First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Why Do You Think Asian People Appreciate Korean Culture (dramas/music, etc.) More Than Any Other Asians?
8531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / iloilo, philippines
Offline
Posted 3/5/09
goodluck!
Posted 3/5/09
well yeah. i think thats true

BUT!! i LOVE my culture JAPANESE ad the culture MOST!!
16213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/5/09
find it interesting.
1122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Middle Village, N...
Offline
Posted 3/5/09
Well, I like the Korean language and dramas as well (though I rarely watch dramas...You should make a thread about why people love Japanese culture so much as well, I'm sure you'll gets LOTS AND LOTS of replies....!!
1212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

Tralala_123 wrote:

Well, I like the Korean language and dramas as well (though I rarely watch dramas...You should make a thread about why people love Japanese culture so much as well, I'm sure you'll gets LOTS AND LOTS of replies....!!



Actually I've always love the japanese culture more, I always love watching Japanese cartoons and game shows/food programs. And Japanese is my most favourite place to visit in the world. But talk about entertainment and trend, Koreans are better. Koreans are better and more sophisticated at making dramas and musics. I never really like Japanese music, the only other Asian music that I accept other than Thai is Korean, even though I love the Japanese culture.
1122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Middle Village, N...
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

yedk wrote:


Tralala_123 wrote:

Well, I like the Korean language and dramas as well (though I rarely watch dramas...You should make a thread about why people love Japanese culture so much as well, I'm sure you'll gets LOTS AND LOTS of replies....!!



Actually I've always love the japanese culture more, I always love watching Japanese cartoons and game shows/food programs. And Japanese is my most favourite place to visit in the world. But talk about entertainment and trend, Koreans are better. Koreans are better and more sophisticated at making dramas and musics. I never really like Japanese music, the only other Asian music that I accept other than Thai is Korean, even though I love the Japanese culture.


Hmmm...I love Japanese culture as well (more so than any other culture), which is why I don't focus too much on other cultures because I'm so preoccupied with Japanese culture. I think Japanese music is O.K. though, and as I mentioned before, I don't watch dramas often so I can't really say much about that...I think Korean fashion is amazing though!!!
1212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

Tralala_123 wrote:


yedk wrote:


Tralala_123 wrote:

Well, I like the Korean language and dramas as well (though I rarely watch dramas...You should make a thread about why people love Japanese culture so much as well, I'm sure you'll gets LOTS AND LOTS of replies....!!



Actually I've always love the japanese culture more, I always love watching Japanese cartoons and game shows/food programs. And Japanese is my most favourite place to visit in the world. But talk about entertainment and trend, Koreans are better. Koreans are better and more sophisticated at making dramas and musics. I never really like Japanese music, the only other Asian music that I accept other than Thai is Korean, even though I love the Japanese culture.


Hmmm...I love Japanese culture as well (more so than any other culture), which is why I don't focus too much on other cultures because I'm so preoccupied with Japanese culture. I think Japanese music is O.K. though, and as I mentioned before, I don't watch dramas often so I can't really say much about that...I think Korean fashion is amazing though!!!



Yeah I agree, but the thing I find really bothering is that most people who love japanese culture, they think everything that is japanese is the best. In my opinion, the only things that japanese are best at are creativity, anime and technology thats all. This is only my opinion tho

1122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Middle Village, N...
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

yedk wrote:


Tralala_123 wrote:


yedk wrote:


Tralala_123 wrote:

Well, I like the Korean language and dramas as well (though I rarely watch dramas...You should make a thread about why people love Japanese culture so much as well, I'm sure you'll gets LOTS AND LOTS of replies....!!



Actually I've always love the japanese culture more, I always love watching Japanese cartoons and game shows/food programs. And Japanese is my most favourite place to visit in the world. But talk about entertainment and trend, Koreans are better. Koreans are better and more sophisticated at making dramas and musics. I never really like Japanese music, the only other Asian music that I accept other than Thai is Korean, even though I love the Japanese culture.


Hmmm...I love Japanese culture as well (more so than any other culture), which is why I don't focus too much on other cultures because I'm so preoccupied with Japanese culture. I think Japanese music is O.K. though, and as I mentioned before, I don't watch dramas often so I can't really say much about that...I think Korean fashion is amazing though!!!



Yeah I agree, but the thing I find really bothering is that most people who love japanese culture, they think everything that is japanese is the best. In my opinion, the only things that japanese are best at are creativity, anime and technology thats all. This is only my opinion tho



Yeah, I guess it does get irritating sometimes because there are so many cultures in the world and people don't try to understand other cultures. Every culture has its ups and downs and we should try and get to know them all!!!
1212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

Tralala_123 wrote:


yedk wrote:


Tralala_123 wrote:


yedk wrote:


Tralala_123 wrote:

Well, I like the Korean language and dramas as well (though I rarely watch dramas...You should make a thread about why people love Japanese culture so much as well, I'm sure you'll gets LOTS AND LOTS of replies....!!



Actually I've always love the japanese culture more, I always love watching Japanese cartoons and game shows/food programs. And Japanese is my most favourite place to visit in the world. But talk about entertainment and trend, Koreans are better. Koreans are better and more sophisticated at making dramas and musics. I never really like Japanese music, the only other Asian music that I accept other than Thai is Korean, even though I love the Japanese culture.


Hmmm...I love Japanese culture as well (more so than any other culture), which is why I don't focus too much on other cultures because I'm so preoccupied with Japanese culture. I think Japanese music is O.K. though, and as I mentioned before, I don't watch dramas often so I can't really say much about that...I think Korean fashion is amazing though!!!



Yeah I agree, but the thing I find really bothering is that most people who love japanese culture, they think everything that is japanese is the best. In my opinion, the only things that japanese are best at are creativity, anime and technology thats all. This is only my opinion tho



Yeah, I guess it does get irritating sometimes because there are so many cultures in the world and people don't try to understand other cultures. Every culture has its ups and downs and we should try and get to know them all!!!



I agree

4512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / SMILY♥LAND
Offline
Posted 3/5/09 , edited 3/5/09
Teenage girls love the cheesy romance in the dramas and Korean dramas seem very fanfic-ish.
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

jinho11104 wrote:


ringo_seijin wrote:


jinho11104 wrote:

Korean goes to far extent to capture the love of people around the world.. they do crazy things like learn japanese and chinese to make albums there.. do you see japanese artists doing that? NOoOoooOOooOOoO!!!

Conclusion? Koreans take pride in entertainment


erm, i think that's more of because they cant sell albums in korea. it is very difficult to sell albums in korea because fans just do not buy them. dongbangshinki boast a 800k member in their FC. but they only sold like half of that number.
whereas for cases in jp, fans buy the albums. I think up till now, JP is still one of the countries with lowest piracy rates. the japanese has this kinda attitude whereby they are willing to pay for their goods (unlike other nationalities who simply loves to dl for free), and they also take pride in maintaining the best quality of their products so that it will be worth every cent for their customers.
i guess this is why japanese goods are soooooo expensive yet tourists still flock over to shop.
anyway i've digressed. firstly, the chinese still need not learn other languages to try to break into other language markets because the chinese market is HUGE. there is chinese literally in every corner of the world. why bother trying to break into other markets when you havent even fully conquer your own?
as for japanese, they can sell their albums well in japan itself. look at the JE boys, one million copies sold just like that. They can easily earn enough money in jp, so there's no need for them to go through all the trouble to learn other languages in search for new markets. at least, not yet... even with the hallyu taking over the japanese craze.
heehee... i apologise for bothering you with my essay.

anyway back to the main topic qn. i dont think korean(culture) music is the most appreciated asian(culture) music.... i still have a lot of friends who dont give a damn about korean music and dont even know what is dbsk, wg, ss501, snsd or whatever. just that korean music is currently the 'trend' now, as in the hallyu. years back it use to be the jpop craze. now it's hallyu. i wonder what's next? Mandarin Pop finally?


thats only one example, there are plenty that hit huge in korea it self.. also, resource pleasE?


one example? which are you referring to? dongbangshinki not being able to sell as much as how many members are there in their FC?
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

qwertyuiopz wrote:

b/c they are rich

but the economic failure is owning both korea and japan


dont really get your point, but the economic recession is hitting literally the whole world.
but in a way, JP is getting it much worse because as all other currencies drop, JPY hiked.
587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Here and there......
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

ringo_seijin wrote:

erm, i think that's more of because they cant sell albums in korea. it is very difficult to sell albums in korea because fans just do not buy them. dongbangshinki boast a 800k member in their FC. but they only sold like half of that number.
whereas for cases in jp, fans buy the albums. I think up till now, JP is still one of the countries with lowest piracy rates. the japanese has this kinda attitude whereby they are willing to pay for their goods (unlike other nationalities who simply loves to dl for free), and they also take pride in maintaining the best quality of their products so that it will be worth every cent for their customers.


Actually, the reason why piracy is so low in Japan is that they have ridiculously strong copyright laws and leak prevention methods. It's almost impossible to pirate. It would make sense, given that they're light years ahead of most other countries in the technology department.

As for best quality, it's more like, a Japanese band would release ONE album with THREE different versions. And while the albums all have the same base songs, each version would have ONE song that the other versions don't have, so you HAVE to buy all three to get everything. Hence why the large number of record sales.

That, and inflation in Japan is ridiculous after the whole economic bubble burst.
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 3/5/09

Lavvy wrote:


ringo_seijin wrote:

erm, i think that's more of because they cant sell albums in korea. it is very difficult to sell albums in korea because fans just do not buy them. dongbangshinki boast a 800k member in their FC. but they only sold like half of that number.
whereas for cases in jp, fans buy the albums. I think up till now, JP is still one of the countries with lowest piracy rates. the japanese has this kinda attitude whereby they are willing to pay for their goods (unlike other nationalities who simply loves to dl for free), and they also take pride in maintaining the best quality of their products so that it will be worth every cent for their customers.


Actually, the reason why piracy is so low in Japan is that they have ridiculously strong copyright laws and leak prevention methods. It's almost impossible to pirate. It would make sense, given that they're light years ahead of most other countries in the technology department.

As for best quality, it's more like, a Japanese band would release ONE album with THREE different versions. And while the albums all have the same base songs, each version would have ONE song that the other versions don't have, so you HAVE to buy all three to get everything. Hence why the large number of record sales.

That, and inflation in Japan is ridiculous after the whole economic bubble burst.


Hmm, but i think the reason why japanese manage to come up with all those leak prevention methods is because they really put their heart into it, unlike other countries, which only get the singers to keep on emphasizing on the importance of supporting orginality and yet the government and other necessary authorities didnt really give the entertainment circle the support they require?
it's only recently that the japanese(esp the je boys and also the korean boybands) indulge in these marketing strategy to squeeze their fans dry by 'tricking' them to buy like 5 or 6 copies of each single just to get all the different version.
because even though JP is still topping the list of having the lowest piracy, their ease of selling albums has definitely dropped as well. Older groups like Smap, Kinki kids, Speed, Namie Amuro and etc. during those times the 'brilliant' idea of making 4 or 5 versions of a single album still wasnt in use and yet they can still easily sell up to millions of a single album. in just 4 years, Speed actually chalked up >20millions CD sales. For the market now, it's impossible without those unscrupulous marketing tactics.
but who to blame? singers still need to make a living. not just singers, but song writers, music directors and etc.
and yes, the JPY hike is really ridiculous. I wonder what has the jp government done wrong to get that. People now are all shunning japan-made products. even tour packages to jp in my country has kinda nearly totally disappeared.
4578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / Christmas Island
Offline
Posted 3/6/09

ringo_seijin wrote:


qwertyuiopz wrote:

b/c they are rich

but the economic failure is owning both korea and japan


dont really get your point, but the economic recession is hitting literally the whole world.
but in a way, JP is getting it much worse because as all other currencies drop, JPY hiked.


east asia is getting hit the hardest
especially those 2
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.