First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Obama's Presidency
Posted 7/29/09

digs wrote:

Palin for 2012

Obama is really getting on my nerves. All he does is blame Bush and hate on Bush and does nothing right to fix the economy or any issue. I'm serious, it has been 6 months sense he has had control and al he does is blame Bush. Bush wasn't half as Bad as Obama. Obama lies and tries to scare people. He said passing the stimulus would prevent unemployment from rising above 8%... now it's around 9.5%. Obama still does wiretapping and upholds the practices of the Bush administration that he so readily criticized. Obama is a fear monger who plays on his popularity. He is inexperienced and it is showing. All he has done is hurt the country and offend many nations (primarily Russia when Joe Biden the vice president said Russia would do whatever we say because they are poor and weak and have a waning military, this was in a public speech too). Obama isn't pro-choice, he is pro-abortion. The fact is that he repealed laws that limited abortion terms and abortion practices. At the federal level it is legal to have a partial birth abortion, and if an abortion fails and the child is still alive, doctors have the right to deny it medical attention even if it may live. It's brutally disgusting. Obama has put so much debt on the US in the past 6 months, more then Bush did in 8 years (and Bush was a high spender too). The one good thing Obama did was send more troops into Afghanistan to prevent a Taliban uprising, I'll give him credit for that. Overall though if Obama was to be graded by me, I would give him a 2/10.


ha ha ha bush did the same damn thing during his presidency at least obama is not torturing people or holding people with out a trial or wanted to send us troops to arrest people (well that was cheny). I don't really care about abortion anymore it's none of my bussines what some slut does because she couldn't get on birth control or close her damn legs >.> sigh sorry kind in a bad mood, but bush mad the ecenomy worse with no regulation or little on the market people will do illegal things and make it worse because the 1 relegion in the world is money after all, look at freddy may and frannie mac >> all bush cared about was going to war under false pretinces to remove sadamm woo who i am glad he is gone but we shouldn't have lied to do so.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234

ha ha ha bush did the same damn thing during his presidency at least obama is not torturing people or holding people with out a trial or wanted to send us troops to arrest people (well that was cheny). I don't really care about abortion anymore it's none of my bussines what some slut does because she couldn't get on birth control or close her damn legs >.> sigh sorry kind in a bad mood, but bush mad the ecenomy worse with no regulation or little on the market people will do illegal things and make it worse because the 1 relegion in the world is money after all, look at freddy may and frannie mac >> all bush cared about was going to war under false pretinces to remove sadamm woo who i am glad he is gone but we shouldn't have lied to do so.


Actually, most of the issues with the economy can be traced back to the Clinton administration. Some were Bush’s fault, but the housing bubble, public debt, and the inflation started with the Clinton administration. Bush failed us because he was so preoccupied with the war that he didn’t catch these problems, but under the Reagan and George sr. who employed similar tactics we experienced the longest period of economic growth in American history. It was Bill Clinton who broke the chain, and that’s the flaw of the American electoral system. It’s just not consistent enough. So really, it’s OUR fault for never sticking to one program. You can't go from Regan to Bush to Clinton to Bush and think things will be alright.
Revolver Dogelot
72988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 7/29/09
Obama will go down in history probably as the worst president of all time. It will take a while now, don't get me wrong. Probably be at least 50 years after he is out of office before people really grasp how badly he has hurt the country in such a short time.

Just going to give some facts. A poll run about two weeks ago I believe by a democrat news source (wont name it do your own research) asked about 1500 people about Obama. 56% thought he did a good job so far. This is strange though, why you ask? Because only 32% were in favor of his stimulus, only 40% thought the country could afford to do Health care reform "right now", only 25% approved of the troop activities in the middle east, and only a whopping 30% thought bailing out the auto industry was a good idea. So basically out of 1500 people at absolute best 60% of the people thought his decisions were bad, how they didn't equate bad decisions and policy to bad president I have no clue but long term the connection will get made. Bear in mind this was a left wing poll, the republican version polled over 2500 people and the numbers look quite a bit worse for the white house.

Fact, more jobs have been lost since the stimulus was created than have been created by the stimulus. Something that costs that much money needs much more tangible results way faster than 8-10 years. Also many economists are saying that the current economy would have actually been in better shape if we had done absolutely nothing. The projections for the end of the recession with stimulus are actually also a couple months behind what they are for the "do nothing" option. In other words it isn't even going to end the recession faster it actually extended it a little.

Big telling fact here. Obama in six months has spent more money than every president in the history of the country COMBINED. That includes the so called "big spender" Bush. To quote a economist who was on Fox News a few weeks ago... "When was the last time you heard of someone spending their way out of debt?". I don't know about you but the answer for me is never. The predictions are that your great grandchildren will still be paying on the stimulus at the absolute minimum, who knows how long it will take to pay everything off that gets spent from here on out.

Obama is a extreme left wing socialist. He is not in favor of bi partisan government, which 65% of the people in that poll at the top were in favor of. His cabinet is almost an exact replica of Clinton's, and all evidence indicates Clinton and his cabinet had more to do with the current economic crisis than Bush. In his two years in the senate he missed over 75% of his senate votes, did he really do right by his constituents? Meanwhile he has given control of the American cigarette industry to the FDA which of course caused the massive price hike they saw. I wonder how all his African American supporters will react when they find out he gave them the right to ban their favorite type of cig the methol in 2011?

Lastly Obama is an extreme left wing socialist. Socialists are not fans of democracy historically speaking. His ideas for government also closely mirror the systems used by the now broken USSR and Germany under Hitler.

As for me Mr. Middle Class worker? In the last six months my taxes have gone up, my pay has not, all of my stocks have lost value this last month even if only a little, it looks like I am going to start getting taxed on my health care too now, all in all I can't think of one single thing Obama has done that actually benefited me. Meanwhile I can name ten people I know off the top of my head who have lost their jobs and not one single person who has gotten a job that was created by the stimulus.


Posted 7/29/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234

ha ha ha bush did the same damn thing during his presidency at least obama is not torturing people or holding people with out a trial or wanted to send us troops to arrest people (well that was cheny). I don't really care about abortion anymore it's none of my bussines what some slut does because she couldn't get on birth control or close her damn legs >.> sigh sorry kind in a bad mood, but bush mad the ecenomy worse with no regulation or little on the market people will do illegal things and make it worse because the 1 relegion in the world is money after all, look at freddy may and frannie mac >> all bush cared about was going to war under false pretinces to remove sadamm woo who i am glad he is gone but we shouldn't have lied to do so.


Actually, most of the issues with the economy can be traced back to the Clinton administration. Some were Bush’s fault, but the housing bubble, public debt, and the inflation started with the Clinton administration. Bush failed us because he was so preoccupied with the war that he didn’t catch these problems, but under the Reagan and George sr. who employed similar tactics we experienced the longest period of economic growth in American history. It was Bill Clinton who broke the chain, and that’s the flaw of the American electoral system. It’s just not consistent enough. So really, it’s OUR fault for never sticking to one program. You can't go from Regan to Bush to Clinton to Bush and think things will be alright.


so what your saying is it should all me republican that's it?? wow i will be honest i hate the fact that dems are in full control as much i as hated the fact that the repulicans where under bush for 6 years but maybe that's because i am an independent.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/09 , edited 7/29/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234
so what your saying is it should all me republican that's it?? wow i will be honest i hate the fact that dems are in full control as much i as hated the fact that the repulicans where under bush for 6 years but maybe that's because i am an independent.


No, what I’m saying is that we need to make up our minds. We can’t flip flop from an extreme right wing candidate like Bush to an extreme left wing like Obama and expect the transition to be smooth. We can’t go from Carter to Reagan to Clinton. I’m attacking the two party system, not advocating any wing of politics. But the fact is, what I said in my last post is completely true. Reagan started the longest period of economic growth in American history and Clinton ended it.


We need consistency. This "you only serve for eight years," thing is bull. As long as the election is democratic, who cares how long they serve?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/29/09 , edited 7/29/09
Come on guys the same people on here criticizing Obama where was the criticism during bush regime I mean was Bush doing that good? Seriously half the stuff I see typed here could be said about Bush as Bush didnt do anything but single handily raise the defeciet like Obama and bought this country into two wars. I aint saying Obama is no saint as I dont agree with many things he says. The only thing he can do good is make a good speech talking about peace and nuclear weapons. A good role model for many African Americans as well. He is someone you can actually watch but to me actions speak louder then words and as long as he sustains, escalates the wars in the middle east it is all bull.
Posted 7/29/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234
so what your saying is it should all me republican that's it?? wow i will be honest i hate the fact that dems are in full control as much i as hated the fact that the repulicans where under bush for 6 years but maybe that's because i am an independent.


No, what I’m saying is that we need to make up our minds. We can’t flip flop from an extreme right wing candidate like Bush to an extreme left wing like Obama and expect the transition to be smooth. We can’t go from Carter to Reagan to Clinton. I’m attacking the two party system, not advocating any wing of politics. But the fact is, what I said in my last post is completely true. Reagan started the longest period of economic growth in American history and Clinton ended it.


We need consistency. This "you only serve for eight years," thing is bull. As long as the election is democratic, who cares how long they serve?


ahh thanks for clearing that up for me but yeah that's the main reason i am an independent voter i like to think that a third party might work, but well who knows.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234
so what your saying is it should all me republican that's it?? wow i will be honest i hate the fact that dems are in full control as much i as hated the fact that the repulicans where under bush for 6 years but maybe that's because i am an independent.


No, what I’m saying is that we need to make up our minds. We can’t flip flop from an extreme right wing candidate like Bush to an extreme left wing like Obama and expect the transition to be smooth. We can’t go from Carter to Reagan to Clinton. I’m attacking the two party system, not advocating any wing of politics. But the fact is, what I said in my last post is completely true. Reagan started the longest period of economic growth in American history and Clinton ended it.


We need consistency. This "you only serve for eight years," thing is bull. As long as the election is democratic, who cares how long they serve?


ahh thanks for clearing that up for me but yeah that's the main reason i am an independent voter i like to think that a third party might work, but well who knows.


I am the same with you I am tired of this two party system. Like Jesse Ventura says, " We are no different from Communist Russia we just have one extra candidate to chose from>"

What I would like to see in a debate is a Repub/Demcrat and a third party debate. The hell with what the polls say I believe debates can change peoples vote. Also I would like the media to give all candidates equal air time and dont attack candidates that they dont like. Seriously that Mccain and Obama debate was a bor with little differences. The media is our only source to know about these candidates and if they fail to report them evenly then of course we will choose the two with the most air time.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

drizza wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234
so what your saying is it should all me republican that's it?? wow i will be honest i hate the fact that dems are in full control as much i as hated the fact that the repulicans where under bush for 6 years but maybe that's because i am an independent.


No, what I’m saying is that we need to make up our minds. We can’t flip flop from an extreme right wing candidate like Bush to an extreme left wing like Obama and expect the transition to be smooth. We can’t go from Carter to Reagan to Clinton. I’m attacking the two party system, not advocating any wing of politics. But the fact is, what I said in my last post is completely true. Reagan started the longest period of economic growth in American history and Clinton ended it.


We need consistency. This "you only serve for eight years," thing is bull. As long as the election is democratic, who cares how long they serve?


ahh thanks for clearing that up for me but yeah that's the main reason i am an independent voter i like to think that a third party might work, but well who knows.


I am the same with you I am tired of this two party system. Like Jesse Ventura says, " We are no different from Communist Russia we just have one extra candidate to chose from>"

What I would like to see in a debate is a Repub/Demcrat and a third party debate. The hell with what the polls say I believe debates can change peoples vote. Also I would like the media to give all candidates equal air time and dont attack candidates that they dont like. Seriously that Mccain and Obama debate was a bor with little differences. The media is our only source to know about these candidates and if they fail to report them evenly then of course we will choose the two with the most air time.



The two parties like to make you think we only have a two party system.

In the end we have other people running but most Americans are blind to this. As so instead of picking someone good, they pick the lesser of the two evils. This can be all fixed if we stop the two parties from having more freedom and power over all the other powers. they should all be equal runners, who get just as much TV time as all the others. No more no less. That way we can see all parties and what they stand for.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/29/09
Dude the one thing I wanted to see is Ron Paul debate Barack Obama because like how the Dems was saying Mccain is the same as Bush Ron Paul thought Obama was no different from Bush as well. I would have loved to see how Obama would have counter him.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

drizza wrote:

Dude the one thing I wanted to see is Ron Paul debate Barack Obama because like how the Dems was saying Mccain is the same as Bush Ron Paul thought Obama was no different from Bush as well. I would have loved to see how Obama would have counter him.


What do you think of Dennis Kucinich?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/29/09 , edited 7/29/09

Yei wrote:


drizza wrote:

Dude the one thing I wanted to see is Ron Paul debate Barack Obama because like how the Dems was saying Mccain is the same as Bush Ron Paul thought Obama was no different from Bush as well. I would have loved to see how Obama would have counter him.


What do you think of Dennis Kucinich?


He was good just didnt like his stance on illegal immigration, he is with obama on the stimulus plans, personal reason he supports gay marriage (I dont). I didnt hear from him to much about the federal reserve or his plan to fix the trade deficit. I also dont know if he wants to pull all US troops from around the 100+ bases back to home nor his stance on the Israel/Palestine issue.
Revolver Dogelot
72988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

drizza wrote:

Come on guys the same people on here criticizing Obama where was the criticism during bush regime I mean was Bush doing that good? Seriously half the stuff I see typed here could be said about Bush as Bush didnt do anything but single handily raise the defeciet like Obama and bought this country into two wars. I aint saying Obama is no saint as I dont agree with many things he says. The only thing he can do good is make a good speech talking about peace and nuclear weapons. A good role model for many African Americans as well. He is someone you can actually watch but to me actions speak louder then words and as long as he sustains, escalates the wars in the middle east it is all bull.


I don't see how you can defend Obama on any level when by your own comments you say all he can do is give a good speech. Well a speech is nothing but talk, and talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words and his actions are not approved of by the majority of the country. Lastly, yes Bush Jr. increased the deficit. But Obama took a large hill sized deficit and blew it up into Olympus Mons. Comparing Bush's spending to Obama's is like comparing Bill Gates spending to a hobo living in a card board box.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

drizza wrote:


Yei wrote:


drizza wrote:

Dude the one thing I wanted to see is Ron Paul debate Barack Obama because like how the Dems was saying Mccain is the same as Bush Ron Paul thought Obama was no different from Bush as well. I would have loved to see how Obama would have counter him.


What do you think of Dennis Kucinich?


He was good just didnt like his stance on immigration, he is with obama on the stimulus plans, personal reason he supports gay marriage (I dont). I didnt hear from him to much about the federal reserve or his plan to fix the trade deficit. I also dont know if he wants to pull all US troops from around the 100+ bases back to home nor his stance on the Israel/Palestine issue.


Bailout plan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaF_MZVWM3E

Israel/Palestine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg0Km2M3kvk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X35OAb2wGo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6MkzkBrxAg

Federal Reserve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pVV4n2lKHk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r_-QRKyu6g

Iraq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEUgE8Ba7cE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6CWuborky4

He's pretty cool. And you shouldn't be concerned with the gay marriage issue lol
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/29/09 , edited 7/29/09

Karkarov wrote:


drizza wrote:

Come on guys the same people on here criticizing Obama where was the criticism during bush regime I mean was Bush doing that good? Seriously half the stuff I see typed here could be said about Bush as Bush didnt do anything but single handily raise the defeciet like Obama and bought this country into two wars. I aint saying Obama is no saint as I dont agree with many things he says. The only thing he can do good is make a good speech talking about peace and nuclear weapons. A good role model for many African Americans as well. He is someone you can actually watch but to me actions speak louder then words and as long as he sustains, escalates the wars in the middle east it is all bull.


I don't see how you can defend Obama on any level when by your own comments you say all he can do is give a good speech. Well a speech is nothing but talk, and talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words and his actions are not approved of by the majority of the country. Lastly, yes Bush Jr. increased the deficit. But Obama took a large hill sized deficit and blew it up into Olympus Mons. Comparing Bush's spending to Obama's is like comparing Bill Gates spending to a hobo living in a card board box.


I agree actions do speak louder then words I said that. Obama makes good orator I cannot deny that much more easier then listening to fear mongering George W Bush.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.