First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Legal Anime Streaming and Download Sites
63579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/09

zendude wrote:


mozychan wrote:

Anime Network Expands into Online HD Videos

I really hate them now. ADV was already a Crunchyroll partner. This is really selfish of them. They should have uploaded all of those shows here instead. There is absolutely no way I am going to pay for a Anime Membership at both places. I'll be siding w/ CR on this one.

-moose


For some reason, TheAnimeNetwork player never worked correctly when I use it.
The buffering takes so long.


I went ahead and got a membership there too. I figured why not, its just 7 dollars a month and gives me another outlet to watch anime at (although the vid quality is nothing like here) except on the "HD" ones.
57526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 7/8/09

batou01 wrote:



I went ahead and got a membership there too. I figured why not, its just 7 dollars a month and gives me another outlet to watch anime at (although the vid quality is nothing like here) except on the "HD" ones.


Do you have any buffering problem with the player after signing up for the membership?
63579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/09 , edited 7/8/09
just on rare occasions ill be watching a vid and intermittently it will pause and what looks like a second dial counting up to a 100 will show in the middle of the screen for a second or two, but this is again only on rare occasions. otherwise besides the quality which doesnt compare to CR's (i run everything on a 55" screen so a little difference in quality makes a big difference for me) ive been happy with it. They offer a lot and I think they are adding another batch of shows this week. (looks like 19 new things, while some are ova's or movies i think 5-8 are new series)
57526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 7/8/09

batou01 wrote:

just on rare occasions ill be watching a vid and intermittently it will pause and what looks like a second dial counting up to a 100 will show in the middle of the screen for a second or two, but this is again only on rare occasions. otherwise besides the quality which doesnt compare to CR's (i run everything on a 55" screen so a little difference in quality makes a big difference for me) ive been happy with it. They offer a lot and I think they are adding another batch of shows this week. (looks like 19 new things, while some are ova's or movies i think 5-8 are new series)


Thanks for the info.

Also, if you are interested, FUNimation is going to make a social like network with Anime, like crunchyroll. It is called http://www.shodojo.com/. It's still in beta, so nothing is up yet. Well, that's something to look forward to.
2118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Philippines
Offline
Posted 7/8/09
wow thanks a lot!!!
89410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/09
Thanks for all this
53948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/9/09
These are all good but, only 5% of the long list of links are of any use for me.
63462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Limitless Fortres...
Offline
Posted 7/10/09 , edited 7/10/09
I have a few questions about the Anime Network site. Is this site just ADV stuff or is there other things as well? Are any of these direct from Japan or not otherwise available on DVD? Does a paid membership allow access to 720 HD?

And has anyone here used Anime Network? The thing I love about CR is the streams are very high quality. Hulu is terrible IMO. I would be willing to pay for both Anime Network, CR and others if I can be guaranteed good quality HD streams. I already have a Netflix account, their streams are almost as good as CR's, but no 720 options.

By the way, GOOD JOB with this thread! This is EXTREMELY useful to me. You guys made my day.
128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Unde nu te-astepti
Offline
Posted 7/11/09
thanks, this was probably a lot of (fun) work
27960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / London
Offline
Posted 7/11/09
PAHA and there was me in my little head thinking crunchyroll was the only legal one
57526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 7/11/09

missnthrope wrote:

I have a few questions about the Anime Network site. Is this site just ADV stuff or is there other things as well? Are any of these direct from Japan or not otherwise available on DVD? Does a paid membership allow access to 720 HD?

And has anyone here used Anime Network? The thing I love about CR is the streams are very high quality. Hulu is terrible IMO. I would be willing to pay for both Anime Network, CR and others if I can be guaranteed good quality HD streams. I already have a Netflix account, their streams are almost as good as CR's, but no 720 options.

By the way, GOOD JOB with this thread! This is EXTREMELY useful to me. You guys made my day.


I think that the Anime Network has in ties with other companies. They actually have some Animes directly from Japan like CLANNAD and Princess Resurrection. Although, they yet to have any simulcasts for current Animes.

For certain the membership will include the 720p HD quality, though, there is just a few titles out with that quality; Appleseed is one of those titles. Most of the titles are subpar to the crunchyroll and FUNimation quality. Also, there is the thing with buffering that goes off and on once in a while. They really need to update their player and servers.


An excerpt from an article on TheAnimeNetwork:

HD content is just one of the benefits of Premium Membership with Anime Network Online, which costs just $6.95 per month. Three month packages are available for just $18.95, and an annual subscription costs just $69.95.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2009-06-22/anime-network-online/over-300-hours-of-anime-available-via-the-internet


I say try it for a month and see if you like it.
65301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In the middle of...
Offline
Posted 7/12/09
woahh... nice list you got there.... awesome compilation..

thanks for the info!
193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / On Computer :)
Offline
Posted 7/12/09
thanks for all the info everyone!
4350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Lakewood Ca
Offline
Posted 7/12/09
Thx Zendude you rock.
65559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 7/16/09 , edited 7/16/09
I just noticed that tv.com is embedding crunchyroll vids....

and Bosttv.com hasn't been loading for some time now, maybe they've died. I'm also not seeing anime on Direct2Drive anymore either.

vuze... is that place even legit? maybe at one time, but right now they aren't looking too good.

-moose
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.