First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Born of a virgin, 12 Disciples, healed the sick, died for your sins!!
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Yei wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is what i mean by some atheists being as ignorant as religious people. And alot more arrogant.

If you don't believe in Jesus, then you must not believe in anyone before photography was invented. Like Alexander the Great, or Napolean.

Darkpheonix, stop imposing your beliefs on people, jeez.

No they have first hand evidence. And is backed up using real History.
Jesus does not. Its only logical not to believe in him without the backing of evidence to suport him. And I am not the one who burns people at the stake for not believing in the same thing I do. Thats something only people who worship a Magic Sky daddy would do.

'Because a world without someone looking out for you is to scarry!!!'
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!


i guess caesar never existed too then since you dont believe in written first hand accounts



There is no first hand accounts for Jesus!!! The first time some one brings up Jesus was more than 100 years after Jesus died supposable. (logic points to that not being first hand unless this person had lived to be 125 or so.)


oh so some random guy wrote about Jesus in multiple perspectives in the year 100 A.D? think before you post
A random guy who was part of a church who was happen to change a name to make it fit there religion. yes. Being the strories of Jesus, was not his in the first place. They came from pagan gods long time before him....
I do think.. (logicaly at that.)



for what purpose? when christianity first started, all the apostles were killed except for one ( I think John) all the followers were poor and persecuted. It doesn't really seem like this religion was started for money or fame...
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!


i guess caesar never existed too then since you dont believe in written first hand accounts



There is no first hand accounts for Jesus!!! The first time some one brings up Jesus was more than 100 years after Jesus died supposable. (logic points to that not being first hand unless this person had lived to be 125 or so.)


oh so some random guy wrote about Jesus in multiple perspectives in the year 100 A.D? think before you post
A random guy who was part of a church who was happen to change a name to make it fit there religion. yes. Being the strories of Jesus, was not his in the first place. They came from pagan gods long time before him....
I do think.. (logicaly at that.)



for what purpose? when christianity first started, all the apostles were killed except for one ( I think John) all the followers were poor and persecuted. It doesn't really seem like this religion was started for money or fame...


How are all religions started? There usually cooked up by the down and out, to bring meaning to there lives, later they teach those ideals to there kids, who force feed that religion to others. who intern do the same. Later a nation will attack other nations and force feed there people that religion as well. (evidence Native americans;.) New America forced them into little camps and then forced are religion onto there kids. (more evidence..) Slaves, did you know America used religion to keep the slaves under control. (yep forced the religion onto them and there kids.. Soon there all brainwashed into the religion. That is how religion grows. But all religion starts out a a cult braking off from other religions. Look close enough you can see what religion your broke off from.
As for the apostles have not studied anything? the 12 apostles is not real, there pagon stories that later religions copied. At that the apostles 12 represent the 12 star constellations.

Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

Allhailodin wrote:

If by everything you mean universe, then there are enough theories and ideas floating around some of which actually make sense, that you can take "god" out of the "universe" picture, and we know how stars and planets form, if you wanna find out how just look it up, and as for life coming into existance, thats simple, inorganic chemicals came together and formed small organic molecules (as has been proved by scientists who have done exactly that in a lab) after quite a few of those organic molecules joined up they formed a cell which then became 2 cells and so on, and over a long period of time, through evolution, basic water animals formed which continued to evolve, which then eventually took to land, and through more evolution more advanced life appeared, more time passed more evolution occured, more complex animals appeared and as of now humans are the most intelligent animal on the planet, and this exact process of complex life appearing has probally happened on thousands if not millions of other planets throughout the universe. It can all be explained without using "god" As for us having a purpose, we probally dont have one, we just exist because by chance certian conditions were met that allowed organic life to form and evolve, if those conditions weren't met, there would be no organic life on earth, so no we probally don't have a purpose unless you make one for yourself.


If those theories make the most sense to you, alright, it's not illogical at all. I got my own logic to there being a higher power, and it has more to do with humans today and in history than with the origins of the universe. Even if these theories of how the universe was created and evolution are true, it doesn't go against my beliefs of a higher power at all.

I really don't wanna get into detail of my beliefs right now.



Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'Your first point.. Dood find evidence that Santa does not Exist. Yeah not very logical on your half. You clame there is a god. Than its up to you to show evidence of that. Other wise he is not real.

The fact is the evidence for something not being real is the lack of evidence that it is real. (logic is a good thing.)


Santa and a higher power is not a good comparison. I claim there is a higher power, but I don't need to prove anything to you, because I'm not trying to get you to believe the same thing. Now if you want me to believe there is no higher power, you show me your proof.

"the lack of evidence that it is real", well that's your view. Many people like myself think the existence of a higher power is obvious.



point two.. Yes Knowlidge changes wen we find new infermation. That is smart.
What is not smart is faith in something created by bronze age man to explain thunder storms, and the sun. (not logical.)


Yes that is not smart....

Okay. I've noticed you just spit out random attacks on random people's religious beliefs.


And I am not the one who burns people at the stake for not believing in the same thing I do. Thats something only people who worship a Magic Sky daddy would do.

'Because a world without someone looking out for you is to scarry!!!'


Seriously.....

How is this relevant?
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

If by everything you mean universe, then there are enough theories and ideas floating around some of which actually make sense, that you can take "god" out of the "universe" picture, and we know how stars and planets form, if you wanna find out how just look it up, and as for life coming into existance, thats simple, inorganic chemicals came together and formed small organic molecules (as has been proved by scientists who have done exactly that in a lab) after quite a few of those organic molecules joined up they formed a cell which then became 2 cells and so on, and over a long period of time, through evolution, basic water animals formed which continued to evolve, which then eventually took to land, and through more evolution more advanced life appeared, more time passed more evolution occured, more complex animals appeared and as of now humans are the most intelligent animal on the planet, and this exact process of complex life appearing has probally happened on thousands if not millions of other planets throughout the universe. It can all be explained without using "god" As for us having a purpose, we probally dont have one, we just exist because by chance certian conditions were met that allowed organic life to form and evolve, if those conditions weren't met, there would be no organic life on earth, so no we probally don't have a purpose unless you make one for yourself.


If those theories make the most sense to you, alright, it's not illogical at all. I got my own logic to there being a higher power, and it has more to do with humans today and in history than with the origins of the universe. Even if these theories of how the universe was created and evolution are true, it doesn't go against my beliefs of a higher power at all.

I really don't wanna get into detail of my beliefs right now.



Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'Your first point.. Dood find evidence that Santa does not Exist. Yeah not very logical on your half. You clame there is a god. Than its up to you to show evidence of that. Other wise he is not real.

The fact is the evidence for something not being real is the lack of evidence that it is real. (logic is a good thing.)


Santa and a higher power is not a good comparison. I claim there is a higher power, but I don't need to prove anything to you, because I'm not trying to get you to believe the same thing. Now if you want me to believe there is no higher power, you show me your proof.

"the lack of evidence that it is real", well that's your view. Many people like myself think the existence of a higher power is obvious.



Santa sees you wen your sleeping, he knows wen your good or bad, so be good for goodness sake. Sounds godlike to me.

And can you prove Santa is not real? No Because find evidence that something is not real is not something you can do. But finding no evidence for something makes it only logical that its not very likely am I right or am I right.

13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!


i guess caesar never existed too then since you dont believe in written first hand accounts



There is no first hand accounts for Jesus!!! The first time some one brings up Jesus was more than 100 years after Jesus died supposable. (logic points to that not being first hand unless this person had lived to be 125 or so.)


oh so some random guy wrote about Jesus in multiple perspectives in the year 100 A.D? think before you post
A random guy who was part of a church who was happen to change a name to make it fit there religion. yes. Being the strories of Jesus, was not his in the first place. They came from pagan gods long time before him....
I do think.. (logicaly at that.)



for what purpose? when christianity first started, all the apostles were killed except for one ( I think John) all the followers were poor and persecuted. It doesn't really seem like this religion was started for money or fame...


How are all religions started? There usually cooked up by the down and out, to bring meaning to there lives, later they teach those ideals to there kids, who force feed that religion to others. who intern do the same. Later a nation will attack other nations and force feed there people that religion as well. (evidence Native americans;.) New America forced them into little camps and then forced are religion onto there kids. (more evidence..) Slaves, did you know America used religion to keep the slaves under control. (yep forced the religion onto them and there kids.. Soon there all brainwashed into the religion. That is how religion grows. But all religion starts out a a cult braking off from other religions. Look close enough you can see what religion your broke off from.



well idk how fake religions are started, but they certainly don't get started because they WANT to get persecuted...apparently you don't know european history during Jesus' time period. Believers were hunted down and sent to be eaten by lions for the crowd's entertainment. BTW your statement says nothing about how religions are stated, its obvious you've never been in a formal debate before or you'd be pulverized by your ignorance. (and I know about slavery, i recently studied it in my history class. Funny how you forgot to mention how biblical quotes were used on BOTH sides of the argument, and the quotes used to support slavery were generally weak. Your statements are so filled with bias and rely on the other's ignorance to persuade them. No wonder you only debate on the internet, where you hide behind the safety of your computer screen)
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Santa sees you wen your sleeping, he knows wen your good or bad, so be good for goodness sake. Sounds godlike to me.

And can you prove Santa is not real? No Because find evidence that something is not real is not something you can do. But finding no evidence for something makes it only logical that its not very likely am I right or am I right.



Yeah, sounds like God to you because you don't know anything about God. I don't need to prove Santa isn't real, because I don't care if you believe in him or not.

Again the "no evidence for God" thing is subjective. You don't think their is any evidence for God, but most human beings today and throughout histoty all did. I think there's lots of evidence, but it's things that are not scientifically valid, so you would not understand them. Like love, how do we know it exists? Do you believe in love? There's no physical evidence. So believing in love is illogical and crazy, right? Cause there's no evidence that it exists.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

how many actually have proof they walked on this earth



there is 0 for Jesus. Look it up, there is no real evidence for him ever being a real person Other than the bible.

'And all other religions at least that amount of proof. So if your goal was to set Jesus apart from them, it a fail in the evidence bracket. Any other Ideas.'


sigh...even athiest scholars acknowledge the existence of Jesus. If you want to challenge the existence of Jesus, thats a whole different topic.


No they do not. I have herd that before. But No one has been able to show a lick of proof.
In other words its not true, something someone made up to avoide having to do any work and find proof for there Jesus.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proof+that+Jesus+existed


I have searched for Infermation on Jesus... And 0 is the evidence found. Try to find real (REAL) Evidence for Jesus. You find there is none.
Thats a fact!


i guess caesar never existed too then since you dont believe in written first hand accounts



There is no first hand accounts for Jesus!!! The first time some one brings up Jesus was more than 100 years after Jesus died supposable. (logic points to that not being first hand unless this person had lived to be 125 or so.)


oh so some random guy wrote about Jesus in multiple perspectives in the year 100 A.D? think before you post
A random guy who was part of a church who was happen to change a name to make it fit there religion. yes. Being the strories of Jesus, was not his in the first place. They came from pagan gods long time before him....
I do think.. (logicaly at that.)



for what purpose? when christianity first started, all the apostles were killed except for one ( I think John) all the followers were poor and persecuted. It doesn't really seem like this religion was started for money or fame...


How are all religions started? There usually cooked up by the down and out, to bring meaning to there lives, later they teach those ideals to there kids, who force feed that religion to others. who intern do the same. Later a nation will attack other nations and force feed there people that religion as well. (evidence Native americans;.) New America forced them into little camps and then forced are religion onto there kids. (more evidence..) Slaves, did you know America used religion to keep the slaves under control. (yep forced the religion onto them and there kids.. Soon there all brainwashed into the religion. That is how religion grows. But all religion starts out a a cult braking off from other religions. Look close enough you can see what religion your broke off from.



well idk how fake religions are started, but they certainly don't get started because they WANT to get persecuted...apparently you don't know european history during Jesus' time period. Believers were hunted down and sent to be eaten by lions for the crowd's entertainment. BTW your statement says nothing about how religions are stated, its obvious you've never been in a formal debate before or you'd be pulverized by your ignorance. (and I know about slavery, i recently studied it in my history class. Funny how you forgot to mention how biblical quotes were used on BOTH sides of the argument, and the quotes used to support slavery were generally weak. Your statements are so filled with bias and rely on the other's ignorance to persuade them. No wonder you only debate on the internet, where you hide behind the safety of your computer screen)



Hmmmmm... Reeeaaally ....

Atheist is the most hated and misstrusted group in America. Yet there is more atheist in america than there are Black people in America. Do you know your religion has been hunting down and killing atheist for the last 800 years.

Yes atheist don't like being Persecuted but hell we are still here so your point fails do to evidence of other groups and religions suffer just as much and are still around, and some are groing like the Atheist group.




On another note I talk about religion and my lack of religion at work all the time, that is how I found out two of the people I work with are also Atheist. (I don't hide...)
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Santa sees you wen your sleeping, he knows wen your good or bad, so be good for goodness sake. Sounds godlike to me.

And can you prove Santa is not real? No Because find evidence that something is not real is not something you can do. But finding no evidence for something makes it only logical that its not very likely am I right or am I right.



Yeah, sounds like God to you because you don't know anything about God. I don't need to prove Santa isn't real, because I don't care if you believe in him or not.

Again the "no evidence for God" thing is subjective. You don't think their is any evidence for God, but most human beings today and throughout histoty all did. I think there's lots of evidence, but it's things that are not scientifically valid, so you would not understand them. Like love, how do we know it exists? Do you believe in love? There's no physical evidence. So believing in love is illogical and crazy, right? Cause there's no evidence that it exists.



LOL>.. We can explain love (science is great)! We can explain how the planets and the stars are made, we can explain things, like feelings, and even explain how its not black magic that makes people sick. WOW No physical evidence for love? Yes there is and it all happens in the brain. Should I explain how it works to you? Or Is pointless?


Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09
Killing someone regardless of if they practice satanism is still wrong in Christianity. Murder is murder, and Jesus never instructed us to murder (in fact he preached against it!). Those who murdered atheists for being atheist did it on grounds of their individual wickedness and not on behalf of Christ. God doesn't want us to kill those that disagree, He calls us to live examples and show Christ's Love to the world.

And yes, in Europe and much of Asia those who practiced Christianity were violently martyred for their faith. In fact, Christianity was persecuted even after Constantine established the Roman Church. During the transition many priests to pagan gods became priests within the church, Constantine wasn't even baptized until he was on his death bed (and it isn't my place to judge him, but I question whether or not Constantine was a Christian). Those who disagreed with the church that Constantine had set up were punished, and this spread into the old Catholic church too. Christians have been persecuted by "Christians!" Why would they persecute those who believe in Christ as they do? Because of power, the Catholic church had enormous power in Europe and wanted to stop all opposition (mainly protestant). I don't say this to bash Catholics because I know that they don't reflect what the old Catholic church did and I'm sure they view it as wrong too (I direct my statements to the old Catholic church in Europe hundreds of years ago). The old Catholic church was an empire, and like all other empires they wanted to spread their influence through wars, violence, and politics. I say this to point out that Christ did not command Christians to kill!. Christians are individuals too, and we can sin just like all people have sinned. "Christians" sinned when they killed those who did not believe as they did. They were not examples of Christ, rather, they were examples of their church and political system.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
This is love:




this is fear:




this is Joy:




It's true that proving emotions are a product of the brain doesn't disprove with 100% certainty the existence of a soul, any more than Germ Theory disproved evil spirits as the cause of illness, or any more than discovering your parents placing presents under the tree disproves Santa's annual flight. It's just that they're redundant explanations, and only one is supported by evidence.
377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Q.C.
Offline
Posted 3/7/09
Isn't this ironic? An atheist proving himself right to a topic that he shouldn't believe of.


Man. You're way over the limit. And I thought that atheists won't bother criticize others' religion. >_>


All the other gods are from mythology. What are you proving to a religion starter to all the mythical gods?
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Altrax wrote:

Isn't this ironic? An atheist proving himself right to a topic that he shouldn't believe of.


Man. You're way over the limit. And I thought that atheists won't bother criticize others' religion. >_>


All the other gods are from mythology. What are you proving to a religion starter to all the mythical gods?



I just find it odd they will believe in Jesus yet not all the other gods who have the same back story that older, and also have just as much evidence for them as there god.

How can they say IDK crap and not take a deeper look at there religion.


Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Altrax wrote:

Isn't this ironic? An atheist proving himself right to a topic that he shouldn't believe of.


Man. You're way over the limit. And I thought that atheists won't bother criticize others' religion. >_>


All the other gods are from mythology. What are you proving to a religion starter to all the mythical gods?



I just find it odd they will believe in Jesus yet not all the other gods who have the same back story that older, and also have just as much evidence for them as there god.

How can they say IDK crap and not take a deeper look at there religion.




Why would we believe in all other gods though? If we believe in Jesus then we shouldn't have any other gods because Jesus teaches that they are false and that it is the sin of idolatry. We don't believe in Jesus because we hold the view that "all things that haven't been proven empirically and scientifically must be true and not false." All Christians believe in God because the Holy Spirit has convicted their hearts, but besides that most of us believe because we have logically decided that Jesus is the Messiah (the Son of God). We can look at over 400 specific prophecies about the Messiah that Jesus had fulfilled, we can look to the old testament and see that the prophets of God must have been from the real God because their prophecies (even about history) had come true (just look at the Book of Daniel and its prophecies).
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

This is love:




this is fear:




this is Joy:




It's true that proving emotions are a product of the brain doesn't disprove with 100% certainty the existence of a soul, any more than Germ Theory disproved evil spirits as the cause of illness, or any more than discovering your parents placing presents under the tree disproves Santa's annual flight. It's just that they're redundant explanations, and only one is supported by evidence.


You prove love exists by showing parts of the brain that are associated with it? That's not very good proof, how about showing which parts make us believe in God? I can think of an easier way to prove love exists, but it's a way you would never understand or accept.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.