First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Weed is getting closer to legalization.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/09

kyoukoujin wrote:


superninjaboy wrote:

http://www.good.is/?p=15937
Your thoughts?
Personally I welcome it since about 70% (I think) of Canadians want the plant to be legal, Our prime minister Jean Chrétien tried to legalize marijuana, in small amounts, but the U.S. and the D.E.A. (Drug enforcement agency) did not like the idea and pretty much threw a wrench into his plan. That and there have been over 20 international studies saying the drug is no more harmful than alcohol and would be better off legalized. If the U.S begins to move towards a more liberal stance on pot than it will be easier to finally get cannabis legalized in my country, provided we can get the Conservatives here to change their view on marijuana, since they seem to be aiming for an American style war on drugs, something which likely will not come to fruition because of the other parties views in our Parliament.
I hope this happens got my fingers crossed for those law makers across the border trying to legalize pot and wish them good luck.


How much is a weed anyway when it becomes sold legally to the public?


Ideally, weed should and would be cheaper than most medicine since most people smoke weed in it's raw from. Aside from some treatment that may occur, not much monetary input is necessary. It should be around or cheaper than tobacco WITHOUT the tax, but who knows how much our government are willing to tax marijuana.
1309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The Milky Way
Offline
Posted 3/21/09
The day we that happens I will stay below the influence.
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/26/09
they should just legalize it already. i can smoke whatever the fuck i want. why does weed have to be illegal but cigarettes not?
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9
Offline
Posted 3/28/10
Are you guys kidding me??? Smoking weed is legit as fuccckkk... Don't believe all the propaganda that tells you how horrible it is, all it leads to is dorritos and lots of giggling. Smoking a bowl is a whole lot less harmful than drinking until your blackout, even though drinking is legal.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/28/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

I cannot believe what I am reading! Doesn't anyone out there do any research before leaving these ignorant comments? Marajuana is currently being used as a painkiller, treatment of depression, asthma, heart disease, cancer patients and the list goes on. Former studies have shown that prolonged marajuana use can cause short term memory loss, and that there is approx 500 more carcinogens than in that of cigarettes. However, having said that, these are very old studies...1970's to be exact! Come on into the future people, there are new, current studies that suggest just the opposite. Can you become addicted to marajuana? Studies now show that only 9% of people tested (out of 7000 test subjects) became dependent on marajuana (www.gale.com/greenhaven, pg 20), so there goes that theory out the window. Next is...is marajuana a gateway drug? Studies from the 1970's have shown that 70% of youth (18-21) that tried marajuana, only 20% went on to try other harder drugs (Opposing Viewpoints Series, pg 23). What happened to the other 50%? There goes that theory out the window, and that is from old statistics. Let's look at some new stats...Marinol (a synthetic cannabinoid made from marajuana) is used to treat AIDS patients, nausea, and migraines (Wishna, 2004). In 2003, a 3 year study was performed on 600 patients with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) some of the patients showed no improvement, but the majority (78%) showed a vast improvement, with one man throwing away his Vicodin, after he no longer needed the narcotic (Wishna, 2004). What about the side effects of narcotics (Morphine and Opium), marajuana has no known side effects! Incidently, narcotics are very addictive, and dangerous. You can die from their use and/or misuse! How many people do you know that have died from marajuana use? NONE! That's right...none. Although giving a child medical marajuana for Autism may not be an ethical thing to do, it is the right thing to do medically.


Learn the facts!!!


http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/23/earlyshow/health/main5748637.shtml
http://www.ktla.com/news/extras/ktla-sweeps-sams-story,0,6959760.story
http://www.showmethefacts.org/medical-marijuana-facts/autism/
http://www.autism-pdd.net/testdump/test13417.htm
http://www.csdp.org/

There are a lot of stereotypes on Marijuana do to government sanction corporations making millions on having marijuana illegal. wen looking at the real research there (government run agenda groups) reports and remarks on marijuana false claim fall apart.


3014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Irish
Offline
Posted 4/5/10
I just wrote an impressive article on this subject and my stupid laptop jumped to another page, so screw it! >:(
1355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 4/23/10
I smoke weed all day everyday i dont want it to be legalized itll take away my money profit
Posted 4/23/10
I've herd weed makes you stupid. I've met a lot of stupid people who smoke weed.
Though I could be wrong.
Posted 4/23/10 , edited 4/23/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

I've herd weed makes you stupid. I've met a lot of stupid people who smoke weed.
Though I could be wrong.


drinking alcohol does the same thing to you as well, when you smoke weed you don't get the urge to beat your wife or rape someone
3498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nowheresville, MI
Offline
Posted 4/24/10
I had a thought while looking into this. A lot of the stuff I read stated that stoned drivers tend to slow down, because they're aware of their impairment, unlike drunk ones. Could it be that they slow down, not because they're just trying to be safe, but because they're afraid of being caught driving stoned?.... So Weed gets legalized, what happens to the stoners careful driving now that he doesn't have to worry about being caught driving stoned? Will he still drive like some old lady? or will he pick up the pace?

I'm not bothered by Weed being legalized. It'll make a great new source of tax revinue (you know it'll get taxed....). As well, it'll be a boon for the economy. As long as there are controls in place to account for unreasonable use(simmilar to driving drunk, snorting a line before flying a plane full of people.....), I'm all for it.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 4/24/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:
drinking alcohol does the same thing to you as well, when you smoke weed you don't get the urge to beat your wife or rape someone <_<


Generalisation, and a pretty severe one. That argument will, simply, not hold.
Posted 4/24/10

DerfelCadarn wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:
drinking alcohol does the same thing to you as well, when you smoke weed you don't get the urge to beat your wife or rape someone <_<


Generalisation, and a pretty severe one. That argument will, simply, not hold.


well the same goes that all people that smoke weed are hippies, college drop outs evil doers. Also people love having the munchies and so on, those are generalizations that the other side use so why not fire with fire?? I love to piss people off every now then and fyi i do both lol
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 4/24/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:
drinking alcohol does the same thing to you as well, when you smoke weed you don't get the urge to beat your wife or rape someone <_<


Generalisation, and a pretty severe one. That argument will, simply, not hold.


well the same goes that all people that smoke weed are hippies, college drop outs evil doers. Also people love having the munchies and so on, those are generalizations that the other side use so why not fire with fire?? I love to piss people off every now then and fyi i do both lol


Why are you telling me that? I genuinely don't give a shit what the other side uses and not once have I used those arguments, so there is no point bringing them up. Regardless of which side invokes them, shit arguments are exactly that: shit arguments. I don't really care what you love to do. It has nothing to do with the issue at hand and your loving to piss people off does not mend your previous erroneous claim. To tell the truth, even if you try to assume moral highground or the status of the victim of conservatism, it will do your claim no good.

And before you launch the liberal crusade at me, I am for the legalisation of weed, but against shit arguments.
Posted 4/24/10 , edited 4/24/10

impala1 wrote:

I had a thought while looking into this. A lot of the stuff I read stated that stoned drivers tend to slow down, because they're aware of their impairment, unlike drunk ones. Could it be that they slow down, not because they're just trying to be safe, but because they're afraid of being caught driving stoned?.... So Weed gets legalized, what happens to the stoners careful driving now that he doesn't have to worry about being caught driving stoned? Will he still drive like some old lady? or will he pick up the pace?

I'm not bothered by Weed being legalized. It'll make a great new source of tax revinue (you know it'll get taxed....). As well, it'll be a boon for the economy. As long as there are controls in place to account for unreasonable use(simmilar to driving drunk, snorting a line before flying a plane full of people.....), I'm all for it.
That line of questioning will get you nowhere because your first assumption was wrong, in the sense that both driving drunk or stoned is the same as driving impaired. Because while your brain is under the influence of drug, what you think doesn't reflect upon what you feel. When you may want to slowdown, but by the time you thought about it you could be driving way above the speed limit because you just weren't paying attention to what you're doing at the moment. And that's what smoking weed is all about; disassociates your present self by blocking whatever that your senses were telling to your brain while you're stoned. Hence the impairment.

Therefore as long as the legalization of weed involves regulation of the drug to only medical and not recreational purposes, then I'm all for it. Because personally I don't find escapism through smoking weed mentally nor emotionally healthy, while drinking wine with moderation can actually be good for my physical health.
Posted 4/24/10

DerfelCadarn wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:
drinking alcohol does the same thing to you as well, when you smoke weed you don't get the urge to beat your wife or rape someone <_<


Generalisation, and a pretty severe one. That argument will, simply, not hold.


well the same goes that all people that smoke weed are hippies, college drop outs evil doers. Also people love having the munchies and so on, those are generalizations that the other side use so why not fire with fire?? I love to piss people off every now then and fyi i do both lol


Why are you telling me that? I genuinely don't give a shit what the other side uses and not once have I used those arguments, so there is no point bringing them up. Regardless of which side invokes them, shit arguments are exactly that: shit arguments. I don't really care what you love to do. It has nothing to do with the issue at hand and your loving to piss people off does not mend your previous erroneous claim. To tell the truth, even if you try to assume moral high-ground or the status of the victim of conservatism, it will do your claim no good.

And before you launch the liberal crusade at me, I am for the legalization of weed, but against shit arguments.


wat..? you just need to calm down man I was just trolling the forums is all and on the note i can care less what other people do as well. Government just needs to shut up in deciding what people can put in their bodies were all going to die someday why not have fun why where here :lol:. Those arguments i used in the forums are ones that I used to hear growing up sorry I made you mad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.