First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What if Gintoki is an Amanto?
Member
Ailuv 
26459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / East Coast, USA
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
That would be interesting. We have no clue who Gin's parents are.

But being human and still being able to conquer aliens is what makes Gin so cool!
Member
1173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 3/3/09
Well, that wouldn't be very fun. The whole selling point is that Gin-san is a human, but can take on someone from a super powerful alien race. His mysterious strength and fortitude is why he's so cool. If Gin-san turned out to be some kinda super Amanto... his win against all those powerful enemies wouldn't be quite so awe-inspiring, now would it?
Member
1173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 3/3/09

Ailuv wrote:

That would be interesting. We have no clue who Gin's parents are.

But being human and still being able to conquer aliens is what makes Gin so cool!


I don't know why but I kinda thought the man we saw during the flashback of the Benizuka Arc was Gin's father.
You remember that episode? We didn't see the man's whole face, but his hair was long and white. In the flashback, Gin was sleeping in the back, while the white-haired sensei was teaching in the front of the class.

After Takashugi revealed that he hated the world because it has taken away their beloved sensei, Katsura said something like Gin-san is the one who "has the most reason to hate the world" but he doesn't, and instead "continues to endure it." At that, I wondered if that man was related to Gin-san somehow. But iono, I could be wrong.
Member
1238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 3/3/09

Oresama9999 wrote:


Ailuv wrote:

That would be interesting. We have no clue who Gin's parents are.

But being human and still being able to conquer aliens is what makes Gin so cool!


I don't know why but I kinda thought the man we saw during the flashback of the Benizuka Arc was Gin's father.
You remember that episode? We didn't see the man's whole face, but his hair was long and white. In the flashback, Gin was sleeping in the back, while the white-haired sensei was teaching in the front of the class.

After Takashugi revealed that he hated the world because it has taken away their beloved sensei, Katsura said something like Gin-san is the one who "has the most reason to hate the world" but he doesn't, and instead "continues to endure it." At that, I wondered if that man was related to Gin-san somehow. But iono, I could be wrong.


No that teacher is not Gin's father as far as I know. For Katsura's quote I think it might got to do with what happen during the battle. For that teacher I do have some other speculations but now it is too early to say.
Member
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Colombia
Offline
Posted 3/4/09

geoffc wrote:

No that teacher is not Gin's father as far as I know. For Katsura's quote I think it might got to do with what happen during the battle. For that teacher I do have some other speculations but now it is too early to say.


c'mon, tell us
I'm agree of that man being gin-san's dad, because he's really suspicious, and gin didn't pay so much attention to his clases, like if he already knew all of that or he did't care what a father has to say. But I also would like to know your theory about Shouyou sensei and his relation with Gin-san.
Member
1173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 3/4/09

geoffc wrote:


Oresama9999 wrote:


Ailuv wrote:

That would be interesting. We have no clue who Gin's parents are.

But being human and still being able to conquer aliens is what makes Gin so cool!


I don't know why but I kinda thought the man we saw during the flashback of the Benizuka Arc was Gin's father.
You remember that episode? We didn't see the man's whole face, but his hair was long and white. In the flashback, Gin was sleeping in the back, while the white-haired sensei was teaching in the front of the class.

After Takashugi revealed that he hated the world because it has taken away their beloved sensei, Katsura said something like Gin-san is the one who "has the most reason to hate the world" but he doesn't, and instead "continues to endure it." At that, I wondered if that man was related to Gin-san somehow. But iono, I could be wrong.


No that teacher is not Gin's father as far as I know. For Katsura's quote I think it might got to do with what happen during the battle. For that teacher I do have some other speculations but now it is too early to say.


Lol... aww common, speculate, speculate! It's more fun to guess wildly at things before they're confirmed cuz then when they are verified, you can be like "hah! I knew it!" and we would all bow down to your great intellect.

Member
1173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 3/4/09 , edited 3/4/09

canuchita wrote:


geoffc wrote:

No that teacher is not Gin's father as far as I know. For Katsura's quote I think it might got to do with what happen during the battle. For that teacher I do have some other speculations but now it is too early to say.


c'mon, tell us
I'm agree of that man being gin-san's dad, because he's really suspicious, and gin didn't pay so much attention to his clases, like if he already knew all of that or he did't care what a father has to say. But I also would like to know your theory about Shouyou sensei and his relation with Gin-san.


Hey, you know, maybe they didn't know the top half of sensei's face because if we saw his eyes, we would see that they look like the eyes of a dead fish, and it would be obvious that he's Gin-san's dad.
Member
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Colombia
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
yeah, I though so too...maybe they're dead fishes eyes, and deep red like gin-san
Posted 3/7/09

canuchita wrote:


geoffc wrote:

No that teacher is not Gin's father as far as I know. For Katsura's quote I think it might got to do with what happen during the battle. For that teacher I do have some other speculations but now it is too early to say.


c'mon, tell us
I'm agree of that man being gin-san's dad, because he's really suspicious, and gin didn't pay so much attention to his clases, like if he already knew all of that or he did't care what a father has to say. But I also would like to know your theory about Shouyou sensei and his relation with Gin-san.


thats a nice theory but come on.. do u think that gintoki, no matter who the teacher is, would ever be a diligent student like zura (for example)??
XD that totally doesnt fit his whole "dont-want-to-work/dont-want-no-responsibility"-attitude^^


as to whether i think he's an amanto... i also think the whole point is that, even though aliens are superior in alot of things, gintoki is a character that is supposed to remind us, that humans shouldnt be underestimated!

i mean he was extremely strong when fighting the night-king but he still didnt have some inhuman super-move. just plain but cool sword fighting ^_^
Member
1238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
At first I was guessing Shouyou sensei was Otose's ex husband... Just started from the guess during the time when Gintoki hide behing Otose's husband grave. He asked whether he could eat the food offered to the dead. Otose replied if her husband allows and he immediately eat it. Just a guess.

I never thought that Shouyou sensei is Gintoki's father, but the sensei is sure very close to his students. The outcome of the Amanto wars have got a lot to do with him.

Izzit possible that Gintoki, Katsura, Sakamoto, Takasugi are orphans staying in the temple, while the sensei works as the teacher and sword instructor there?
Member
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Colombia
Offline
Posted 3/8/09

geoffc wrote:

At first I was guessing Shouyou sensei was Otose's ex husband... Just started from the guess during the time when Gintoki hide behing Otose's husband grave. He asked whether he could eat the food offered to the dead. Otose replied if her husband allows and he immediately eat it. Just a guess.

I never thought that Shouyou sensei is Gintoki's father, but the sensei is sure very close to his students. The outcome of the Amanto wars have got a lot to do with him.

Izzit possible that Gintoki, Katsura, Sakamoto, Takasugi are orphans staying in the temple, while the sensei works as the teacher and sword instructor there?


I like your guess, it's a different point of view :), I never thought about that possibility...if something like that were true, that would be a huge coincidence

I guess your point of the guys being orphans at that time is true, though it could be false as well XD

what I don't clearly understand is why was Gin-san at that place when he met Otose...couldn't he be, i don't know, in a alley or by the street or something like that...and again, why was he so abandoned and almost dying? I mean, the war ended, but he doesn't necessarily have to be in that condition, does he?
Member
24695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
I was under the impresson that the Joui 4 (or was it 3... I can't remember if Sakamoto was with them or not) were orphans as well, although Shouyou-sensei being a relative (I'd say uncle) of Gintoki has crossed my mind.

@ Canuchita: I would assume that he was lurking about the graveyard to swipe offerings. XD He was in rough shape, AND he still looked fairly young, so it was probably shortly after the war. He was probably living on the street at that point, and possibly running from the law (I'd be surprised if Shioryasha DIDN'T have a bounty on his head).
Member
1238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 3/9/09
Ok... But one wierd thing is Gintoki, Katsura, Sakamoto, and Takasugi fought and killed a lot in the amanto wars. Katsura is a wanted man. Takasugi is a pirate. But Gintoki and Sakamoto does not even have a bounty. In fact many seem to forgot about Gintoki as White Demon. While they fought to drive off the amanto in the past, now they live in harmony with them (Kagura is an amanto).

Katsura said term about Gintoki "has the most reason to hate the world", yet Gintoki acted as normal. What I am trying to say is maybe Shouyou sensei death, reason of death and last wish have an impact of everyone's lives after that. I just dunno wad happen then.

The reason about why he hide behind the grave hungry could be... If I am right about Shouyou is Otose's ex husband, one of his last wish is for Gintoki to protect his wife, but that time he doesn't know who is his wife and where she live. Mebbe he hide behind his grave until he met Otose. Just another guess.

Anyway Gintama is not going to end, so we can wait long long to find out wad happen then...
Member
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/9/09

geoffc wrote:

Ok... But one wierd thing is Gintoki, Katsura, Sakamoto, and Takasugi fought and killed a lot in the amanto wars. Katsura is a wanted man. Takasugi is a pirate. But Gintoki and Sakamoto does not even have a bounty. In fact many seem to forgot about Gintoki as White Demon. While they fought to drive off the amanto in the past, now they live in harmony with them (Kagura is an amanto).


1. Katsura and Takasugi are members of the Joi-Fraction. Mademoiselle Saigou also wasn't persecuted for the war.

2. Fighting an invading foreign fleet doesn't mean you have to become a racist/ultranationalist. Even Katsura has Elizabeth and calls Kagura a leader. Takasugi works with the spacepirates and fights to destroy his own people.

Member
1238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 3/9/09

sindba-d wrote:


geoffc wrote:

Ok... But one wierd thing is Gintoki, Katsura, Sakamoto, and Takasugi fought and killed a lot in the amanto wars. Katsura is a wanted man. Takasugi is a pirate. But Gintoki and Sakamoto does not even have a bounty. In fact many seem to forgot about Gintoki as White Demon. While they fought to drive off the amanto in the past, now they live in harmony with them (Kagura is an amanto).


1. Katsura and Takasugi are members of the Joi-Fraction. Mademoiselle Saigou also wasn't persecuted for the war.

2. Fighting an invading foreign fleet doesn't mean you have to become a racist/ultranationalist. Even Katsura has Elizabeth and calls Kagura a leader. Takasugi works with the spacepirates and fights to destroy his own people.



When a foreign army invades a country, the enemy either fight or surrender. So the surrendered enemy either joins the enemy or prosecuted to becum a war criminal. For those who haven surrender, it is a huge possibility for them to be known as some resistance force. So it is the newly formed government responsibility to track down the rest of the unsurrendered enemy.

About why people like Gintoki, Sakamoto and Mademoiselle never got proscuted could be either their leader surrendered with his force or any other reason I dunno.

I dun think Katsura is against Amanto, but is against the Amanto governmment.

And I think we are a little off topic here~ Wahahaha~
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.