First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Born of a virgin, 12 Disciples, healed the sick, died for your sins!!
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth


There is just as much proof for each and everyone of those gods as there is for Jesus.
SO tell me how do you know you picked the right one.. You do know most of the Gods get angry wen you worship other gods.
Just hope you picked the right one. LOL.. Not that any of them are real in the first place.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is what i mean by some atheists being as ignorant as religious people. And alot more arrogant.

If you don't believe in Jesus, then you must not believe in anyone before photography was invented. Like Alexander the Great, or Napolean.

Darkpheonix, stop imposing your beliefs on people, jeez.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

I don't believe in a higher power becasue i just can't see some magical all powerful being who knows all and controls all as possible in my mind. It doesn't matter to me if science supports it or not, i just personally don't believe in a god or gods. Science can't prove or disprove it, so it doesn't even matter.


Hmm, you mean the idea of a higher power doesn't make sense to you? Alright, but how does that mean there is no higher power?


I understand people believe in it, and i also understand that people who believe in it aren't going to go away any time soon, 98% of my problems with religion are based from the people who go around trying to convert everyone they see, it's utterly annoying, the other 2% of my problems I have with religion is people believe in events that are impossible, there is no way water could have enough surface tension to support the weight of a human being, it's impossible. I have problems with things like that, and there is no way jesus could have repaired the optic nerve of a blind man, that's also impossible.


Personally, I've never been bothered by religious people trying to convert me or impose any beliefs on me. If that is a big problem for you, then it means you got a problem with those people that are bothering you, and not the actual beliefs. If I walked around telling everyone to be an atheist and shoving my anti-religion beliefs down people's throats, does it make sense for people to hate atheism because of that?

And secondly, all those things thta don't make sense are called miracles that people believe were possible with the help of God. So the Noah'a ark story and whetever other thing that doesn't make sense is through the power of God, and if God can do anything, then they are not crazy beliefs.


Put simply, If religious people leave me alone, I leave them alone, all is well, but the second someone tries to convert me, i have a problem with that, all is no longer well. I'm not interested in hearing about how jesus died for our sins for the 1000th time, because frankly if it happened in the past, it no longer applies to today, so even if jesus did die for everyone's sins, it doesn't matter in present day.


It's okay to be angry at annoying religious people, but don't blame the religion and beliefs for it. The blame goes to the people doing it.

But you're first couple of posts were rediculous and offensive and attacked not just ALL religious people, but anyone with a belief in a higher power. You just called Ganhdi, Martin Luther King and Mother Teresa "not worthy of the intelligence they have" and a "a disgrace to human beings." Really? Gandhi, MLK and Mother Teresa are a disgrace to human beings? and what about me, and every other person who believes in a higher power or is religious?

And then there's the "there is no God" thing, you don't believe in God, okay. But that doesn't mean you know the truth. How could you know? See, you're doing the same thing the annoying religious people do, imposing your beliefs and being sooo certain.

And the "anyone who needs to rely on a higher power to get tho the day needs to be executed, or at the least stop believing in those things, weak minded religious people are a waste of space and time" thing kind of introduced a new "extremist" atheist view, lol. Just like the extremist Muslims who want to kill the infidels.



Hmm, you mean the idea of a higher power doesn't make sense to you? Alright, but how does that mean there is no higher power?
I have yet to see sufficent evidence to prove to me that a higer power/s of some form/s exist, and since i have yet to see enough proof that god/s exist, i don't believe they exist. Until I see for myself physical proof that a god/s exist, i'm not going to believe in them.


Personally, I've never been bothered by religious people trying to convert me or impose any beliefs on me. If that is a big problem for you, then it means you got a problem with those people that are bothering you, and not the actual beliefs. If I walked around telling everyone to be an atheist and shoving my anti-religion beliefs down people's throats, does it make sense for people to hate atheism because of that?

And secondly, all those things thta don't make sense are called miracles that people believe were possible with the help of God. So the Noah'a ark story and whetever other thing that doesn't make sense is through the power of God, and if God can do anything, then they are not crazy beliefs.


I put up with alot of it, its the ones who don't leave you alone, piss me off, They can obviously see i'm not interested in anything they have to say, and yet there still talking to me about something I don't care about. Thats damn annoying, i usually wind up making them go away by saying something like "i'm about to shove that bible up your ass, if you don't go away now", at that point they usually go away.

Miracles of god mean nothing if you can't prove em, I know for a fact that the surface tension of water has not, will not, and will never support the weight of a human being, it is physically impossible, thus rendering that "Miracle of god" useless and false.


But you're first couple of posts were rediculous and offensive and attacked not just ALL religious people, but anyone with a belief in a higher power. You just called Ganhdi, Martin Luther King and Mother Teresa "not worthy of the intelligence they have" and a "a disgrace to human beings." Really? Gandhi, MLK and Mother Teresa are a disgrace to human beings? and what about me, and every other person who believes in a higher power or is religious?

And then there's the "there is no God" thing, you don't believe in God, okay. But that doesn't mean you know the truth. How could you know? See, you're doing the same thing the annoying religious people do, imposing your beliefs and being sooo certain.

And the "anyone who needs to rely on a higher power to get tho the day needs to be executed, or at the least stop believing in those things, weak minded religious people are a waste of space and time" thing kind of introduced a new "extremist" atheist view, lol. Just like the extremist Muslims who want to kill the infidels.


Fair enough, I was in a bad mood, so what, sue me. And besides, killing all the religious people in the world is a really stupid idea, as there wouldn't be enough people left to maintain the human race.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Allhailodin wrote:

I have yet to see sufficent evidence to prove to me that a higer power/s of some form/s exist, and since i have yet to see enough proof that god/s exist, i don't believe they exist. Until I see for myself physical proof that a god/s exist, i'm not going to believe in them.


Okay, that's fine, and logical. But you cannot say "God does not exist." You can say "I don't believe God exists", but saying factually, that there is no God, is wrong. Personally, I logically came to the conclusion that there is some sort of higher power, because everything didn't just come into existence out of no where, and our lives probably aren't meaningless. So people have different views, but you can't arrogantly say your view is the right one.


I put up with alot of it, its the ones who don't leave you alone, piss me off, They can obviously see i'm not interested in anything they have to say, and yet there still talking to me about something I don't care about. Thats damn annoying, i usually wind up making them go away by saying something like "i'm about to shove that bible up your ass, if you don't go away now", at that point they usually go away.

Miracles of god mean nothing if you can't prove em, I know for a fact that the surface tension of water has not, will not, and will never support the weight of a human being, it is physically impossible, thus rendering that "Miracle of god" useless and false.


Okay, then those people who are annoying you are the problem. Not their beliefs.

And I'm just trying to make you understand religious people's mentality. The surface tension of water cannot support a human being, but first of all, scientific knowlwdge is always changing, we don't have a definitive understanding of everything. The way religious people see it, is God can do anything. If God can do anything, walking on water becomes a possibility. You can say it's impossible for us, but this is God doing it, so if you believe God can do anything, then it's not crazy to believe he walked on water.


18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!


i guess caesar never existed too then since you dont believe in written first hand accounts
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

I have yet to see sufficent evidence to prove to me that a higer power/s of some form/s exist, and since i have yet to see enough proof that god/s exist, i don't believe they exist. Until I see for myself physical proof that a god/s exist, i'm not going to believe in them.


Okay, that's fine, and logical. But you cannot say "God does not exist." You can say "I don't believe God exists", but saying factually, that there is no God, is wrong. Personally, I logically came to the conclusion that there is some sort of higher power, because everything didn't just come into existence out of no where, and our lives probably aren't meaningless. So people have different views, but you can't arrogantly say your view is the right one.


I put up with alot of it, its the ones who don't leave you alone, piss me off, They can obviously see i'm not interested in anything they have to say, and yet there still talking to me about something I don't care about. Thats damn annoying, i usually wind up making them go away by saying something like "i'm about to shove that bible up your ass, if you don't go away now", at that point they usually go away.

Miracles of god mean nothing if you can't prove em, I know for a fact that the surface tension of water has not, will not, and will never support the weight of a human being, it is physically impossible, thus rendering that "Miracle of god" useless and false.


Okay, then those people who are annoying you are the problem. Not their beliefs.

And I'm just trying to make you understand religious people's mentality. The surface tension of water cannot support a human being, but first of all, scientific knowlwdge is always changing, we don't have a definitive understanding of everything. The way religious people see it, is God can do anything. If God can do anything, walking on water becomes a possibility. You can say it's impossible for us, but this is God doing it, so if you believe God can do anything, then it's not crazy to believe he walked on water.





Okay, that's fine, and logical. But you cannot say "God does not exist." You can say "I don't believe God exists", but saying factually, that there is no God, is wrong. Personally, I logically came to the conclusion that there is some sort of higher power, because everything didn't just come into existence out of no where, and our lives probably aren't meaningless. So people have different views, but you can't arrogantly say your view is the right one.


If by everything you mean universe, then there are enough theories and ideas floating around some of which actually make sense, that you can take "god" out of the "universe" picture, and we know how stars and planets form, if you wanna find out how just look it up, and as for life coming into existance, thats simple, inorganic chemicals came together and formed small organic molecules (as has been proved by scientists who have done exactly that in a lab) after quite a few of those organic molecules joined up they formed a cell which then became 2 cells and so on, and over a long period of time, through evolution, basic water animals formed which continued to evolve, which then eventually took to land, and through more evolution more advanced life appeared, more time passed more evolution occured, more complex animals appeared and as of now humans are the most intelligent animal on the planet, and this exact process of complex life appearing has probally happened on thousands if not millions of other planets throughout the universe. It can all be explained without using "god" As for us having a purpose, we probally dont have one, we just exist because by chance certian conditions were met that allowed organic life to form and evolve, if those conditions weren't met, there would be no organic life on earth, so no we probally don't have a purpose unless you make one for yourself.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

I have yet to see sufficent evidence to prove to me that a higer power/s of some form/s exist, and since i have yet to see enough proof that god/s exist, i don't believe they exist. Until I see for myself physical proof that a god/s exist, i'm not going to believe in them.


Okay, that's fine, and logical. But you cannot say "God does not exist." You can say "I don't believe God exists", but saying factually, that there is no God, is wrong. Personally, I logically came to the conclusion that there is some sort of higher power, because everything didn't just come into existence out of no where, and our lives probably aren't meaningless. So people have different views, but you can't arrogantly say your view is the right one.


I put up with alot of it, its the ones who don't leave you alone, piss me off, They can obviously see i'm not interested in anything they have to say, and yet there still talking to me about something I don't care about. Thats damn annoying, i usually wind up making them go away by saying something like "i'm about to shove that bible up your ass, if you don't go away now", at that point they usually go away.

Miracles of god mean nothing if you can't prove em, I know for a fact that the surface tension of water has not, will not, and will never support the weight of a human being, it is physically impossible, thus rendering that "Miracle of god" useless and false.


Okay, then those people who are annoying you are the problem. Not their beliefs.

And I'm just trying to make you understand religious people's mentality. The surface tension of water cannot support a human being, but first of all, scientific knowlwdge is always changing, we don't have a definitive understanding of everything. The way religious people see it, is God can do anything. If God can do anything, walking on water becomes a possibility. You can say it's impossible for us, but this is God doing it, so if you believe God can do anything, then it's not crazy to believe he walked on water.




'Your first point.. Dood find evidence that Santa does not Exist. Yeah not very logical on your half. You clame there is a god. Than its up to you to show evidence of that. Other wise he is not real.

The fact is the evidence for something not being real is the lack of evidence that it is real. (logic is a good thing.)





point two.. Yes Knowlidge changes wen we find new infermation. That is smart.
What is not smart is faith in something created by bronze age man to explain thunder storms, and the sun. (not logical.)
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!


i guess caesar never existed too then since you dont believe in written first hand accounts



There is no first hand accounts for Jesus!!! The first time some one brings up Jesus was more than 100 years after Jesus died supposable. (logic points to that not being first hand unless this person had lived to be 125 or so.)
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!


i guess caesar never existed too then since you dont believe in written first hand accounts



There is no first hand accounts for Jesus!!! The first time some one brings up Jesus was more than 100 years after Jesus died supposable. (logic points to that not being first hand unless this person had lived to be 125 or so.)


oh so some random guy wrote about Jesus in multiple perspectives in the year 100 A.D? think before you post
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
Actually, some books of the New Testament were believed to have been written around 40-50 A.D. (The book of Galatians for example)
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!


i guess caesar never existed too then since you dont believe in written first hand accounts



There is no first hand accounts for Jesus!!! The first time some one brings up Jesus was more than 100 years after Jesus died supposable. (logic points to that not being first hand unless this person had lived to be 125 or so.)


oh so some random guy wrote about Jesus in multiple perspectives in the year 100 A.D? think before you post
A random guy who was part of a church who was happen to change a name to make it fit there religion. yes. Being the strories of Jesus, was not his in the first place. They came from pagan gods long time before him....
I do think.. (logicaly at that.)

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.