First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Born of a virgin, 12 Disciples, healed the sick, died for your sins!!
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09
Gods born of a virgin, 12 Disciples, healed the sick, died for your sins!!

Egyptian god Horus, born of a virgin, had 12 disciples, walked on water, and healed the sick. lived around 3000 BC."
Horus was know by these names:
"The truth"
"The light"
"God's anointed sun"
"The good shepherd"
"The lamb of god"
After being betrayed by Typhon, Horus was crucified, buried for 3 days, and then resurrected.




Attis (Greece 1200 BC) was:
born of a virgin
crucified, placed in a tomb for 3 days, and then resurrected




Krishna (India 900 BC) was:
born of a virgin
star in the east signaled birth
performed miracles with his disciples
was resurrected




Dionysus (Greece 500 BC) was:
born of a virgin
born on December 25
was resurrected
a traveling teacher who performed miracles, including turning water into wine
referred to as:
"the king of kings,"
"God's only begotten sun"
"The alpha and Omega"




Mithra (Persia 1200 BC)
born of a virgin
had 12 Disciples
performed miracles
was dead for 3 days and then was resurrected.
referred to as "the truth" and "the light"
followers worshiped on "Sunday"


Saviors from different periods and all around the world which subscribe to these general characteristics:
virgin birth
death and then resurrected after 3 days
12 disciples or followers


Others with the same back story!!!
Chrishna of Hindostan
Budha Sakia of India
Salivahana of Bermuda
Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt
Odin of the Scandinavians
Crite of Chaldea
Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia
Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phoenecia
Indra of Tibet
Bali of Afghanistan
Jao of Nepal
Wittoba of the Bilingonese
Thammuz of Syria
Atys of Phrygia
Xamolxis of Thrace
Zoar of the Bonzes
Adad of Assyria
Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam
Alcides of Thebes
Mikado of the Sintoos
Beddru of Japan
Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids
Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls
Cadmus of Greece
Hil and Feta of the Mandaites
Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls
Ischy of the island of Formosa.
Divine Teacher of Plato
Holy One of Xaca
Fohi and Tien of China
Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
Ixion and Quirinus of Rome.
Prometheus of Caucasus.



Now you know and knowing is half the battle! "GI JOE"
Posted 3/7/09
Zeitgeist film.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

Zeitgeist film.


'Yes I Found that as well wile I was looking up the gods......'

18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09
"How is the evidence for the existence of your God any better than the evidence for the existence of Thor, Athena or Quetzalcoatl?"
"You claim that it's 'obvious' your God exists. Why wasn't it obvious to the ancient Greeks, the Maya, the Inuit...?"
"You don't believe in Zeus -- why not? What does your God have that Zeus doesn't? Why does that make a difference?"
"Why are the supposedly historical events central to your religion (a Flood, a Messiah, virgin birth, resurrection...) so similar to the imaginary events that were central to these other religions?"
Posted 3/7/09
Sigh dude can you please keep your trolling to a minimum please I understand that you don't believe god neither do I but that dose not mean you have to go around poking fights with those that do, my motto for life is let sleeping dogs lie
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

Sigh dude can you please keep your trolling to a minimum please I understand that you don't believe god neither do I but that dose not mean you have to go around poking fights with those that do, my motto for life is let sleeping dogs lie


"I have one for you then..."
"Don't fix the leaky pipe and end up paying more for it and the damage it caused!"


That is what I live by, the same as are forefathers. Today people are just hiding them selfs from the world around them. Ask me thats just not healthy.

On Another note, pointing out someones opinion, and post infermation on it, is not trolling. Posting shit that has nothing to do with the thread, now thats spamming.
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09
Oh Great...
Another Religion Thread.

Don't You People Ever Get Tired Of Trying,
To Prove That God Doesn't Exist.

Why Can't You Keep Your Opinions To Yourself,
When It Comes To Religion and God.

Edit: Now Watch The Spammers Rolling In.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

NaruHina2210 wrote:

Oh Great...
Another Religion Thread.

Don't You People Ever Get Tired Of Trying,
To Prove That God Doesn't Exist.

Why Can't You Keep Your Opinions To Yourself,
When It Comes To Religion and God.

Edit: Now Watch The Spammers Rolling In.


thats why.... Because I don't sit back and let the world end around me!

"Don't fix the leaky pipe and end up paying more for it and the damage it caused!"


That is what I live by, the same as are forefathers.



Posted 3/7/09
The World's Gona End Sooner Or Later,
Might Aswell Let It End Sooner.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09
http://teachinghearts.org/dre17hdan09b.html How many fulfilled prophecies thousands of years before them? Nothing will break my faith in Christ because He has worked personally in my life. Jesus still loves you

And about Horus... history tells otherwise. http://www.kingdavid8.com/Copycat/JesusHorus.html. http://www.pleaseconvinceme.com/index/Is_Jesus_Simply_a_Retelling_of_the_Horus_Myth

5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

"I have one for you then..."
"Don't fix the leaky pipe and end up paying more for it and the damage it caused!"


Exactly how is people believing in "fairy tales" having a negative effect on anyone?



That is what I live by, the same as are forefathers. Today people are just hiding them selfs from the world around them. Ask me thats just not healthy.


We all do it. Even I, an atheist (not an anti-theist like you, just so we're clear), have my own ways of escaping reality and ignoring the world around me. I don't watch the news because I don't like hearing about all of the crap going on in the world; I play video games so that I can have something to distract me from all the crap that's going on in the world. Even you blind yourself by being determined that you can make anyone think the way you think, that by posting these kinds of threads people will suddenly "see the light" and stop believing in religion, when in reality they just dismiss you as a troll. Even when you do prove them wrong and show them how crazy their beliefs sound, they aren't going to accept it, and that is the reality that you are apparently hiding yourself from.

Posted 3/7/09
For a second I thought that said "healed your dick."
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

"I have one for you then..."
"Don't fix the leaky pipe and end up paying more for it and the damage it caused!"


Exactly how is people believing in "fairy tales" having a negative effect on anyone?





Lets see....

1. Holy war..
2. not using devises for safe sex. (because thats evil in the eyes of there GOD.)
3. Letting people die because its agenst there religion to Save someone using some types of Medication or Cures.
4. the Burning of people in the name of there God for not believing in him.
5. The brain washing of children at young ages.
6. Voting for undereducated Incompadent presidents and people in the office just because of there religion.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

"I have one for you then..."
"Don't fix the leaky pipe and end up paying more for it and the damage it caused!"


Exactly how is people believing in "fairy tales" having a negative effect on anyone?





Lets see....

1. Holy war..
2. not using devises for safe sex. (because thats evil in the eyes of there GOD.)
3. Letting people die because its agenst there religion to Save someone using some types of Medication or Cures.
4. the Burning of people in the name of there God for not believing in him.
5. The brain washing of children at young ages.
6. Voting for undereducated Incompadent presidents and people in the office just because of there religion.


So how will disproving any of the stories in the Bible stop any of that? People do those things because their god supposedly tells them to, because they interpret their holy text in a screwed up way , not because some guy put a bunch of animals on a boat when the world flooded. If the religion itself was the source of the problem, then every single person in the religion would advocate and indulge in those things (and obviously not all of them do, or you and I would be dead right now). So don't blame the religion, blame certain people who happen to be a part of the religion and use it to justify their actions.

Have you ever heard the expression "Guns don't kill, people who use guns kill?" The same thing applies here.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

"I have one for you then..."
"Don't fix the leaky pipe and end up paying more for it and the damage it caused!"


Exactly how is people believing in "fairy tales" having a negative effect on anyone?





Lets see....

1. Holy war..
2. not using devises for safe sex. (because thats evil in the eyes of there GOD.)
3. Letting people die because its agenst there religion to Save someone using some types of Medication or Cures.
4. the Burning of people in the name of there God for not believing in him.
5. The brain washing of children at young ages.
6. Voting for undereducated Incompadent presidents and people in the office just because of there religion.


So how will disproving any of the stories in the Bible stop any of that? People do those things because their god supposedly tells them to, because they interpret their holy text in a screwed up way , not because some guy put a bunch of animals on a boat when the world flooded. If the religion itself was the source of the problem, then every single person in the religion would advocate and indulge in those things (and obviously not all of them do, or you and I would be dead right now). So don't blame the religion, blame certain people who happen to be a part of the religion and use it to justify their actions.

Have you ever heard the expression "Guns don't kill, people who use guns kill?" The same thing applies here.


If a human being is stupid enough to believe in god in the first place their not worthy of the intelligence they have, those people are a disgrace to human intelligence, personally I think we should be a science race that focuses on bettering technolodgy and going to other planets and stars, but no instead were killing eachother over some magical man who lives in a floating castle in the sky, it's retarded, human intelligence is a awesome thing, and yet their wasting it on religions and believing in god. its pathetic.

And your wrong, guns don't kill people, and people with guns dont kill people, the projectile fired from the gun kills people.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.