First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Official Episode 21 - Waiting Requirements Thread
8949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
well we all know next ep our heroine will convince the old shrew she's the perfect person for the role. really hope the revenge ghosts have a field day with the old bat.

this problem is actually the directors mistake for not quashing her right at the start regardless of her rant he should have simply said she did the role 20 years back and he plans to surpass it meaning her input would be interfering with that goal. if nothing else he should have sent her packing to watch kyoko's part in the music video.
Member
29465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Okinawa, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
Hm. I agree. The old woman should really just mind her own business and let Kyoko try out the job. Ren should've stop the woman too like when the director wanted to but Ren said not to.... Kyoko should've also just stop answering those stupid questions asked from the woman and say "Let me try this role and I WILL surpass you....for sure" I mean, I can't wait what will she do next episode.





~Kiesara~
Member
4197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
SO COOL!

I've already finish it! That old woman it's a little bit bossy, luckly Kyoko-chan will shut her mouth with her acting!

Ren look so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Like a GOD and he was so happy that Kyoko is in the dorama!

I was melting when he said : OIDE! (hope it well written)

Can't wait to 22!
Member
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / A nice white room...
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
Aren't you all being a little mean towards Iizuka-san? I mean, yeah, she's kinda being harsh, but you have to remember that 'Mio' is a very important role to her, because it was a role she played in the past. She doesn't want to see Mio's image damaged by the remake of the drama, which is why she's so harsh on Kyouko in the beginning. I mean, Kyouko only just broke into the industry, how would you feel if you heard someone gave something so important to you to a person who just barely knows what they're doing? And you have to remember that it was Iizuka-san's challenge to Kyouko that really got the girl thinking of how she wanted to create her own Mio, which goes on to help her with all the characters she creates after Mio.



Iizuka-san aside though, I was rather irritable about this episode, since the anime seems to be trying to kill Kyouko's character. I mean, in the manga, Kyouko's always been so humble, yet the anime decided that, instead of including the extras nasty comments about Director Ogata, that they'd just have them say a few bad things about Kyouko that she's already heard time and again with little or no reaction. I think it speaks volumes more about Kyouko's character that she'd defend Director Ogata over herself.

The anime also cut out Ogata fainting during the press conference, and the explination of thi father complex, which everyone who reads the manga already knows is important to the plot. And what happened to dinner with Asami and Ogata?! I'm starting to get irritated that they're cutting out all my favorite scenes. 'sighs' Ah, well, at least the scene with Shou and Shouko was funny.

Member
29465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Okinawa, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

Aryam-Tsuruga wrote:

SO COOL!

I've already finish it! That old woman it's a little bit bossy, luckly Kyoko-chan will shut her mouth with her acting!

Ren look so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Like a GOD and he was so happy that Kyoko is in the dorama!

I was melting when he said : OIDE! (hope it well written)

Can't wait to 22!


I agree. Ren looks so cool.... ^^ and hopefully in ''sometime'' Kyoko can shut the dumb woman's mouth! ^_^ I was melting onto the floor when Ren said that too; I guess it was the same thought or something? ^_^


~Kiesara~
Member
29465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Okinawa, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

WingsofMorphius wrote:

Aren't you all being a little mean towards Iizuka-san? I mean, yeah, she's kinda being harsh, but you have to remember that 'Mio' is a very important role to her, because it was a role she played in the past. She doesn't want to see Mio's image damaged by the remake of the drama, which is why she's so harsh on Kyouko in the beginning. I mean, Kyouko only just broke into the industry, how would you feel if you heard someone gave something so important to you to a person who just barely knows what they're doing? And you have to remember that it was Iizuka-san's challenge to Kyouko that really got the girl thinking of how she wanted to create her own Mio, which goes on to help her with all the characters she creates after Mio.



Iizuka-san aside though, I was rather irritable about this episode, since the anime seems to be trying to kill Kyouko's character. I mean, in the manga, Kyouko's always been so humble, yet the anime decided that, instead of including the extras nasty comments about Director Ogata, that they'd just have them say a few bad things about Kyouko that she's already heard time and again with little or no reaction. I think it speaks volumes more about Kyouko's character that she'd defend Director Ogata over herself.

The anime also cut out Ogata fainting during the press conference, and the explination of thi father complex, which everyone who reads the manga already knows is important to the plot. And what happened to dinner with Asami and Ogata?! I'm starting to get irritated that they're cutting out all my favorite scenes. 'sighs' Ah, well, at least the scene with Shou and Shouko was funny.



Yup. I will be really furious if they cut out the part about Shotaro's daydream..um-hm.
Member
1080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Indiana
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
Something else I must bring up about Iizuka-san is that while forcing her to quit is over the top, she does have a valid point on Kyoko. Even though she will be acting her own Mio, both versions are based on the same Mio from the book. All of her background is the same so Iizuka-san would be the one person that could quiz Kyoko and know if she's on the right track.

I any case, how could Kyoko possibly surpass the original if she doesn't know everything about Mio? That's what character development is. I think it's a great trial for her to win the original actress' support. It's proof she really can do a better job!

And yeah, it's crazy how they're skipping more and more stuff in each episode. The fact they kept the scene with Sho's manager seeing the PV got me curious. With Kyoko's trial and Ren's love troubles after that, how would they fit Sho into all of this with only 5 episodes left? There's no time to go into the Beagle arc after this. Unless they really do deviate on the ending...
Member
6718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / F / Down the Rabbit Hole
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

belle_lumiere wrote:
And yeah, it's crazy how they're skipping more and more stuff in each episode. The fact they kept the scene with Sho's manager seeing the PV got me curious. With Kyoko's trial and Ren's love troubles after that, how would they fit Sho into all of this with only 5 episodes left? There's no time to go into the Beagle arc after this. Unless they really do deviate on the ending...


They won't. The beagles will be saved for season 2, if they have one.



Did anyone else notice the little glance and smirk Yashiro gave Ren and Kyoko when they were talking in the hall? His quick retreat was typical Yashiro!

I'm so glad we will finally get to see the giggling school-girl Yashiro!

love love love it when he gets that way. LOL!

Posted 3/1/09
I have different opinions.
I think that lizuka-san is just making sure that Kyoko would be good for the role.Of course
that causes you to be bossy and fustrated.lizuka-san cares for her past role and thats not
anything strange.Kyoko did her best and obviously she will get accepted ~
Omi..I can't wait to see Sho's daydream..

8949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

WingsofMorphius wrote:

Aren't you all being a little mean towards Iizuka-san? I mean, yeah, she's kinda being harsh, but you have to remember that 'Mio' is a very important role to her, because it was a role she played in the past. She doesn't want to see Mio's image damaged by the remake of the drama, which is why she's so harsh on Kyouko in the beginning. I mean, Kyouko only just broke into the industry, how would you feel if you heard someone gave something so important to you to a person who just barely knows what they're doing? And you have to remember that it was Iizuka-san's challenge to Kyouko that really got the girl thinking of how she wanted to create her own Mio, which goes on to help her with all the characters she creates after Mio.



Iizuka-san aside though, I was rather irritable about this episode, since the anime seems to be trying to kill Kyouko's character. I mean, in the manga, Kyouko's always been so humble, yet the anime decided that, instead of including the extras nasty comments about Director Ogata, that they'd just have them say a few bad things about Kyouko that she's already heard time and again with little or no reaction. I think it speaks volumes more about Kyouko's character that she'd defend Director Ogata over herself.

The anime also cut out Ogata fainting during the press conference, and the explination of thi father complex, which everyone who reads the manga already knows is important to the plot. And what happened to dinner with Asami and Ogata?! I'm starting to get irritated that they're cutting out all my favorite scenes. 'sighs' Ah, well, at least the scene with Shou and Shouko was funny.



each person playing a role will define that role differently no mater how important the role was to Iisuka she has no say in how its going to be played by another actress even though both people are working from the same script how she interpreted it 20 years ago was the best she could, but kyouko may see something different which could bring more to the character than she did and the old bat should be professional enough to realize this possibility. for a production to surpass a previous one it needs to be fresh not copy the old one which is exactly what the president told ren. the old bats quiz is a bogus way for her to assert her authority over the cast and force the new drama to emulate or copy the old one which would leave it wanting and impossible to surpass the old drama.

like i said the director should have quashed her rant and booted her off the drama regardless of how they spin it later in a real production where they plan to surpass the old it would be good to get advice from previous actors but not have one storm troop the new cast.

18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Bacolod City, Phi...
Offline
Posted 3/2/09
I am afraid that either they will end the skip beat in just one season or they will stay dormant for a while and launch season two after sometimes say 3 months or 6 months after. It is as if they are keeping up with the manga and in no time they will reach the last published chapter. There are so many cut scenes that are critical to Kyouko's formation like the one said here about the passing out of Director Ogata. Even the subplot about the story of Mokoson's reason why she is throwing children is also cut. If you are following the manga, you will be surprised of the double step they did toward the anime. There are many deleted scenes. It seems they are hurrying the development of story in the anime. Aside fromt that, the development in the story in manga is also slow while the anime is fast. The last chapter is still at Natsu role and the scenes we are hoping where Kyouko would be a senpai to other love me section member, Ren to finally confess to Kyouko, Shou to compete Ren for Kyouko's attention and love are too far to be realized in manga. Manga will go a long way. Hope this anime will go beyond 52 episodes.
Member
1369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Somewhere...beyon...
Offline
Posted 3/2/09
Iizuka-san being a total bitch is what makes the look on her face later that much funnier. When she gets the hell scared out of her, and when Ogata-san tells her to do a good job...the look on her face was simply priceless! XD


Now I really really want Dark Moon to be made into an anime or drama (preferably anime...and use back the same characters, LoL!).
Member
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / A nice white room...
Offline
Posted 3/2/09

dragoneyes001 wrote:


WingsofMorphius wrote:

Aren't you all being a little mean towards Iizuka-san? I mean, yeah, she's kinda being harsh, but you have to remember that 'Mio' is a very important role to her, because it was a role she played in the past. She doesn't want to see Mio's image damaged by the remake of the drama, which is why she's so harsh on Kyouko in the beginning. I mean, Kyouko only just broke into the industry, how would you feel if you heard someone gave something so important to you to a person who just barely knows what they're doing? And you have to remember that it was Iizuka-san's challenge to Kyouko that really got the girl thinking of how she wanted to create her own Mio, which goes on to help her with all the characters she creates after Mio.



Iizuka-san aside though, I was rather irritable about this episode, since the anime seems to be trying to kill Kyouko's character. I mean, in the manga, Kyouko's always been so humble, yet the anime decided that, instead of including the extras nasty comments about Director Ogata, that they'd just have them say a few bad things about Kyouko that she's already heard time and again with little or no reaction. I think it speaks volumes more about Kyouko's character that she'd defend Director Ogata over herself.

The anime also cut out Ogata fainting during the press conference, and the explination of thi father complex, which everyone who reads the manga already knows is important to the plot. And what happened to dinner with Asami and Ogata?! I'm starting to get irritated that they're cutting out all my favorite scenes. 'sighs' Ah, well, at least the scene with Shou and Shouko was funny.



each person playing a role will define that role differently no mater how important the role was to Iisuka she has no say in how its going to be played by another actress even though both people are working from the same script how she interpreted it 20 years ago was the best she could, but kyouko may see something different which could bring more to the character than she did and the old bat should be professional enough to realize this possibility. for a production to surpass a previous one it needs to be fresh not copy the old one which is exactly what the president told ren. the old bats quiz is a bogus way for her to assert her authority over the cast and force the new drama to emulate or copy the old one which would leave it wanting and impossible to surpass the old drama.

like i said the director should have quashed her rant and booted her off the drama regardless of how they spin it later in a real production where they plan to surpass the old it would be good to get advice from previous actors but not have one storm troop the new cast.



Yes, each person playing a role will define that role differently, but Kyouko had no idea where to even begin with defining Mio until Iizuka-san showed up and challenged her. And you are right that it's none of Iizuka-san's business who does Mio or how the script is remade, but I never said that it was. All I said was that the role was important to her, and most humans, including myself and I'm sure the vast majority of the people watching Skip Beat, will stick there nose where it doesn't belong for something that's important to them. Ren, for example. It was really none of his business that Kyouko did a PV with Shou, but he still got involved with it and let it upset him because Kyouko is important to him.

Also, don't you think Ogata put a lot of thought into the selection of his cast? I mean, he was so adamant about Kyouko and Ren playing Mio and Katsuki respectively, so don't you think he put just as much thought into the selection of an actress for Mio's mother? I'm sure Ogata chose Iizuka for the same reason that he chose Ren and Kyouko, because he felt she could surpass the previous 'Mother' in Tsukigomori. Why on earth would he fire her on the first day over a petty arguement between two actresses, especially when on some level what Iizuka-san was asking for was the same thing he was hoping Kyouko could achieve? It's true that Iizuka-san jumped the gun in assuming that Kyouko wasn't fit for the role, but after Kyouko proves herself by winning Iizuka-san over so throughly with her Mio, to the point where Iizuka will acknowledge her interpretation of the role as superior. I'm not saying that Iizuka-san is perfect, merely that her character is very human and that the fans should give her a chance. I mean, isn't the main problem people currently have with her the fact that she jumped all over Kyouko before the girl had a chance to prove herself? How is it anything but hypocritical when the fans do the exact same thing and then condemn the character for thier actions?
8949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/09

WingsofMorphius wrote:


dragoneyes001 wrote:


WingsofMorphius wrote:

Aren't you all being a little mean towards Iizuka-san? I mean, yeah, she's kinda being harsh, but you have to remember that 'Mio' is a very important role to her, because it was a role she played in the past. She doesn't want to see Mio's image damaged by the remake of the drama, which is why she's so harsh on Kyouko in the beginning. I mean, Kyouko only just broke into the industry, how would you feel if you heard someone gave something so important to you to a person who just barely knows what they're doing? And you have to remember that it was Iizuka-san's challenge to Kyouko that really got the girl thinking of how she wanted to create her own Mio, which goes on to help her with all the characters she creates after Mio.



Iizuka-san aside though, I was rather irritable about this episode, since the anime seems to be trying to kill Kyouko's character. I mean, in the manga, Kyouko's always been so humble, yet the anime decided that, instead of including the extras nasty comments about Director Ogata, that they'd just have them say a few bad things about Kyouko that she's already heard time and again with little or no reaction. I think it speaks volumes more about Kyouko's character that she'd defend Director Ogata over herself.

The anime also cut out Ogata fainting during the press conference, and the explination of thi father complex, which everyone who reads the manga already knows is important to the plot. And what happened to dinner with Asami and Ogata?! I'm starting to get irritated that they're cutting out all my favorite scenes. 'sighs' Ah, well, at least the scene with Shou and Shouko was funny.



each person playing a role will define that role differently no mater how important the role was to Iisuka she has no say in how its going to be played by another actress even though both people are working from the same script how she interpreted it 20 years ago was the best she could, but kyouko may see something different which could bring more to the character than she did and the old bat should be professional enough to realize this possibility. for a production to surpass a previous one it needs to be fresh not copy the old one which is exactly what the president told ren. the old bats quiz is a bogus way for her to assert her authority over the cast and force the new drama to emulate or copy the old one which would leave it wanting and impossible to surpass the old drama.

like i said the director should have quashed her rant and booted her off the drama regardless of how they spin it later in a real production where they plan to surpass the old it would be good to get advice from previous actors but not have one storm troop the new cast.



Yes, each person playing a role will define that role differently, but Kyouko had no idea where to even begin with defining Mio until Iizuka-san showed up and challenged her. And you are right that it's none of Iizuka-san's business who does Mio or how the script is remade, but I never said that it was. All I said was that the role was important to her, and most humans, including myself and I'm sure the vast majority of the people watching Skip Beat, will stick there nose where it doesn't belong for something that's important to them. Ren, for example. It was really none of his business that Kyouko did a PV with Shou, but he still got involved with it and let it upset him because Kyouko is important to him.

Also, don't you think Ogata put a lot of thought into the selection of his cast? I mean, he was so adamant about Kyouko and Ren playing Mio and Katsuki respectively, so don't you think he put just as much thought into the selection of an actress for Mio's mother? I'm sure Ogata chose Iizuka for the same reason that he chose Ren and Kyouko, because he felt she could surpass the previous 'Mother' in Tsukigomori. Why on earth would he fire her on the first day over a petty arguement between two actresses, especially when on some level what Iizuka-san was asking for was the same thing he was hoping Kyouko could achieve? It's true that Iizuka-san jumped the gun in assuming that Kyouko wasn't fit for the role, but after Kyouko proves herself by winning Iizuka-san over so throughly with her Mio, to the point where Iizuka will acknowledge her interpretation of the role as superior. I'm not saying that Iizuka-san is perfect, merely that her character is very human and that the fans should give her a chance. I mean, isn't the main problem people currently have with her the fact that she jumped all over Kyouko before the girl had a chance to prove herself? How is it anything but hypocritical when the fans do the exact same thing and then condemn the character for thier actions?


my objection is not that she jumped all over kyouko but the fact she steam rolled the director in doing so and forced kyouko to agree to step down if she didn't meet her opinion of good enough. she has no authority to even suggest it much less expect it.
at that point the director should have slammed her down regardless of her previous affiliation to the role and even if he picked her as carefully as he did the others she's a potential threat to his ability to move ahead with the project meaning she's undermining his authority as director. in military terms a major who allows a private to issue orders only the major has the right to issue which are against his battle plan will find himself incapable of commanding his troops when he really needs to because the private will have already usurped the majors authority among the troops.
Member
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / A nice white room...
Offline
Posted 3/2/09

dragoneyes001 wrote:


WingsofMorphius wrote:


dragoneyes001 wrote:


WingsofMorphius wrote:

Aren't you all being a little mean towards Iizuka-san? I mean, yeah, she's kinda being harsh, but you have to remember that 'Mio' is a very important role to her, because it was a role she played in the past. She doesn't want to see Mio's image damaged by the remake of the drama, which is why she's so harsh on Kyouko in the beginning. I mean, Kyouko only just broke into the industry, how would you feel if you heard someone gave something so important to you to a person who just barely knows what they're doing? And you have to remember that it was Iizuka-san's challenge to Kyouko that really got the girl thinking of how she wanted to create her own Mio, which goes on to help her with all the characters she creates after Mio.



Iizuka-san aside though, I was rather irritable about this episode, since the anime seems to be trying to kill Kyouko's character. I mean, in the manga, Kyouko's always been so humble, yet the anime decided that, instead of including the extras nasty comments about Director Ogata, that they'd just have them say a few bad things about Kyouko that she's already heard time and again with little or no reaction. I think it speaks volumes more about Kyouko's character that she'd defend Director Ogata over herself.

The anime also cut out Ogata fainting during the press conference, and the explination of thi father complex, which everyone who reads the manga already knows is important to the plot. And what happened to dinner with Asami and Ogata?! I'm starting to get irritated that they're cutting out all my favorite scenes. 'sighs' Ah, well, at least the scene with Shou and Shouko was funny.



each person playing a role will define that role differently no mater how important the role was to Iisuka she has no say in how its going to be played by another actress even though both people are working from the same script how she interpreted it 20 years ago was the best she could, but kyouko may see something different which could bring more to the character than she did and the old bat should be professional enough to realize this possibility. for a production to surpass a previous one it needs to be fresh not copy the old one which is exactly what the president told ren. the old bats quiz is a bogus way for her to assert her authority over the cast and force the new drama to emulate or copy the old one which would leave it wanting and impossible to surpass the old drama.

like i said the director should have quashed her rant and booted her off the drama regardless of how they spin it later in a real production where they plan to surpass the old it would be good to get advice from previous actors but not have one storm troop the new cast.



Yes, each person playing a role will define that role differently, but Kyouko had no idea where to even begin with defining Mio until Iizuka-san showed up and challenged her. And you are right that it's none of Iizuka-san's business who does Mio or how the script is remade, but I never said that it was. All I said was that the role was important to her, and most humans, including myself and I'm sure the vast majority of the people watching Skip Beat, will stick there nose where it doesn't belong for something that's important to them. Ren, for example. It was really none of his business that Kyouko did a PV with Shou, but he still got involved with it and let it upset him because Kyouko is important to him.

Also, don't you think Ogata put a lot of thought into the selection of his cast? I mean, he was so adamant about Kyouko and Ren playing Mio and Katsuki respectively, so don't you think he put just as much thought into the selection of an actress for Mio's mother? I'm sure Ogata chose Iizuka for the same reason that he chose Ren and Kyouko, because he felt she could surpass the previous 'Mother' in Tsukigomori. Why on earth would he fire her on the first day over a petty arguement between two actresses, especially when on some level what Iizuka-san was asking for was the same thing he was hoping Kyouko could achieve? It's true that Iizuka-san jumped the gun in assuming that Kyouko wasn't fit for the role, but after Kyouko proves herself by winning Iizuka-san over so throughly with her Mio, to the point where Iizuka will acknowledge her interpretation of the role as superior. I'm not saying that Iizuka-san is perfect, merely that her character is very human and that the fans should give her a chance. I mean, isn't the main problem people currently have with her the fact that she jumped all over Kyouko before the girl had a chance to prove herself? How is it anything but hypocritical when the fans do the exact same thing and then condemn the character for thier actions?


my objection is not that she jumped all over kyouko but the fact she steam rolled the director in doing so and forced kyouko to agree to step down if she didn't meet her opinion of good enough. she has no authority to even suggest it much less expect it.
at that point the director should have slammed her down regardless of her previous affiliation to the role and even if he picked her as carefully as he did the others she's a potential threat to his ability to move ahead with the project meaning she's undermining his authority as director. in military terms a major who allows a private to issue orders only the major has the right to issue which are against his battle plan will find himself incapable of commanding his troops when he really needs to because the private will have already usurped the majors authority among the troops.


It's true that it wasn't Iizuka's place to tell the director what to do, but particularly strong willed people will always butt heads with authority to test how much they'll bend to their will. If the person in charge doesn't show those following them that they are the one in charge and that their subordinates can rely on them for strong leadership, then everything will fall apart. (Actually, Iizuka herself said something like that in the manga, I believe....) The burden of leadership is on Ogata, but he's still too hesitant to step up and take over like he should. When he does eventually assert himself as the director, Iizuka immediately backs off and follows his orders.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.