First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
The Perverse Incentive and Corrupted Mentality Of Today's Fansub Community
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
'Yeah one should not make a thread that will stir up the nest no matter how true it is<_< ! What was he thinking!'


O hold on I am one to talk... My one goal in life is to force people to think! And sometimes that makes me the bad guy with the long thread about things most people rather just not think about like Faith!
19013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

DomFortress wrote:

]Why are you so afraid of the truth, is it because the truth is unpleasant to you? Is that why you don't want to commit yourself to change, and only pretending like some internet tough guys but in reality, that's not even who you are? You're only acting tough on the internet because you're only discussing with me on a virtual construct, but when you lack the courage to face truth based on facts of reality, you won't have the guts to talk to me in real life. And you can't deny any of that, as long as you're only voicing your opinions on the internet.


To anyone who enters this thread, don't post!


Let Dom's and his faggotry just die. Dom's is a butthurt faggot who dedicated his life to fighting the evil ways of anime and fansubs. Obviously he spends his whole day sitting in front of the computer typing this long posts which actually no one reads and no one cares about. He's a hypocrite who will call you someone who don't commit to anything because of the internet wherein he himself only whines in the internet about how people are being oppressed by the anime industry. Again don't post, just laugh at his faggot ways

Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'Yeah one should not make a thread that will stir up the nest no matter how true it is<_< ! What was he thinking!'


O hold on I am one to talk... My one goal in life is to force people to think! And sometimes that makes me the bad guy with the long thread about things most people rather just not think about like Faith!
Faith is a lot like courage and tolerance, because they're all strengths and virtues that's needed for individuals and the community that they're from to flourish and thrive. And that's proven by the science of positive psychology(http://www.ppc.sas.upenn.edu/). I don't just want to force people to think, I encourage them! But no matter how much encouragements I can give them, as long as they don't want to help themselves first, nothing will change them.

macphapie wrote:
To anyone who enters this thread, don't post!

Let Dom's and his faggotry just die. Dom's is a butthurt faggot who dedicated his life to fighting the evil ways of anime and fansubs. Obviously he spends his whole day sitting in front of the computer typing this long posts which actually no one reads and no one cares about. He's a hypocrite who will call you someone who don't commit to anything because of the internet wherein he himself only whines in the internet about how people are being oppressed by the anime industry. Again don't post, just laugh at his faggot ways

If your CR avatar was real, then she would've made the right choice to either agree with me silently, or disagree with me in silent. You OTOH failed to accomplish both.
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
The truth is a figurative term. Every person has their own universe, in each universe they seek out a "truth". The truth is mere mirage that is impossible to reach and an invention of our own minds. So really to face one's truth is to deny reality. Realty is also figurative, an illusion created by own minds through the interaction of others and injecting one's self into their universe. Truth and reality are merely a product of one's perception. To you that is a "truth", to others it is not. As for that comment your wrote about everyone, the same can be said for you as you are also interacting with us through the Internet which, in essence nullifies your point.
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:

The truth is a figurative term. Every person has their own universe, in each universe they seek out a "truth". The truth is mere mirage that is impossible to reach and an invention of our own minds. So really to face one's truth is to deny reality. Realty is also figurative, an illusion created by own minds through the interaction of others and injecting one's self into their universe. Truth and reality are merely a product of one's perception. To you that is a "truth", to others it is not. As for that comment your wrote about everyone, the same can be said for you as you are also interacting with us through the Internet which, in essence nullifies your point.
I can tell my proposal regarding the fansub community to people in real life, just as well as on the internet. And when you can't even draw any physical reference to support your claim, you're irrelevant. So while you failed to oppose my thinking, you also failed to dispute the truth about the collective mentality and incentive of the fansub community, which my proposal was based on. Because the truth is indisputable.

mystic17 wrote:

dude you really need to get off the computer & get a job & i just reported you btw

And you needed to make a post just to tell me that? Why the attention-seeking?
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

DomFortress wrote:


darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:

The truth is a figurative term. Every person has their own universe, in each universe they seek out a "truth". The truth is mere mirage that is impossible to reach and an invention of our own minds. So really to face one's truth is to deny reality. Realty is also figurative, an illusion created by own minds through the interaction of others and injecting one's self into their universe. Truth and reality are merely a product of one's perception. To you that is a "truth", to others it is not. As for that comment your wrote about everyone, the same can be said for you as you are also interacting with us through the Internet which, in essence nullifies your point.
I can tell my proposal regarding the fansub community to people in real life, just as well as on the internet. And when you can't even draw any physical reference to support your claim, you're irrelevant. So while you failed to oppose my thinking, you also failed to dispute the truth about the collective mentality and incentive of the fansub community, which my proposal was based on. Because the truth cannot be distributed.


If it wasn't 3am, I'd get out my psych textbook and quote the theorist I'm referring to. I'll return to this tomorrow. But as the theory indicates truth is figurative, one could not see your "truth" as such. I voice my views using multiple medium as well. Don't presume things of prime you don't know.
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:
If it wasn't 3am, I'd get out my psych textbook and quote the theorist I'm referring to. I'll return to this tomorrow. But as the theory indicates truth is figurative, one could not see your "truth" as such. I voice my views using multiple medium as well. Don't presume things of prime you don't know.
Why can't I? I don't know you. To me, you're just an anonymous individual on a virtual construct. Your text book does not contain the fact about the social breakdowns caused by the darker side of the Japanese society. Therefore it has no accountability on social science, economics, nor philosophy. And finally since you're only a psychology major, you have no accountability on anime subculture because you're just an outsider.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
I think the whole problem with the OP is that it's not very coherent to the average reader. Not to mention the major claims are never lead up to by other evidence.
Posted 3/8/09

macphapie wrote:


To anyone who enters this thread, don't post!


Let Dom's and his faggotry just die. Dom's is a butthurt faggot who dedicated his life to fighting the evil ways of anime and fansubs. Obviously he spends his whole day sitting in front of the computer typing this long posts which actually no one reads and no one cares about. He's a hypocrite who will call you someone who don't commit to anything because of the internet wherein he himself only whines in the internet about how people are being oppressed by the anime industry. Again don't post, just laugh at his faggot ways




LOL
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/8/09
I read half of that, sorry my attention span is pretty short (especially after watching that video). It does make me think "oh... Maybe I SHOULD go buy an anime box set." But usually I do that with the real good stuff that I haven't seen yet or can rewatch. I'm not a role model in this area at all, I shamelessly watch/read online and buy very little in comparison to what I download. I guess some is better than none but alas, those were Geneon titles... (I liked Geneon)

This makes me think actually. The internet downloading thing is certainly a problem with entertainment. Luckily with musicians (or big names at least) it can be less of a problem since they can tour if in need of cash. So I wonder: What's the equivalent of a musician touring and doing gigs for money, to an anime artist? I know it's a good idea to just stop the problem of downloading but I feel that's unrealistic. So it may be necessary for the anime artists and companies to do other things to get money. Signatures, personal art? Doubt that would add up to much though...

Sorry, just thinking out loud I guess.

Edit: As for the fansub issue, I have mixed views. I thank them for bringing me the slightly inaccurate story to an anime/manga I want to watch/read immediately on release. Time is definitely an issue, too bad I don't purchase after (usually). But in saying that, I wouldn't give them money maybe not even a handshake, what they are doing is helpful to us anime viewers but certainly not to the 'industry'. I know I won't stop watching anime online or reading online manga, but perhaps I will try to support the creators just a little more in the future... I do not, however, agree when people criticize others that borrowing manga or anime DVD's from a friend who has purchased, is bad. Just throwing that out there.

Kind of surprised by the reactions in here. Filled with pointless replies and the occasional person wanting to defend themself. I'll point out now: I know I should support the industry and buy more. I'm not going to defend myself with the excuses of money and accessibility (even though I want to). Fansubbers illegally give me anime/manga, that makes me happy. But when I think about it I should be sad really. Even though this has made me think, and possibly sway me slightly, I'm completely aware that I won't be changing my ways any time soon.

(On a side note, I miss adult swim. They don't play it anymore here. It made me feel a little better about downloading Eureka 7 because I watched it on there every night after...)
2279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Omnipresent
Offline
Posted 3/8/09

DomFortress wrote:


macphapie wrote:

Why are you so butthurt Doms? O.o?

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

wow dom you like trolling here as much as 4chan don't cha

allaynagurl143 wrote:

OMFG get a life ahole

JacopeX wrote:

Who thinks of that? Really? Who even cares?

h4x0rz wrote:

wow, you really got something against fansubs. this is even stupider than the unwinnable 'War on Drugs'

darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:

Yes, yes, now go sit in the corner smirking to yourself, thinking about the self-gratifying action you just wrote.

Stop trolling.
Why are you so afraid of the truth, is it because the truth is unpleasant to you? Is that why you don't want to commit yourself to change, and only pretending like some internet tough guys but in reality, that's not even who you are? You're only acting tough on the internet because you're only discussing with me on a virtual construct, but when you lack the courage to face truth based on facts of reality, you won't have the guts to talk to me in real life. And you can't deny any of that, as long as you're only voicing your opinions on the internet.

ShroomInferno wrote:

If the anime companies knew how to sell their stuff in a profitable way and knew how to spread it in the whole world then fansubbers wouldn't even exist because there'd be no need for fansubbers.

It's not the fansubbers' fault that the anime companies suck at marketing. If the anime industry will die out then it's certainly not going to be the fansubbers' fault.

And now, please, your rants about how evil the fansubbers are and how they are destroying the anime industry is not just utter shit and bile but also completely dim-witted. Instead of focusing on how to help the anime industry in making their products more appealing for its audiences to buy them, you encourage the anime industry to spend money on a futile fight which is - stupid.

If you can't win against your opponent, try to cooperate with him and make the best of it.



This thread has been reported for its redundancy, cynicism and juvenile nature.
So when the anime industry cannot win against the corruptions and perverse incentive of the fansub commuinty, they should just die? OK then. Because all fansub community want is free anime without licensing, and that will not support the anime industry. While at the same time, nobody will even sponsor a dying anime industry due to no return market values.


Where is the truth here?

You are the soccer mom of anime industries rights.(?) And you sound like a failure with nothing better to do but study and dedicate yourself to the evils of Fansub community.

You are being to biased in your assertions and to tell you the truth, I am not very impressed by your statements on how fansubs are destroying anime industries if the way they work has nothing to do with how they spread out world wide. You are basically blaming the social break down and recession and at the same time stating the obvious that the Japanese industries cannot, CANNOT! CANNOT! market their material all over the world without the help of other nations. Explain this my ignorant friend.

I found that statement towards multiple members, including me, as a threat. So I will not bother and just report your ass. After meeting the likes of you, I am now pro abortion in the cases of incest. And how are we internet tough guys? I did not even act Tough. Look up the definition.

And in the world of overtaking capitalism, explain how consumers would care about a company? Hell, I waer alot of shit from sweathouses. Wanna do something about that? DO IT FAGGOT!
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/8/09

DomFortress wrote:


darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:
If it wasn't 3am, I'd get out my psych textbook and quote the theorist I'm referring to. I'll return to this tomorrow. But as the theory indicates truth is figurative, one could not see your "truth" as such. I voice my views using multiple medium as well. Don't presume things of prime you don't know.
Why can't I? I don't know you. To me, you're just an anonymous individual on a virtual construct. Your text book does not contain the fact about the social breakdowns caused by the darker side of the Japanese society. Therefore it has no accountability on social science, economics, nor philosophy. And finally since you're only a psychology major, you have no accountability on anime subculture because you're just an outsider.

You continue to make assumptions. You assume I only watch fansubs and that I'm a psych major. Too bad because they are both wrong. I'm after that I'm not an outsider. I'm merely comment on your closemindedness. To assume that your "truth" will be recognized as such by other is ridiculous. You're threatened by conflict. (referring to the mass reply done by you earlier) You assume others are ignorant.

Posted 3/8/09

leviathan343 wrote:

I think the whole problem with the OP is that it's not very coherent to the average reader. Not to mention the major claims are never lead up to by other evidence.
You just don't see things the way I do with inductive logic, for you don't see the obvious fact to conduct your own deductive logic on the current situation of fansubs. Just like Dr. Watson here in this joke: http://www.pinetree.net/humor/sherlockholmescamping.html
So learn to laugh a bit, for you just kept missing the obvious.

cerisey wrote:

I read half of that, sorry my attention span is pretty short (especially after watching that video). It does make me think "oh... Maybe I SHOULD go buy an anime box set." But usually I do that with the real good stuff that I haven't seen yet or can rewatch. I'm not a role model in this area at all, I shamelessly watch/read online and buy very little in comparison to what I download. I guess some is better than none but alas, those were Geneon titles... (I liked Geneon)

This makes me think actually. The internet downloading thing is certainly a problem with entertainment. Luckily with musicians (or big names at least) it can be less of a problem since they can tour if in need of cash. So I wonder: What's the equivalent of a musician touring and doing gigs for money, to an anime artist? I know it's a good idea to just stop the problem of downloading but I feel that's unrealistic. So it may be necessary for the anime artists and companies to do other things to get money. Signatures, personal art? Doubt that would add up to much though...

Sorry, just thinking out loud I guess.

Edit: As for the fansub issue, I have mixed views. I thank them for bringing me the slightly inaccurate story to an anime/manga I want to watch/read immediately on release. Time is definitely an issue, too bad I don't purchase after (usually). But in saying that, I wouldn't give them money maybe not even a handshake, what they are doing is helpful to us anime viewers but certainly not to the 'industry'. I know I won't stop watching anime online or reading online manga, but perhaps I will try to support the creators just a little more in the future... I do not, however, agree when people criticize others that borrowing manga or anime DVD's from a friend who has purchased, is bad. Just throwing that out there.

Kind of surprised by the reactions in here. Filled with pointless replies and the occasional person wanting to defend themself. I'll point out now: I know I should support the industry and buy more. I'm not going to defend myself with the excuses of money and accessibility (even though I want to). Fansubbers illegally give me anime/manga, that makes me happy. But when I think about it I should be sad really. Even though this has made me think, and possibly sway me slightly, I'm completely aware that I won't be changing my ways any time soon.

(On a side note, I miss adult swim. They don't play it anymore here. It made me feel a little better about downloading Eureka 7 because I watched it on there every night after...)
You have a good observation on the nature of entertainment industry, and how they relate to intellectual properties. And by mentioning musicians going on tours, you've the keen sense of inductive logic. Now follow this inductive logic and think further.

An industry establishment gathers and exports raw materials and/or services, to trade for other life supporting products that it's not meant to produce on its own from other establishments. That's the basic inductive logic of economy; a medium that allows the trafficking of life supporting products between establishment. Now that's said, the establishment of the fansub community gathers anime and exports fansubs as stolen raw materials and "free" services, but doesn't trade back the exact equivalent of what they took. They gave nothing back, yet took everything from the anime industry. And now they're blaming the dying anime industry as some sort of problem with the industry itself and the economy. Obviously, the fansub community aren't thinking straight.

There can only be one condition to cause humans to think, act, and behave as they do, and that's their incentive. So just what's the incentive of the fansub community truly is, when those who disagree with my proposal, had failed to present any concrete evidences other than bias opinions and skepticism? Until they can prove that my proposal was indeed wrong with real actions, then the perverse incentive of misplaced fears is the only cause I can think of using inductive logic, that's making the fansub community to collectively think as the way that they are.

darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:
You continue to make assumptions. You assume I only watch fansubs and that I'm a psych major. Too bad because they are both wrong. I'm after that I'm not an outsider. I'm merely comment on your closemindedness. To assume that your "truth" will be recognized as such by other is ridiculous. You're threatened by conflict. (referring to the mass reply done by you earlier) You assume others are ignorant.

Still, my assumptions about you is due the fact that you're just an anonymous individual on a virtual construct that's the internet. Just like fansubs are just illegal duplications of stolen intellectual properties. As long as you remain anonymous to me, your bias opinions and skepticism cannot prove anything, when my thoughts exist outside the virtual construct that's the internet.

And seriously, just what's your bias opinions and skepticism has anything to do with my proposal on the fansub community's perverse incentive of misplaced fears?
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
bias opinions and skepticism? I haven't even shown my opinion. Other people see things differently. In their specific universes your "truth" is nohing but a gold coated lie and opinion.
Posted 3/8/09

darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:

bias opinions and skepticism? I haven't even shown my opinion. Other people see things differently. In their specific universes your "truth" is nohing but a gold coated lie and opinion.


I don't think this is really meant to be a matter of people seeing things differently. I understand people have different opinions on the matter of what fansubbers do, but the fact is that by providing the materials for free download people are essentially stealing them (including me so I'm not claiming to be all knowing and better than others here), and the companies lose out in the long run.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.