Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Legal Anime Streaming and Download Sites
25377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/22/09 , edited 3/22/09

wingdavid01 wrote:


Super-Scratch wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:

keep it illegal, forever!


And continue to steal from the struggling anime industry? How about no?



struggling anime industry, you say? Not enough to get rid of it.


There are plenty of series that don't get second seasons or are prematurely canceled due to revenue problems stemming from the struggling anime industry being damaged by media piracy.

Just be sure to yell "keep it illegal, forever" anytime you think you're about to complain about one of your favorite shows being canceled, not getting a second season, or an interesting manga that was scheduled for an animation project being dropped instead.

Enjoy the fruits of your perverse logic.
9526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Northwest
Offline
Posted 3/22/09
That's alot of info thanks
11197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Big bad ass Los A...
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

The_X_box_360 wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:


Super-Scratch wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:

keep it illegal, forever!


And continue to steal from the struggling anime industry? How about no?



struggling anime industry, you say? Not enough to get rid of it.


There are plenty of series that don't get second seasons or are prematurely canceled due to revenue problems stemming from the struggling anime industry being damaged by media piracy.

Just be sure to yell "keep it illegal, forever" anytime you think you're about to complain about one of your favorite shows being canceled, not getting a second season, or an interesting manga that was scheduled for an animation project being dropped instead.

Enjoy the fruits of your perverse logic.



ummm.... very good point, indeed. Is there anything any of us can actually do? I really doubt it. Maybe pay for the anime, that isn't
really gonna help a lot.
dbj
105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 3/23/09 , edited 3/23/09
yes piracy affect the sells of anime but not to apoint like music which relys on albums cds to gain most of their profits.
Anime is initially free to native citizens (japanese) as its broadcast on tv well you might have to buy a digital box or whatever im not too sure and relys on ratings. for overseas anime industry tries to sells dvd when its officially subbed or dubbed or broadcast it on tv. this is where piracy affects these foreign parties.
Piracy can't always be looked at to a bad point. for example if i don't watch these fansubs i wont be buying dvds for my favourite anime cos i won't have any. its like "testing" (heck i don't think its classified as part of piracy until its licensed.) In fact fansubs has helped animes to be popular amongst oversea fans.

But guys if you like a anime a lot support by buying the dvd lol!
25377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/09 , edited 3/23/09

wingdavid01 wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:


Super-Scratch wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:

keep it illegal, forever!


And continue to steal from the struggling anime industry? How about no?



struggling anime industry, you say? Not enough to get rid of it.


There are plenty of series that don't get second seasons or are prematurely canceled due to revenue problems stemming from the struggling anime industry being damaged by media piracy.

Just be sure to yell "keep it illegal, forever" anytime you think you're about to complain about one of your favorite shows being canceled, not getting a second season, or an interesting manga that was scheduled for an animation project being dropped instead.

Enjoy the fruits of your perverse logic.



ummm.... very good point, indeed. Is there anything any of us can actually do? I really doubt it. Maybe pay for the anime, that isn't
really gonna help a lot.

because receiving payment for your product instead of not being compensated doesn't help? There goes that logic, again.

Listen, even what you think is "free" anime airing in Japan actually still puts money into the pockets of the creators and publishers. In fact, those network broadcasts in Japan are where the industry receives a large portion of it's revenue......

The higher the ratings, the higher the advertisers pay to have their commercials shown during the time slots.


All of these anime pirating sites know this. They themselves put adds on their websites 99.9% of the time in an attempt to earn money off of the media they have stolen and are illegally distributing.
The online anime pirating sub-culture isn't a "community" like so many mislead fans believe....
IT'S A BUSINESS, AND IT'S KILLING THE INDUSTRY, AND IT DOESN'T CARE BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE THE BUBBLE POPS!!!

More fansubbers than you, obviously, have ever imagined actually turn a profit off of their so-called "service to the fans", along with the countless sites that will still host the fansubs even after C&D letters have been issued. (but not all)



Once, again, be sure not to forget your bizarro logic the next time you find yourself annoyed at having a favorite series cancelled, looking at a seasonal line-up filled with shallow Pop-Anime with no substance, hearing that the awesome manga that was supposed to get animated is no longer a go, etc etc.....
11197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Big bad ass Los A...
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

The_X_box_360 wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:


Super-Scratch wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:

keep it illegal, forever!


And continue to steal from the struggling anime industry? How about no?



struggling anime industry, you say? Not enough to get rid of it.


There are plenty of series that don't get second seasons or are prematurely canceled due to revenue problems stemming from the struggling anime industry being damaged by media piracy.

Just be sure to yell "keep it illegal, forever" anytime you think you're about to complain about one of your favorite shows being canceled, not getting a second season, or an interesting manga that was scheduled for an animation project being dropped instead.

Enjoy the fruits of your perverse logic.



ummm.... very good point, indeed. Is there anything any of us can actually do? I really doubt it. Maybe pay for the anime, that isn't
really gonna help a lot.

because receiving payment for your product instead of not being compensated doesn't help? There goes that logic, again.

Listen, even what you think is "free" anime airing in Japan actually still puts money into the pockets of the creators and publishers. In fact, those network broadcasts in Japan are where the industry receives a large portion of it's revenue......

The higher the ratings, the higher the advertisers pay to have their commercials shown during the time slots.


All of these anime pirating sites know this. They themselves put adds on their websites 99.9% of the time in an attempt to earn money off of the media they have stolen and are illegally distributing.
The online anime pirating sub-culture isn't a "community" like so many mislead fans believe....
IT'S A BUSINESS, AND IT'S KILLING THE INDUSTRY, AND IT DOESN'T CARE BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE THE BUBBLE POPS!!!

More fansubbers than you, obviously, have ever imagined actually turn a profit off of their so-called "service to the fans", along with the countless sites that will still host the fansubs even after C&D letters have been issued. (but not all)



Once, again, be sure not to forget your bizarro logic the next time you find yourself annoyed at having a favorite series cancelled, looking at a seasonal line-up filled with shallow Pop-Anime with no substance, hearing that the awesome manga that was supposed to get animated is no longer a go, etc etc.....



I still say keep it illegal, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dbj
105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 3/23/09 , edited 3/23/09

The_X_box_360 write:

because receiving payment for your product instead of not being compensated doesn't help? There goes that logic, again.

Listen, even what you think is "free" anime airing in Japan actually still puts money into the pockets of the creators and publishers. In fact, those network broadcasts in Japan are where the industry receives a large portion of it's revenue......

The higher the ratings, the higher the advertisers pay to have their commercials shown during the time slots.


All of these anime pirating sites know this. They themselves put adds on their websites 99.9% of the time in an attempt to earn money off of the media they have stolen and are illegally distributing.
The online anime pirating sub-culture isn't a "community" like so many mislead fans believe....
IT'S A BUSINESS, AND IT'S KILLING THE INDUSTRY, AND IT DOESN'T CARE BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE THE BUBBLE POPS!!!

More fansubbers than you, obviously, have ever imagined actually turn a profit off of their so-called "service to the fans", along with the countless sites that will still host the fansubs even after C&D letters have been issued. (but not all)



Once, again, be sure not to forget your bizarro logic the next time you find yourself annoyed at having a favorite series cancelled, looking at a seasonal line-up filled with shallow Pop-Anime with no substance, hearing that the awesome manga that was supposed to get animated is no longer a go, etc etc.....


lol yeah its free on tv broadcast therefore piracy doesnt have a affect on japanese citizens duh!!!!!! i mean why you you download/stream while you can just watch from tv duh! if person is being cheap resorting to piracy then why not take the free legal way by watching it broadcast so japan won't have much of a piracy problem only pirating dvds does.
and your commercial point is just more detailed of explanation to what i just said about ratings@ my previous post lmao!

anime piracy mainly affects on oversea parties.
you got to understand c&d letters are sent cos of a company wants to license a potential or popular anime for business. how they determine the popularity? there are many ways~ and online is one of them. yes some sites do provide licensed animes which i don't support. but those that aren't should remain free and available until its licensed. fansubs are making more anime licensed than ever meaning more money goes to the original animation party.
yes, fansubs are breaching the copyright law but its a debatable issue for business terms so no heavy pressures have been put on them.

so thererfore if you ask me if fansubs or piracy is bad. yes but not enough to what you claim to make the japanese animation industry struggle and comes with natural postive points to foreign parties. unlike music and movie piracy that do massive damage to their industry.

EDIT: btw if you want i have put up a link for those who want to look into the issue of fansubs here it is :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fansub#Legal_and_ethical_issues
some of my points are came from this site.

anyways guys if you want to watch anime for free i recommend animesuki.com (lol yes i know most people might know this site already as its OLD).
62551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

xjane_leex wrote:

watchfreeanime.net
justdubs.net
4bleach.net
youtube.com
animestream.com
of cours crunchyroll.com
i know lots more but i have no time to write it all down <-------- not a site just a comment / some ppl are stupid these days


...

you obviously didn't grasp the point of this thread.

-moose
62551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 3/24/09 , edited 3/24/09

zendude wrote:

3/22/09
- Added Microsoft Download Sites: Zune.net and Xbox Live Marketplace


Is there a reason why you didn't add Netflix? They do stream anime, one just has to have a membership to access the page. I can tell you what they have if you want.

-moose
62551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 3/24/09 , edited 3/24/09
I've taken the liberty to paste the Netflix line-up here for ya:


Sorry they're not alphabetised, I just copied them from their website.

I was surprised when I saw the Black Jack Movie available. Apparently it's only available to stream instantly until April 1st:



-moose
55754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 3/24/09

mozychan wrote:


zendude wrote:

3/22/09
- Added Microsoft Download Sites: Zune.net and Xbox Live Marketplace


Is there a reason why you didn't add Netflix? They do stream anime, one just has to have a membership to access the page. I can tell you what they have if you want.

-moose


No reason, except that haven't gotten around to checking it out.
I'll add it later.
2364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Here
Offline
Posted 3/24/09
Note on totalvid downloads: The movies will not play on your computer if you use an operating system other than Windows XP/Vista, so no Macs or Linux. Came up with this message:
62551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 3/24/09 , edited 3/24/09

zendude wrote:

No reason, except that haven't gotten around to checking it out.
I'll add it later.


As far as I can tell you'll need an account to access their streaming page. If you have one, then you're all set.

-moose
62551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 3/24/09 , edited 3/24/09

philosophia wrote:

Note on totalvid downloads: The movies will not play on your computer if you use an operating system other than Windows XP/Vista, so no Macs or Linux. Came up with this message:


It's sad I know. I prefer to use Linux myself. Netflix and the Japanese websites that I've mentioned are the same way. They require Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player or some other plug-in player. Thankfully Netflix is hoping to use the Linux version of Microsoft's Silverlight, Moonlight, in the future to overcome the barrier.

-moose
62551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 3/27/09 , edited 3/27/09

zendude wrote:

Closing Notes:
- If you have any knowledge of any more sites like these, legal and such (one that has ties with the Anime companies), please share them.
- Suggestions, comments, corrections, random crap, anything else?
.


And yet another... Otaku USA Magazine. Requires a monthly code and user name from the magazine. The month of April features the first episode of ARIA The NATURAL from Nozomi Entertainment/Right Stuf

-moose
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.