House's state is getting a high speed train from the 2nd largest population area in America straight to gamble city (a high speed train between Los Angeles and Las Vegas). Nevada is hurting right now, and I speculate that this spending along with others may not be because they feel it will fix the economy or help, but because someone somewhere with money or power asked for this and got it in the bill. Historically though, stimulus packages haven't helped economies, low tax rates and free markets did, two things Obama is against.
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
wow those are some ginormous numbers there. i haven't taken an economics course yet, so i really don't know what that first post all means. all i know is i can't find a fucking job.
Posted 3/1/09

Quebec1217 wrote:


hispandagirl wrote:


superninjaboy wrote:


hispandagirl wrote:

obama is just retarded. enough said.


Who knew the requirements to get into Harvard were so low and to become the president of the Harvard law review must really mean you have to have a hammer beating to the head daily just to make the grade. But you know what the dead give away is? It is the fact people like you notice his mental short comings that has me convinced. That or the fact when he speaks you can barely understand what he is trying to say.


Well, I'm denying your existance...and you're also from Canada.


Hahaha!! The Hegelian Defense I see...

Anyhow, yes he did get into Harvard and Columbia. But who paid for it? He has never released that information and I don't think plans to. It's pretty expensive to go there, I hope he plans to at least write a thank you letter.

Also, he has never tried a case in court or proposed any legislation during his short run int the Senate. He lead the Illinois state legislature in "present votes."

But just saying...


Student loans perhaps? Although I am not sure if that would suffice for a Harvard education.
548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
Harvard has amazing financial aid packages. If you get in based on your own merits, Harvard will meet 100% of your needs. They can afford to quite easily.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/09 , edited 3/1/09
Sure because Obama started off the US presidency with 0$ debt by our fantastic previous president. AM I RIGHT?

It's amazing that so many people are quick to assume that a debt will screw our country even more. Last time I checked, we already pretty fucked up at the moment in terms of economy. A debt doesn't mean it's always going to be the taxpayer's burden.
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Screwston!
Offline
Posted 3/2/09

makix wrote:

Sure because Obama started off the US presidency with 0$ debt by our fantastic previous president. AM I RIGHT?

It's amazing that so many people are quick to assume that a debt will screw our country even more. Last time I checked, we already pretty fucked up at the moment in terms of economy. A debt doesn't mean it's always going to be the taxpayer's burden.


Based on your statement I'm going to, rightfully, assume you know nothing of economics. Do you realize how the national debt is tied to the value of it's currency? I guess not...

You're correct in that notion, he did inherit the of debt. Yet has made no movement to fix or relieve it, as he campaigned on so hard. I'm still waiting for that "Change" he promised. But, I guess the more things "Change," the more they stay the same. This being a prime example. Driving up the national debt and, making a tax increase in 2010 (Next Year.) and lowering IRS deductions is not way to help an economy. Hell, even the UK under Brown lowered taxes to get out of this situation.

Also, on what basis can you make the statement that the national debt is not going to be the tax payers burden? Taxes, from it's citizens, are the source of income for a government. What's the government going to do, open a restaurant chain, or start mining for gold?
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 3/2/09
It's been two months and people are talking about how he is a great or horrible president. Holy f*ckin christ. Wait a bit before you say shit from information you got from friends, Daily Show, and the internet. We're trying to fix the economy; not talk shit about who was right or wrong.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/09

Quebec1217 wrote:


makix wrote:

Sure because Obama started off the US presidency with 0$ debt by our fantastic previous president. AM I RIGHT?

It's amazing that so many people are quick to assume that a debt will screw our country even more. Last time I checked, we already pretty fucked up at the moment in terms of economy. A debt doesn't mean it's always going to be the taxpayer's burden.


Based on your statement I'm going to, rightfully, assume you know nothing of economics. Do you realize how the national debt is tied to the value of it's currency? I guess not...

You're correct in that notion, he did inherit the of debt. Yet has made no movement to fix or relieve it, as he campaigned on so hard. I'm still waiting for that "Change" he promised. But, I guess the more things "Change," the more they stay the same. This being a prime example. Driving up the national debt and, making a tax increase in 2010 (Next Year.) and lowering IRS deductions is not way to help an economy. Hell, even the UK under Brown lowered taxes to get out of this situation.

Also, on what basis can you make the statement that the national debt is not going to be the tax payers burden? Taxes, from it's citizens, are the source of income for a government. What's the government going to do, open a restaurant chain, or start mining for gold?


You're missing the point. Obama's budget plan, by far, has been the most clear-cut budget within the recent decades. Unlike most presidents who throw in secret "emergency" funds throughout the presidency, the debt we're seeing now is very straight forward and predictable. I understand what debt does to our country and it fucks up our currency value, but simply because our country's in a tight economic and political spot doesn't mean that the government should stop borrowing and spending money on our country. Our budget is high at the moment and our economy is fucked up, are you suggesting that our government cut back on various social budgets and hope that the debt and economy will stabilize?

In your same argument, should companies get these bailout funds, which ultimately is paid by the taxpayers. By your argument, we should say fuck it to them and let these major corporations collapse and let all hell loose.

In addition, Obama has already expressed his plans in fixing the taxpaying system so that higher earners pay higher taxes. Despite the conservative claims of "socialism", it's not. Our social class is becoming more polarized every year and unless this kind of taxpaying system is adopted, our economy is more screwed than the enormous debt people are so fucking worried about.

You can't expect the economy to stimulate itself and create jobs, which this country is sincerely lacking at the moment. Spend money on the country to help it boost back up and the debt will be paid over time.
1542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 3/4/09 , edited 3/4/09
First things first? which is which? Economy, Health, Jobs, Tax and so on?
Posted 3/4/09

Shohee wrote:

Obama is a truly the greatest presidents in the U.S in my opinion


Sorry to pull you down from clouds, but he's had not done anything great yet. He only just kept on spending more money (in trillions) which done nothing for economy.
Posted 3/4/09

digs wrote:

Obama's budget is terrible policy. Stimulus bills have never helped economies, and the one he wants to pass has 9000 earmarks in it. Lower taxes and less government spending increase the value of the dollar and put more money into the people's pockets. We need to reduce the debt, not raise it. Obama is all for pushing his liberal agenda at the expense of America and future generations.


Dear God! Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin are rolling in their graves!

Yep, we're screwed.
Posted 3/4/09
has anyone heard like the so called priest are saying obama is like the antichrist or like hitler?
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 3/4/09
2013? we have to wait THAT long? fook dat, im moving.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.