First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply JDrama Honey And Clover
Posted 12/26/07
i prefer the actress of movie!hagu than drama!hagu.. she's the only cast i am okay with in the movie because her look suits anime!hagu to me. when i saw narumi riko, i didn't think she was suitable but maybe it's because i already got used to seeing her play the very angsty and moody little sister in 'one litre of tears'. though this is all still too early to form opinions before the drama is out
Member
114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/27/07
^ i agree. i think the only good thing about the movie is morita's soy sauce dragon, and aoi yuu as hagu. i think she's pretty hard to replace.

personally, i like the actors/actresses in the cast (riko, toma, nari, mukai and kassy), but i'm still a bit worried about them playing the roles that they've got. i guess this is what is hard about being a fan of hachikuro and the actors/actresses separately. i think narumi riko is an impressive actress, but as you've said her "angsty and moody role" in 1LoT is still on my mind. and i've always thought that she looks mature for her age so that crosses out drama!hagu looking like a 10-year old. then again, she's a hachikuro fan and i've read at d-addicts that the mangaka chose her to play the part, so she might do good as hagu.

with that said, in agreeement to quite a number of people, i think ikuta toma is more of a morita than a takemoto. many went when they learned about him being in hachikuro drama, and then went when they learned he was casted as takemoto. he excels at playing funny/crazy characters, sings (another morita trait), and with his previous role in hana kimi, it wouldn't be that hard imagining him play another crazy role (though i can cite about a hundred or so differences between nakatsu and morita). but i guess he's yet again attempting to transform into a different character so he took the part of takemoto. aside from that, the main complaint that i've read about his casting is that he doesn't look like takemoto; he's too kakoii-looking, has sharp features and not plain enough. then again, he looks like he'll do well basing from the trailer and actually looks a bit like takemoto. same thing with nari being morita. nari's casting brought out worries from hachikuro fans because (1) morita is probably the most adored character (at least from what i can see, although i'm more of a takemoto, yamada and nomiya fan) and is the comic relief so anything less of a stellar performance wouldn't suffice, and apparently, some of them didn't like his take on nobu in nana; (2) he doesn't look very morita-ish and is a little short (a couple of centimeters shorter than toma (takemoto)).

well, most of the complaints with the cast is more on their physical similarities with the characters, but i think it's unavoidable since you can't find people with exact features as the anime anyway (personally, i'm quite satisfied with the actors/actresses' transformation). the real problem here is whether or not they can deliver what the directors/script asked them to do and whether or not the screenwriter and directors will retain the characters' personalities. i think what happened to the movie is not mainly the actors/actresses' fault but the directors'/screenwriters'. the actors and actresses just act according to what the directors and script has to say, and unfortunately they decided to erase the humor altogether, make morita colder and totally unlike his silly/funny/crazy/loveable self, make yamada lose her spunk and follow mayama around, and make mayama more of a scary stalker than some obvious-but-not-quite stalker (yes, there's a difference ), etc, etc... still, amidst the worries, doubts and complaints, i guess i'll just have to put my trust in the acting abilities of these three (riko, toma, nari) as they have proven in the past to be quite capable actors/actress in my eyes, the rest of the cast (i'm quite happy with kassy as nomiya), the screenwriter and the directors too.

let's just hope that the entire team'll do a good job in this adaptation. i've read a few interviews with the cast and according to that, the directors are very meticulous about the details and they want the drama to have the "hachikuro" feel. also, they seem to have the "go sign" from umino chika (mangaka)...

here's what is written at the hacikuro drama official site (translation and credit: yanie of d-addicts):


A Message by Umino Chika (Hachimitsu to Clover's manga author)
translated by yanie
I feel very happy about this drama adaptation and hope that people will watch it. The first time I saw Narumi Riko-san was on the poster of the movie, Jindou. I've heard that she is such a talented actress, and when I saw her with my own eyes, I thought "She looks really talented, indeed".
I'm very happy to know she'll be acting as Hagumi. Ikuta Toma-san really looks like a young boy and cute, I think he'll fit the part as Takemoto, I'm really looking forward to it.

HachiKuro is a manga with "creating stuff" as theme and an art university as the set. So, my real hope for the drama, that it'll freely use my original work as a material, and express it in a new, different way. It feels like letting go my child in a journey. I'm really looking forward to it, while seeing and hearing from afar, and hope the child will come back fine.


^ with this, prepare yourselves for departures/changes from the storyline (drama adaptions are usually like that anyway as is hinted in the mangaka's message). hopefully, everything turns out fine, and i sure wish this will not end in disappointment. perhaps, it'll help not to expect a lot?
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/27/07
i think its abit to late for that already expect alot i even go and DL the whole honey and clover in case CR were to remove it
Member
114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/27/07
it's quite understandable for fans to expect a lot since, in my opinion, this is one of the best anime there is, but if we go in and watch the drama with lowered expectations (after all, the movie was quite a bad adaptation, wasn't it?), i think we may enjoy this drama more. if we watch this and expect it to be exactly the same as the anime, we might be sorely disappointed and end up nitpicking everything just like what has happened in many drama adaptations and movies already.
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/27/07
but the moive was like hell it suck like hell its totally differ form the anime like you say(i know i know i had say many time the moive suck that because it really really suck)
Member
9752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / under your bed.
Offline
Posted 12/28/07
wow toma looks so different somehow o. O hmm. . .. .
Member
530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Penang
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
I really hope the drama can portray the anime. The movie sucked big time. Imagine what those who watched the movie but not the anime might think.

The casting for the drama seems to be better than the movie but I still prefer the girl who played Hagu in the movie. She sorta looks more like Hagu. Everyone else in the movie is totally a mismatch!

Although some may not agree, but Toma from the trailer has the Takemoto look. Narimiya as Morita? Why!? And why is Mayama always so dorky?!
Member
14148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Jakarta, Indonesia
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
hi... sorry to but in.. but am i the only one who thinks that the movie wasn't that bad? ^^; i admit that i wasn't a fan of H&C when i first watched the movie. when i've finally watched the entire series of the anime (and became totally addicted to it *lol*) i thought.. yea, well.. the movie could've been better than that (like.. d'uh! XD)
but i still think it wasn't that bad. i could still enjoy watching it

yea.. okay, i'm out now hehe..
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

wi2en wrote:

hi... sorry to but in.. but am i the only one who thinks that the movie wasn't that bad? ^^; i admit that i wasn't a fan of H&C when i first watched the movie. when i've finally watched the entire series of the anime (and became totally addicted to it *lol*) i thought.. yea, well.. the movie could've been better than that (like.. d'uh! XD)
but i still think it wasn't that bad. i could still enjoy watching it

yea.. okay, i'm out now hehe..


well maybe its really because you saw the moive first than the anime but i think most of the ppl who hate it is because after watching the anime and loving it so much you will expect a lot of it that why alot of ppl r disappointed by it BTW saying out what you feel is ok no one scold you if they i will just delete it LOL
Member
14148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Jakarta, Indonesia
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

accw wrote:

well maybe its really because you saw the moive first than the anime but i think most of the ppl who hate it is because after watching the anime and loving it so much you will expect a lot of it that why alot of ppl r disappointed by it BTW saying out what you feel is ok no one scold you if they i will just delete it LOL


*nods* yep.. i guess u're right about that. cause i've read sooo many H&C fans' reviews about the movie. and most of them said that the movie was somewhat a big disappointment ~__~

oh.. u can do that, delete posts? i guess u can huh.. since u're the mod ~XDD

Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

wi2en wrote:


accw wrote:

well maybe its really because you saw the moive first than the anime but i think most of the ppl who hate it is because after watching the anime and loving it so much you will expect a lot of it that why alot of ppl r disappointed by it BTW saying out what you feel is ok no one scold you if they i will just delete it LOL


*nods* yep.. i guess u're right about that. cause i've read sooo many H&C fans' reviews about the movie. and most of them said that the movie was somewhat a big disappointment ~__~

oh.. u can do that, delete posts? i guess u can huh.. since u're the mod ~XDD



ya i can all mod and Creator can i can even edit ppl post
Member
14148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Jakarta, Indonesia
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
edit ppl posts? worr... i'm also the mod in some groups but i didn't know that
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

wi2en wrote:

edit ppl posts? worr... i'm also the mod in some groups but i didn't know that


just turn on froum modding than you will see edit and delete
Member
14148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Jakarta, Indonesia
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
oh.. sou desu ka.. thanks a lot for the tips ^______^
Member
530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Penang
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
This means you can 'make' them say what they didn't say...Evil....hahaha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.