First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Born of a virgin, 12 Disciples, healed the sick, died for your sins!!
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth


There are verbal and written accounts of all of their lives, just like Jesus.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth


There are verbal and written accounts of all of their lives, just like Jesus.


I don't think people were walking around with bird heads on their face, or maybe evolution didn't complete its course yet at that time
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Gods born of a virgin, 12 Disciples, healed the sick, died for your sins!!

Egyptian god Horus, born of a virgin, had 12 disciples, walked on water, and healed the sick. lived around 3000 BC."
Horus was know by these names:
"The truth"
"The light"
"God's anointed sun"
"The good shepherd"
"The lamb of god"
After being betrayed by Typhon, Horus was crucified, buried for 3 days, and then resurrected.




Attis (Greece 1200 BC) was:
born of a virgin
crucified, placed in a tomb for 3 days, and then resurrected




Krishna (India 900 BC) was:
born of a virgin
star in the east signaled birth
performed miracles with his disciples
was resurrected




Dionysus (Greece 500 BC) was:
born of a virgin
born on December 25
was resurrected
a traveling teacher who performed miracles, including turning water into wine
referred to as:
"the king of kings,"
"God's only begotten sun"
"The alpha and Omega"




Mithra (Persia 1200 BC)
born of a virgin
had 12 Disciples
performed miracles
was dead for 3 days and then was resurrected.
referred to as "the truth" and "the light"
followers worshiped on "Sunday"


Saviors from different periods and all around the world which subscribe to these general characteristics:
virgin birth
death and then resurrected after 3 days
12 disciples or followers


Others with the same back story!!!
Chrishna of Hindostan
Budha Sakia of India
Salivahana of Bermuda
Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt
Odin of the Scandinavians
Crite of Chaldea
Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia
Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phoenecia
Indra of Tibet
Bali of Afghanistan
Jao of Nepal
Wittoba of the Bilingonese
Thammuz of Syria
Atys of Phrygia
Xamolxis of Thrace
Zoar of the Bonzes
Adad of Assyria
Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam
Alcides of Thebes
Mikado of the Sintoos
Beddru of Japan
Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids
Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls
Cadmus of Greece
Hil and Feta of the Mandaites
Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls
Ischy of the island of Formosa.
Divine Teacher of Plato
Holy One of Xaca
Fohi and Tien of China
Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
Ixion and Quirinus of Rome.
Prometheus of Caucasus.



Now you know and knowing is half the battle! "GI JOE"


I researched a little ot if your horus (im not gonna research every single character u posted) and it seems as if all athiest websites say what you say, they are similar. I was a little skeptical so I researched horus on my own. Nothing of those similarities came up. Then i saw this website http://www.kingdavid8.com/Copycat/JesusHorus.html and it seemed as tho this was a huge hoax. He even had a debate with the guy who wrote the book "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold" (which started this whole horus vs. Jesus thing) and here's a link to their debate http://www.kingdavid8.com/Letters/LetterJesusHorus.html yeah the author's sources weren't credible, looked like he was just an angry athiest wanting to prove Jesus false.

Idk about the other characters you mentioned but seeing one of your evidences to be false iim going to safely assume the rest are all bullshitted stories from other athiests as well

EDIT: actually with more research i found the original theory was from some english poet in the 19th century. the guy who wrote that book just copied his theories down so apparently he didn't even research it himself
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth


There are verbal and written accounts of all of their lives, just like Jesus.


I don't think people were walking around with bird heads on their face, or maybe evolution didn't complete its course yet at that time


Sounds just as likely as some guy walking on water with nothing supporting him, or fitting 2 of every animal on to some boat and keeping them healthy and alive for 40 days and nights while being stranded in a large body of water, or splitting a large body of water in two without putting some kind of barrier in it. If people can believe one crazy story, why not all of them?
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth


There are verbal and written accounts of all of their lives, just like Jesus.


I don't think people were walking around with bird heads on their face, or maybe evolution didn't complete its course yet at that time


Sounds just as likely as some guy walking on water with nothing supporting him, or fitting 2 of every animal on to some boat and keeping them healthy and alive for 40 days and nights while being stranded in a large body of water, or splitting a large body of water in two without putting some kind of barrier in it. If people can believe one crazy story, why not all of them?


this thread was validate whether Jesus' story was a copy from other gods. If you want to debate with me go ahead, just PM me
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth


There are verbal and written accounts of all of their lives, just like Jesus.


I don't think people were walking around with bird heads on their face, or maybe evolution didn't complete its course yet at that time


Sounds just as likely as some guy walking on water with nothing supporting him, or fitting 2 of every animal on to some boat and keeping them healthy and alive for 40 days and nights while being stranded in a large body of water, or splitting a large body of water in two without putting some kind of barrier in it. If people can believe one crazy story, why not all of them?


this thread was validate whether Jesus' story was a copy from other gods. If you want to debate with me go ahead, just PM me


Oh yea, I forgot about the whole staying on topic thing. I'd like to debate with you, but I'm afraid that you might dismiss everything I say as a "bullshitted story from an atheist" if I accidentally misspell something.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth


There are verbal and written accounts of all of their lives, just like Jesus.


I don't think people were walking around with bird heads on their face, or maybe evolution didn't complete its course yet at that time


Sounds just as likely as some guy walking on water with nothing supporting him, or fitting 2 of every animal on to some boat and keeping them healthy and alive for 40 days and nights while being stranded in a large body of water, or splitting a large body of water in two without putting some kind of barrier in it. If people can believe one crazy story, why not all of them?


this thread was validate whether Jesus' story was a copy from other gods. If you want to debate with me go ahead, just PM me


Oh yea, I forgot about the whole staying on topic thing. I'd like to debate with you, but I'm afraid that you might dismiss everything I say as a "bullshitted story from an atheist" if I accidentally misspell something.


do you LIKE spamming? because that is what you are doing. So am I but this is the spam to end all spams (allusion to WWI intended) Btw i have no idea what you are talking about i think u mistakened me for someone else
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:

You know, I find athiests to be more closed-minded, ignorant, arrogant, stubborn, etc. than religious people.

They hate other people for imposing (or just having) their beliefs and for being so stubborn, and yet they end up doing the same thing. Except even worse, cause they should know better.


I'm an athiest and i'm the most open minded person I know, I'm willing to try just about anything, like, eating dog or cat or squid, and I'm open to lots of other ideas and theories and lots of other new things i havent tried yet. And btw, every human being is ignorant is some way.


You're open-minded? Not believing in a higher power because science doesn't support it, is pretty closed minded, especially if you're so certain about it.

And being ignorant when it comes to these issues is the worst, especially if you're offensive and arrogant. And I can tell, you're extremely ignorant and arrogant on these matters.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:

do you LIKE spamming? because that is what you are doing. So am I but this is the spam to end all spams (allusion to WWI intended)


Well I am pretty bored right now, so I don't have a problem with spamming. But it's not like we're posting random anime pictures or 1-word posts.


Btw i have no idea what you are talking about i think u mistakened me for someone else


I was making fun of this statement you made:


LemonyPanda wrote:

Idk about the other characters you mentioned but seeing one of your evidences to be false iim going to safely assume the rest are all bullshitted stories from other athiests as well


If I misspelled something then you might assume that every single word I typed was misspelled, meaning that my entire post is incoherent and illegible, meaning that I'm a dumbass who doesn't know what I'm talking about, so everything I wrote must be wrong.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

do you LIKE spamming? because that is what you are doing. So am I but this is the spam to end all spams (allusion to WWI intended)


Well I am pretty bored right now, so I don't have a problem with spamming. But it's not like we're posting random anime pictures or 1-word posts.


Btw i have no idea what you are talking about i think u mistakened me for someone else


I was making fun of this statement you made:


LemonyPanda wrote:

Idk about the other characters you mentioned but seeing one of your evidences to be false iim going to safely assume the rest are all bullshitted stories from other athiests as well


If I misspelled something then you might assume that every single word I typed was misspelled, meaning that my entire post is incoherent and illegible, meaning that I'm a dumbass who doesn't know what I'm talking about, so everything I wrote must be wrong.


how does that have anything to do with mispelling, it was about wrong him having wrong information...this is pointless im not going to respond so don't even bother quoting
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:

You know, I find athiests to be more closed-minded, ignorant, arrogant, stubborn, etc. than religious people.

They hate other people for imposing (or just having) their beliefs and for being so stubborn, and yet they end up doing the same thing. Except even worse, cause they should know better.


I'm an athiest and i'm the most open minded person I know, I'm willing to try just about anything, like, eating dog or cat or squid, and I'm open to lots of other ideas and theories and lots of other new things i havent tried yet. And btw, every human being is ignorant is some way.


You're open-minded? Not believing in a higher power because science doesn't support it, is pretty closed minded, especially if you're so certain about it.

And being ignorant when it comes to these issues is the worst, especially if you're offensive and arrogant. And I can tell, you're extremely ignorant and arrogant on these matters.


I don't believe in a higher power becasue i just can't see some magical all powerful being who knows all and controls all as possible in my mind. It doesn't matter to me if science supports it or not, i just personally don't believe in a god or gods. Science can't prove or disprove it, so it doesn't even matter. I'm not closed minded just becasue i don't believe in a god / gods. I'm a very open minded person.

I understand people believe in it, and i also understand that people who believe in it aren't going to go away any time soon, 98% of my problems with religion are based from the people who go around trying to convert everyone they see, it's utterly annoying, the other 2% of my problems I have with religion is people believe in events that are impossible, there is no way water could have enough surface tension to support the weight of a human being, it's impossible. I have problems with things like that, and there is no way jesus could have repaired the optic nerve of a blind man, that's also impossible.

Put simply, If religious people leave me alone, I leave them alone, all is well, but the second someone tries to convert me, i have a problem with that, all is no longer well. I'm not interested in hearing about how jesus died for our sins for the 1000th time, because frankly if it happened in the past, it no longer applies to today, so even if jesus did die for everyone's sins, it doesn't matter in present day.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Allhailodin wrote:

I don't believe in a higher power becasue i just can't see some magical all powerful being who knows all and controls all as possible in my mind. It doesn't matter to me if science supports it or not, i just personally don't believe in a god or gods. Science can't prove or disprove it, so it doesn't even matter.


Hmm, you mean the idea of a higher power doesn't make sense to you? Alright, but how does that mean there is no higher power?


I understand people believe in it, and i also understand that people who believe in it aren't going to go away any time soon, 98% of my problems with religion are based from the people who go around trying to convert everyone they see, it's utterly annoying, the other 2% of my problems I have with religion is people believe in events that are impossible, there is no way water could have enough surface tension to support the weight of a human being, it's impossible. I have problems with things like that, and there is no way jesus could have repaired the optic nerve of a blind man, that's also impossible.


Personally, I've never been bothered by religious people trying to convert me or impose any beliefs on me. If that is a big problem for you, then it means you got a problem with those people that are bothering you, and not the actual beliefs. If I walked around telling everyone to be an atheist and shoving my anti-religion beliefs down people's throats, does it make sense for people to hate atheism because of that?

And secondly, all those things thta don't make sense are called miracles that people believe were possible with the help of God. So the Noah'a ark story and whetever other thing that doesn't make sense is through the power of God, and if God can do anything, then they are not crazy beliefs.


Put simply, If religious people leave me alone, I leave them alone, all is well, but the second someone tries to convert me, i have a problem with that, all is no longer well. I'm not interested in hearing about how jesus died for our sins for the 1000th time, because frankly if it happened in the past, it no longer applies to today, so even if jesus did die for everyone's sins, it doesn't matter in present day.


It's okay to be angry at annoying religious people, but don't blame the religion and beliefs for it. The blame goes to the people doing it.

But you're first couple of posts were rediculous and offensive and attacked not just ALL religious people, but anyone with a belief in a higher power. You just called Ganhdi, Martin Luther King and Mother Teresa "not worthy of the intelligence they have" and a "a disgrace to human beings." Really? Gandhi, MLK and Mother Teresa are a disgrace to human beings? and what about me, and every other person who believes in a higher power or is religious?

And then there's the "there is no God" thing, you don't believe in God, okay. But that doesn't mean you know the truth. How could you know? See, you're doing the same thing the annoying religious people do, imposing your beliefs and being sooo certain.

And the "anyone who needs to rely on a higher power to get tho the day needs to be executed, or at the least stop believing in those things, weak minded religious people are a waste of space and time" thing kind of introduced a new "extremist" atheist view, lol. Just like the extremist Muslims who want to kill the infidels.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:

how does that have anything to do with mispelling, it was about wrong him having wrong information...this is pointless im not going to respond so don't even bother quoting


I was making fun of your way of thinking that if 1 piece of evidence is wrong then the rest of them must be wrong, even though their validity isn't dependent on the others being right. I hope you know that telling me not to quote you was the only reason why I quoted you.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how does that have anything to do with mispelling, it was about wrong him having wrong information...this is pointless im not going to respond so don't even bother quoting


I was making fun of your way of thinking that if 1 piece of evidence is wrong then the rest of them must be wrong, even though their validity isn't dependent on the others being right. I hope you know that telling me not to quote you was the only reason why I quoted you.


I said im going to assume. im not going to research all 50 of them, i have a life you know
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.